Is There Any Self Help Home Treatment for Eczema?

The best place to discuss anything to do with homeopathy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

luvmeeh2x

Is There Any Self Help Home Treatment for Eczema?

Post by luvmeeh2x » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:00 am

I was wondering if anyone has any self help treatment for Eczema.I have it all on my lower face and it is severe. I have tried all over the counter meds and also what my Dr. has prescribed but NOTHING has worked and I am in sooo much pain with this it makes me feel like I am so hideous. I don't go outside anymore due to this condition. My face is always bumpy, red and scabbed up.SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

cornishrex_rules

Post by cornishrex_rules » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:36 am

I would be very interested in what response you get as I also have eczema but on my hands foot and shins.

I make up a cream of base cream, drops of tea tree oil, and drops of lavendar oil. But I need more accurate quantities of the oils and I think I need to change my base cream to a more natural one.

The one I use is not 100% free of bad stuff. It is Aquas Cream the white base cream that is used apparently in 90% of most creams.

My cream does certainly help me but as I said I do not have the mix 100% correct.
The cat was here.

cornishrex_rules

Post by cornishrex_rules » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:33 pm

I hope someone sees this more for you luvmeeh but also for my cream.
The cat was here.

macarena

Post by macarena » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:37 am

A friend of mine has eczema and she uses a medicine called beta.  I’m really sorry for you …..Don’t worry your itching problem as well as inflammation will cease with this medicine.  But before using it I will advise you to ask your doctor or a pharmacist about it….perhaps you are allergy to it.

chiongguo

Re: Is There Any Self Help Home Treatment for Eczema?

Post by chiongguo » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:43 pm

luvmeeh2x wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has any self help treatment for Eczema.I have it all on my lower face and it is severe. I have tried all over the counter meds and also what my Dr. has prescribed but NOTHING has worked and I am in sooo much pain with this it makes me feel like I am so hideous. I don't go outside anymore due to this condition. My face is always bumpy, red and scabbed up.SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!
   The following therapeutics are taken from the Illustrated guide to Homoeopathic Treatment.  It's an excellent book using the therapeutic approach. This approach allows us to zoom in on a few remedies that may be useful but the selection of the one that works has to be carefully evaluated.

As for the skin condition I have seen how some homoeopathic masters had used home-made cream to help the effects of the internal remedy. For example if a person is taking Sulphur 200C and to help the skin work a bit better Sulphur 6C or 6X is used externally in the form of a cream. The cream can be made with paraffin wax or one of those acqueous base cream. Just drop a few drops of sulphur 6x together with calendula. Calendula is great for the skin. Some homeopaths frown on anything external but the external sulphur 6x is only helping the internal sulphur 200C. If one is taking phosphorus then use phosphorus at 6C etc.   Virgin coconut oil is also an excellent base but it could be expensive.

Here are the therapeutics fo Eczema

ECZEMA

ACIDUM SULPH.
Livid, red, itching blotches and eczema. Relieves itching. Eczema due to staphylococci and streptococci infection.

AETHIOPS
ANTIMONIALIS 3X

Crusted ringworm like scrofulous eruptions - painful, irritating and scabby.

ALUMINA        
Dry, irritating eczema.

ANTIMONIUM CRUD.
Eczema of the face, genitals and anus. Severe continuous itching.  Eczema with gastric troubles. Burning is worse at night.

ANTHRACINUM
Boils and boil like eruptions. Black and blue blisters. Foul secretions. Burning.

ARSENICUM ALB.
Eczema with burning and rest lessness. Itching produces burning,worse cold and cold applications. Eczema between
fingers and cracks on the tips of the fingers. Best normally for chronic eczema if there is great burning and itching. Eczema of vulva.

ARSENICUM IOD. 3X
Eczema of the beard with oozing of watery discharge. Itching
worse by washing. Dry scaly itching.

BACILLINUM 200
Ringworm. Eczema of eyelids.

BERBERIS VULG.
Eczema of hands and anus. Circumscribed pigmentation
following cure of eczema.

BORAX
Itching on the back of the finger joints with loss of nails.

CHRYSAROBINUM 6
Vesicular eruptions associated with a foul smelling discharge and crust formation. Violent itching of thighs, legs and ears. Dry scaly eruption. Locally and externally 10 drops in vaseline should be applied gently and not rubbed. Eczema behind ears.

CICUTA VIR. 200
Eczema on the chin of the male. Eczema of scalp.Whole head is covered with eczema as with a cap.

CLEMATIS ERECTA
Pustular eczema. Vesicles with watery secretion followed by formation of scales and crust. Inflammation increasing with the increasing moon and decreases with the decreasing moon.

CROTON TIG.
Eczema of the face, genitals and testes.It relieves itching of all eczema's permanently and rapidly. Eczema of whole body and
of vulva.

GRAPHITES 200
Eczema of palms, hands and around the anus. Weeping eczema. Sticky fluid comes out on scratching. Eczema of the eyelids, face, genitals and anus. Cracks in the skin. Moist scabby eruption on the scalp, face, bends of joints, between fingers and behind ears.

GUNPOWDER 3X
Where other remedies are hard to decide, give it in chronic eczema's, 3 doses a day till cured.

HEPAR SULPHURIS
Moist eczema-with itching in the folds of the skin. After scratching, pimples form on the skin. Eczema is worse during cold dry winds and better in damp, rainy weather and by warmth. Eczema of genitals and scrotum.

HYDRASTIS
Crusty burning eczema on the neck. Eruptions like smallpox - lupus.

HYPERICUM PERF
Eczema of hands and face with intense itching. Herpes zoster.

JUGLANS C.
Pustular eczema on the lower extremities, sacrum and hands with redness of the skin. Smallpox like eruptions on the skin.

KALIUM BICH.
Eczema of the scalp with thick heavy crusts - which ooze a yellow, thick, gluey liquid.

KALIUM MUR.
Moist eczema. It is especially use ful in chronic and obstinate forms of eczema. Vesicles contain a thick white content. Eczema of face and head of children.

LACHESIS 200
It is of great value when a slightest touch, even when the touch of cloth causes maddening irritation of eczema. If the affected skin has bluish purplish appearence, this remedy is sure to help.

LEDUM PAL.
Eczema of face and cheeks.Skin is red in color, and is worse scratching and at night.Putting feet in cold water gives relief.

LYCOPODIUM 200
Eczema with violent itching and fissured eruptions. Skin becomes thick. Such patients usually have digestive and urinary troubles. Dry eczema or psorasis of palms.

MANGANUM ACET.
Chronic eczema worse during menstruation or menopause. Itching better by scratching and worse in wet and cold or changing weather.

MERCURIUS SOL.
Weeping eczema in the bend of knees and elbows - vesicular and pustular eruptions. Itching worse from the warmth of bed. Eczema of the head of children with yellowish-brown crusts.

MEZEREUM
Eczema on the hairy parts with intolerable itching. Head covered with thick leather like crusts with pus underneath. Hair becomes glued together. Bad smell from crusts and pus. Eruptions ulcerate and form thick scabs, oozing fetid.

NATRIUM MUR.
Crust eczema eruptions on the margins of hair. Eczema behind
the ears. Eczema in hair follicles. Eczema with thick scales, oozing pus.

OLEANDER
Eczema of the scalp.

PETROLEUM
Has yellowish-green thick crusts on the face and neck. On scratching a liquid comes out and often blood. Eczema disappearing in summer and reappearing in winter. Eczema with fissures on hands and behind the ears. The discharge is watery.It is specially suitable for eczema behind the ears.

PHOSPHORUS,
SEPIA

Eczema on lips. Apply Capsicum Q on the eczema parts once
a day. It cures.

PSORINUM
Crusty, scaling, dry eczema of the scalp and face. Hair falls out. Terrible itching worse from the warmth of the bed. Oily skin. Eczema behind the ears and bends of joints with fetid discharge.

RANUNCULUS BULB.
Bluish eruptions and vesicles with burning and intense itching. Eczema on palms.

RHUS TOX. 200
Eczema, blister like with a lot of itching. Restlessness. When blisters disappear, the skin becomes red. Offensive secretion. Burning. Worse winter and damp weather. Eczema of whole body and of vulva.

SCROPHULARIA
Eczema of the ear.

NODOSA Q,
SELENIUM MET.

Vesicular eruptions between fingers. Itching about finger joints and between fingers. Itching of palms, ankles and folds of skin.

SEPIA
Eczema in circular spots at isolated places. Ringworm. Worse in bends of elbows and knees and in spring weather.

SKOOKUM CHUCK 3X
An antipsoric remedy. Obstinate eczema of dry skin.

STAPHYSAGRIA
Eczema of head, ears, face and body. Thick scales, dry and itch violently. Scratching changes location of the itching.

STREPTOCOCCINUM 1M
Repeated appearance of the eczema after cure. Scratching gives pleasure.

SULPHUR
Dry rough skin. Much itching. Eczema in the folds of skin.
Eczema of the hairy parts. Pruritis, worse washing. Bad odor from the body. Eczema caused by the use of hair dyes.

THUJA OCC.
Simple, acute,general or local eczema in psychotic patients. Eczema after suppression of gonorrhea or as an effect of vaccination. Eruptions only on the covered parts which are very sensitive to touch.

TUBERCULINUM 1M
Chronic eczema of the whole body. Severe itching at night.

URTICA URENS 3X
Recent eczema on the back of hands. Burning of skin.

NOTE : The patient should be adviced :
1. To reduce the number of baths.Excessive bathing and hot water actually removes moisture from the skin making it dry.

2. To avoid strong soaps,solvents or other products and while handling detergents,to wear rubber gloves.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:03 am

hi,
my dad suffers frm eczema and homeopathy has worked for him. let me ask him and get back to u.

jld

Post by jld » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:30 am

You should try rose hip seed oil. I think it's amazing :)

Astroameya

Post by Astroameya » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:57 am

Please get yourself checked for Thyroid.

If there is thyroid, it is not Eczema - it would be psoraises

Eczema, you may get itching, use anti-allergy tab one a day, so that your nails should induce infection.

For Eczema, GRAPHITES is normally given.

I suggest to consult Homeopath Dr. Mallikarjuna Rao, Hyderabad.

SK

Return to “Homeopathy”