can anyone please tell me the meaning of this oration

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

hiraya

can anyone please tell me the meaning of this oration

Post by hiraya » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:34 pm

i found this from a local forum, and i've read there that before i do any spells or anything similar i should know what it means. so, if anyone could help me translate this even if the purpose is obvious, please? :)
Orasyon For Great Comprehension and Memory

This orasyon if prayed everyday discreetly and with passion will cause great mental comprehension and good memory. Recite it with your left hand touching the temple of your head.

"Pax domine nostri angeli do do do pericot deus simpeterni omnipotente griyego jata Jesus salvame egoverbum Christum pactum mihi concentracion cera poderosa et mihi memoria sera magnus el Melech neeman."(7x)

another question is that why is it that spells and stuff i found in local books are always in latin? why is that? although i did find some stuff in my local language. (it is somewhat a bit frustrating for me because it seems that local lore has been overwritten by western witchcraft like wicca :P. for those wondering, i'm in south east asia.  :smt003 hollah~)

another thing i'm confused about is that although witchcraft is forbidden by the catholic church some exorcist priests seem to be well versed with this although their primary weapons of choice are prayers in latin. why is that?

mysticvirgo

Are you in Phillipines?

Post by mysticvirgo » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:45 am

Kulaam is related to Carribean Voodoo practises in that they both are partially derived from Catholosism.  Many of the spiritual entities are adapted Christian saints and angels.  This being so, many of the spells from both Kulaam and Vodoun are spoken in Latin.  

The Catholic Church ( and other western traditions) allow thier Priests to cast spells, but they do not call them spells, but prayers or incantations. A small semantic difference that allows the Church to maintain seperation form the pagans.

The translation of the incantation is difficult. Several of the words are either mispelled, mistranslated or from a language other than Latin.  

My translator gives "Peace the owner of the our men of the angel I give through Gaius God always by the by all-powerful gr by the yegus the jata Jesus to the salvam I the word Christ the bargain to me the concentracion the wax the poderosa and to me the memory the bar the large/great/big/vast/huge el of Melechus the neemanus"

Translators are very literal and don't always account for a translation of grammer/syntax.
(peace)(the Lord) (our) (messenger)(dedicate)(by means) COTE - Untranslatable (GOD/Spirit)(three/Trinity)(all-powerful) gri yegi jata-untrans. (Jesus) Salva me- untrans. (I/me)(word) Christ (agree upon)(I/me/myself) concetration-untrans.(seal/cover in wax) (I)(Rembering)(after expected/proper time/at late hour)(noble/great/distiguished) el Melech Neeman-untrans. Seems to be a name.

Magnus is the term/title associated with practioners of the 'High Magical Arts' . El Melech Meman seems to be the one who wrote this incantation or the one the writing is about

What the incantation seems to read to me is "I, a peaceful messenger of the Lord. Dedicatate, by means of the Trinity, God and the Saviour, Jesus Christ,(Untranslated, perhaps consecrating), remember after the expected time the Distinguished El Melech Neeman.

It is the untranslatable, by me, words that will be the telling of if this is an incantation or a Eulogy.

Please, if any others more studied in Latin translations, can double check this, please do.  I would welcome the collaboration.

BTW - this was FUN!

hiraya

why yes, i am~ :)

Post by hiraya » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:30 pm

thanks for helping me out. :D i'm glad you had fun.

i guess i should've thought that out since catholicism was sort of a by-product of paganism. :P

i've heard far too many urban legends about some idiot trying out some stuff from the internet and wound up killed by demons and stuff.

so, do you think it's safe for a noob like me to do this?

mysticvirgo

I dont think you will be killed outright

Post by mysticvirgo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:25 pm

But trying to call entites up without good solid training can have all sorts of unpleasant effects.  

Go ask in the Wiccan forums about the effects of summoning without good training.  They will all agree.

I wouldn't go as far as saying Catholocism being a product of paganism. Catholisism had to adopt certain Pagan holidays as a way to keep the newly converted pagans satisfied.   A sort of "If ya can't beat em, join em" stratagey. But that is for a different forum

Return to “Occult and Magick”