Hi!

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Chaaya-Neeta

Hi!

Post by Chaaya-Neeta » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:16 pm

I joined this board yesterday. I am interested in Jyotish though I do not know much about it.

I was going through some of the posts here and was very pleased to find people learning and discussing Jyotish seriously. Wanted to express my appreciation for those who made this possible - moderators and members.

Hoping to be one among you and wishing all a peaceful day,
Chaaya-Neeta

projenator

Post by projenator » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:32 pm

Welcome ! For a start, google can also help apart from the discussions here.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:36 pm

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum

site moderator

mietooo

Post by mietooo » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:24 pm

Welcome glad you are here.  We can learn together.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:53 am

projenator wrote:Welcome ! For a start, google can also help apart from the discussions here.
You are right, proj!

When it comes to applied crafts like astrology, the pyramid consists of:

Learn where you are
Learn where you come from
Learn where you want to go!

Aaj (1), KAL(9) and Kal (5)

Until the baby separates from parents and has an ego (1), it does not even begin to appreciate the source/parent/beginnings (9) and when it is at peace with those two CRITICAL and ESSENTIAL pods, does the jyotishi begin to PRODUCE (5).

Welcome Chaaya-Neeta to this dysfunctional family! I am usually the convenient scapegoat!

RR

RajeevSharma

Post by RajeevSharma » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:29 am

rohiniranjan wrote:
Welcome Chaaya-Neeta to this dysfunctional family! I am usually the convenient scapegoat!

RR
:smt046

dada ur quote made me remember of my college days... i was accused of something i never did... the priniple really tore me to pieces... i was really pissed off... when i came out of her office,  a guy ... new to the campus..  asked me that he wants to meet some responsible person... a collegue who was with me all along... pointed towards me and said "meet him... he is the most responsible person... watever happens on this campus ... he is held responsible for it"

"badnam hon to kya naam na hoga.... "

Chaaya-Neeta

Post by Chaaya-Neeta » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:19 pm

One question, if I may. Is there any provision here to share data?

Thanks everyone for making me feel comfortable.
Chaaya-Neeta

projenator

Post by projenator » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:35 pm

I am sorry I don't understand your question. Can you please elaborate ? Do you mean "data" as in astrological databases ?

thanks and regards,

Chaaya-Neeta

Post by Chaaya-Neeta » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:03 pm

I mean birth details.

I was reading that thread that had the birth data of Prof K.S.Krishnamurti. I was wondering if it is possible to get birth details of other eminent astrologers as well, in one place. I am aware that many birth details float around in the internet and was hoping that if they are collected in this forum, then perhaps it would be more likely that they are correct.

And not only astrologers but also birth details belonging to other professions and interests.

Thanks for bearing with me.
Chaaya-Neeta

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:35 pm

Chaaya-Neeta wrote:I mean birth details.

I was reading that thread that had the birth data of Prof K.S.Krishnamurti. I was wondering if it is possible to get birth details of other eminent astrologers as well, in one place. I am aware that many birth details float around in the internet and was hoping that if they are collected in this forum, then perhaps it would be more likely that they are correct.

And not only astrologers but also birth details belonging to other professions and interests.

Thanks for bearing with me.
Chaaya-Neeta
For that it is best to go with reliable databases. I will see if I can find a list of those with URLs. You can try googling too -- for astrodatabank, IDEA, Taeger, Steinbrecher

RR

projenator

Post by projenator » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:57 pm

http://www.astrodatabank.com/

Astrology software shop is not doing too well and is in a transitory phase. I talked with Rich Smoot, the president a month ago and he told me they will have a new owner soon

Out of these, I felt astrodatabank was the most extensive and had the best mining capabilities.

The following link has the entire list

http://astroqueer.tripod.com/databases.html

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:15 pm

projenator wrote:http://www.astrodatabank.com/

Astrology software shop is not doing too well and is in a transitory phase. I talked with Rich Smoot, the president a month ago and he told me they will have a new owner soon

Out of these, I felt astrodatabank was the most extensive and had the best mining capabilities.

The following link has the entire list

http://astroqueer.tripod.com/databases.html

Proj,

That is the norm of Duniya! Resources that are not supported by the community (of astrology buffs) would go down, one by one! Software, databases, books ...

Nothing surprising I suppose :-)

Fantastic list of d/bs (a keeper!). Tussi Great ho Bhappay ;-)

Chaaya-Neeta

Post by Chaaya-Neeta » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:47 pm

Thanks everybody for all the help!

Chaaya-Neeta

gaonkarswapnil

BPHS

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:17 pm

dear chaaya-neeta

Welcome to the forum as a learner myself i would like to suggest you that read the basics first from the vedic astrology learning section, BPHS and also note to follow the postings in the forum of astrologers here

regards

swapnil

Chaaya-Neeta

Re: BPHS

Post by Chaaya-Neeta » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:46 pm

Thanks Swapnil for your kindness!  :)

Chaaya-Neeta

Return to “Vedic Astrology”