Rahu in ascendant(1st House)

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

visham85

Rahu in ascendant(1st House)

Post by visham85 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:41 am

Whats the effect of Rahu in ascendant(1st House) in the sign of aries?

visham85

Post by visham85 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:26 pm

Someone please answer...

RajeevSharma

Rahu in the Ascendant

Post by RajeevSharma » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:14 am

Whatever is the social, economic or academic status of the individual, Rahu gives him a sharp sense of ego. Though the native is quite vocal and talkative but he does not indulge in bragging about his self unless Rahu is somehow associated with Mercury or is posited in a sign owned by Mercury. Despite his ego he is not disrespectful towards deserving people. The native is selfish, suspicious, studious, obliging, sympathetic, bold, courageous and a vanquisher of enemies. He is hesitant to start his own independent business but prefers safety and security of a job. These people avoid taking risks in stock market and are very keen to have contacts with people at high places.

Rahu gives reddish touch to the eyes and sometimes an unnoticeable squint. The health will generally be unsatisfactory calling for treatment by other than medical methods. It inclines one to the occult and a serious willfulness of nature is well marked. A hypocritical super consciousness towards others is likely. It gives dominating personality, the native gains honours, wealth and favours, through religious, educational and scientific achievements. With the help of others the native may achieve great success. In Aries, Cancer and Leo; it is considered good for wealth. This position of Rahu is generally bad for marriage. The native has tremendous desire for sex and a tendency for adultery. It denies happiness through wife and children.

Kavita12345

Post by Kavita12345 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:26 pm

Very true abt ppl having rahu in 1st house. Now imagine rahu in 1st house, with Mars in 12th ....:) Rajeevji, really hoping you will take a look at the couple i asked abt. Thanks

Rohiniranjan

Re: Rahu in the Ascendant

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:59 am

FWIW, you have some good insights in your post about rahu rising!

What has been your observations rahu in leo rising or rahu in dhanu rising?

RR

[quote="RajeevSharma"]Whatever is the social, economic or academic status of the individual, Rahu gives him a sharp sense of ego. Though the native is quite vocal and talkative but he does not indulge in bragging about his self unless Rahu is somehow associated with Mercury or is posited in a sign owned by Mercury. Despite his ego he is not disrespectful towards deserving people. The native is selfish, suspicious, studious, obliging, sympathetic, bold, courageous and a vanquisher of enemies. He is hesitant to start his own independent business but prefers safety and security of a job. These people avoid taking risks in stock market and are very keen to have contacts with people at high places.

Rahu gives reddish touch to the eyes and sometimes an unnoticeable squint. The health will generally be unsatisfactory calling for treatment by other than medical methods. It inclines one to the occult and a serious willfulness of nature is well marked. A hypocritical super consciousness towards others is likely. It gives dominating personality, the native gains honours, wealth and favours, through religious, educational and scientific achievements. With the help of others the native may achieve great success. In Aries, Cancer and Leo; it is considered good for wealth. This position of Rahu is generally bad for marriage. The native has tremendous desire for sex and a tendency for adultery. It denies happiness through wife and children.[/quote]

RajeevSharma

Post by RajeevSharma » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:49 am

rohiniranjan wrote:FWIW, you have some good insights in your post about rahu rising!

RR
Respected Rohini Ji

First of all … I m here to learn.. I post my …as you call it… insights… and occasional readings just for the reason that people like you , Vivek Ji and Rahul Ji.. can correct them if these are off the mark.

In the ascendant when Leo is rising, Rahu would be in the sign of its enemy, the Sun, so the physical beauty or appearance of the native does get affected. He/she sometimes has to suffer a lot on account of his physical and mental health. Mental tranquility becomes hard to achieve and the native is always preoccupied with his/her inner turmoil and worries. Such a person can conspire effectively to reach at a high position in his carrier especially if it is related to the government. He also takes the help of his courage and industrious nature in this regard.

In case the ascendant is Sagittarius, the effects are almost similar as this sign also belongs to another enemy of Rahu, Jupiter. Except in this case the native can not progress much in his sphere of action. Such a person gives the impression of being very simple and innocent but in fact is very clever and cunning.
Ashna wrote:Very true abt ppl having rahu in 1st house. Now imagine rahu in 1st house, with Mars in 12th ....:) Rajeevji, really hoping you will take a look at the couple i asked abt. Thanks
I ll Get Back to you shortly Ashna

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:56 am

Dear Rajeev,

I am here to learn as well. Let us get that out of the way first! If that were not the case then I would not be here! Plain and Simple?

That out of the way, your description of the rahu in sag was very interesting and uncanny but simplistic! Kind of a first glance, superficial first impression! There may be more than what meets the eye if you are actually observing someone with rahu in sagittarius rising!

Lately, when Rahu seems to show up prominently or at least noticeably in a chart that my eye latches on to, I stop and check to see if Rahu is single or attached!

The latter obviously would mean that rahu is ruling aquarius! Chara dasha principles is what I follow to ascertain that. It has been helpful...

RR

quote="RajeevSharma"][quote="rohiniranjan"]FWIW, you have some good insights in your post about rahu rising!

RR
[/quote]

Respected Rohini Ji

First of all … I m here to learn.. I post my …as you call it… insights… and occasional readings just for the reason that people like you , Vivek Ji and Rahul Ji.. can correct them if these are off the mark.

In the ascendant when Leo is rising, Rahu would be in the sign of its enemy, the Sun, so the physical beauty or appearance of the native does get affected. He/she sometimes has to suffer a lot on account of his physical and mental health. Mental tranquility becomes hard to achieve and the native is always preoccupied with his/her inner turmoil and worries. Such a person can conspire effectively to reach at a high position in his carrier especially if it is related to the government. He also takes the help of his courage and industrious nature in this regard.

In case the ascendant is Sagittarius, the effects are almost similar as this sign also belongs to another enemy of Rahu, Jupiter. Except in this case the native can not progress much in his sphere of action. Such a person gives the impression of being very simple and innocent but in fact is very clever and cunning.

[quote="Ashna"]Very true abt ppl having rahu in 1st house. Now imagine rahu in 1st house, with Mars in 12th ....:) Rajeevji, really hoping you will take a look at the couple i asked abt. Thanks[/quote]

I ll Get Back to you shortly Ashna[/quote]

Agnihotri

Rahu in the Ascendant

Post by Agnihotri » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:28 am

Rh1 (Rahu in the 1st bhava or Parasara's first rasi) or the Janma rasi (Moon sign) makes for an ominous 'nodal axis' birth, and we have seen similar effects either way.

Most times, his consciousness, concerns, philosophy and values will 'not fit' with those within his immediate sphere. From a young age, such persons will find themselves veering off from mainstream society. He regards himself as 'different' and his spirit is in the wrong body. Even his fundamental interests are 'strange' to those around him. He will unconsciously reach out to people of different races or classes of people than his own.

People born on this axis will not function normally at the emotional level. They tend to marry someone out of their community and neither will they easily resolve emotional distresses. Most will experience marital intolerance and it will take little to move towards separation in mind, body and heart even if divorce is not obvious in the horoscope. Infidelity is almost inevitable for such cases even if the other emotion-contributing configurations do not indicate so obviously.

Hope this helps.

Kavita12345

Post by Kavita12345 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:33 am

Agnihotriji, this is absolutely true. the person i been asking abt has rahu in 1st house...and mangal in 12th house. She's a christian who married a much younger guy..and left him months after marriage without any notice. Also looks like extra-marital affair is there also. Astrology is a brilliant science..and
sadly, her hubby whose heartbroken is studying astrology....too bad he didn't see this coming.
 Anyway really hoping you guys will read that couple's chart. Thnx

Agnihotri

Prediction-making with astrology is easy but...

Post by Agnihotri » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:58 am

Ashna wrote:Agnihotriji, this is absolutely true. the person i been asking abt has rahu in 1st house...and mangal in 12th house. She's a christian who married a much younger guy..and left him months after marriage without any notice. Also looks like extra-marital affair is there also. Astrology is a brilliant science..and
sadly, her hubby whose heartbroken is studying astrology....too bad he didn't see this coming.
 Anyway really hoping you guys will read that couple's chart. Thnx

Prediction-making is easy and we do it all the time in public. But that is not the noble purpose of astrology. Doing post-event confirmation is inconsequential unless all we want to do is to affirm how fantastic astrology is again and again.

To make astrology pragmatic and have a place in practical living, it must be learnt as a daily tool for use by brilliant choice and attitude. Use it to understand the choices, use it to determine why you are moving in certain directions, use it to assess why certain variables confront and present themselves to you without your wilful choice, use it to make key decisions during better moments of auspicity to optimize your choice selection.

Encourage yourself and others to 'work' with their personal charts and to learn how that chart operates in your own lives even if you never read anyone else's chart, ever.

I am glad you are seeing the effectiveness of astrology. But what you saw was just a simple analysis. The highest application of astrology is "counseling effectiveness". It's the shortest cut to self-realization minus the psychism and mysticism.

rajitha

Post by rajitha » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:10 pm

Sorry to enter into this...

My wife has Rahu in her ascendent in Libra. She did not marry out-of-caste. Her marriage was certainly delayed but her health was certainly affected.

She also has the KSY (for people who believe in it).

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:33 pm

[quote="rajitha"]Sorry to enter into this...

My wife has Rahu in her ascendent in Libra. She did not marry out-of-caste. Her marriage was certainly delayed but her health was certainly affected.

She also has the KSY (for people who believe in it).[/quote]

I recall a sagittarius rahu rising who did not marry out of caste (in fact boy's family was very closely matched -- same caste, community, even the fathers had nearly identical professions and level of success etc -- whichever way you cut it it was same! Like any marriage this one was not perfect but lasted nearly 30 years last time I touched base with them). Oh and no illnesses etc. A very pragmatic, normal person if you ask me!
Also does not have any strong leaning towards other religions or cultures :-)

Astrology becomes so interesting once we sincerely begin to apply bookish knowledge to real charts?

RR

rajitha

Post by rajitha » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:11 pm

Rohini,
  I think in the case you mentioned, Rahu being in Sag, acts like its dispositor (Jupiter) who in turn is tradition bound.
Also, I don't know if there is a connection between the 5th and 7th houses, which would be necessary for love marriages.
I don't think Rahu alone can be a factor for love marriage, even if Rahu is posited in the 7th.

Also, in the case you mentioned, I don't know if there was any other planet with Rahu.

Kavita12345

Post by Kavita12345 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:43 pm

!!!

Kavita12345

Post by Kavita12345 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:43 pm

!!!

Return to “Vedic Astrology”