Planetary combinations for Beauty

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Kavita12345

Post by Kavita12345 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:57 am

Hi RRji,
 Yes....i been saying for a very long time that inner beauty reflects in the face...so a pretty face won't go too far without a good personality. California has alot of beautiful faces...but my personal taste is very unique.....i am even considered a bit odd in my taste....but again, i've seen that the most attractive people to me are those that have a good heart. And a big smile almost always reflects inner beauty.
 When i go to the asian salons here, they consider me very beautiful(i am average) becus i got big eyes....so beauty is different to different people.
Will you believe, i have been a huge fan of Hariharan since i was 14...i think he's gorgeous.....now to most people, that's a laughing matter...but i am quite serious in my love/lust for him. He is the epitome of a great and gorgeous man. So there u go as far as beauty being relative.
 And nothing turns me off more than a good looking person with a snobbish attitude. That's ugliness to me. I am glad India is coming around the "color" thing.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:03 am

Rishi ji,

Sadly, while you are right and speak the truth, *experience* only teaches the person who is experiencing it (reality, I hope?)

Arguments provoke others to re-examine their reality (perceived/believed/expressed) and therefore on this medium are valid utilities!

Even when an argument makes no sense and obviously written in haste and with little understanding (examples abound on this board if one were to look!) it presents a glimpse into a sliver or moment and certainly an evidence of what the human brain/mind is capable of conjuring up through perception, interpretation and oftentimes, misinterpretation!

RR
[[Student of "Human Experience"]]

[quote="RishiRahul"]Sivaji,

Sometimes I wonder one reacts unnecessarily to statements the person shoud not react much to.

Of course the problem,if the vel of maturity/experience was not very wide.

Sometimes arguments dont teach, experience does.

RishiRahul[/quote]
Last edited by Rohiniranjan on Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rohiniranjan

Re: BEAUTY OR BEAST?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:16 am

BB,

When you make statement like "Why are Indians saying ..." what are you basing that on? How many indians? What is your source for saying so in a sense that indicates that you are quoting a survey that was properly conducted?

I have taken very senior jyotishis/teachers to task when they mentioned, "82% of the jyotish predictions come true, but it is not enough!". They never came back to vindicate or elaborate where that 82% came from (why 82 and not 80 or approximately 80% as opposed to the very misleadingly specific 82%?)!

Please elaborate why or wherefrom you have come to this conclusion that *Indians* (there are a billion or so of those, may I remind you?) are saying ... whatever you think they are saying!

Approximations are fine, as long as we clearly indicate that!

RR

[quote="beebee"][quote="rohiniranjan"]
Early fifties to early eighties that I lived in India, while there were instances of 'fairness' being confused as beauty by some individuals and some families, this was not the norm in my experience!
[/quote]

then wy indians alwys say 'this baby is so dark' as uf it's a crime :smt017 but happy when their fair/ in western contries, it's oppsite, their happy to get a tan, in india, they're horified if you get tan.:smt003[/quote]

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:24 am

Dear Ashna,

Maybe you should rethink what *average* is!

It is a 'relative' position/score and may just represent the 'central tendency' but not truly represent the entire spectrum, if you catch my drift?

Each of us creates an image of the universe that surrounds us and that then becomes the REALITY from which viewpoint we judge everything and everyone.

It is a useful reference point as long as we are prepared to discard it as soon as we get new cloths or a new job!

RR

[quote="Ashna"]Hi RRji,
 Yes....i been saying for a very long time that inner beauty reflects in the face...so a pretty face won't go too far without a good personality. California has alot of beautiful faces...but my personal taste is very unique.....i am even considered a bit odd in my taste....but again, i've seen that the most attractive people to me are those that have a good heart. And a big smile almost always reflects inner beauty.
 When i go to the asian salons here, they consider me very beautiful(i am average) becus i got big eyes....so beauty is different to different people.
Will you believe, i have been a huge fan of Hariharan since i was 14...i think he's gorgeous.....now to most people, that's a laughing matter...but i am quite serious in my love/lust for him. He is the epitome of a great and gorgeous man. So there u go as far as beauty being relative.
 And nothing turns me off more than a good looking person with a snobbish attitude. That's ugliness to me. I am glad India is coming around the "color" thing.[/quote]

siva

Post by siva » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:22 am

Hi Rishiji and Rohiniji,

Very true. Experience is the best teacher. And as Rohiniji said, my experience teaches only me.
Not interested in arguments, so me going to be silent on this topic :)

Siva

RishiRahul wrote:Sivaji,

Sometimes I wonder one reacts unnecessarily to statements the person shoud not react much to.

Of course the problem,if the vel of maturity/experience was not very wide.

Sometimes arguments dont teach, experience does.

RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:29 am

Dear Dada,

I thank you for making me realize this. I wish to attain your type of wisdom in the future, so seek your bessings continously.

Respects,

RishiRahul

Dear Siva,

Glad to know you are around too.

RishiRahul

Kavita12345

Post by Kavita12345 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:34 pm

Hi Rohiniji,
 I cannot keep up with ur expert writing skills. But yes ur right...me saying "average" is relative...but then again, everything is relative. Believe it or not, there are some ppl in the world who don't think Aishwarya is beautiful....lol.
I think they must have some crooked idea of beauty.
 I've always said that California has the most beautiful desi girls/guys. This is true. But again ppl might not agree. As for symmetry, which u mentioned earlier, i've seen many faces with perfect symmetry, but they are not always attractive. But Americans value such things.
 Anyhow u mentioned saturn in lagna meaning good looks. Well my love, whose got saturn and mars in lagna is the most handsome man i have ever seen. He's a Telugu guy, but doesn't look like a south indian at all....he's very rugged...an absolute stunner. But becus he was also a golden-hearted guy, he was made even more attractive....he was like God to me:)
 That's wot they say....if the heart is good, the face will also shine. Anyway thnx for ur input

beebee

Post by beebee » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:32 pm

Ashna wrote:He's a Telugu guy, but doesn't look like a south indian at all....
proves my poitn that idnians dont consider dark to be beutiful, thats wy this man says 'he doesnt look south idnian.' :smt002

shrihari

Post by shrihari » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:09 pm

The reason why mars rising in the navamsha lagna makes the person good looking  and atteactive to ladies is becos mars is exalted there and I guess that he must have a sort of very masculine type of good looks
shrihari

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:01 pm

Hello All,

Since the topic was going out of direct context , it has been split to the general discussion forum under "http://www.rediff.com/news/2004/may/20franc.htm[/quote]

RishiRahul

rajitha

Post by rajitha » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:39 pm

I have heard Mercury signifying beauty too. If you remember, Mercury is the son of Moon and hence got the good looks from Moon. Mercury is supposed to be the most beautiful planet.

My two cents...

1) I have Saturn in Asc in Gemini. I am not bad looking. So, Saturn in Asc does not make people look ugly.
2) I have also heard of a theory where the Navamsa lagna indicates appearance.
3) Venus, Moon, Mercury certainly make the people attractive.
4) Rahu indicates exotic beauty (whatever that means).

Kavita12345

Post by Kavita12345 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:51 am

Not sure if ur male or female..but saturn in ascendent for males signifies rugged good looks :) If someone were to tell me that saturn in lagna for males is supposed to give bad looks, oh boy,  i will leave the forum...as the most gorgeous male i know has saturn in his lagna......mars is there as well.
Maybe his tob is wrong...but i agree with whoever said it here, that saturn gives good looks for male.
 Ignor this if ur female :) Female beauty has been talked abt extensively here! My brother is very handsome....rugged, 6'2....but unfortunately we don't know his exact tob :( It's very important to get the right tob!!!!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:22 am

There you go again, Ashna, challenging the accepted norm and all that ancient BODY of accumulated and uncontestable knowledge.

But then, when you are right you are right!

It is not saturn or mercury or moon that makes the face beautiful or ugly!

So what is it, really?

Your move, Ashna :-)

Go girl, as they say these days!

Unctorially challenged --

Rohiniranjan

[quote="Ashna"]Not sure if ur male or female..but saturn in ascendent for males signifies rugged good looks :) If someone were to tell me that saturn in lagna for males is supposed to give bad looks, oh boy,  i will leave the forum...as the most gorgeous male i know has saturn in his lagna......mars is there as well.
Maybe his tob is wrong...but i agree with whoever said it here, that saturn gives good looks for male.
 Ignor this if ur female :) Female beauty has been talked abt extensively here! My brother is very handsome....rugged, 6'2....but unfortunately we don't know his exact tob :( It's very important to get the right tob!!!![/quote]

Pravin Kumar

Planet Combination for Beauty.

Post by Pravin Kumar » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:53 am

Dada,

Aashna is not challenging accepted norms of where planets should be for beauty. Perhaps she wants Saturn and Mars in Lagna to indicate beauty (smile). I was given to understand Umpteen times that Moon or Venus in Lagna indicates a person Beautiful/Handsome and I have quite a few examples in my relatives but now here I find people talking about Rahu or Mercury and also Saturn or Mars in Lagna to denote beauty.

May I know then what planet should be in Lagna to denote ugliness or shall I say a person who is unattractive as far as beauty is concerned?

Pravin Kumar

rajitha

Post by rajitha » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:07 pm

Aashna,
  I am a male. So, I guess you are right. I won't call myself a hunk, though.
I am medium complexioned. I guess Saturn in my Asc did not give me totally fair looks but my Navamsa lagna is Pisces with Jupiter in it. Everyone says the most striking feature of mine are my eyes which are not beautiful but they are sharp.
I thought eyes were seen from the second house. I don't know if Saturn contributed to those eyes.
My second house is unoccupied and its ruler Moon is in 10th house, again aspected by Saturn from Asc and Mercury and Mars from Virgo, my 4th house.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”