Past Lives

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

mercurial

Past Lives

Post by mercurial » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:23 pm

Is there some way to know our past lives, any chart in Jyotish that might help in this regard?

Rohiniranjan

Re: Past Lives

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:52 am

[quote="mercurial"]Is there some way to know our past lives, any chart in Jyotish that might help in this regard?[/quote]

Yes, but how would you test and verify for certain that the chart was giving you correct information? If only we could remember past lives!

I would rather focus on this lifetime!

RR

I_seek_the _truth

Post by I_seek_the _truth » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:12 am

You could try Nadi Jyotish. There are D - charts that do talk abt Past lives, but RRji here is more accomplished to talk abt them than small fry like me...!

I personally know one true story of a startlingly accurate story regarding past life prediction, ( rather RECOLLECTION...!) made by a nadi astrologer. That is what made me, turn into ardent Jyotish fan from Vicious Rational Jyotish critic...!

I won't vouch that one such story is enough to confirm authencity, but it was INDEED Intriguing enough for me to set off into searching for TRUTH...!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:22 am

[quote="I_seek_the _truth"]You could try Nadi Jyotish. There are D - charts that do talk abt Past lives, but RRji here is more accomplished to talk abt them than small fry like me...!

I personally know one true story of a startlingly accurate story regarding past life prediction, ( rather RECOLLECTION...!) made by a nadi astrologer. That is what made me, turn into ardent Jyotish fan from Vicious Rational Jyotish critic...!

I won't vouch that one such story is enough to confirm authencity, but it was INDEED Intriguing enough for me to set off into searching for TRUTH...![/quote]

BUT how was it verified that what the reading related was actually truth and happened?

Please share!

RR

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:23 am

[quote="I_seek_the _truth"]You could try Nadi Jyotish. There are D - charts that do talk abt Past lives, but RRji here is more accomplished to talk abt them than small fry like me...!

I won't vouch that one such story is enough to confirm authencity, but it was INDEED Intriguing enough for me to set off into searching for TRUTH...![/quote]

BUT how was it verified that what the reading related was actually truth and happened?

Please share!

RR

I_seek_the _truth

Post by I_seek_the _truth » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:10 am

A close friend's sister who was childless after 5 years of marriage went to a nadi astrologer in Kanchipuram, Tamilnadu. I accompanied their family since this friend of mine wanted me to, as he was bored of all that "Jyotish and Temple crap." This happened during my UG days, and I was young and naive then, so i too was agnostic and athiest...!

As is usual, though it ws the first BOLT OF LIGHT from heaven for me THEN, the nadi astrologer coolly rattled off in quick succession, (after a series of preliminary queries regarding which alphabet was first in her name, and such like trivia related to her place of birth etc),  the exact names of the sister, her brother and my friend, her parents....

Then he said the nadi revealed that in her past life she had been a princess of some long-forgotten clan in a far-flung town in Gujarat in her previous life. He said that she had got a Shiva temple built, but before they could perform the first pooja, ( or whatever it is called, i'm not sure) she died and the temple had gone to waste. He said that if she fulfilled her past life karma, she would get a child soon.

When we were returning back to college, My friend who wasn't in the least impressed, kept joking abt the "abracadabra stuff" dished out by the astrologer...  But i was deeply impressed abt how accurately he hd named all those present...! and abt many other details. But I was in the middle of a busy term in college and with time forgot all about it.

Abt 3 months later my friend disappeared without telling me where he was off to. Strange since we told each other everything back then...! I later learnt that he had made a trip with his family to Gujarat to locate the town and this " fictitious" temple...! He didn't want to tell me about going, because he was certain i would rag him over it...!

But the family learnt that in that town, there was such a dilapidated temple where no one had ever been to worship. A 102 year old man, living near the temple told them the same thing. While they could not ascertain whether a first pooja had been done or not, as the astrologer claimed, the fact of the temple being there was enough for the sister and her parents. They renovated the temple, wealthy as they are, without second thought, donated it to the people of the town, and came back home.

Within 3 months of coming back, the sister became pregnant, and was later blessed with a bouncing boy.

That's the story.

I have lost touch with my friend as he is now in the US. But i do vouch for the accuracy of the entire story. What i cannot say is - did the astrologer know beforehand of such a temple in that town...? and did he fool them into believing that it was the unfulfilled karma of that past life...? I would rather say that the first is quite unlikely.... the astrologer is a Tamilian, and in all probability is very unlikely to know of such a temple located in an unheard-of town in a state as far away as Gujarat.

that's it RRji.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:32 am

I do not want you to feel that I am just 'dissing' you or not believing what you are saying but please understand that many astrologers utilize psychic and yogic powers to connect the realities that exist.

MY question was: Does the astrological chart really give all information about there being several births, several thousands perhaps?

If there were not many births and a continuity of sorts then astrology would be difficult if not impossible to explain! That is a given, an axiom for most astrologers!

Your experience was real and I believe it fully including what was told to your friend and sister by the nadi reader!

Why do you assume that it was all stated using astrology? That was where my question lay and where is the proof that in your experience ASTROLOGY alone was utilized?

Until we learn specifically and better about the magical nadis which "kinda sorta" use astrology and charts (just as mystical rituals like ashtamangala prashna claim to!) we cannot treat those as astrology, just as we cannot call spiritual surgery by Brazillian psychics, no matter how effective, as SURGERY!

Do you hear me?

One of the most famous writers and teachers in modern jyotish opened my eyes as to where jyotish ends and magic begins when he shared in one of those sharing moments that he took charts to bed and did japams on those and then the reading emerged as a vision! That is divination and not astrology -- whichever way one cuts it, regardless of the success rate assumed, claimed or documented!

To whom it may concern: My apologies for being so direct!

RR

[quote="I_seek_the _truth"]A close friend's sister who was childless after 5 years of marriage went to a nadi astrologer in Kanchipuram, Tamilnadu. I accompanied their family since this friend of mine wanted me to, as he was bored of all that "Jyotish and Temple crap." This happened during my UG days, and I was young and naive then, so i too was agnostic and athiest...!

As is usual, though it ws the first BOLT OF LIGHT from heaven for me THEN, the nadi astrologer coolly rattled off in quick succession, (after a series of preliminary queries regarding which alphabet was first in her name, and such like trivia related to her place of birth etc),  the exact names of the sister, her brother and my friend, her parents....

Then he said the nadi revealed that in her past life she had been a princess of some long-forgotten clan in a far-flung town in Gujarat in her previous life. He said that she had got a Shiva temple built, but before they could perform the first pooja, ( or whatever it is called, i'm not sure) she died and the temple had gone to waste. He said that if she fulfilled her past life karma, she would get a child soon.

When we were returning back to college, My friend who wasn't in the least impressed, kept joking abt the "abracadabra stuff" dished out by the astrologer...  But i was deeply impressed abt how accurately he hd named all those present...! and abt many other details. But I was in the middle of a busy term in college and with time forgot all about it.

Abt 3 months later my friend disappeared without telling me where he was off to. Strange since we told each other everything back then...! I later learnt that he had made a trip with his family to Gujarat to locate the town and this " fictitious" temple...! He didn't want to tell me about going, because he was certain i would rag him over it...!

But the family learnt that in that town, there was such a dilapidated temple where no one had ever been to worship. A 102 year old man, living near the temple told them the same thing. While they could not ascertain whether a first pooja had been done or not, as the astrologer claimed, the fact of the temple being there was enough for the sister and her parents. They renovated the temple, wealthy as they are, without second thought, donated it to the people of the town, and came back home.

Within 3 months of coming back, the sister became pregnant, and was later blessed with a bouncing boy.

That's the story.

I have lost touch with my friend as he is now in the US. But i do vouch for the accuracy of the entire story. What i cannot say is - did the astrologer know beforehand of such a temple in that town...? and did he fool them into believing that it was the unfulfilled karma of that past life...? I would rather say that the first is quite unlikely.... the astrologer is a Tamilian, and in all probability is very unlikely to know of such a temple located in an unheard-of town in a state as far away as Gujarat.

that's it RRji.[/quote]
Last edited by Rohiniranjan on Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

pantulu

Past Life

Post by pantulu » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:37 am

Dear sir,
I am interested in my past life for the simple reason why things in this life happened the way they did in spite of my best efforts. We get the reply that it is because of past life deeds. How is it some people like Karunanidhi get the acclaim inspite of their misdeeds ?
My birth details are as follows.
dob: 13-4-1940
tob: 6-18 a.m
pob: kakinada
I will be grateful if someone can help me in this Research.
pantulu

Rohiniranjan

Re: Past Life (MODERATORS -- veiled reading request)

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:00 am

There is a reading forum under vedic astrology here Pantulu where you should get your answer.

Not to worry, I have alerted the moderators to move this message to the readings forum :-)

While that happens, think for a second! How often do you try and recall your childhood experiences and learnings to solve your problems today?

The necklace of series of lifetimes is true as also the observed fact proven by scientific observation that Ontogeny follows phylogeny (www.google.com)

There are more cliches: As Above so Below!

The son must follow the Father in his footsteps!

There is a continuing chain indeed!

I hope the reading forum provides you with meaningful answers. Your question is good and the answer is possible!

RR

[quote="pantulu"]Dear sir,
I am interested in my past life for the simple reason why things in this life happened the way they did in spite of my best efforts. We get the reply that it is because of past life deeds. How is it some people like Karunanidhi get the acclaim inspite of their misdeeds ?
My birth details are as follows.
dob: 13-4-1940
tob: 6-18 a.m
pob: kakinada
I will be grateful if someone can help me in this Research.
pantulu[/quote]

I_seek_the _truth

Post by I_seek_the _truth » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:34 pm

What makes you cite Karunanidhi as an example....?!!

I'm from Tamilnadu and I would like to know in what way he is more decrepit than the average politician....??!!

RRji,

I didn't find that Nadi astrologer capable of the sort of Psychic vision to have been able to DIVINE rather than PREDICT.

I have attended quite a few Nadi sessions and have found the persons doing the reading to be quite young and as much ordinary men and women as me and my friends. None, quite the yogic variety....!

Though appearances can be deceptive I didn't find anything esoteric abt those sessions either. I mean, it was usually business-like, with the Jyotishi only interested in the money and able to offer accurate predictions because his ancestors had inherited some of those "Secret Scrolls" of Sage Bhrigu.

And as you say there might be some forms that claim to be Astrology but are indeed divinations but NADI JYOTISH doesn't seem to fit that bill, in my eyes.

Anyhow, Do you know more abt this NADI JYOTISH....? I have always had curiosity in HOW EXACTLY they read the scrolls. I was shown one of those scrolls by a Nadi astrology, but I couldn't read a word. It all seemed like Tamil, but I couldn't read a word....!

I_seek_the _truth

Post by I_seek_the _truth » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:42 pm

Ok, I found a link in Komilla Sutton's website that talks abt how a NADI reading works.

http://www.komilla.com/pages/NadiGranth ... ology.html

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:47 pm

[quote="I_seek_the _truth"]Ok, I found a link in Komilla Sutton's website that talks abt how a NADI reading works.

http://www.komilla.com/pages/NadiGranth ... ology.html[/quote]

I have heard very different experiences about nads. More readings go wrong than right. I would rather not waste time chasing those. But if you have the time and money to spend, more power to you and tell us more when you have proof that nadis are based on astrological principles :-)

RR

pantulu

Past life

Post by pantulu » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:51 am

Dear sir,
I am basically interested in knowing about my past life so that I can see if there is any correlation with this life. I have just given the example because the proprietors of Financial Insstitutions like GNS Nidhi who have swallowed thousands of crores of rupees deposited by ordinary people have not been handled to extract the money. Nobody will believe if someone says the Chief Minister is not responsible. If common people's problems are not attended to, we have no right to call this a democracy. I have very good Tamilian friends and there is no linguistic consideration.
pantulu

rajitha

Post by rajitha » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:18 pm

Mr. Truth,
  Your story is very very interesting.
I also remember an old serial which used to come in Doordarshan. It was called " Honi Anhoni". It was based on real life incidents and even after so many years, I remember many episodes on it. It was based on re-incarnation and remembering previous life incidents.

In life, we see many such happenings which are beyond science and also astrology(as a predictive science).
The only way, according to me is nadi astrology since it is not based on anything. The specific happenings for each person is just written.

In my mother's family, my mom said that someone told my grandfather that due to some curse of serpant, one person in every generation in their family will not have kids and will not marry. One of my grandfather's brothers who was well educated commited suicide. Even close friends were not able to say why( no girl or exams or family life involved here).
In the next generation, one of my uncles did not marry.

We may trash the whole theory by saying it is coincidence but it is my personal feeling that there is something beyond all our knowledge and reasoning which cannot be reasoned.
It is futile to go in search of it but when such things happen, it serves as a reminder to us that there is something beyond normal humans.

Again, all the above is just my opinion which I am sharing with everyone.
Thanks.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:14 am

[quote="rajitha"]Mr. Truth,
  Your story is very very interesting.
I also remember an old serial which used to come in Doordarshan. It was called " Honi Anhoni". It was based on real life incidents and even after so many years, I remember many episodes on it. It was based on re-incarnation and remembering previous life incidents.

In life, we see many such happenings which are beyond science and also astrology(as a predictive science).
The only way, according to me is nadi astrology since it is not based on anything. The specific happenings for each person is just written.

In my mother's family, my mom said that someone told my grandfather that due to some curse of serpant, one person in every generation in their family will not have kids and will not marry. One of my grandfather's brothers who was well educated commited suicide. Even close friends were not able to say why( no girl or exams or family life involved here).
In the next generation, one of my uncles did not marry.

We may trash the whole theory by saying it is coincidence but it is my personal feeling that there is something beyond all our knowledge and reasoning which cannot be reasoned.
It is futile to go in search of it but when such things happen, it serves as a reminder to us that there is something beyond normal humans.

Again, all the above is just my opinion which I am sharing with everyone.
Thanks.[/quote]

Good post Rajitha!
And therein lies the problem! A theory that cannot be proven causes problems for most human minds. It does not mean that they are not recording or observing something real! Anyone who has witnessed a small or large miracle in life KNOWS what the problems are when trying to convey those to others who have not experienced!

And there are other factors that play a role and confound and must not be ignored before we turn our experience into a 'text book' if you catch my drift.

So, yes I accept reincarnation for it is the underpinning of jyotish that I have always accepted. But let us not automatically take that to mean that there will be SPECIFIC indicators in the chart that would reveal the past life experiences with a ten minute reading as some astrologers seem to be claiming and leading others to believe!

Mine was a word of caution, and not of disbelief or outright denial! The general public tends to assume a lot and all sincere jyotishis should not let that pass by unnoticed or uncommented. Often it does and for a long time in some places! Too long!!

Return to “Vedic Astrology”