MANTRA /GEM STONES ??? :smt017

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

asro

MANTRA /GEM STONES ??? :smt017

Post by asro » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:26 pm

To the learned Seers

What always boggles my mind is the Gem stones or the Mantra

Today most of the professional astrologers suggest gems (& or Mantra) to a  client. I have learnt that Gems are Rajasik methods while the mantras form the sattiv path.  

If we all know we are here to face the Karma (past /current) y do we fall for a Rajasik way (agreed to be effective) rather more pateint sattvic method to fullfill our karma??  

Also if i am not wrong, during the Raj jyotish times .. the only men who could  afford the gems  were the Kings and his nobles .. while the "aam junta"  followed the more pooja-path way  .. is it not good for all to be on that path ..

Though the buying power of Aam Aadmi (at least in India) is  on rise , is it not better for him to follow a sattvic path ??

Also a passing thought, will it be right to say,  by suggesting a Rajasik remedy does the astrologer call upon himself some karma (esp bad) ?? please correct me ...

warmly
Asro

astrosoul

Post by astrosoul » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:37 pm

Well the karmic cycle is also brought into effect even when a mantra is given.

However, people as clients seem more content and assured when prescribed a Gemstone rather than a Mantra - the latter in comparison may seem somewhat intangible kind of remedy or even tedious to follow, so probably commercial astrologers also resort to prescribing gemstones more frequently. however, if u study the various systems of gemstone prescription and apply them to a chart, u wud actually come across really few ones that 'can be' prescribed a gemstone with maximum possibility of no adverse effect (based on planetary/arudha placements).

Coming to mantras - again, it is also the 'purpose' for which mantra is being used - and that can shade the remedy (?) as Satvic/Rajasic/Tamasic.

ChanDubai

Post by ChanDubai » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:22 am

Dear All,

I am posting this below information which i read on the net in one of the
Yahoo group wrtten by learned and knowledgable astrolologer. And i
personally felt it is quite true and very good peice of advise..

Quote:

The point that we need to appreciate is that the current planetary
placments are due to past actions/karma, then guidance principle of any
remedial measure - is to strengthen the 5H or Lagna or 9H. A strong
Lagna would over come any weakness in the horoscope....with some levels
of persistence..

Well every planet has two signs in its ownership.....(except Sun and Moon)
you strengthen one planet...two signs get activitated further the opposite
signs also gets charged...... next consider charging 2H {money+ maraka }
then 8H gets activated, simlarly enhance 3H then it is 7H from 9H,
enhance 4H, then career gets effected, ...so on so forth....

Every gemstone has limited period of its effectiveness and need to be
changed or discarded..etc.. based on the changes in the dasha pattern.
If wearing some genuine stones could change the fortune, then Bill
Gates or his likes....should have been on on MOON by now........ This
remedies are for rich man.....so hindu astrology is more matured and
eternal has eternal remedies like mantras - which are numerous in
number......some are of eternal or generic overall effect - like vishnu
sahasranam, lalita sahasranam, stotras...etc.. for those whose have
special afflictions in horoscopes.....use of "kavach mantras" of good
help......they are cheap & best solutions for they only require the time
by the individual sincerity in the prayer is the essence...less
sincerity ...less purity...less effect...& vice versa. surely this mantras have
eternal effect....on the individual. Those who do not have time for it, do
not deserve remedies and should go through those planetary pain periods.
Unless the pain is experienced the law of karma does not get
neutralized.....the more headstrong you are....nature also equally more
headstrong in teaching you the lessons......so kindly bend and accept the
fate.

Unquote

Rgards

ChanDubai

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:59 am

[quote="ChanDubai"]Dear All,

I am posting this below information which i read on the net in one of the
Yahoo group wrtten by learned and knowledgable astrolologer. And i
personally felt it is quite true and very good peice of advise..

Quote:

The point that we need to appreciate is that the current planetary
placments are due to past actions/karma, then guidance principle of any
remedial measure - is to strengthen the 5H or Lagna or 9H. A strong
Lagna would over come any weakness in the horoscope....with some levels
of persistence..

Well every planet has two signs in its ownership.....(except Sun and Moon)
you strengthen one planet...two signs get activitated further the opposite
signs also gets charged...... next consider charging 2H {money+ maraka }
then 8H gets activated, simlarly enhance 3H then it is 7H from 9H,
enhance 4H, then career gets effected, ...so on so forth....

Every gemstone has limited period of its effectiveness and need to be
changed or discarded..etc.. based on the changes in the dasha pattern.
If wearing some genuine stones could change the fortune, then Bill
Gates or his likes....should have been on on MOON by now........ This
remedies are for rich man.....so hindu astrology is more matured and
eternal has eternal remedies like mantras - which are numerous in
number......some are of eternal or generic overall effect - like vishnu
sahasranam, lalita sahasranam, stotras...etc.. for those whose have
special afflictions in horoscopes.....use of "kavach mantras" of good
help......they are cheap & best solutions for they only require the time
by the individual sincerity in the prayer is the essence...less
sincerity ...less purity...less effect...& vice versa. surely this mantras have
eternal effect....on the individual. Those who do not have time for it, do
not deserve remedies and should go through those planetary pain periods.
Unless the pain is experienced the law of karma does not get
neutralized.....the more headstrong you are....nature also equally more
headstrong in teaching you the lessons......so kindly bend and accept the
fate.

Unquote

Rgards

ChanDubai[/quote]

From time immemorial, man and mankind have firmly believed and held on to this idea that Knowing/Knowldege alone shall free us ultimately and empower us! The range of KNOWING has ranged (!) from self-realization (atma-gyan) an arduous process through many lifetimes to the easy and dirty that involves black magic! I am not judging anyone for their personal beliefs! If you are okay with what you have embraced and it works, your ship has arrived!

Each journey unique, each path travelled for the first time beyond the point where the *guide book* ends  and the GPS signal dies ...

That is where the Yarrow stick of TRUST comes alive and as we hold on to the two limbs of the Y shaped stick, we focus intently on the single point that it really represents!

luckytsa

Post by luckytsa » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:33 pm

I thought that Karma was a chosen path to serve.. and that this is a form in Yoga.

asro

Post by asro » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:55 am

Hi to all

Thanx a lot to Chandubaiji and Rohiniji for sharing the perspective on the Mantra and Gem usage. Its for sure a persons will to chooose bet the Mantra or Gem  and  usage of either  is i guess to interefere with one's Karma. But when one is HERE to finish of his karma then  y not do it the right way. --- THe sattvic way.
I did read once  that  its nice to  get the gem chaged after some time as over period they loose their effect -- dunno how right this is .... but if it is .. then arent the Mantras the only BOON to Humankind as for years they have not lost power neither shall loose ne .....

warmly
Asro

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:40 pm

Hello,

Is it the stones or Mantra or the belief or knowledge of the problem which helps us as remedies?

If one is destined to be happily married from the age of 28, will Mantras or stones change it? The proper knowledge/undertanding and proper belief of the fact assists understanding and acceptance though it.

Mantras assist belief. Imagine a foreign native chanting mantras he/she does not understand the meaning of? His/her belief in the mantra works.

Stones are different... It works through wavelengths and colors.

My understanding.

Find the boon?

Or where I could have gone wrong?

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:53 pm

[quote="asro"]Hi to all

Thanx a lot to Chandubaiji and Rohiniji for sharing the perspective on the Mantra and Gem usage. Its for sure a persons will to chooose bet the Mantra or Gem  and  usage of either  is i guess to interefere with one's Karma. But when one is HERE to finish of his karma then  y not do it the right way. --- THe sattvic way.
I did read once  that  its nice to  get the gem chaged after some time as over period they loose their effect -- dunno how right this is .... but if it is .. then arent the Mantras the only BOON to Humankind as for years they have not lost power neither shall loose ne .....

warmly
Asro[/quote]

Asro,

Satwik is not the only or optimum way for all.

asro

Post by asro » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:32 pm

Hello,

Is it the stones or Mantra or the belief or knowledge of the problem which helps us as remedies?

If one is destined to be happily married from the age of 28, will Mantras or stones change it? The proper knowledge/undertanding and proper belief of the fact assists understanding and acceptance though it.

Mantras assist belief. Imagine a foreign native chanting mantras he/she does not understand the meaning of? His/her belief in the mantra works.

My understanding.

Find the boon?

RishiRahul

Hi Rishiji !!

this simple but thoughtful explanation does make me ponder more over  the main question !!! Rishiji  the mantras do assist or to say work better whn a person belives in them, but that the stone may  still work its miracles with or without belief. but then arnt we to put in" belief " at center rather than what simply works .. already the world suffers from "CHALTA Hai" attitude .. its already  intolerant to hard work rather to "shortcuts" ...   and i guess Astrology is more to do with faith rather than being a mere tool to evade some obstacle in life. I hope i am right.  

apart frm this .. i would like to know (cos i have no exp ) ppl here in Europe wear stones for jewelery, just for sake of fashion or some liking for the stone. Can such a stone cause any harm / good  to native ...  :smt017

warmly

Asro

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:26 am

[quote="asro"][quote]Hello,

My understanding.

Find the boon?

RishiRahul[/quote]

Hi Rishiji !!

this simple but thoughtful explanation does make me ponder more over  the main question !!! Rishiji  the mantras do assist or to say work better whn a person belives in them, but that the stone may  still work its miracles with or without belief. but then arnt we to put in" belief " at center rather than what simply works .. already the world suffers from "CHALTA Hai" attitude .. its already  intolerant to hard work rather to "shortcuts" ...   and i guess Astrology is more to do with faith rather than being a mere tool to evade some obstacle in life. I hope i am right.  

apart frm this .. i would like to know (cos i have no exp ) ppl here in Europe wear stones for jewelery, just for sake of fashion or some liking for the stone. Can such a stone cause any harm / good  to native ...  :smt017

warmly

Asro[/quote]

Dear friends,

This may sound like a dissonant note, particularly if read hurriedly without context, but perhaps all of the remedies are based on belief. Whether mantras or pooja, or charity, or penance or gemstones or healing energies (Reiki etc) are utilized to remedy a karmic dosha as figured out by jyotishis in a chart -- perhaps they all work through the inner healing mechanism given to us all, and invoked differently in individuals?

It is like the switch that turns on the light. Some switches are tactile (need flicking or touching electrostatic membrane switches), others are audio (clap and there is light, clap again and it goes off), some are on an auto-timer, others are triggered by tripping of an IR beam -- so many ways of triggering, but the same final effect: The Healing Light gets turned on!

All switches fail if we look hard enough for examples, but that does not diminish their usefulness as approaches or modalities, in well-selected individual cases ...

ChanDubai

Post by ChanDubai » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:34 am

Dear Asro Ji,

I personally experienced that Mantras are THE best remedies first you (person who recites) become more cool-minded day by day and this will obeviously increase your reasoning capcity and patience to see the problem or opportunity in broader perspective...

My experience with GEM stones

Y Sappaire- wore almost 1 and half yrs when my Guru MD started after that had sell it off Due to continued and increase in family and finance
problem..:-(

Pearl+Ruby (as suggested by one astrologer!!!!!) just wore for a week and lot of mental tensions so removed

RED CORAL - wore about 9 Months No improvements in personal and financial. Even lost Job!!! had to face sudden strife/disagreements with the employer apperantly for no reason!!!... so again seveare financial crunch and i had to SELL it for my survival to buy the Food!!! just happened 4 Months bak!!

Note: All these remedies i took guidance from paid and learned astrologer(s) and with the full faith/devotion..with the objective of making my life easier and peaceful!!!

Now turned to Mantras and finding it to be safe and sound

With regards

ChanDubai

asro wrote:Hi to all

warmly
Asro

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:49 am

Hi Rishiji !!

apart frm this .. i would like to know (cos i have no exp ) ppl here in Europe wear stones for jewelery, just for sake of fashion or some liking for the stone. Can such a stone cause any harm / good  to native ...

warmly

Asro[/quote]

Hello,

'BELIEF' affects in all remedies.

Belief in stones/mantras/other remedies gives confidence.

Day 1= We wake up feeling underconfident
Day2= We wake up feeling confident.

Out of these 2 days we are seen/known to perform better in day 2 where better productivity, decisions and progress is seen.

Reagarding your question regarding wearing stones for ornamental/astroloical reasons, stones for the latter is supposed to touch our skin and better if exposed to the Sun also.

Everystone has a good effect and a bad one. We have to choose the one with least bad effects. Our living environment, day to day environment is always affecting us in plusses and minuses. Similarly the radiation from stones do to, the colors of clothes we wear do to, the direction our house/home is in does to et.et.

Stones is another environmental factor among so many. People wearing stones for ornamental reasons certainly get some positive and negative vibrations of the stones.

See, benefics and malefics have natural and functional qualities. Stones too(as I feel, and am unsure whether this idea is given in the books) can be said to have natural and functional qualities.
ex: Natural quality of Red coral=good for piles and certain health matters
Functional quality=Whether it suits the native or not depending on astro analysis.

Do not just read what I said. Imagine and ponder;Maybe I could not explain well. (Mercury and moon in conjunction with aspect from  Saturn and Jupiter).

Hope I have been clear

RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:59 am

Hi Rishiji !!

warmly

Asro[/quote]

Dear friends,

This may sound like a dissonant note, particularly if read hurriedly without context, but perhaps all of the remedies are based on belief. Whether mantras or pooja, or charity, or penance or gemstones or healing energies (Reiki etc) are utilized to remedy a karmic dosha as figured out by jyotishis in a chart -- perhaps they all work through the inner healing mechanism given to us all, and invoked differently in individuals?

It is like the switch that turns on the light. Some switches are tactile (need flicking or touching electrostatic membrane switches), others are audio (clap and there is light, clap again and it goes off), some are on an auto-timer, others are triggered by tripping of an IR beam -- so many ways of triggering, but the same final effect: The Healing Light gets turned on!

All switches fail if we look hard enough for examples, but that does not diminish their usefulness as approaches or modalities, in well-selected individual cases ...[/quote]

Dear Dada,

Tht was a lovely explanation

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:46 pm

[quote="ChanDubai"]Dear Asro Ji,

I personally experienced that Mantras are THE best remedies first you (person who recites) become more cool-minded day by day and this will obeviously increase your reasoning capcity and patience to see the problem or opportunity in broader perspective...

Y Sappaire- wore almost 1 and half yrs when my Guru MD started after that had sell it off Due to continued and increase in family and finance

Pearl+Ruby (as suggested by one astrologer!!!!!) just wore for a week and lot of mental tensions so removed

RED CORAL - wore about 9 Months No improvements in personal and financial. Even lost Job!!! had to face sudden strife/disagreements with the employer apperantly for no reason!!!... so again seveare financial crunch and i had to SELL it for my survival to buy the Food!!! just happened 4 Months bak!!

Note: All these remedies i took guidance from paid and learned astrologer(s) and with the full faith/devotion..with the objective of making my life easier and peaceful!!!

With regards

ChanDubai

[quote="asro"]Hi to all

warmly
Asro[/quote][/quote]

Dear ChanDubai,

Just curious about something if you don't mind my asking. Were these gemstones purchased from the astrologers or from their recommended shops? Were you given the exact weight and advice about the quality? Were you given certain procedures to carry out prior to wearing the stones? Were the stones prescribed to be set in specific metal alloy rings (proportions of component metals) etc.?

Finally, were you told which hand and finger you should wear the rings on?

Private or public message, whichever you are comfortable with :-)

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:16 am

rohiniranjan wrote:
ChanDubai wrote:Dear Asro Ji,

With regards

ChanDubai

Dear ChanDubai,

Just curious about something if you don't mind my asking. Were these gemstones purchased from the astrologers or from their recommended shops? Were you given the exact weight and advice about the quality? Were you given certain procedures to carry out prior to wearing the stones? Were the stones prescribed to be set in specific metal alloy rings (proportions of component metals) etc.?

Finally, were you told which hand and finger you should wear the rings on?

Private or public message, whichever you are comfortable with :-)

To Dada and Chandubai,

Some questions I was asking myself in regard to the above mentioned quotes:=

How much can stones alter our life? Certainly they are not always empowered to give us jobs or make us lose jobs. Chandubai was always,possibly, having a difficult time losing and getting jobs.

If stones had so much power then what about the rich who wear stones for ornamental reasons and not in the fingers designated by astrologers.

The Rich people have more succesful and financially stable lives at least financially; maybe stones do affect them, but aeffect is marginal,when compared to their financially stable position.

If the sense in my immediately above para makes sense, which I find logical, I am given to beieve that the sharp effects that Chandubai had was to happen ordinarily destined   or  that the stones did not suit him.
Red coral can give sharper effects than Yellow saphire in terms of shar/sudden results. In fact Yellow sapphire is not known to give such sharrp results.

If I am destined to lose a job and face financial at a perticular time( meaning very very bad time) how much can a stone assist to avert that powerful incident.

My belief is that stones do help much in assisting our life, guiding our life, but when STONE ( the stearing of the car), while driving LIFE (the car) avert the Tornado or Tsunami always, particularly when it was to be a devastating tornado /tsunami.

Hope I acould make myself clearly understood.

RishiRahul

Return to “Vedic Astrology”