Spell

A forum that offers discussions on esoteric topics like demonology, magick, encounters, witchcraft, and all things spiritual or mystical in nature.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

girlwiththefairytatto

Spell

Post by girlwiththefairytatto » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:37 am

I cast a spell to get a particular job. I didn't get it. The spell involved candles and lighting candles every Thursday until employment is gained. As it was for a particular job should I discard the candles or keep lighting so that I will be guided to the correct job for me. Thanks

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:26 pm

So what you appear to be asking us is as to whether we think that you should discard the specific candles which you were using at the time, because you did not get the job?

Your idea is that those candles being used at the time have been spoiled or contaminated by your failure to gain employment, and that therefore they should not be used again?

I think if you really believe that the candles will be contaminated or spoiled it will be a consequence of your belief, rather than the apparent failure of your spell.

On this basis alone, I would recommend that you should replace your candles on a weekly cycle, as every week which passes without you getting a job will be seen by you as a failure, in your mind spoiling last week's candle (s).

I really hope that you have a large and reliable and affordable supply of ceremonial candles available to you, if this is going to be your practice from now on.

Lighting ceremonial candles does not of course eliminate the need for you continuing to make job applications, attend job interviews, and get professional career advice when necessary.

A spell is meant to support and magnify the positive effects of your practical efforts to help yourself get a  job, and is never intended to replace you doing these things.

The Gods always give first preference or priority to those of us who do whatever we humanly can do to help ourselves.

EoT

Return to “Occult and Magick”