What Is The Difference Between Magick And The Law Of Attraction?

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

matt22113

What Is The Difference Between Magick And The Law Of Attraction?

Post by matt22113 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:47 pm

Does anyone want to explain this one to me?

I was reading on some forum that had a similar question, and one guy said there was absolutley no difference at all.

but what troubles me about there being no difference is, that in the money spells topic some one said that there can be negative consuquences for doing money spells, such as a family member dieing!

If there both the same, then using the law of attraction to attract money could kill some one you love?

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:06 pm

I wonder who said that and why? Intent is a powerful source of energy so we should always be careful but intent and visualisation ie: manifestation techniques shouldn't ever harm anyone. Whereas a spell in theory could.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:59 am

There is no reason for a spell to hurt anyone.  It depends on the intent, the amount of time one puts into doing the spell.
If the intent is for no harm to come to anyone, and that is the over riding paramount intent, the highest purpose to be served for all, then that is what will be.

TheJedi

Post by TheJedi » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:40 pm

I think there are many similarities between the two topics, but magick is much more concerned with the ritual aspect.  This ritual aspect, at least in my opinion, is what concentrates the energy, thus making it more powerful.

Magick certainly uses The Law of Attraction, but it is sooooo much more than that.

I've been studying wiccan/pagan religions most of my life, and I have never heard of someone dying because of someone casting a money spell.  That is absurd.  The law of 3 is real, but in the negative sense of phrase what would be the "bad" thing about needing money that would cause a "bad" thing like someone dying?  That's just ludicrous.  The internet is full of weirdos, and it was  probably written by a well-intentioned Christian trying to scare people like you away from pagan teachings.  Don't believe everything you read on the internet, by any means.  Pick and choose where, and from whom, you get your information from on ANY topic.

Return to “Occult and Magick”