Spell suggestions for a newbie?

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

PrettySiren

Spell suggestions for a newbie?

Post by PrettySiren » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:16 pm

I have been interested in the pagan path since I was about fourteen. I tried casting some spells out of books I found at my local book store, but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction, possibly. Thanks for any help!

ammo

Post by ammo » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:54 pm

I am not a pagan per se, but I don't think spells should be cast as entertainment. I know of many very potent spells that I gladly recommend to anyone in need but you didn't really specify what you want a spell for. If you really want to experiment I suggest a small prosperity or purifying spell to begin with. The key to a successful spell is usually the amount of energy and thought that you put into it. Really, your thoughts fuel the energy of the spell. If you cast it with skepticism or doubt, obviously it will do nothing for you. Meditate before any spell is cast, to get your mind in the right place.

PrettySiren

Post by PrettySiren » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:49 pm

To make things clear: I would never cast a spell for entertainment and I am not a skeptic. I suppose I didn't word my question very clearly. In my previous post, I meant kind of that the books seemed to be for people who just want to dabble or try something new. But I am sincerely interested in pursuing this path and wanted some positive direction. Someone who maybe could tell me how I should start and somethings I might need to know to begin. Any spells would be useful, there are a lot of things I might WANT to cast a spell for. I've heard that spells are similar to prayers in that you put your energy into what you're trying to accomplish. But, at the same time, I wish to be more knowledgeable, as I don't want to mess with something I don't fully understand or go about something the wrong way.

A purifying spell was something along the lines of what I was thinking when I initially wrote the post.

Castitatis Lilium

Post by Castitatis Lilium » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:26 pm

Well, I was told that the spell is worthless, it's the energy that you put into it.

And I don't mean the energy that you need when you are casting it, but the energy that you put into in writing, chosing the right day(s), tool(s), colors... etc. Believe me, a homewritten spell is much more powerfull than just an ordinary spell from a book. They are not for casting, but act as guidelines for what you can do.

You should try writing a spell on your own, believe me, the more you do, the easier and better each time. Keep in mind that everybody started. You will - eventually - be more experienced when you are writing your own spells, instead of picking those out books.
KISS IT!

PrettySiren

Post by PrettySiren » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:26 pm

Thanks for the advice, Castitatus! This was one of the things I was wondering about, handwritten spells. The spells in the books usually don't convey what I'm trying to accomplish.

Castitatis Lilium

Post by Castitatis Lilium » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:13 pm

I'm glad that was useful for some help.

Greenies,

Castitatis Lilium ;)
KISS IT!

Rev_Vesta

Spells....

Post by Rev_Vesta » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:03 am

Spells are energy created by thought forms  and can take the practice of rituals by the use of correspondances, colours, herbs, planets ruling, days of week, moon phases, sabbats (seasonal holiday) tools, wands, feathers, incense, candles, pens, paper  dirt, crystals etc.....and so much more......

inregards to creating a spell.... be very aware of your intent............be careful about manipulating another's free will.........

Spells create magick (energy...carried into the Universe)..........but action must also take place.........

Prosperity- create abundance into your life.......important to also take note of all of your finances, budgets etc....

To get a job-(the right job for your personal journey) once ritual is complete,,,, send out your CV.... do the ground work, turn up for interviews etc........

To find love- do not name names..... ask that the perfect person for your journey, enter your life for now........accept that the person that enters your life, is perfect for the moment..........whether that moment is for a few days or a few years or for longer, let the Universe take care of your needs without manipulating another's free will......

health- once ritual complete, you must do some healing whether its is physical or emotional, take care of self, nuture.........

just some things to think about.....

read plenty of Spiritual books on Magick, Rituals, spell casting etc.... take notes on the suggestions, ideas, guidelines.......then work from your heart...........

Hope this helps.......

Blessed Be!

Vesta
Love and Light,
Namaste
Rev_Vesta........

Stephys_cool

Post by Stephys_cool » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:10 am

Yaye vesta i love you (: lol i admire true witches.
Well hey I do candle magic and the results are amazing. Also you should practice meeting your  gods and feeling their power/love etc. Also give them your offerings and what not. You have to slowly earn the ability to do greater things.
I do a lot of magic like writing little things down on paper, and burning them. Wow the results are fantastic!!
Also I say little prayers to rocks and other earthly thingy mabobs and the results are mmmmmmm mmmmm goooddd.
It's just actually figuring out how magic works which kinda takes a while. You got to actually get to know magic
I'm too crazy to see

Dionysus

Post by Dionysus » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:40 am

I wouldn't try magic untill I'm fully "equipped" for the spell. You can prepare with lots of meditation, and perhaps a spell of self-empowering would work just fine: with this you simply direct your available energy to gather even more, thus increasing your powers. The sigils I consider to be the easiest form of casting spells, as they engrain the message subconsciously.

Return to “Occult and Magick”