Can Anyone Tell Me What These Symbols Mean?

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Momomuffins

Can Anyone Tell Me What These Symbols Mean?

Post by Momomuffins » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:37 am

Hi :)

This is my time first here and first post so I apologize if I'm asking this question in the wrong place. I have a feeling I might get somewhere here though.

For years I've been a superfan of the music band The Mars Volta and I'm intrigued by their extremely detailed and mysterious artwork. I came across this somewhat simple image today and I am SO curious what these symbols represent and where they come from. The more I "research", the more I'm drawn in and want to know more, but I want to make sure I'm reading the correct thing or on the right path at least. I've never heard of Mysticism or anything close to or relating to it until this past hour so I hope my ignorance hasn't offended anyone. Thanks so much!

Image[/img]

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:17 pm

Symbols can be quite subjective - there is no guarantee that any given symbol has an "official" meaning - to fully understand what these symbols mean one would have to know the mind of those who had created them.
With that being said, I recognize some of the more common symbols: some of the ones in the middle.

First you have a sun symbol, which to me a symbol of power. Then there is the M-like symbol, which I believe is a symbol for the planet Mercury, and therefore a symbol of those properties commonly associated with that planet; travel, communication - and in the case of one starting a band which they would like to be succesful - good fortune in business ventures.
Then there are two more symbols, one that might simply be the number 3 (which would then lead to the energies associated with that digit in numerology) and one which is unknown to me.
They are all surrounded by a triangle pointing downward. This suggests that whatever it is the symbols within it represent, the creator of the symbol is trying to draw that in, rather than focus it out.

As for the symbols surrounding the triangle, I really have no idea.
☼

Evard

Post by Evard » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Hi . I am Evard .

The symbols surrounding Sun Power are High Leavr , SagObit and S~asten .

The symbol triangle pointed down can be [as Charlesman pointed out]:
a symbol of drawing near or toward [though tri*down means : villain^]
and the 3 sym.bol is found in foreign letter S and English : 3rd Astro~!!
or as primary symbol of the newer Sanskrit Amaste . N Amaste Evard .

You would have "trouble" finding High Leave or Leavr on American net ,
though you can look up SagObit as MAna.i*Orbit in Martian Archeology .

With the newer Mars Mission .,. I doubt there will be mention of older :@
archeology as the mythic marsian race are said to have left thousands * of years ago . Thanks . Good luck in studies .

Return to “Occult and Magick”