Spinal Stenosis

The best place to discuss anything to do with homeopathy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Tamriel

Spinal Stenosis

Post by Tamriel » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:09 pm

I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis  in 2010. I have my good days and bad days. Seems that the past 2 months I have had more bad than good. I take medication for pain and muscle spasms, but would like to get away from taking lots of medication all the time. What would help with pain and muscle spasms?

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:48 am

Tamriel,

Especially if your pain medication was prescribed by your doctor and/or the condition is as serious and painful (and potentially paralyzing) as I have read that it can be in some extreme cases, homeopathic remedies are probably never going to be enough by themselves to give you an acceptable level of pain control.

Muscle spasms can be painful enough by themselves?

The best that I feel that you can hope for is to be able to eventually reduce the dosage and frequency of your pain medication, but withdrawing it completely especially without your treating doctor's knowledge or supervision could potentially be disastrous.

Consult a reputable homeopathic practitioner in your local area about your situation, as he or she needs to do a full analysis and testing of your hair, nails and body fluids, before being able to professionally recommend a suitable remedy.

This must be done in full knowledge of the seriousness of your condition as well as the medications (both prescribed and OTC) which you are taking at the same time as the homeopathic remedy.

If a homeopath tells you to stop all of your current medication and that you must then totally replace them with their remedies, get out of there fast.

You would be very fortunate indeed to find a qualified doctor who is also a qualified homeopath. Amateurs giving you such advice over the web without having your full medical profile could I believe do you much more damage than good.

Please be careful.

EoT

Return to “Homeopathy”