Sleep paralysis and deomons

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

girlwiththefairytatto

Sleep paralysis and deomons

Post by girlwiththefairytatto » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:50 pm

I occassionly suffer from sleep paralysis. Someone I met who has attempted to make a deal with demons but declined the final offer said that it sleep paralysis is actually demons. I think  might have had my first expience when  experimented with ouija boards. Was it demons as one episode appeared to be hell (i was lowered into the ground and saw red) I have also had experiences of a sexual nature. Does this mean I have been attackedby a scubus or incuus and what it might mean for me

spiritalk

Post by spiritalk » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:44 pm

There is a logical, scientific reason for sleep paralysis.  The metaphysical has taken hold and makes all kinds of claims for its happening.  

That which we dwell upon in mind, will manifest.  Do not make it out to be more than an aberration which happens seldom.

My suggestion would be to stop experimenting with such things as the Ouija, seek good, solid, advice on some of the things happening in and around you and Move on.
God bless, J

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Demons do not cause sleep paralysis, but SP can cause hallucinations of demons

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:01 am

The logically and scientifically explainable natural phenomenon of sleep paralysis can cause the sleeper to experience a large number and variety of visual, auditory and tactile hallucinations, including but certainly not limited to sensing the apparent presence of demonic creatures in your bedroom or of you feeling as though you are being attacked by them.

So sleep paralysis can make you see, hear or feel something which is really not there - the true definition of an hallucination. The sleep paralysis can cause hallucinations, instead of the hallucinations causing the sleep paralysis.

While hallucinations involving demons during an incidence of sleep paralysis have never been known to harm any living person because they are merely hallucinations, playing around with a Ouija board can unintentionally open doors to the lower astral world which is inhabited by creatures which could be easily mistaken for the demons described by several world religions.

Whether demons do actually exist as described is still very much a matter of considerable controversy and superstition, but regardless of whether or not they do is it worth risking your immortal soul to find out?

Leave the Ouija board in your cupboard, burn it or give it away, and sleep soundly in the knowledge that if you do experience sleep paralysis, that it is categorically not caused by demons or any other supernatural creatures.

This outdated belief of demonic visitors or attackers during sleep paralysis probably comes from the so called OLD HAG PHENOMENON OR SYNDROME.

Which is really SLEEP PARALYSIS (SP) in disguise.

http://sleepparalysis.dnswh.com/what_is ... alysis.htm

Regards,

EoT  :smt059

marriamb

Re: Sleep paralysis and deomons

Post by marriamb » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:52 pm

girlwiththefairytatto wrote:I occassionly suffer from sleep paralysis. Someone I met who has attempted to make a deal with demons but declined the final offer said that it sleep paralysis is actually demons. I think  might have had my first expience when  experimented with ouija boards. Was it demons as one episode appeared to be hell (i was lowered into the ground and saw red) I have also had experiences of a sexual nature. Does this mean I have been attackedby a scubus or incuus and what it might mean for me
I've been suffering from sleep paralysis for 4 years now. I got it checked by a doctor and he prescribed me escitalopram for it. May be you should go to a doctor too if it bothers you a lot

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:17 pm

May be you should go to a doctor too if it bothers you a lot
It is probably a good idea any way to get a physical checkup from your doctor in order to eliminate any treatable underlying medical conditions, when trying to work out what is causing the constant attacks of sleep paralysis.

That is whether or not it bothers you a lot.

But what works for one person does not automatically work for everyone.

In most cases a doctor prescribing a highly addictive drug like escitalopram which is usually only reserved for the treatment of major depressive disorders for what is so often a relatively benign condition as sleep paralysis, would be regarded as major overkill.

I am very pleased and grateful that you got some relief from your drug treatment and there may have been other reasons than your sleep paralysis why your doctor felt that the risks of doing nothing greatly outweighs the drug's possible side effects and it's significant potential for addiction.

This is precisely why each case should be evaluated on its own merits in private, with the help of a qualified medical practitioner. Sometimes simply moving your bed time forward by up to an hour (as sleep cycles are approximately 90 minutes in length) is all that is needed to make the sleep paralysis go away.

EoT  :smt015

Return to “Occult and Magick”