Timing of Events

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

astrochap

Timing of Events

Post by astrochap » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:53 am

I read an interesting article outlining a method to predict the timing of birth of siblings,children and marriage. I put it to test on a few horoscopes in my family and most of the stated conditions are matching (though not always all of them are). Here is the link:

http://www.futurepointindia.com/article ... Events.asp

Looking forward for comments and views on this topic.

Best Wishes,
Sagar

astrochap

Post by astrochap » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:18 pm

Hello everybody:

Just wanted to re-surface this topic. I understand that it is time consuming to put such rules to test but as a curious learner I wanted to know what the experts think about the rules.

Thanks again,
Sagar

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:46 am

[quote="astrochap"]Hello everybody:

Just wanted to re-surface this topic. I understand that it is time consuming to put such rules to test but as a curious learner I wanted to know what the experts think about the rules.

Thanks again,
Sagar[/quote]

BRAVO!

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:30 am

Dear Sagar,

thanks for sharing this  useful and interesting  link.

Regards

astrochap

Post by astrochap » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:07 am

rohiniranjan wrote:
astrochap wrote:Hello everybody:

Thanks again,
Sagar
BRAVO!
RRji, just a Bravo! ? :-)

Would love to hear your "full blown" comments on the article.

Thanks,
Sagar

astrochap

Post by astrochap » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:08 am

prasanna wrote:Dear Sagar,

thanks for sharing this  useful and interesting  link.

Regards
You are welcome Prasannaji!

-Sagar

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:41 am

[quote="astrochap"]RRji, just a Bravo! ? :-)

Thanks,
Sagar[/quote]

Sagar,

I do not comment and critique on other people's writings. Just as I would never critique the photographs of their children if they were to show me those.

Sorry to disappoint you...

RR

astrochap

Post by astrochap » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:36 pm

rohiniranjan wrote:
astrochap wrote:RRji, just a Bravo! ? :-)

Thanks,
Sagar

Sagar,

I do not comment and critique on other people's writings. Just as I would never critique the photographs of their children if they were to show me those.

RR
RRji, I did not necessarily mean for you to critique the article. I just wanted your opinion on the rules. Since you have vast experience I was wondering what your position would be about the transits mentioned. The article is based on research of one person, but generally speaking, have the scriptures mentioned specific Saturn, Jupiter transits for key events.

Unless experienced astrologers who have large databases of horoscopes test theories like these and take it a step further, theories which may hold water might die without reaching the masses.

Sagar

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:56 pm

Dear RRji,

i am also waiting to learn few things from your vast knowledge and experiences, just like Sagar,  here.  Shall we ?  I think mystic board is still not working properly in India? Because many are missing now.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:26 pm

I have a slightly different outlook on that Sagar ji. Despite many internal and external constrainers and confounders (jealously guarded but unused knowledge in gharanaas and paramparas and kools and schools; foreign invasion by individuals if not cultures that were bent upon destroying the native culture -- this seems to be a global human tendency as seen by invasion of many native cultures from ancient times to modern and in some cases even by the dominant newer religion which called astrology superstition and witchcraft!), astrology has survived and will always. It has a built-in self-cleansing property and no sage or one with vast knowledge (you made me laugh in embarassment, Sir!) or database (freely available -- that is one excuse no one should take shelter behind any longer!) is needed. Afterall, consider, how many horoscopes or practical instructions did ancient Sages leave for us? Astrology marches on happily still connected to its origins!

The day any of us stops looking at others for guidance and holding the lantern high and instead approaches each chart with a resolve to test the ancient scriptures something interesting happens. The dust that has collected over millennia gets blown away and the intensity of the jyoti grows and glows!

RR

[quote="astrochap"][quote="rohiniranjan"][quote="astrochap"]RRji, just a Bravo! ? :-)

Thanks,
Sagar[/quote]

Sagar,

RR[/quote]

RRji, I did not necessarily mean for you to critique the article. I just wanted your opinion on the rules. Since you have vast experience I was wondering what your position would be about the transits mentioned. The article is based on research of one person, but generally speaking, have the scriptures mentioned specific Saturn, Jupiter transits for key events.

Unless experienced astrologers who have large databases of horoscopes test theories like these and take it a step further, theories which may hold water might die without reaching the masses.

Sagar[/quote]

gaonkarswapnil

Would like to know more case study (examples)

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:54 pm

Dear astrochap ji

I liked your article but a request the case study shown are with the few parts of combination mentioned, as a learner of astrology would like to see more examples with related to the article and explanation

thank you

regards

swapnil

asro

Post by asro » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:27 pm

HI Sagar

Thanks for positing the link to such good article.  As mentioned by you , you have put the said principles to test. If so could you shed more light on the part where the author has  mentioned thet Sun and Moon may indicate the month or day for an event to occur. I shall be also tryin apply these principles to few charts that i have. I hope  we can discuss this futher.

warmly
Asro

astrochap

Re: Would like to know more case study (examples)

Post by astrochap » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:33 pm

gaonkarswapnil wrote:Dear astrochap ji

I liked your article but a request the case study shown are with the few parts of combination mentioned, as a learner of astrology would like to see more examples with related to the article and explanation

thank you

regards

swapnil
Swapnil, it is NOT "my" article. I came across the article when I was browsing the web and posted it here as I thought that the forum readers might be interested in it. The author information is on the page at the bottom of the article, you may contact him if you wish.

Best Wishes,
Sagar

astrochap

Post by astrochap » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:21 pm

asro wrote:HI Sagar

Thanks for positing the link to such good article.  As mentioned by you , you have put the said principles to test. If so could you shed more light on the part where the author has  mentioned thet Sun and Moon may indicate the month or day for an event to occur. I shall be also tryin apply these principles to few charts that i have. I hope  we can discuss this futher.

warmly
Asro
Asro,

Saturn stays in a house for ~2.5 years and Jupiter stays in a house for ~1 year. When Jupiter and Saturn are in a position fruitful for the event, typically you will have a 1-year period. With-in that one year time-period, Sun will transit through the twelve houses (~30 days each). The author means to say that, during the transit, when Sun is in a position where it is aspecting the house (for instance, III and V for siblings) or the lord of the house, that 30-day period (not a month per se) is when the event might become fruitful. Within the 30-day period if you want to pin-point the day, you should look for Moon's position where it aspects the respective house or the lord.

Hopefully it makes sense. If you find it confusing we can probably work with a case study.

Regards,
Sagar

asro

Post by asro » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:11 pm

Asro,

Saturn stays in a house for ~2.5 years and Jupiter stays in a house for ~1 year. When Jupiter and Saturn are in a position fruitful for the event, typically you will have a 1-year period. With-in that one year time-period, Sun will transit through the twelve houses (~30 days each). The author means to say that, during the transit, when Sun is in a position where it is aspecting the house (for instance, III and V for siblings) or the lord of the house, that 30-day period (not a month per se) is when the event might become fruitful. Within the 30-day period if you want to pin-point the day, you should look for Moon's position where it aspects the respective house or the lord.

Hopefully it makes sense. If you find it confusing we can probably work with a case study.

Regards,
Sagar

Sagar ,

A case study shall truly help me clearing the confusion. I tried applying the rules and they did work out. But  regarding moon and sun .. i still remain confused.

warmly
asro

Return to “Vedic Astrology”