Question about my Brother

Learn about this time related astrology technique for making predictions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

hodad

Question about my Brother

Post by hodad » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:22 am

Hi I have a horary question that I was hoping someone could help me with.The chart I drew up for it is--- June 28 4:05 pm Lake Isabella CA
It is regarding my brother Kevin (I can give full name if it is helpful) and he passed away last year.His body was found in a field near Sherman Island(near Sacramento California) on October 17,2007-- it is anyones guess as to what the actual date of death was,It could have been a week or too or it could have been a month or two .It is believed that he committed suicide.I had not been in touch with him for awhile and had no idea what was going on with him.His life had been made up of some really good periods then some really bad periods so it could be a mix of a lot of things.I would just like to ask---what happened to him,and what details can be revealed about the general situation.I would like to know if I can find out--what the actual time and date of death was,was it suicide,what were the surrounding circumstances,and most importantly what was his state of mind at this time and is there information about what might have specifically led to this act..LIke I said I had not been in touch with him for the last few years and of course this came as a complete shock.He must have been in a terrible state of mind.Anyway if you would like to look into this that would be great,otherwise thats okay if not.Maybe you can direct me to some sources of information about horary astrology to where I can do it myself.Thanks very much Maura
PS I just drew up this chart for the moment I asked this question about him---I have no clue as to how to interpret it if you could give me any pointers that would be great.Right now I am thinking the brother would be third house,right? Then looking at the third house ruler which is Saturn in the 10th conjuncting Mars in Leo does not look good.Just wondering how to interpret this chart--thanks

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:58 pm

Using Astrology to learn about a death is difficult.  it's difficult because it's a subject that is carefully avoided, it seems.  Since it's avoided, there hasn't been a lot of observation of what a person might see in a chart.  I can tell you, though, that even though most astrologers stay away from this kind of subject, it isn't without interest.  I've done charts for people who I've known that have left this world.  Like you, I needed to answer those heart questions about what was going on with them.  What I have found, without exception, is that the chart never showed a specific set of transits or planetary positions to give any indication or warning of a death so that anyone could "predict" it in advance.  What I did find, though, is that also without exception, that on the date/time of a death there was all indications of a beautiful or spiritual kind of day.  By "spiritual" I mean the kind of day when you might be drawn to stand and watch a beautiful sunset, realizing your own worth and significance in a world full of love and bounty.  We all have those moments, and we all don't die everytime we have them.  So, again, there isn't much to "predict."  I've also seen some charts of people who died violently.  The violence was in the charts, but so was the beauty I've mentioned.  Again, though, this happens everyday around the world...that particular combination of aspects and not everyone dies then.  

What I'm trying to say, and probably not very well, is that in all likelihood you can do all kinds of charts; but the most you can get from them won't answer your question.  I believe that, as astrologers, if we are unable to find an aspect or "sign" in the chart, then it isn't astrology that has failed, but that the astrologer doesn't have enough knowledge about what to look for, or finding it doesn't understand what it means.  Since so very little has been written about this, and I have too little personal experience with it, I don't think Astrology is going to answer your question.

Consider that the basic question here is that you need to feel at peace with this thing that has happened to you and your brother.  It tortures you to think he was in pain or distress and you weren't around him to relieve it or help him through it.  May I suggest to you that grief takes a very long time to work through.  If I could answer each of your questions, it still would not help your grief.  It may help a little, but grief is a loss and since it seems like such a final and permanent loss to us, we truly never find any good answers or relief from its pain.  The best anyone can ever achieve with grief is to learn how to continue on ourselves with the knowledge and loss of that person absent from our lives.  For those people who I've loved the most, and those whose absence shook me to the core of my soul by their passing, I have had to learn -- like you will have to learn -- how to go on myself.  You will find peace in small increments, day by day, month by month.  The pain will become easier to bear, but it will never entirely leave you.

I think that is why so many find solace in spirituality.  We have to find some hope that all has not been lost, that we are not really going to have to be without our loved person forever, that sometime and in someway we can be reunited.  It helps to ease some of those crushing moments of loss and grief.  If you have such a belief, lean on it now.  

As for casting of a chart, I'd suggest doing a progression chart of the sun, neptune, venus and mars.  This is moving those planets ahead of their birth position one degree for each year of life.  You can use all the planets, but these are the ones that may show you some of your answers.  I would also suggest that you do the same for your natal chart.  Then do a composite chart of the new planetary positions for your brother's and your progression charts.    This will give you all of the dynamics between you and your brother to date.  It may "say" to you what he no longer can say.

Best Wishes.

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:15 pm

Heck.  I re-read this and realize I wasn't clear.  A progression will move the SUN ahead one degree for each year.  All the other planets will be in their position, as if the "birth" was one degree further, but Neptune won't move a full degree for each year, only the sun.  So, if your birth sign puts your sun at 2 degrees Aries, then in 30 years, the sun would be in 2 degrees Taurus, etc.  Some software that can do this for you is "What Watch?"  It can calculate the progressions, then do a composite of the two progression charts.  It can be downloaded in several places on the internet.

Return to “Horary Astrology”