Planetary combinations for Beauty

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Kavita12345

Post by Kavita12345 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:22 am

Hello,
 I would like to add, that one of the most gorgeous men i know has both saturn and mars in 1st house. Maybe saturn is associated with good looks....i mean this guy could give any actor a run for his money. So maybe saturn for men...and venus for woman...!!!

Pravin Kumar

Hello

Post by Pravin Kumar » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:48 am

Sureshji,

If you feel that there is something wrong in your planetary combination in the chart then I will tell you one true incident. I met a Sanyasin in North East at Kamakhya. She was then 40. When I saw her I was dumb struck to see her simple natural beauty. She talked like an innocent child. Her clothes were like those worn by Sanyasin and she would make all the ladies in Miss World and Miss Universe look second rate.

Her beauty was inner beauty. We clean our body from outside while taking a bath. She had cleaned her Soul from inside and when the Soul is clean no matter planet is there in the first house you look absolutely beauty and that is natural beauty like that of a child. All children when born and young look beautiful whether they be of rich or poor people. Why? If you are like a child you will always remain beautiful/handsome.

Pravin Kumar

Pravin Kumar

Saturn and Mars in first house

Post by Pravin Kumar » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:54 am

Aashna Bete,

Mars in first house will be Manglik but Saturn will give that preson wisdom to adjust. Again I am no astrologer and only what I have learnt from two senior astrologers I am stating. Saturn in first house, unless in its own house, will make the person suspicious and get more in return and give less. My astrologer rejected quite a few girls (for my son ) having Saturn in first house because he said that it indicates that.

Well if that person looks gorgeous to you then it may mean that the person has inner beauty.

Pravin Kumar

P.S. Please No arguments with any astrologer on the above as my knowledge is superficial.

Kavita12345

Post by Kavita12345 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:19 am

Yes Pravinji, he is manglik...but being leo ascendent, his mangal dosha is cancelled out....all i was pointing out was that maybe saturn may have somethin to do with good looks...becus this guy is so stunning and him being golden-hearted, also plays a part in it:) So ya ur right...he is beautiful inside as well.
 A clean and pure heart would give radiance to any face:)

srsmanian

BEAUTY OR BEAST?

Post by srsmanian » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:19 pm

Iam not going to escape by saying beauty is in the beholder's eye!But, we all know that the 'kala purush' representing head as Aries upto foot as Pisces represents the different anatomy of human form as well as the character,possible ailments, deformity to a particular part of the body. Then is it not correct to study the chart with whole perspective rather than attributing beauty to only some houses & planets? Besides,  Moon represents mind, lagna the character, then there is  Atma Karaka for every chart giving insight to the individuals capacity.For example, if Tauras  represents the face, the 2nd house from lagna represents 'vakya' or speech. Even I have a better face than Schwaznegar's, but he is not hailed as a hero for his facial beauty!  For me Swamy Vivekananda is the most handsome man which few will dipute. Even if you can manage to put all the  astrological data, and cook a magic potion for "Beauty Formula"I am afraid some  smart Alec will spot an Achilles heel & pick  holes!! But in general, Jupiter represents righteousness& spiritualism , Mars- courage, leadership, Sun - managerial skills, traits inheried from father & his lineage Moon- emotional balance, traits inherited from mother& her lineage Mercury- Intelligence, business skills, traits inherited from maternal uncle, Veus- Artistic skill, glamour, finer feelings, Rahu-saturn,Ketu- Renouncements, cunningness,basic instincts, perversions. Rahu- paternal gandpa & Ketu- maternal grandpa.

Rohiniranjan

Re: Hello

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:25 am

Pravin ji,

I have never met the spiritual beauty queen that you have, but your message struck a chord!

When other 'lesser' beauty queens win the Miss India or Miss Universe or whatever, I have often wondered if at the moment of their winning they touch the same spot even if for a moment: The Moment of Their Victory -- which the Spiritual Beauty Queen you described was living and realizing every single moment of her existence?

Your Spiritual Beauty Queen was not trying to win competitions, but just Being Blessed Be! The Beauty Queens in the physical realm were being trained to act the part, and the few or rare ones that managed to win the crown just happened to connect to their SOUL at the moment of victory!

Does this make sense?

RR

[quote="Pravin Kumar"][b][size=18][/size][color=blue][/color]

Sureshji,

If you feel that there is something wrong in your planetary combination in the chart then I will tell you one true incident. I met a Sanyasin in North East at Kamakhya. She was then 40. When I saw her I was dumb struck to see her simple natural beauty. She talked like an innocent child. Her clothes were like those worn by Sanyasin and she would make all the ladies in Miss World and Miss Universe look second rate.

Her beauty was inner beauty. We clean our body from outside while taking a bath. She had cleaned her Soul from inside and when the Soul is clean no matter planet is there in the first house you look absolutely beauty and that is natural beauty like that of a child. All children when born and young look beautiful whether they be of rich or poor people. Why? If you are like a child you will always remain beautiful/handsome.

Pravin Kumar[/b][/quote]

Rohiniranjan

Re: BEAUTY OR BEAST?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:37 am

Dear srsmanian,

It is not an 'escape' but the very reality of looking down and seeing our feet touching the ground we stand upon!

Most, if not all mothers claim that there child is the most beautiful/handsone etc! Proof of the pudding insofaras Beauty in the eye of the beholder, is concerned!

Many years ago, I had read a treatise that illustrated how 'facial' beauty was really about facial symmetry! Symmetrical faces were observed and accepted as being beautiful. Mind you, though, that faces with assymatry were not hideous but in some cases even considered attractive, charming and so on...

Holly/Bollywood are full of examples of all those!

Often in recent *hasty* postings on this topic, beauty and attractiveness get confused and confounded!

Saturn with its incisive and precise demands, if we rely on, shall get us back on track to beauty!

RR

[quote="srsmanian"]Iam not going to escape by saying beauty is in the beholder's eye!But, we all know that the 'kala purush' representing head as Aries upto foot as Pisces represents the different anatomy of human form as well as the character,possible ailments, deformity to a particular part of the body. Then is it not correct to study the chart with whole perspective rather than attributing beauty to only some houses & planets? Besides,  Moon represents mind, lagna the character, then there is  Atma Karaka for every chart giving insight to the individuals capacity.For example, if Tauras  represents the face, the 2nd house from lagna represents 'vakya' or speech. Even I have a better face than Schwaznegar's, but he is not hailed as a hero for his facial beauty!  For me Swamy Vivekananda is the most handsome man which few will dipute. Even if you can manage to put all the  astrological data, and cook a magic potion for "Beauty Formula"I am afraid some  smart Alec will spot an Achilles heel & pick  holes!! But in general, Jupiter represents righteousness& spiritualism , Mars- courage, leadership, Sun - managerial skills, traits inheried from father & his lineage Moon- emotional balance, traits inherited from mother& her lineage Mercury- Intelligence, business skills, traits inherited from maternal uncle, Veus- Artistic skill, glamour, finer feelings, Rahu-saturn,Ketu- Renouncements, cunningness,basic instincts, perversions. Rahu- paternal gandpa & Ketu- maternal grandpa.[/quote]

siva

Beauty

Post by siva » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:49 am

From the analysis of various charts of my friends and colleagues, I have observed the following:

A person will be beautiful if:

1. He is of Virgo ascendant or Virgo moon(without malefics present).
2. 2nd lord is in own sign, exalted. (exalted gives more beauty)
3. Rahu in Lagna or seventh.

Siva.

Aiyu

Re: Beauty

Post by Aiyu » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:07 pm

siva wrote:From the analysis of various charts of my friends and colleagues, I have observed the following:

Siva.
It's interesting that you mentioned Virgo lagna/moon, coz I happen to have come across a large number of attractive people having such lagnas/moons, regardless of other malefics occupying Virgo as well.

Take my brother for example: he has presence of mars & saturn in lagna in Virgo. Presence of lord of the 6th house afflicted him with acne and other skin ailments, and yet his facial features (nose eyes etc.) are actually handsome. Incidentally, he was born with fair complexion.

And I agree about the 2nd house/house lord needing to be strong, coz such persons would usually be blessed with attractive eyes. I'm very particular when judging people's faces, and I've learned that even if a person has a deformed nose cheeks mouth etc. if that person has beautiful eyes, then people would still call that person as being generally attractive.

Regarding rahu being in lagna/7th, I feel that the attraction that lies there is not so much about "physical beauty" as it actually is "charisma". And you don't need to be physically beautiful to ooze charisma :)

Any other thoughts on this topic?

siva

Re: Beauty

Post by siva » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:31 am

What you said about rahu is true. Rahu gives the 'come hither' look to the person :), even he/she is not that beautiful as per normal standards. The person will have a kinda magnetic charm.

Let beautiful people in the forum speak about the combinations in their chart!

Siva
Aiyu wrote:
siva wrote:From the analysis of various charts of my friends and colleagues, I have observed the following:

Siva.
It's interesting that you mentioned Virgo lagna/moon, coz I happen to have come across a large number of attractive people having such lagnas/moons, regardless of other malefics occupying Virgo as well.

Take my brother for example: he has presence of mars & saturn in lagna in Virgo. Presence of lord of the 6th house afflicted him with acne and other skin ailments, and yet his facial features (nose eyes etc.) are actually handsome. Incidentally, he was born with fair complexion.

And I agree about the 2nd house/house lord needing to be strong, coz such persons would usually be blessed with attractive eyes. I'm very particular when judging people's faces, and I've learned that even if a person has a deformed nose cheeks mouth etc. if that person has beautiful eyes, then people would still call that person as being generally attractive.

Regarding rahu being in lagna/7th, I feel that the attraction that lies there is not so much about "physical beauty" as it actually is "charisma". And you don't need to be physically beautiful to ooze charisma :)

Any other thoughts on this topic?

shrihari

planetary combinations for beauty

Post by shrihari » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:19 pm

Yes I quite agree. The lagna is important and also the Navamsa lagna. Sometimes the navamsa lagna has an ugra graham and the the person becomes ugly. But we need to study many charts

beebee

Post by beebee » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:25 am

rohiniranjan wrote: Many years ago, I had read a treatise that illustrated how 'facial' beauty was really about facial symmetry! Symmetrical faces were observed and accepted as being beautiful. Mind you, though, that faces with assymatry were not hideous but in some cases even considered attractive, charming and so on..
rishi, it varies from country to aother. india and theird-world contries equate 'fair' with beauty, whil west give importnace to shape, not color. so beauty is defined diffretly bvy dif. cultures and ethnicities, attitude of west more mature in this case than idnians/chinese/theird=worlders, who cnsider anything 'fair' to be beauty:smt002, no importance to shape.

Rohiniranjan

Re: planetary combinations for beauty

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:38 pm

Just to be the devil's advocate, I have seen the horoscope of a cancer rising (sidereal) in whose chart ugra mars is rising in makar navamsha. The individual is very rugged and handsome and always very popular with ladies.

RR

[quote="shrihari"]Yes I quite agree. The lagna is important and also the Navamsa lagna. Sometimes the navamsa lagna has an ugra graham and the the person becomes ugly. But we need to study many charts[/quote]

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:43 pm

While what you write has a modicum of truth in it, it is unwise and inaccurate to make a blanket statement that in India fairness alone is the criterion of beauty. Maybe in some subgroups, or some families etc but trying to capture the national standard of beauty for a diverse country like India would be the same as calling a certain food, the 'typical' Indian food, or a language the typical Indian Language or certain traits and features as typical indian features etc!

I hope you do not take this the wrong way!

RR

[quote="beebee"][quote="rohiniranjan"]
Many years ago, I had read a treatise that illustrated how 'facial' beauty was really about facial symmetry! Symmetrical faces were observed and accepted as being beautiful. Mind you, though, that faces with assymatry were not hideous but in some cases even considered attractive, charming and so on..
[/quote]

rishi, it varies from country to aother. india and theird-world contries equate 'fair' with beauty, whil west give importnace to shape, not color. so beauty is defined diffretly bvy dif. cultures and ethnicities, attitude of west more mature in this case than idnians/chinese/theird=worlders, who cnsider anything 'fair' to be beauty:smt002, no importance to shape.[/quote]

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:44 pm

[quote="rohiniranjan"]While what you write has a modicum of truth in it, it is unwise and inaccurate to make a blanket statement that in India fairness alone is the criterion of beauty. Maybe in some subgroups, or some families etc but trying to capture the national standard of beauty for a diverse country like India would be the same as calling a certain food, the 'typical' Indian food, or a language the typical Indian Language or certain traits and features as typical indian features etc! And cruising back to astrology, likewise, there is no typical Indian horoscope either! :-)

I hope you do not take this the wrong way!

RR

[quote="beebee"][quote="rohiniranjan"]
Many years ago, I had read a treatise that illustrated how 'facial' beauty was really about facial symmetry! Symmetrical faces were observed and accepted as being beautiful. Mind you, though, that faces with assymatry were not hideous but in some cases even considered attractive, charming and so on..
[/quote]

rishi, it varies from country to aother. india and theird-world contries equate 'fair' with beauty, whil west give importnace to shape, not color. so beauty is defined diffretly bvy dif. cultures and ethnicities, attitude of west more mature in this case than idnians/chinese/theird=worlders, who cnsider anything 'fair' to be beauty:smt002, no importance to shape.[/quote][/quote]

Return to “Vedic Astrology”