A ? about horary question (Prsn) for a reading...

Learn about this time related astrology technique for making predictions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

A ? about horary question (Prsn) for a reading...

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat May 16, 2015 5:45 pm

Dear experts and others,

Let us say a person asks a question on an international web. Generally, there is no web-standard for time-stamp of posting (birth epoch for the hoary question). Some sites adjust it for the readers's location, others not. So if a question is posted in India at 5:30 pm ist, it would show as 5:30p to an india-based reader, noon to a uk based reader and 7 A to a newyork based reader, etc. On other sites it would show as 5:30P to all three above readers.

On the web, many querents are serious and desperate, others are mildly curious, a few are sceptics or have a personal agenda, and hopefully a rare few only who are simply naughty or worse (!).

How do horary practitioners see that in the horary chart? After all as jung is claimed to have said, that which is born in the moment has the imprint/characteristic of the moment' or something similar in meaning!

Any actual personal experience into this, anyone? I am more interested in data and that devil known as details, as opposed to anecdotal stuff which leads us nowhere...!  :smt011
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: A ? about horary question (Prsn) for a reading...

Post by RishiRahul » Sat May 23, 2015 6:50 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:Dear experts and others,

Let us say a person asks a question on an international web. Generally, there is no web-standard for time-stamp of posting (birth epoch for the hoary question). Some sites adjust it for the readers's location, others not. So if a question is posted in India at 5:30 pm ist, it would show as 5:30p to an india-based reader, noon to a uk based reader and 7 A to a newyork based reader, etc. On other sites it would show as 5:30P to all three above readers.

On the web, many querents are serious and desperate, others are mildly curious, a few are sceptics or have a personal agenda, and hopefully a rare few only who are simply naughty or worse (!).

How do horary practitioners see that in the horary chart? After all as jung is claimed to have said, that which is born in the moment has the imprint/characteristic of the moment' or something similar in meaning!

Any actual personal experience into this, anyone? I am more interested in data and that devil known as details, as opposed to anecdotal stuff which leads us nowhere...!  :smt011

I do not have any data to share, but my personal experiences (data, I do not remember).

Rishi
RishiRahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon May 25, 2015 7:54 pm

RishiRahul wrote:

I do not have any data to share, but my personal experiences (data, I do not remember).

Rishi
Well, as moderator-admin. you might know the factual answer to the blue text! About the time-stamp used by Mystic Board? ;-)

What is it...?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon May 25, 2015 11:30 pm

Well, as moderator-admin. you might know the factual answer to the blue text! About the time-stamp used by Mystic Board?
The timezone setting in the person's profile determines what time will be displayed against each posting which they make, or what time will be displayed in another member's posting.

http://mysticboard.org/pr ... ditprofile

Adelaide, South Australia is GMT + 9.5 hours, so the times that I see against any posting are adjusted according to my location, and are completely independent of the location and time zone of the other person whose post it is.

Therefore whether the reader is in India, the UK or New York it is only that particular member's location which determines the time stamp on all postings.

When you are using internet forums to give readings you are not working in real time, as you would be in the case of a text or voice chat room.

When a person gives their time of birth for a horary astrology reading it is according to their time zone or location, and not the reader's.

EoT  :smt015
Attachments
Clipboard02x.jpg
Clipboard02x.jpg (20.25 KiB) Viewed 6309 times

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue May 26, 2015 12:52 am

Thanks, EoT!

So just to make sure I got this right:
If a New Yorker posts a request for reading at 1 PM EST from New York, USA, it will show up as having been posted at 1:00 PM to a reader in New York, but 11:30 PM IST in Delhi whenever they read that message.

Assuming that the requestor's location in his profile is specified as New York.

This is useful to know for horary requests.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue May 26, 2015 1:13 am

If a New Yorker posts a request for reading at noon from New York, USA, it will show up as having been posted at noon to a reader in New York, Delhi or Adelaide whenever they read that message.
No that is not right.

If a New Yorker posts a request for a reading at noon from New York, USA it will only show up as having been posted at noon to a reader who is also in New York (or in the east coast time zone of the USA).

New York is currently 9.5 hours behind Delhi's time so a reader in Delhi would see the posting time instead as 9.30 pm on the night of the same day.

New York is currently 13.5 hours behind Adelaide's time so a reader in Adelaide would see the posting time instead as 1.30 on the morning of the following day.

The only way to get around all this confusion would be for sites to display all their times in GMT.

Then all of us would need another clock, set to GMT (24 hour time format).

It is the time zone, and not the location in the profile which determines the time displayed.

EoT

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue May 26, 2015 2:19 am

eye_of_tiger wrote:
If a New Yorker posts a request for reading at noon from New York, USA, it will show up as having been posted at noon to a reader in New York, Delhi or Adelaide whenever they read that message.
No that is not right.

If a New Yorker posts a request for a reading at noon from New York, USA it will only show up as having been posted at noon to a reader who is also in New York (or in the east coast time zone of the USA).

New York is currently 9.5 hours behind Delhi's time so a reader in Delhi would see the posting time instead as 9.30 pm on the night of the same day.

New York is currently 13.5 hours behind Adelaide's time so a reader in Adelaide would see the posting time instead as 1.30 on the morning of the following day.

The only way to get around all this confusion would be for sites to display all their times in GMT.

Then all of us would need another clock, set to GMT (24 hour time format).

It is the time zone, and not the location in the profile which determines the time displayed.

EoT
I edited my posting to get around the confusion created by the standard time-DST issue after I had first posted (to which original message you replied) :-\

Also I did a little proactive experiment :-D

I am in Eastern zone (now EDT) and had posted my message at 19:52hrs (NY time-EDT now).

Then I logged out and as a 'guest' I saw the time stamp as 00.52 hrs which would be expected based on the forum default of GMT.
When I logged in with my profile, the time stamp was back to 19:52. Just as expected.

And when I earlier wrote 'location', I meant time zone of location specified in the profile.

Demystified!!  :smt005

Thanks again!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed May 27, 2015 12:43 am

I simply Google the time difference between the two cities being asked about, which includes whether or not daylight saving time is currently operating in that location.

EoT  :smt004

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed May 27, 2015 2:02 am

eye_of_tiger wrote:I simply Google the time difference between the two cities being asked about, which includes whether or not daylight saving time is currently operating in that location.

EoT  :smt004
That was not a problem since my astro software has a good atlas and time-changes routine built-in.

My reason had a more applied angle for horary astrology. :-)
The time of posting of a query request has value for me.
However it is of value only if I know the time zone actually in the poster's profile. This is not available to member-astrologers other than assuming that the location/s specified by the individual, which could be inaccurate since the person might have moved or travelling when the query-request got posted.

If reading requestors noted down (in their request messages) the actual location and time of posting, then astrologer would not have to second guess and work from the time-stamp and location showing as Chicago which might be where they live or lived when they created their profile years earlier. ;-)

One can, if especially moved to help, ask the individual but that adds more steps in the process, etc.

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed May 27, 2015 11:40 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Rishi
Well, as moderator-admin. you might know the factual answer to the blue text! About the time-stamp used by Mystic Board? ;-)

What is it...?
I have no clue on the factual time-stamp used by MB or other forums; whatever it is, is confusing to depend upon for Horary; for which I mentioned that I can only mention my personal experience on the time used for horary.

Hope this helps, Dada,

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed May 27, 2015 11:57 am

RishiRahul wrote: ...
I have no clue on the factual time-stamp used by MB or other forums; whatever it is, is confusing to depend upon for Horary; for which I mentioned that I can only mention my personal experience on the time used for horary.
Hence my suggestion:
If reading requestors noted down (in their request messages) the actual location and time of posting, then astrologer would not have to second guess and work from the time-stamp and location showing as Chicago which might be where they live or lived when they created their profile years earlier.  

One can, if especially moved to help, ask the individual but that adds more steps in the process, etc. There is, of course, plan B, as described by Krisnamurti but the 'method' is weaker or rather depends on the motivation etc of the internet astrologer. It works better in face-to-face, one-on-one...

ADDendum:
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 841#337841

Actually just now noted that current place and time of posting of request are clearly mentioned in the directive set out by the forum, but not followed by reading-seekers! Not much one can do about that :-(
Last edited by Rohiniranjan on Sun May 31, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed May 27, 2015 12:26 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Hence my suggestion:
If reading requestors noted down (in their request messages) the actual location and time of posting, then astrologer would not have to second guess and work from the time-stamp and location showing as Chicago which might be where they live or lived when they created their profile years earlier.  

One can, if especially moved to help, ask the individual but that adds more steps in the process, etc. There is, of course, plan B, as described by Krisnamurti but the 'method' is weaker or rather depends on the motivation etc of the internet astrologer. It works better in face-to-face, one-on-one...

I am aware of the Krishnamurthy thing; weaker or not depends upon ones experience.

If you desire I can share mine for both; also ultimately what I arrived at....personal experience again.

Rishi
RishiRahul.com

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed May 27, 2015 2:02 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Hence my suggestion:

I am aware of the Krishnamurthy thing; weaker or not depends upon ones experience.

If you desire I can share mine for both; also ultimately what I arrived at....personal experience again.

Rishi
If you (or anyone really) has something valuable to share, he urge and desire arises from within.

When the jug is full, it overflows by itself -- never because it thinks that there is a cup near it! <LOL>

I call it the Cosmic Law of gradients!!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Horary Astrology”