Gifts, Differences, Destiny, Fate, Predestined, etc.

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Wrth1919

Gifts, Differences, Destiny, Fate, Predestined, etc.

Post by Wrth1919 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:22 am

How does one go out to discover ones... gifts?

Further more, is there any way to see if there is a specific destiny for a person such as myself.

I have my reasons, and I am curious to the answers to these. Any help would be appreciated.

Songstress

Post by Songstress » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:31 pm

I've had many people tell me that it would be best to contact my Spirit Guide in order to have these answered.  Some people have told me to pray that God reveal them to me.  I'm not sure if there is any set way to find the answers.  I think it's different for each person, just like everyone has a different destiny.

Aegeus

Post by Aegeus » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am

Observe the situations that you find your self in and discern what the world is asking of you. Pay attention as answers come up in all sorts of small ways.

There are minerals that help also, like lapis lazuli, fire agate, astrophylite, Libyan tektite, moldavite, and many more. Also pay attention to dreams.
"Permacultre is revolution disguised  as gardening"

Wrth1919

Post by Wrth1919 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:26 am

I somewhat know some of my ability, I can "read" people in most situations, so would that qualify as an empath?

Ianna Leane

Post by Ianna Leane » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:47 am

Well, you could be Empath or Clairsential.  I am Empath, and I read and feel everything.  I can watch news articles and if it pertains to a child being injured, I will actually cry because I feel the pain of the parents.  I can't attend funerals.  Death is a new journey for our souls, so I feel it is merriment; however, the christian and catholics mourn, and that energy is too hard for me to bare.  I will go out about once ever 6 months for about a month's span, and then I shelter myself in the house because I have to get away from people.  It wears me down to be around crowds.  But, I do pretty well for myself.  I can tell immediately by someones aura if they are going to hurt me (physically or emotionally).  Sometimes, I ignore the initial alarms just to enjoy the fun; of course, I have to deal with the heartache in the end, but the experience and love is worth it.
Blessed Be

Arcana

Post by Arcana » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:05 am

Well I can’t say that I have any ability that I would deem a “gift”. But I would like to develop empathic abilities. I’m normally very intuitive when it comes to other people’s emotions and can read people with great ease.  I can vaguely feel what others are feeling but I know it’s due to intuition and empathy. However, my friends and I have made previous telepathic efforts only to have me accidentally pick up on feelings, in which case I feel them as if they were my own. In one occasion I received “Video” type information and a whole state of mind. I honestly felt like I was someone else. Though I have to admit, that this friend and I have the rarity of having our angles conjunct (right down to vertex) and also our houses. So we’re just unusually in tune. I have yet to feel the “state of mind” sensation again.
I’m still determined to nurture this possible gift to be. It can definitely be unsettling, but it’s very beautiful and instructive. But maybe it wasn’t all too destined since I’ve never had it to begin with...
I can dream.
As for destiny numerology and astrology have been amazing for me. Go to Astrodienst look to the sign of the node the house of the node/node aspects. You can find these interpretations online with ease. You could look at the vertex and respective aspects, especially the node aspect to vertex. Having one at all could suggest an important destiny to fulfill or lesson to learn. A very easy thing to do is look at your lifepath number. Just google free numerology chart and it should be enough to give you a fair idea. Do this with other areas enough times and it will start to narrow down as you begin to spot patterns and common denominators. And all of this isn’t really too hard to find. You could try to spend some quality time with the tarot or meditation exercises might help. But it’s rarely easy to get very specific and frankly I think it’s meant to be so. Sometimes too much knowledge beforehand just takes the gruelling fun out of life.
"You are not a human being in search of a spiritual experience. You are a spiritual being immersed in a human experience." ~ Teilhard de Chardin

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:59 pm

On the other hand, nothing worthwhile ever came without effort on our part.  There is no gift of God - there are only talents and skills to be honed and practiced.  (a gift is given - a talent is on loan for God's work).
God bless, J

Arcana

Post by Arcana » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 am

Very well put. And I guess the extra effort can really help cultivate more appreciation.
"You are not a human being in search of a spiritual experience. You are a spiritual being immersed in a human experience." ~ Teilhard de Chardin

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:47 pm

Knowledge is power.  The more we know on any subject, the more we understand where we fit into the picture.
God bless, J

Return to “Occult and Magick”