WHY? Who knows tha answer??

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

WHY? Who knows tha answer??

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:25 am

Why is it that of the dozens of classics and older jyotish literature, perhaps a hundred or more in count, in sansktrit, tamil and other languages -- why are there nearly no examples, no horoscopes, no data?

Isn't that strange?

Particularly given the fact that in other contemporary Hindu/Vedic scriptures, the general style seems to be one where analogies, examples are given sometimes in multiples to explain a point, to illustrate a point!

Why was the astrology of ancient Hindus as it has reached us in its scriptural form so "different" in style and devoid of analogies, examples and illustrations?

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:07 am

Astrology is complex science and it covers all walks of life. May be scholars of the classic text  were of the opinion that the gravity of the subject is so vast and were sure that each individual horoscope needs to be analysed on case to case basis instead of generalising.  Hence giving an example  , they would have thought not correct. Secondly, the knowledge and level of communication in Sanskrit between scholars was so high those days that  it requires no elucidation by example , unlike the modern day astrologer, whose thinking power is stunted . Time is yet another factor which was responsible for that. Those days Saints were able to visualise beyond thousands of years , but today in kaliyug , astrologer, cannot  view beyond certain period of time .The modern day astrologer require for each and every aspect some proof, which they call it scientific. The dexterity of the use of language was so great in those days, even today the best of the knowledge powered individual cannot clearly say what they meant. In the modern day humanity is very much confused, rather I would put it as confounded, with no sense of direction , unlike those days , when there was clarity of thinking and sense of direction. These days , an individual have to be directed and shown a path, while in those days who scripted in sanskrit  paved a path . Many more  reasons can be given

rajitha

Post by rajitha » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:44 pm

Great point Goverdhanji.

Also, I feel that in astrology, when you take a chart, 3 different astrologers would come up with 3 different explanations(today). And, if you do give an example of something using a chart, you can show multiple examples with same combination not producing same result. I am not blaming the science but it is due to the complexity where multiple things need to be examined to arrive at a conclusion which astrologers who took it up full time and mastered it in those days could do and many of us, who do it for various reasons, usually selfish cannot think about.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:59 pm

Dear Rajitha,

Maybe the different viewpoints  seen by the minds of different astrologers/people; and that is required. But all of them should not differ, and should help to bring a TOTAL WHOLE.

The science should never be blamed, but the human error may be held responsible.

Maybe we are not in poper tune with what my dada (R.R. ji) means.

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:31 am

[quote="RishiRahul"]Dear Rajitha,

Maybe the different viewpoints  seen by the minds of different astrologers/people; and that is required. But all of them should not differ, and should help to bring a TOTAL WHOLE.

The science should never be blamed, but the human error may be held responsible.

Maybe we are not in poper tune with what my dada (R.R. ji) means.

RishiRahul[/quote]

Assuming that Parashara was one of these Great Seers that earlier two respondants to this thread talked about and about those glorious times which we limited kaliyugi minds cannot even imagine about and thus should not take our imagined greatness of those times as what really happened back then!

If Parashara was one of the great minds then he definitely knew that astrology would survive in Kaliyuga (read in the chapter on ashtakavarga specially created for kaliyugi astrologers with their cloudy minds as he referred to them as I believe!

Now why such a great all knowing saint who was writing specifically for the Kaliyugi IQs not include a few examples at least in that chapter ;-)

And why the big difference in style between jyotish and other scriptural texts which are all revered and full of examples, illustrations, explanations, and analogies!

I wish someone truly connected with those sattwik times would channel some good and factual information for us dumb kaliyugis!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:41 am

[quote="rajitha"]...
Also, I feel that in astrology, when you take a chart, 3 different astrologers would come up with 3 different explanations(today)...
[/quote]

Rajitha,

Let us look at this statement you made. Here is what I understand from your statement:

=If you take the same chart to three astrologers independently
=They would give different explanations
=The (today) indicates that this phenomenon only happens in these times (today).

My simple question to you:

How can you be so sure that this did not happen in ancient times? :-)

Examples aside, even in the assignment of ashtakavarga rekhas, Varahamihira and Parashara differ! There are many other similar differences even in the PRINCIPLES! Surely that to a person with even kaliyugi intellect would indicate that there were differences even back in those golden times we dream of and talk about from ZERO DIRECT EXPERIENCE OR KNOWLEDGE THEREOF!

dariann69

Post by dariann69 » Fri May 09, 2008 2:17 pm

the only main difference in this viewpoint is the examples and further stretching of the readings they all end up the same just remember it is always up to you as an individual to understand what that meaning is saying to you , the reason they did not draw out the readings with examples and stuff then was there was no conflict in what the interpretation was it was viewed and said as plainly as possible and the meaning was taken as it was stated now we have so many ways of taking things it helps to understand by using different representations or examples

Return to “Vedic Astrology”