Ayanmsa - Which one - only Yes or No...

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Re: To RoniniRanjanji

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:32 pm

I tried it, it did not work and took me to the top of the thread :-(

Silicon and I simply cannot get along <sigh>

RR

[quote="RishiRahul"][quote="rohiniranjan"]Rishi,

This procedure takes me to the top message in the thread.
How do I reference a posting that was on the 13th page of a 20 page thread directly and I do not want the reader to wade through the other messages?

RR

[quote="RishiRahul"]Dear Dada,

Just open the page of the thread you would like to go to.

Copy and paste the link given in http://...................(URL).

Then that page, with the links to the previous pages and the next ones(if any) would be included for the reader to go to also, if desired.

Hope I have been able to explain.

RishiRahul[/quote][/quote]

Dada,

That is just what I mentioned.

You open the 13th. page of the 20 page thread.
So, when you have the 13th. page open, you will find the url of the (13th) page on top.

Just copy and paste it.

Hope this helps.

RishiRahul[/quote]

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:45 pm

Dear Dada,

See, presently we are in the 4th. page of a 4 page long thread.

Let us say that you need to display the last (4th) page only( this page).

Look on top of the page. The url is &nbsp; &nbsp;http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 759#141759

As you open the url you will find this page ( the 4th. page) only.

This would surely help.

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:10 pm

[quote="RishiRahul"]Dear Dada,

See, presently we are in the 4th. page of a 4 page long thread.

Let us say that you need to display the last (4th) page only( this page).

Look on top of the page. The url is    http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 759#141759

As you open the url you will find this page ( the 4th. page) only.

This would surely help.

RishiRahul[/quote]

Okay Rishi, let me explain what I am trying to get at!
Page 2 of this thread for example: The following will take me to that page-

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... sc&start=5

However, there may be six or ten messages on that page and I want people to focus only on the fifth message, for instance. Is there a way by which that message pointer could become a part of the URL-string?

This is a small issue where messages are big (like mine, generally ;-)
but on pages which have many short messages (say a dozen), it becomes a chore to add the URL and then count and specify the message number in the text of the posting so that readers get to the message without fumbling around or counting the messages on that page, if you catch my drift!

There is a purpose behind this exploration. I find that when messages are replied with quotations from earlier messages, people sometimes do not quote (context becomes unknown and response confusing) or they quote the entire string of messages (too tedious to read through) or worst of all, selectively quote to be helpful but with the context gone or modified, it again becomes confusing, not to mention all these will waste bandwidth due to the multiple posting of all those bits and bytes.

On the other hand if messages could be pasted as links, much space would be saved and the postings will be clean and a joy to read and understand.

RR

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:57 pm

Dada,

This could be a lovely thing &nbsp;if it could be done. Probably the best way to do it would be to copy past the link page as I mentioned. Also copy paste the quote. Then reply with a note.

Or
Go to quote at the right hand side as we do.... then add the page link for reference.

The other way probably is to &nbsp;ask the programmer to make some changes.I will put this problem to Swetha.

RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: KN Rao

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:54 pm

Rajesh Kakkanatt wrote:Thank you for your immediate reply Rahul.

According to KN Rao NC Lahri is the preferred one. He also says it should be slightly changed, do you know the change?

Regards

Rajesh

I heard it is +-2 minutes from Chitrapaksha.

But I follow Chitrapaksha maimum, but also the other 2 ( B.V.Raman and Fagan). They give me better/finer/broader deals.

Do not worry about my style of predictions as it is quite confusing and is not yet perfect yet.

Chitrapaksha will never misguide is what I feel.

Predictions using Ayanamsa are like a sort of progressions. Experiment and use what suits you best.

I remember a prediction made by RohiniRanjanji and myself separately ( in this forum) authored by Siva. The answer of quite same' though we follow different ayanamsas.

RishiRahul

Rajesh Kakkanatt

Post by Rajesh Kakkanatt » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:08 pm

So I will experiment with Lahri (Chitrapaksha) and see what the results will be.

Best Regards

Rajesh Kakkanatt
RishiRahul wrote:
Rajesh Kakkanatt wrote:Thank you for your immediate reply Rahul.

According to KN Rao NC Lahri is the preferred one. He also says it should be slightly changed, do you know the change?

Regards

Rajesh

I heard it is +-2 minutes from Chitrapaksha.

But I follow Chitrapaksha maimum, but also the other 2 ( B.V.Raman and Fagan). They give me better/finer/broader deals.

Do not worry about my style of predictions as it is quite confusing and is not yet perfect yet.

Chitrapaksha will never misguide is what I feel.

Predictions using Ayanamsa are like a sort of progressions. Experiment and use what suits you best.

I remember a prediction made by RohiniRanjanji and myself separately ( in this forum) authored by Siva. The answer of quite same' though we follow different ayanamsas.

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:58 pm

[quote="RishiRahul"]I remember a prediction made by RohiniRanjanji and myself separately ( in this forum) authored by Siva. The answer of quite same' though we follow different ayanamsas.

RishiRahul[/quote]

After a few years of direct experimentation with different ayanamshas, one begins to feel if ayanamsha is like a shoe [or perhaps the analogy of a glove would be more respectful!] which feels awkward when acquired new but in a few days feels comfortable and very functional.

In fact, that is true for new glasses too or even a new car! I am sure others would related to and connect to these *examples* in a practical and experiential sense!

Looked thus, all of these begin to sound alike and can be classified as tools or devices: car, glove, shoe, glasses, ayanamsha, jyotish techniques!

And yet some of us go to war over ayanamsha!

As do we over other tools:

My Ferrari is better than your dodge
My leather gloves are better than anyone's vinyl thinsulates
My six hundred dollar shoe is way better than the crap you are wearing with soles made out of used tire treads
My glasses change colour in sunlight -- way better than your plain and cheap glasses which remain clear and transparent ALL THE TIME!

Sigh!

RR

visveswaran

ayanamsa

Post by visveswaran » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:57 am

:smt006
regarding ayanamsa is southindia they are foloowing thirukanitha method which is slight variation from that oif lagiri. And one good ayanamsa by the great jyotishmarthand ShriK.S.Krishnamurthy known as K.S.K for his great invention called KRISHNAMURTHYPADHATHY is very good for use
visveswaran

Rohiniranjan

Re: ayanamsa

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:54 am

[quote="visveswaran"]:smt006
regarding ayanamsa is southindia they are foloowing thirukanitha method which is slight variation from that oif lagiri. And one good ayanamsa by the great jyotishmarthand ShriK.S.Krishnamurthy known as K.S.K for his great invention called KRISHNAMURTHYPADHATHY is very good for use
visveswaran[/quote]

Hi,

Have you heard of or read the Nakshatra-nadi readers by Gopal Krishna Rao, 'Meena"?

They are hard to come by, being originally published with great difficulty I presume but please make a sincere effort to locate those. Since you are a follower/devotee of KSK.

RR

Rajesh Kakkanatt

KSA - KRUSHNA ASHTARKAVARGA SYSTEM - Ayanmasa

Post by Rajesh Kakkanatt » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:21 am

Hello All,

I happened to read KSA (KRUSHNA ASHTARKAVARGA SYSTEM), which I think is more accurate in predicting things. In this system of astrology they use 1:1:0 lesser than Lahari Ayanmasa. I also think that the events are more accurate in Ayanmsa.

Check the KAS site, full research documents and softwares can be downloaded from the below site.

http://krushna.sageasita.com/

Best Regards

Rajesh Kakkanatt

Rohiniranjan

Re: KSA - KRUSHNA ASHTARKAVARGA SYSTEM - Ayanmasa

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:32 pm

Check out the transit position of Jupiter when you posted this message!

Regards,

RR

[quote="Rajesh Kakkanatt"]Hello All,

I happened to read KSA ([b]KRUSHNA ASHTARKAVARGA SYSTEM[/b]), which I think is more accurate in predicting things. In this system of astrology they use [b]1:1:0[/b] lesser than Lahari Ayanmasa. I also think that the events are more accurate in Ayanmsa.

Check the KAS site, full research documents and softwares can be downloaded from the below site.

http://krushna.sageasita.com/

Best Regards

Rajesh Kakkanatt[/quote]

Return to “Vedic Astrology”