CRISIS or simply reality (Deal with it!)?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

CRISIS or simply reality (Deal with it!)?

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:32 am

When will I get married guruji and will it be love marriage?When will I get settled and find a permanent job?
When will we get a child?
When will I become an astrologer?

FOUR of the many questions, at least one of which bothers a non-astrologer here!

The last one bothers me!

If you had to ask and needed to be told, aren't you queued up @ the wrong ride?

RR

Youdah
Astrology Reader

Post by Youdah » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:17 am

When I say what I want to say, my answer would be that you'll never be a good astrologer (if you have to ask)!  When I'm trying to be more tactful, I'd have to say that no one ever learns it all, but to just keep working at it, as long as it interests you.  

But, being more thoughtful, I'd have to say that these are young people who do not have the wisdom of years to realize that all endeavors take much time and work...so they want a date or a marker of some kind to know how much longer they have to work at it before they're any good...like a graduation ceremony or a certificate to announce that they are finally "there."

Then, when I'm just being me, I'd have to say, does it really matter at all if they become an astrologer?  :)  Outside of the benefits that I don't have to pay an astrologer to tell me when I'll be successful at my job or find a love marriage, the benefits are few...so go work at being a CEO or financial counselor instead then you won't have to worry about the rest.

Reality is over-rated anyway.  If I was any good, I'd know when to buy a winning lottery ticket.

projenator

Re: CRISIS or simply reality (Deal with it!)?

Post by projenator » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:30 pm

rohiniranjan wrote:

RR

Funny  :smt003

Bhagwan ka naam pein kuch bhi de dein baba. Ladki nahi dilaya, paise nahi dilaya, kam se kam astrologer to bana dein.

[God, please let me have something, if not a girl, not money, then make me a astrologer at least ]

sandhu.jp

Post by sandhu.jp » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:46 pm

Dear all,

I would ask the seekers of astrologer question to measure up to these parameters.

Knowledge is where
The passion is,
The resolve is.
The patience is.
The quest is,
The understanding is,
The humbleness is,
A little bit of skepticism is,
An urge is,
Last but least is an ability to transfer and decipher.

Regards

J.s.sandhu

projenator wrote:
rohiniranjan wrote:

RR

Funny  :smt003

Bhagwan ka naam pein kuch bhi de dein baba. Ladki nahi dilaya, paise nahi dilaya, kam se kam astrologer to bana dein.

[God, please let me have something, if not a girl, not money, then make me a astrologer at least ]

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:17 pm

sandhu.jp wrote:Dear all,

I would ask the seekers of astrologer question to measure up to these parameters.

Knowledge is where
The passion is,
The resolve is.
The patience is.
The quest is,
The understanding is,
The humbleness is,
A little bit of skepticism is,
An urge is,
Last but least is an ability to transfer and decipher.

Nice list Sandhuji! The only thing I would suggest is to reverse the order of the two elements in the last line!
"... ability to decipher and transfer"!

Regards,

RR

JaiDixit

Post by JaiDixit » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:54 pm

RRji,

What do have to say about people who ask the frequently asked question " Can I become an astrologer ? " followed by birth details ?
They may be in crisis ;)

Jai

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:28 pm

JaiDixit wrote:RRji,

What do have to say about people who ask the frequently asked question " Can I become an astrologer ? " followed by birth details ?
They may be in crisis ;)

Jai
or bored? So many possibilities. Dilli ka laddoo hai bhai...

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:16 am

Youdah wrote:When I say what I want to say, my answer would be that you'll never be a good astrologer (if you have to ask)!  When I'm trying to be more tactful, I'd have to say that no one ever learns it all, but to just keep working at it, as long as it interests you.  

But, being more thoughtful, I'd have to say that these are young people who do not have the wisdom of years to realize that all endeavors take much time and work...so they want a date or a marker of some kind to know how much longer they have to work at it before they're any good...like a graduation ceremony or a certificate to announce that they are finally "there."

Then, when I'm just being me, I'd have to say, does it really matter at all if they become an astrologer?  :)  Outside of the benefits that I don't have to pay an astrologer to tell me when I'll be successful at my job or find a love marriage, the benefits are few...so go work at being a CEO or financial counselor instead then you won't have to worry about the rest.

Reality is over-rated anyway.  If I was any good, I'd know when to buy a winning lottery ticket.

Or to not throw good money and dreams after a pursuit of that magnitude that is not to be ;-)  Either way one gains money!!

Astrology has a heuristic benefit. When learned dispassionately it opens a part of the brain and its function: mind. The part that I have always sensed as the I/O port that connects the spiritual with the mental reality. Such an OPENing can bring more balance in one's life. Balance is about equanimity. Equanimity is the key to a meditative state. Studying charts can make some attain that state without breathing exercises and postures or hard exercises of all mental and physical kind. No many perhaps view or use astrology that way. It is one of the best tools for 'expectation-management' and frees up the mind to attain other things. Like the libra sign and its sensitive and precarious balance, it is delicate and sensitive. I will stop there.

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:03 am

rohiniranjan wrote:
Youdah wrote:When I say what I want to say, my answer would be that you'll never be a good astrologer (if you have to ask)!  When I'm trying to be more tactful, I'd have to say that no one ever learns it all, but to just keep working at it, as long as it interests you.  

Or to not throw good money and dreams after a pursuit of that magnitude that is not to be ;-)  Either way one gains money!!

Astrology has a heuristic benefit. When learned dispassionately it opens a part of the brain and its function: mind. The part that I have always sensed as the I/O port that connects the spiritual with the mental reality. Such an OPENing can bring more balance in one's life. Balance is about equanimity. Equanimity is the key to a meditative state. Studying charts can make some attain that state without breathing exercises and postures or hard exercises of all mental and physical kind. No many perhaps view or use astrology that way. It is one of the best tools for 'expectation-management' and frees up the mind to attain other things. Like the libra sign and its sensitive and precarious balance, it is delicate and sensitive. I will stop there.
Got that this time...even if it wasnt directed at the third house.

Deep regards
MJ

Rohiniranjan

Since you introduced the THIRD!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:14 am

soulsearch wrote:
rohiniranjan wrote:

Got that this time...even if it wasnt directed at the third house.

Deep regards
MJ
Then you must be IT! Or a computer nerd at the very least!

Some astrological traditions place intellect, communication, (effort/bravery), understanding of logical concepts into the III domain (that is the 3rd and not EGO raised to the third power exponentially ;-))

Third is merely the bhavat-bhavam of the 2nd. The finer expression of the 'KOSHA'!

Please Elaborate if you have the time,

RR

soulsearch

Re: Since you introduced the THIRD!

Post by soulsearch » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:17 am

rohiniranjan wrote:
Then you must be IT! Or a computer nerd at the very least!

Some astrological traditions place intellect, communication, (effort/bravery), understanding of logical concepts into the III domain (that is the 3rd and not EGO raised to the third power exponentially ;-))

Third is merely the bhavat-bhavam of the 2nd. The finer expression of the 'KOSHA'!

Please Elaborate if you have the time,

RR
Still trying to figure it out and writing something when the world economy is being watched here.

Third house might stand for so many things which I dont think I would be able to explain and do not want to copy and paste.

Third house is also the 12th to the fourth house  (where peace of mind and happiness is indicated amongst many others)

Do correct me if I am wrong, Koshas are like layers of appearances ( again real or unreal based on human experiences) that need to be understood (by courage( 3rd house) to understand the energies of the 2nd house ( optimism).
Balance is about equanimity. Balancing energies comes to my mind.

I am sure there are many combinations...and would really like your thoughts on the same.

Regards
MJ

ETA : Digressing from the third house and sharing some thoughts
Human beings are energy beings...some particles of energy exuded are more and some are less which can cause disharmony to the being at all or any of the three levels- physical,mental and spiritual.

Disharmony at any level can cause disbalance and can result in negativity...in the form of sickness ,behavioral disorders, obsession,addictions or something as simple as arrogance,hate,fixated opinions.

Now the area that exudes a certain amount of energy can be based on the transit or dasha prevalent or not.To fine tune a certain energy (harmony viz a viz the whole chart) level whether visible or latent can be approached through a portal. The portal can be through an aspect,nakshatra lordship or any other association with another planet or house or rashi.
...rambling over....

Rohiniranjan

Re: Since you introduced the THIRD!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:53 pm

soulsearch wrote:Still trying to figure it out and writing something when the world economy is being watched here.

Third house might stand for so many things which I dont think I would be able to explain and do not want to copy and paste.

Third house is also the 12th to the fourth house  (where peace of mind and happiness is indicated amongst many others)

Do correct me if I am wrong, Koshas are like layers of appearances ( again real or unreal based on human experiences) that need to be understood (by courage( 3rd house) to understand the energies of the 2nd house ( optimism).
Balance is about equanimity. Balancing energies comes to my mind.

I am sure there are many combinations...and would really like your thoughts on the same.

Regards
MJ

ETA : Digressing from the third house and sharing some thoughts
Human beings are energy beings...some particles of energy exuded are more and some are less which can cause disharmony to the being at all or any of the three levels- physical,mental and spiritual.

Disharmony at any level can cause disbalance and can result in negativity...in the form of sickness ,behavioral disorders, obsession,addictions or something as simple as arrogance,hate,fixated opinions.

Now the area that exudes a certain amount of energy can be based on the transit or dasha prevalent or not.To fine tune a certain energy (harmony viz a viz the whole chart) level whether visible or latent can be approached through a portal. The portal can be through an aspect,nakshatra lordship or any other association with another planet or house or rashi.
...rambling over....
You are probably thinking of the 'pranamaya kosha', "anandmaya kosha" etc, the vessels or bodies or layers that are described in some scriptures. I was not referring to those but just the term kosha (singular) to imply treasury as I indicated in earlier message :-)

Fourth is mother and 3rd is younger brother. How would that represent 'loss to' mother although in the book of sibling rivalry it would mean in some cases 'loss of mother' ;-)

This house as lagna principle or for that matter any "derived" house must not be too loosely and freely applied for it can lead one astray as in this case! Particularly when applied in isolation.

On the other hand if you look at it in a different way it may be interpreted differently.

Mother metaphorically is giver of peace and dependence and being taken care of, as a baby takes for granted. When the third is activated, then personal effort is activated and that inevitably results in moving away from a position of dependence (4) and peace (4) at least initially. With independence comes responsibility for success and failure.

These sorts of hints should not be applied as is stated in hindi as "gahey begahay", verbatim and without being surrounded by understanding and taking the milieu of influences into consideration.

Please do not misunderstand me. I am not trying to teach you or critiquing your belief or understanding of astrology etc. Just being my cautious self when it comes to astrology :-)

RR

Return to “Vedic Astrology”