Migraines in children----

The best place to discuss anything to do with homeopathy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

3grlzmom

Migraines in children----

Post by 3grlzmom » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:42 pm

My 9 year old daughter suffers from migraines.  Is there anything that can be suggested for her?

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:45 am

As she is only 9 and she is having migranes which are uncommon for children there really is not a huge option than to first ensure there is nothing  medically wrong.
Children especially girls I have found are able to make themselves so wound up and nervous that they will give themselves headaches.  Are they headaches or migranes are you aware of the subtle differences.  Does she have a thick bound around her head, sensitivity to light, displeasure at noises, vomiting.  

If the panadol etc is not helping there is a little prac that can be done to ease any discomfort.  In a darkened room sitting in a chair or the side of a bed have your daughter put her feet into a bowl of warm to hot water (VERY important it can not be hotter than she can stand...let her judge it) Then place a cool towel or ice pack on the back of her kneck and around her forehead.  this encourages the blood to pool around her feet more and it is helping to stop the swelling at the head area using ice packs so that the blood thats pulsating around causing the pain is decreased.

As she is nine though if your not aware of whats causing it have a chat with her incase she is worried about someting then see a doc if your unable to identify and treat cause.

dlm61

sugar

Post by dlm61 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:55 am

I am not sure if this is true, but somebody recently told me that when children consume a lot of sugar it sometimes causes bad headaches.  My son is prone to bad headaches and borderline migraines about once per week and I am wondering if it is related to drinking soda pop and eating candy.  He doesn't live on this stuff but does drink a few cans of soda a day and the candy just turns up from all over the place.  I am thinking about having him cut back just to see if there is much of a difference in the headache problem ...

Return to “Homeopathy”