Ketu in 7th House

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Roshans

Ketu in 7th House

Post by Roshans » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:22 am

Does any one has any study on Ketu ( only one graha) in 7th house?

rkirana

Post by rkirana » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:57 pm

Ketu is malefic in 7th house and will bring bad results.
But this cannot be looked in isolation and will depend on lord of 7th house, planets aspecting 7th house also and a host of other factors

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:23 am

[quote="rkirana"]Ketu is malefic in 7th house and will bring bad results.
But this cannot be looked in isolation and will depend on lord of 7th house, planets aspecting 7th house also and a host of other factors[/quote]

If your second sentence is correct then the first sentence is kind of irrelevant, don't you think so?

According to what you wrote, the lord of 7th, planets aspecting the 7th and a *host* of factors will significantly modulate the ketu in 7th which at the outset you called malefic and then backed out of that position :-)

Does everyone see the PROBLEM with Jyotish statements like these which are very common to come across!

And if one dispassionately reads through posts, many posts on this or any other forum, they will soon realize that often there is ambiguity in the statements. A strong position followed by a strategic retreat.

Why must we not overcome this tendency that all of us give in to from time to time?

In this instance, why not first define the possibility that ketu when malefic can lead to problems related to 7th house, if placed there? Which means first we would have to establish that ketu is malefic.

Malefic in what sense? To whom? What is malefic to you may represent just the right opportunity for me!

The important thing as I see it is that it then follows the very clear indication in BPHS that the occupant is the strongest indicator of a house. In this case ketu in the 7th! Sudarshana Chakra chapter in BPHS is very clear about that which often we forget or get muddled up about and then confuse others!

I hope this is not yet another tree that fell in some distant forest while the entire village was snoring away happily! Or as the more colourful expression goes, a peacock dancing in the forest!

RR

Roshans

Ketu in 7th House

Post by Roshans » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:23 am

I see so seems like one single graha cannot be seen in isolation. Kiranaji can you elaborate on what bad results Ketu might bring in this house.
The number in 7th house is 11(rashi number) Here is the detail patrika

**            6               ***            4               ***  
  *  *         Pluto         *       *        Guru          *      *
  *        *           *          5        *           *                  *
  *   7       *     *     Shani Rahu        *    *       3         *
  * Shukra       *                               *       Chandra   *
  *     *    8         ***      *************             *        *
  * *       Ravi       ***      ****                          *    *
  **        Budh       **********************     2              ***
  *  9           *                               *             1     *
  * Mangal   *      *           Ketu    *      *              *
  *        *            *        11       *           *            *
  *     *       10         *           *                  *        *
  *  *                        *     *            12          *     *

Rohiniranjan

Re: Ketu in 7th House

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:37 am

Roshansji,

If you are intending to put Kiranaji to test, then would it not be appropriate to give him your full birthdata and let him look at the chart properly rather than depending on your software which may be set to different defaults? You will be surprised at how different one astrologer's defaults are than another one.

Regards,

RR

[quote="Roshans"]I see so seems like one single graha cannot be seen in isolation. Kiranaji can you elaborate on what bad results Ketu might bring in this house.
The number in 7th house is 11(rashi number) Here is the detail patrika

**            6               ***            4               ***  
  *  *         Pluto         *       *        Guru          *      *
  *        *           *          5        *           *                  *
  *   7       *     *     Shani Rahu        *    *       3         *
  * Shukra       *                               *       Chandra   *
  *     *    8         ***      *************             *        *
  * *       Ravi       ***      ****                          *    *
  **        Budh       **********************     2              ***
  *  9           *                               *             1     *
  * Mangal   *      *           Ketu    *      *              *
  *        *            *        11       *           *            *
  *     *       10         *           *                  *        *
  *  *                        *     *            12          *     *
  *****************************************************************[/quote]

I_seek_the _truth

Post by I_seek_the _truth » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:03 am

I must say that on this particular topic, Ketu in the 7th Bhava, I would like to ask Roshans, a personal question.

Dear Roshans, are you married...?

Please reply to this question.

Anyone else too, who knows someone with  Ketu in 7, or someone who has a spouse with Ketu in 7 please put up hands. I wish to ascertain the truth of certain predictions made by some abt this particular position.

I want a honest appraisal of what you and others have found abt this position before I say what i read.

Only then will we be able to unbiasedly search for truth.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:28 am

[quote="I_seek_the _truth"]I must say that on this particular topic, Ketu in the 7th Bhava, I would like to ask Roshans, a personal question.

Dear Roshans, are you married...?

Please reply to this question.

Anyone else too, who knows someone with  Ketu in 7, or someone who has a spouse with Ketu in 7 please put up hands. I wish to ascertain the truth of certain predictions made by some abt this particular position.

I want a honest appraisal of what you and others have found abt this position before I say what i read.

Only then will we be able to unbiasedly search for truth.[/quote]

Dear poster,

When questions like these arise in my mind, I go inwards and consult ADB

It is something that I keep talking about and yet it seems that NO ONE LISTENS! They just ask those whose words they do not trust, hence the questions, again and again :-)
Nothing wrong in the mistrust and the questions, mind you, but WHY this inertia, this extreme reluctance to get off ones duff as the expression goes and do some research themselves? PARTICULARLY AMONGST OUR YOUNG RESEARCHERS ON WHOSE SHOULDERS THE FUTURE OF ASTROLOGY RESTS? Mind you, the ARTHI, the dead body also rests on shoulders generally younger than the one that died!! How sad!

When I read this strongly worded posting by one who seeks truth and wants to get to the bottom of it all -- I ran to the library and this is what I found.

Out of 18568 human charts of high quality as per ADB--
Ketu was in the 7th house in 1494 charts (8.046%)

Of these ketu in 7th the distribution was thus:

78 charts fell under cases where marriage was > 15 years, there was compatibility, marriages were classified as very happy

40 charts fell under the negative classifications such as: bitter divorce, stress, chronic misery in relationship, extramarital affairs, traumatic events in relationships.

YOU ALL CAN COUNT. Go figure :-)

rkirana

Post by rkirana » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:29 am

Ketu can bring bad results like death or disease to wife, separation from wife, obstruction to pre-planned journey, urinary diseases and dangers at maternal home as a "malefic in 7th house". Ketu also takes on the role of 7th lord as he is a shadow planet and will according results in his MD/AD.

Note that you have to look at this holistically and see the placement of the 7th lord also. That is why as rohiniji asked you to send complete birth details.

I_seek_the _truth

Post by I_seek_the _truth » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:38 am

Dear Rohiniji....

what is ADB....?! Forgive my ignorance, but if itsn't any personal database of yours, then where does one get access to it....?!!

And, what abt the rest of the charts that had ketu in the 7th...? What abt their marital status and happiness...? is the data incomplete regarding information on this...?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:44 am

[quote="rkirana"]Ketu can bring bad results like death or disease to wife, separation from wife, obstruction to pre-planned journey, urinary diseases and dangers at maternal home as a "malefic in 7th house". Ketu also takes on the role of 7th lord as he is a shadow planet and will according results in his MD/AD.

Note that you have to look at this holistically and see the placement of the 7th lord also. That is why as rohiniji asked you to send complete birth details.[/quote]

Dear friends,

Just to clarify something: Ketu is not malefic by default (nor is rahu).  The sooner we climb out of that trench created in more modern times, the better astrologers we shall become.

If astrology were that black and white, and with a one to one concordance, we would not have had so many books, articles, web-forums and so many astrologers willing to give service and being consulted!

Actually, many of these resources are not needed if only "consumers" could get more empowered and made a serious effort to get better informed.

There is a parallel between astrology and health-care. The doctor a few decades ago was treated as God and his word was never challenged. The modern doctor is challenged at times and has agreed to become a partner as opposed to one who dictates but many if not most of the patients while enjoying the idea of the newly found power to question the doctor have not taken the pains or made the effort to learn enough for them to question the doctor at his level!

The same is true for astrology! Consumers throw a term here or there but have not taken the time or made the effort to really challenge the astrologers and hence the latter win in most cases!

Take destiny in your hands and become FREE. It is possible and easy!!

Rohiniranjan

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:48 am

www.astrodatabase.com

Your question about the 'remaining' charts tells me that you are still sitting comfortably in the 'couch' (one of the North American brands being aptly named = Lazyboy), where you were happily installed earlier ;-)

But I will keep trying as long as She chooses to keep me alive and healthy!

RR

[quote="I_seek_the _truth"]Dear Rohiniji....

what is ADB....?! Forgive my ignorance, but if itsn't any personal database of yours, then where does one get access to it....?!!

And, what abt the rest of the charts that had ketu in the 7th...? What abt their marital status and happiness...? is the data incomplete regarding information on this...?[/quote]
Last edited by Rohiniranjan on Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Votive

Post by Votive » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:49 am

rohiniranjan wrote:
rkirana wrote:Ketu is malefic in 7th house and will bring bad results.
But this cannot be looked in isolation and will depend on lord of 7th house, planets aspecting 7th house also and a host of other factors
If your second sentence is correct then the first sentence is kind of irrelevant, don't you think so?

According to what you wrote, the lord of 7th, planets aspecting the 7th and a *host* of factors will significantly modulate the ketu in 7th which at the outset you called malefic and then backed out of that position :-)

Does everyone see the PROBLEM with Jyotish statements like these which are very common to come across!

And if one dispassionately reads through posts, many posts on this or any other forum, they will soon realize that often there is ambiguity in the statements. A strong position followed by a strategic retreat.

Why must we not overcome this tendency that all of us give in to from time to time?

In this instance, why not first define the possibility that ketu when malefic can lead to problems related to 7th house, if placed there? Which means first we would have to establish that ketu is malefic.

Malefic in what sense? To whom? What is malefic to you may represent just the right opportunity for me!

The important thing as I see it is that it then follows the very clear indication in BPHS that the occupant is the strongest indicator of a house. In this case ketu in the 7th! Sudarshana Chakra chapter in BPHS is very clear about that which often we forget or get muddled up about and then confuse others!

I hope this is not yet another tree that fell in some distant forest while the entire village was snoring away happily! Or as the more colourful expression goes, a peacock dancing in the forest!

RR

Borrowing and adopting from an old Sahir nazm:

Kal aur aayenge Jyotish ke taane-baane binne wale
Tum se behtar kahnewale hamse behtar sunne wale
Kal desh alag aur patra alag dauta hua yeh kaal alag
Kal phir bhi uljhane wohi aur chahate bhi wohi

Kal aur aayenge Jyotish ke taane-baane binne wale
Naye naye upaaye sujhaate jaadoi tareeke sikhlate

Gar raah prakashit pal bhar ko mil bhi jaaye kuch ko
Chaah kar bhi nahin samjha sakenge yah marg  sabhi ko
Mahakaal ki yeh leela chakron mein simti rahegi  hamesha
In goorh rahayson ki gutthiyan suljhane ki koshish mein
Kal aur aayenge Jyotish ke taane_baane binne wale....

I_seek_the _truth

Post by I_seek_the _truth » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:55 am

At the cost of troubling you further, may i ask, where exactly in that site is the link to all the charts....?

It looks like god's gift to mankind, sure, but the trouble is I just cannot locate the exact link to the repository of charts. All i get are certain sponsored links that point me to software related websites....!

I_seek_the _truth

Post by I_seek_the _truth » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:59 am

is it astrodatabank....?

Roshans

Ketu in 7th House

Post by Roshans » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:03 am

Good to see an interested getting developed in this topic.
Rohiniranjanji...I am not married yet. However I/parents are  currently searching for my life partner.
Thats why I am worried about several issues. First of all I have Shani and Rahu in my lagna (lagna is simha)Your database results seems to be useful. From your statistics seems like Ketu could be harmful.
I believe the 78 Charts probably had good stars in their spouses patrikas. As for marriage both patrikas should be considered while concluding results, isnt it?

Any precautions that should be taken in this regard. Like graha combination in spouse's patrika which should be looked for in selecting spouse ?

Thanks
Roshans

Return to “Vedic Astrology”