Weight loss efforts - will they be successful?

Learn about this time related astrology technique for making predictions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Jayashree Ravi

Weight loss efforts - will they be successful?

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Namaste,

I am obese for quite a few years now... just 20 lbs shy of being 'morbidly obese' - and today, on the auspicious 'Thai Amavasya', I am starting my weight-loss journey - equipped with a well-known Appetite-suppressant prescribed by a doctor (insurance paid ;-) ) and with plans for a routine exercise.

Knowing 'prashna' to be a good tool for answering questions such as the one I have at the moment, "Will I be successful in losing 70 lbs?", I eagerly look forward to a Jyotishi taking up this question for me and providing me with insights gained from prashna chart!

Can anyone help?

My DOB in case it might be needed: Oct 31st, 1971, 2:35 PM, Chennai. (This time I am 100% sure of my birth time ;-) ).

Thank you in advance,

Pranam.
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Weight loss efforts - will they be successful?

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:11 am

Jayashree Ravi wrote:Namaste,

I am obese for quite a few years now... just 20 lbs shy of being 'morbidly obese' - and today, on the auspicious 'Thai Amavasya', I am starting my weight-loss journey - equipped with a well-known Appetite-suppressant prescribed by a doctor (insurance paid ;-) ) and with plans for a routine exercise.

Knowing 'prashna' to be a good tool for answering questions such as the one I have at the moment, "Will I be successful in losing 70 lbs?", I eagerly look forward to a Jyotishi taking up this question for me and providing me with insights gained from prashna chart!

Can anyone help?

My DOB in case it might be needed: Oct 31st, 1971, 2:35 PM, Chennai. (This time I am 100% sure of my birth time ;-) ).

Thank you in advance,

Pranam.

Hello,

Please mention the prashna time, date, month & year & place, so that the query can be transferred to the horary astrology forum.

Another detail needed would be to know if any of your parents had the problem of obesity.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Jayashree Ravi

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:50 am

Namaste Rishirahul ji,

First of all thank you for considering my query.

The problem had been from my maternal side of the family, my mother, late grandmother all had been obese.

Actually, I thought a prashna/horary meant that the astrologer would come upon a date/time/year for casting a query chart -- since I did not know it comes from the other way around, I have not noted down the above details when I posted my query here.

Is there any way this query can still be considered for horary?

Thank you,

Jayashree

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:57 pm

Jayashree Ravi wrote:Namaste Rishirahul ji,

First of all thank you for considering my query.

The problem had been from my maternal side of the family, my mother, late grandmother all had been obese.

Actually, I thought a prashna/horary meant that the astrologer would come upon a date/time/year for casting a query chart -- since I did not know it comes from the other way around, I have not noted down the above details when I posted my query here.

Is there any way this query can still be considered for horary?

Thank you,

Jayashree

Hello,

Horary requires the time the native (you) questioned, as That time is like the birth of the question.
This time contains the 'urge'.

The above is correct for Vedic & also western astrology.

I am aware that in K.P. system of horary, a number is given between 1 -249; and the astrologer uses the time when he starts analysing.

My experience= I found the questioners time to be safer & accurate, though I follow both systems.

What you can do now=At the top right hand side of your question post you will find the date, month, year & time mentioned.
You can let us know the time.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Jayashree Ravi

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:03 pm

Thank you, Rishirahul ji.

The date/time/year and place of the Query is:

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:16 pm, Natick, MA, 71 W 21, 42 N 17.

Warm regards,

Jayashree

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:15 pm

The name of the place? town/city

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Jayashree Ravi

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:33 pm

The name of the place is Natick (town) in Massachussetts, USA (71 W 21, 42 N 17).

Thank you.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:21 pm

Moved to horary astrology forum,

site moderator
RishiRahul.com

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:28 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance,

Pranam.

Hello,

Please mention the prashna time, date, month & year & place, so that the query can be transferred to the horary astrology forum.

Another detail needed would be to know if any of your parents had the problem of obesity.

RishiRahul
Jayashree Ravi wrote:Thank you, Rishirahul ji.

Warm regards,

Jayashree

The horary chart has moon in the 8th signifying query on health related; it is in own star & sani sub (signifying 2, 8, 9.5). Where 2 & 8 (health), 9(badhaksthan), 5 (leisure time).

So the question has genuine intent.
2012 sani transit on horary saturn, gl & Al affected personal image (desire for shedding weight due to whatever reason could habe begun from this year. Pls confirm.

The lagna lord Mercury in badhaksthan & 6th. lord Mars is inconjunt in rasi, but 117 degrees away from each other nearing the biquintile aspect of 144 degrees.
So though they are inconjunct, they are in biquintile.

Now since you have inherited this hereditary problem, it would be tough to fight this problem to a perfect solution, but as one says, practice can work wonders.

The horary aspects state that slight results can be expected, if done without harshness (inconjunct but biquintile).

The 2 mentioned planets had reached perfect biquintile about 2 & a half degrees back. This equals 2-3 weeks, months or years.

So Dec 2013; mid Jan 2014 should have been important for deciding to start.
Of course 2 years back (2012) was seen from other indications.

Result= only after Aug 2014 you will be sure how to proceed better on this with some changes.

More I cannot say through the limited tools.

RishiRahul

Jayashree Ravi

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:58 pm

I want to quickly post a thank you note for your effort, Rishirahul ji. Since I am going out, I will post a detailed reply upon returning back.

Warm regards,

jayashree

Jayashree Ravi

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:15 am

Deleted post due to disclosure of lot of personal info. Sorry :-)
Last edited by Jayashree Ravi on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jayashree Ravi

1 piece of information I missed answering.

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:52 pm

Rishirahul: 2012 sani transit on horary saturn, gl & Al affected personal image (desire for shedding weight due to whatever reason could habe begun from this year. Pls confirm.

Jayashree: Yes, the desire for shedding weight began just very recently - in the past few weeks. Although the self-image reason is there, the original triggering event to yearn for a weight loss was the self-diagnosis of Osteo-arthritis of left knee 6 months ago.

Jayashree Ravi

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:54 am

Rishi ji, pl. check your private messages - left you 1.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:50 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance,

Pranam.

Hello,

RishiRahul
Jayashree Ravi wrote:Thank you, Rishirahul ji.

Warm regards,

Jayashree

The horary chart has moon in the 8th signifying query on health related; it is in own star & sani sub (signifying 2, 8, 9.5). Where 2 & 8 (health), 9(badhaksthan), 5 (leisure time).

So the question has genuine intent.
2012 sani transit on horary saturn, gl & Al affected personal image (desire for shedding weight due to whatever reason could habe begun from this year. Pls confirm.

The lagna lord Mercury in badhaksthan & 6th. lord Mars is inconjunt in rasi, but 117 degrees away from each other nearing the biquintile aspect of 144 degrees.
So though they are inconjunct, they are in biquintile.

Now since you have inherited this hereditary problem, it would be tough to fight this problem to a perfect solution, but as one says, practice can work wonders.

The horary aspects state that slight results can be expected, if done without harshness (inconjunct but biquintile).

The 2 mentioned planets had reached perfect biquintile about 2 & a half degrees back. This equals 2-3 weeks, months or years.

So Dec 2013; mid Jan 2014 should have been important for deciding to start.
Of course 2 years back (2012) was seen from other indications.

Result= only after Aug 2014 you will be sure how to proceed better on this with some changes.

More I cannot say through the limited tools.

RishiRahul
Jayashree Ravi wrote:I want to quickly post a thank you note for your effort, Rishirahul ji. Since I am going out, I will post a detailed reply upon returning back.

Warm regards,

jayashree
Jayashree Ravi wrote:Rishirahul: 2012 sani transit on horary saturn, gl & Al affected personal image (desire for shedding weight due to whatever reason could habe begun from this year. Pls confirm.

Jayashree: Yes, the desire for shedding weight began just very recently - in the past few weeks. Although the self-image reason is there, the original triggering event to yearn for a weight loss was the self-diagnosis of Osteo-arthritis of left knee 6 months ago.
Hello,

Horary predictions can be off by some time, and the exact times mentioned may not be perfect as the time of question may not be entirely focused to the question.....the reason for the time differences.
Again there may be many starting point urges to the event.

I have said whatever is in my scope of knowledge in horary....just horary....and thank you for appreciating.....

Going out of horary,but remaining in astrology as a healthy departure, let me give an advice  to find out more about the action you are about to take for reducing weight.
Too much health Marketing has taken over nowadays, and there is no substitute for a health review to find out what is going/went wrong, given the present conditions; following natural methods are better before Sept 2014.

RishiRahul
RishiRahul.com

Jayashree Ravi

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:49 pm

RishiRahul wrote: Too much health Marketing has taken over nowadays, and there is no substitute for a health review to find out what is going/went wrong, given the present conditions; following natural methods are better before Sept 2014.

RishiRahul
I agree, Rishi ji. It is indeed lot of health marketing. However, I did try natural means of dieting + walking alone last year for 3 months and just lost 15 lbs after which I lost motivation and interest. So that's why the 'miracle pill'! I started it last Wednesday and so far lost 4.5 lbs! (I'm also walking 45min 4 - 5 times a week). The pill hasn't had any bad side-effect at all, touch wood!

In the original horary analysis you had stated some slight gain will be there if not using harsh means.. even if I just lose 1/2 of the total 80 I have to lose, that is a BIG DIFFERENCE! So I am hopeful. :)

Thank you for the advice.

Return to “Horary Astrology”