Horary Chart

Learn about this time related astrology technique for making predictions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

swetha
Site Admin

Horary Chart

Post by swetha » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:08 am

The name of horary comes from the Greek "hora" - an hour and means "of the hour". The chart is set for the moment of "birth" of a question.
The Horary Chart is a map of the sky at a moment in time, as it relates to a particular place on Earth. A Horary chart can answer most any question you care to ask. It is very important that the question is sincere and significant enough to have an impact on you.
The chart is circular, and is collapsed to two dimensions by ignoring latitude and true astronomical distance. a chart set for the time, date and location of the querent. Generally only the traditional seven planets are used (Sun through to Saturn) although if the other three outer planets are prominent, they shouldn't be ignored.
The sky is sectioned into twelve Signs demarked roughly by the constellations of the Zodiac. It is also sectioned into twelve numbered Houses referenced from the point directly beneath an observer's feet (opposite "midheaven," the point directly above one's head). At a given moment each planet is in a certain Sign for everyone, but which House it is in depends on both the time of day and where you are on the Earth.

DeMadre

question

Post by DeMadre » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:31 am

where could i find this chart?

warriorgenie

Post by warriorgenie » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:44 pm

Ya lor, me too becoz i don't really understand.

m raja ganesh

chart

Post by m raja ganesh » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:43 pm

dear loved ones,help in knowing where is the file to download.

kadar_307

Post by kadar_307 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:50 pm

is this more in depth than regular astology?

Avid Seeker

Horary Astrology

Post by Avid Seeker » Thu May 03, 2007 10:08 am

What a great definition Swetha!

My comment only adds to what you have already said.

Horary is an ancient form of Astrology. It was used a lot back when only 5 planets were known in addition to the Sun and Moon. (They are not planets, they are luminaries, or "lights.") This is why books on Horary Astrology usually only talk about those 5 planets (7 if you include the luminaries).

My main comment goes to what Swetha said about not leaving out other planets if you feel they are important. She's right. I wanted to add though:

You are not leaving any planets out when you use the 7 mentioned previously. That is because most schools of Astrology now consider the "newer" planets as octaves of several of the other known planets.

Horary is an wonderfully accurate and interesting branch of Astrology. It can locate lost items, point out people who have done a particular action (or will do...), or provide information about almost anything you need to know.

As Swetha mentioned though, it is NOT for light-hearted questions or joking around. It is for important questions, information that will have an impact on you. I would add, or also on your interaction with others in some significant way.

You wouldn't act disrespectful if you got an audience with a world famous psychic or predictive expert. You wouldn't ask them to tell you something silly like how many sesame seeds are going to be on your next McDonalds hamburger bun WOULD YOU? Why? Because it would be a terrible waste of an opportunity to get information you really needed while you had a chance to reach out to a genuine source of truth.

EVERYTHING has an Astrology chart since Astrology is a reading of the energy available to a person, thing, or idea (yes -- those too!) from the time it is 'born' -- you know, when it starts to exist! Astrology tells all about the list of events available to create for that particular existence. All forms of Astrology are roadmaps.

Return to “Horary Astrology”