Rahu in ascendant(1st House)

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Kavita12345

Post by Kavita12345 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:43 pm

!!!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:30 pm

[quote="Ashna"]!!![/quote]

Are you giving the three finger salute, Ashna ;-)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:37 pm

[quote="rajitha"]Rohini,
  I think in the case you mentioned, Rahu being in Sag, acts like its dispositor (Jupiter) who in turn is tradition bound.
Also, I don't know if there is a connection between the 5th and 7th houses, which would be necessary for love marriages.
I don't think Rahu alone can be a factor for love marriage, even if Rahu is posited in the 7th.

Also, in the case you mentioned, I don't know if there was any other planet with Rahu.[/quote]

Possibly, but the point I was making was that often people say rahu will do this or that, always, without taking into account other factors and that is how myths and rumours spread in jyotish! In this individual if I recall correctly, jupiter was in the 8th house and fifth lord mars was in 2nd house but exalted and aspected by exalted jupiter. I would give that more weighting for the individual staying straight and true. By the way that then puts into question another myth that surfaces from time to time that exalted planets have neecha drishti and destroy the house they aspect. Not in this case, seemingly. I will have to check where mercury (lord of 7) was but I think it was in kendra from mars (in tula and so it was aspecting the fifth house. There was thus a connection between 5th and 7th and the 2nd which is also relevant (family) etc.

Rahu was alone and aspected by saturn (libra).

But my intention was not to turn this message into a tutorial here. There is already a section that is functioning pretty well for beginners here who wish to learn jyotish. I do not intend to open a parallel school even if kind moderators may not object and even encourage. It would just not be proper etiquette on my part, as I am sure you would understand :-)

RR

Kavita12345

Post by Kavita12345 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:02 am

Hi Rohiniji,
 I was showing Mr. Rishiji that i do infact engage and even instigate topics that are not related to beauty. I was bringing up my messages for this reason alone. I've talked so much on the 7th house..and moon/mars and even the yogas, and even sexuality, but he seems to have only noticed my ongoings abt beauty. I cannot start topics on the kendras or the trikonas becus i am not an astrologer. Moreover beauty is the first thing we see, so it's easy to relate that to astrology. How anyone can have a problem with that is beyond me.
 Anyhow, will you tell ur view of mangal dosha....do u believe in such a thing...do u believe in kumbah vivah nullifying the effects..?? Would love ur oppinion on this when time permits. Thanks

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:24 am

[quote="Ashna"]Hi Rohiniji,
 I was showing Mr. Rishiji that i do infact engage and even instigate topics that are not related to beauty. I was bringing up my messages for this reason alone. I've talked so much on the 7th house..and moon/mars and even the yogas, and even sexuality, but he seems to have only noticed my ongoings abt beauty. I cannot start topics on the kendras or the trikonas becus i am not an astrologer. Moreover beauty is the first thing we see, so it's easy to relate that to astrology. How anyone can have a problem with that is beyond me.
 Anyhow, will you tell ur view of mangal dosha....do u believe in such a thing...do u believe in kumbah vivah nullifying the effects..?? Would love ur oppinion on this when time permits. Thanks[/quote]

Dear Ashna,

I believe in Mangal dosha, I believe in Kalsarpa yoga but not in the same way as they are sometimes over-played as the be all and end all, make or break, do this or die, kind of mal-influences. They form yet another stress point that can add to the human experience breaking, if you catch my drift. The human experience, interestingly, is a bridge between two realities and so when it cracks, the connection between the two realities suffers. Mind is what connects the two realities, so affliction of the moon are important, if you are still with me! Which for a bright young lady like you, should be easy as pie.

I have never dabbled into magical remedies or tantric fixes and so on, nor have I seen or heard of any consistent reports of their successes so cannot comment from experience about the remedy you ask about. I am sure there must be people on this or other forums that deal with remedies who would be able to provide advice about those.

Hope this helps,

RR

rajitha

Post by rajitha » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:05 pm

Rohiniji,
   I am new to this forum and you said there is another place where you discuss about the technicalities and not in this board. Could you please guide me to that forum since I am interested in discussing and learning more.

Cho-gin

Post by Cho-gin » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:45 am

is rahu in first house really that bad?

I have it in first house

Ascendent(Lagan) :Gemini 15.06 Ascendent Lord :Mer
Moon Sign(Rashi) :Aries Moon Sign Lord :Mar
Birth Star(Nakshatra) :Ashwini

Rah(R) Gemini 19.09 Mer
Ket(R) Sagittarius 19.09 Jup

ashwini is in puda 3

I don't think I ever cheated on people yet...
maybe flirted but I wasn't even in relationship at the time...

notes: that most people cheated off me when growing up not me cheating on them in academics, relationships themselves? I dont think I am one whom cheats on others

here is a post about it from another website:
wait sorry realize that I cannot post these links...
taking them away

please google rahu-in-1st-house-ketu-in-7th-house.html
it gives a long explanation

if you want go ahead and take a look
details-of-rahu-in-gemini-mithun
also same blog but long explanation

so I had to copy and past the text now and make pics.
Attachments
rahu_in_first_1.jpg
first
rahu_in_first_1.jpg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 2197 times
rahu_in_first.jpg
last
rahu_in_first.jpg (647.01 KiB) Viewed 2200 times
Last edited by Cho-gin on Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:56 am

Rahu in Tula Ascendant encourages inter caste marriages and strenghtens libido.

If there is strong Chandra Yoga (such as Gajakesari yoga, for instance) and Moon having significant aspect on Rahu, then Rahu's ill effects are mitigated. Chandra Yogas over ride othe yogas.

Malefic Rahu in any Lagna deforms the face and has ill effect on disposition.

Rahu's ownership of sign (Kumbha) works only during dashaas (Chara and Nakshjatra based dashaas, there are ten references of Rahu's sign in the chapters on Nakshatra based dashaas in BPHS). In birthcharts, Saturn overpowers Rahu's ownership of Kumbha, unless Rahu is too strong and Saturn has no aspect on Kumbha.

Rahu in twelve different Lagnas has different effects on twelve houses according to its friendships/enmities and aspects.

VJ

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:59 pm

MOON definitely is the KEY!

Return to “Vedic Astrology”