1 Cure, then I'll belive Homeopathy exists, let alone works

The best place to discuss anything to do with homeopathy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

commonsense

1 Cure, then I'll belive Homeopathy exists, let alone works

Post by commonsense » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:34 am

So i've taken Homeopathic remedies..
Hundreds of them, in pill form and liquid..

They have all done absolutely nothing....
I've read the peer reviewed meta analysis..
Tells me that there is no evidence Homeopathy works

so...

can you tell me otherwise? why i should believe?
Can Homeopathy cure anything? Has it ever cured anything?

either you will reply, or the forum moderator will remove this post because the belief in Homeopathy is so fragile, any challenge to its legitimacy is too hard to deal with...

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:19 pm

Why should I remove it....you have a stand....you say that homeopathic remedies don't work for YOU...and non can say otherwise....because they are not YOU.

Homeopathy have been around for a long time, something it helps for...other thing no that much.

We humans are unique...a homeopathic product for you, which might help you, will for the same illness maybe not have the same effect on another.

If we believe in healing, then we might see healing, if we deny healing, we might prevent good effect taking place.

We have many different Religions, all have a different God, but even so,  we must know that there can be only one God, the belief in itself makes wonders, and helps billions of people around the word...and even so...I don't believe in any of the Religions Gods, but more in the creating force, that is present in every living soul, we are all just ENERGIES, it is important that we keep an equilibrium in body and soul, and that can be achieved in many ways, homeopathy might be one of them..Religion another......but I would go to one that had Education in the subject, at least we have started to have a thorough education on the subject, in my home Country :)

StormGirl Blue

Post by StormGirl Blue » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:47 pm

I am not an expert in Homeopathic remedies myself.. but I have used many from time to time with exceptional results.. Ive also used others for no results.

many of todays medicines are in fact derivatives or synthetics of natural ingredients.

Imagine someone suggesting that we may fight infection with the mold of an orange 100 years ago.. but yes.. today we have medicine that began life in a moldy orange.
and hey, that amazing pain relief morphine started life as a poppy, an innocent looking flower..

In fact many mainstream medicines today have a natural predecessor.

On saying that.. I would not lay my life on the line should I have cancer by turning my back on mainstream treatment. but I would probably look for natural alternatives to use for other ailments..

I swear by emu oil for muscular and skin conditions.. I love the stuff..

enumero123

Post by enumero123 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:47 pm

i too question some homepathic methods   in my view there is a difference between homepathic and natural medicine  ALL KNOWN DRUGS ON THE MARKET ARE DEVIRED FROM PLANT ANIMAL OR MINERAL/CHEMICAL ELEMENTS  .WE ARE WHAT WE EAT  

1>(Homeopathic remedies) are prepared by serial dilution with shaking by forceful striking, which homeopaths term succussion, after each dilution under the assumption that this increases the effect. Homeopaths call this process potentization. Dilution often continues until none of the original substance remains.

Depending on the dilution, homeopathic remedies may not contain any pharmacologically active molecules,[23] and for such remedies to have pharmacological effect would violate fundamental principles of science..

Modern homeopaths have proposed that water has a memory that allows homeopathic preparations to work without any of the original substance; however, there are no verified observations nor scientifically plausible physical mechanisms for such a phenomenon. EXAMPLE :BACH FLOWER REMEDIES

2>In Western culture, the controversial term alternative medicine is any healing practice "that does not fall within the realm of conventional medicine",[1] or "that which has not been shown consistently to be effective."[2] It is often opposed to evidence based medicine and encompasses therapies with a historical or cultural, rather than a scientific, basis. However, the term alternative medicine has been criticized by those skeptical of such practices as deceptive.[3] Richard Dawkins has stated that "there is no alternative medicine. There is only medicine that works and medicine that doesn't work."[4]

enumero123

Post by enumero123 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:53 pm

THERE ARE SOME HERBS/PLANTS THAT WORK VERY WELL FOR SOME ILLNESS  EXAMPLE :TEA TREE OIL , WHITE WILLOW BARK/ASPIRIN,PEPPER MINT, GINGER ROOT, JUST TO NAME A FEW ,

Charlesman

Post by Charlesman » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:04 pm

As someone who doesn't really know much about the specifics of either types of medicine, I can simply present my general perception:

Homeopathic treatment includes a psychological element whereas traditional western medicine seems purely psychiatrical. As an example, the placebo effect is not acknowledged by western medicine, which is simply based on an erronous assumption in my opinion; that the medicine can at all be isolated from the treatment in terms of determining effectiveness.

Healing as well as illness always starts in your brain - the body obeys the brain - which makes sense considering that our cells are constantly dying and regenerating and that our physical body is actually entirely replaced many times throughout our lives whereas our memories remain. I think this constantly evolving "new me" is based on our current self-image and the more doubts we can remove the more belief we can invest. The more belief we invest in our chosen self-image, the faster we will become it.
The faster we become it, the faster we can reach for one that is better.

In terms of healing, what is relevant is of course the belief that the treatment is working and that the body is healthy and healing.

All we truly need is within us and belief is a very powerful - and essential - tool if one wishes to succeed in anything from avoiding or curing cancer and other diseases to finishing that project or winning that golden medal.

That's my take on it and I completely agree with the quote above - it either works or it does not.
☼

stalin.v

Post by stalin.v » Wed May 08, 2013 7:08 am

Hello common sense,

show me one failure case in homoeopathy. Same way i will demonstrate you how homoeopathy works even in critical cases.

Return to “Homeopathy”