Timing of Events

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

astrochap

Post by astrochap » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:47 pm

asro wrote: Sagar ,

A case study shall truly help me clearing the confusion. I tried applying the rules and they did work out. But  regarding moon and sun .. i still remain confused.

warmly
asro
Asro,

It would probably help us better if we walk through the horoscope(s) you used to apply the rules. If you don't want to discuss the horoscope details, please let me know which event you were looking at and I will help you figure it out.

-Sagar

asro

Post by asro » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:17 am

It would probably help us better if we walk through the horoscope(s) you used to apply the rules. If you don't want to discuss the horoscope details, please let me know which event you were looking at and I will help you figure it out.

-Sagar

Hi Sagar

I guess your are right we shall read thru a  chart which might clear out my confusions. Here are details of a Native

21st Sept 1983
6.10 pm
Mumbai

This a chart of native who is not married, but i was  looking to time his marriage. This is bcos the native has Sat (Exalted LL) in 7th house in navamsha. Mar in 7th house in Natal chart along with Ve and  retro Mer.  The 7th lord Sun in 8th house.    While Jup and moon in 6-8 relation in the navamsha. Here am struggling to apply these principles.

warmly
Asro

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:03 pm

I think you can refer book by Sanjay rath ji :- Vimshottari dasa and Udu dasa or
KN Rao ji :- Timing events thru Vimshottari dasa with quite good examples
to better understand vimshottar dasa.

Regards,
Raman

asro

Post by asro » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:09 am

I think you can refer book by Sanjay rath ji :- Vimshottari dasa and Udu dasa or

Regards,
Raman

HI Raman,

I actualy am using the Vim Dasha book by K N Rao. It's really nice and simple book. But here Sagar introduced to a new concept (atleast to me) with which i had  few doubts. I guess you will also find it interesting.

warmly
Asro

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:43 am

Hi asro,
I think u r getting mis lead coz sagar is mainly talking about gochar and you r
talking about dasa.What u have to understand is that both have to be considered
simultaneously..

Like i said before effect of saturn and jupiter jointly on 5th lord or house will give you
child in one year of their transit..Here u r considering gochar and not dasa.So have to understand both of them to get on conclusion..VERY GENERALLY speaking dasa gives u result and gochar adds or reduces onto it..

But since u reading Vimshottari dasa first read it and when u understand it then get onto gochar..
I hope i was helpful :-)

Regards,
Raman

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:58 am

[quote="Raman Deep Singh"]...VERY GENERALLY speaking dasa gives u result and gochar adds or reduces onto it...[/quote]

I did not understand that, Raman. Please Explain!

RR

asro

Post by asro » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:59 am

Hi Raman

BINGO ! U have hit the nail on the head ! .. truly that was i what had confused with . thanx a million cos otherwise i wuld have been still in that mess. Now i get it one is gochar (which i still have very less knowldge of) and other is the Std Vim dasa.  I guess a lot of things shall be cleared now.

and yes it was totaly helpfull.

warmly
Asro

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:59 am

Dear Rohiniranjan ji,
I knew you gona ask me same  ;-)..Now i think im able to predict you little :-D now please dont take it litreally... LOL
What i actually meant was,in general we have to consider both dasa and gochar to decide the result and its extent which native can get in particular time frame.. But as it is said by KN Rao ji that over emphasis of gochar is like counting feather rather than bird itself...(though there has been few exceptions to this that is why i said  VERY GENERALLY speaking).

I will try to give you an analogy to make things clear.If native is supposed to get a particular raise in salary as per dasa and gochar is not so favourable then,though he will get raise coz of dasa but raise wont be as high as per expectation.

This is wat i actually meant.If im very wrong please rectify me and ELABORATELY tell what u think :-D

Regards,
Raman

astrochap

Post by astrochap » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:41 pm

Raman Deep Singh wrote:I think you can refer book by Sanjay rath ji :- Vimshottari dasa and Udu dasa or

Regards,
Raman
Raman, thanks for the references. My interest in astrology started recently and I am still soaking the knowledge available on the net. I need to buy a few books on my next visit to India.

Thanks again,
Sagar

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:01 pm

Nice to know that i was able to help you..U can also buy them online there r quite a few sites from where u can buy
vedic astrology books....

Raman

astrochap

Post by astrochap » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:16 pm

Raman Deep Singh wrote:Hi asro,
I think u r getting mis lead coz sagar is mainly talking about gochar and you r
talking about dasa.What u have to understand is that both have to be considered
simultaneously..

Like i said before effect of saturn and jupiter jointly on 5th lord or house will give you
child in one year of their transit..Here u r considering gochar and not dasa.So have to understand both of them to get on conclusion..VERY GENERALLY speaking dasa gives u result and gochar adds or reduces onto it..

But since u reading Vimshottari dasa first read it and when u understand it then get onto gochar..
I hope i was helpful :-)

Regards,
Raman
I agree with you Raman. The article does mention that the fruitful dasha times when coupled with favorable transits yield the results.

-Sagar

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:14 pm

Dear Sagar,

You need not wait for long time, to go to India  and buy astro books.Let me give u the link, as u are in US now ,you can buy books through Amazon.com., in cheaper  price .  My son bought me the book, INtegrated approach to Vedic Astrology through this way.

http://www.vedicbooks.net/faq.php?osCsi ... f351a90#16

http://www.vedicbooks.net/vedic-astrolo ... -1892.html

I think these links can be useful to many here .Thanks .

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:41 pm

[quote="Raman Deep Singh"]Dear Rohiniranjan ji,
I knew you gona ask me same  ;-)..Now i think im able to predict you little :-D now please dont take it litreally... LOL...
Regards,
Raman[/quote]

Thanks bandhu! Looks like my job here is done ;-)

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:16 am

Dear Rohiniranjan ji,

But i would still like your comment or advise over what i said.
Hope to get something from you.
You r right we can definetely get better score by playing with players better than you :-D be it ping pong or be it Jyotish.
Regards,
Raman

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:32 am

[quote="Raman Deep Singh"]Dear Rohiniranjan ji,

But i would still like your comment or advise over what i said.
Hope to get something from you.
You r right we can definetely get better score by playing with players better than you :-D be it ping pong or be it Jyotish.
Regards,
Raman[/quote]

I will try when I have enough time for that.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”