Retrograde planet

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Bhuwan Agrawal

Post by Bhuwan Agrawal » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:03 pm

There are a lot of theories about Retrograde planets. You can find variations in Dr Raman's work and others. Based upon our original Shashtras RET benefics become more powerful and RET malefics become more malefic. The detailed analysis can be done by using Shadbala and BAV.You can test in your own chart to see how the antardasa of the planet faired for you. You will find that RET planets are indeed powerful, you just have to use their energies properly. e.g RET Saturn people will get good lesson of Libra but they are the most intuitive and brilliant people, I have tested them in many charts.
Follow the original work whenever in doubt so that the efforts are not side tracked or blocked half way to make further progress.

whitey

Post by whitey » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:14 pm

what about saturn in sagittarius in retrograde motion. If saturn is in a jupiter sign that is good right ? . But if its moving towards scorpio . Which the saturn is not well placed in.  In warren buffet's chart ,Saturn is in sagittarius and is in retrograde motion. and in opposite of the saturn there is jupiter with mars effect the houses in direct motion. His birth chart is prtty interesting. and an other interesting place saturn can be placed is in capricorn in retrograde motion. Saturn is its own house. When it retrogrades it effects sagittarius ..  I am not sure. I would love for someone to shed some light on this matter.. :D

regards whitey

manali_thakar

Post by manali_thakar » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:45 am

Dear Angeli_devil,
Mercury Retrograde
* reconsiders before speaking
* lots of inner conversation and thoughts
* expresses self better in writing
* feels misunderstood
Mercury retrograde in your natal chart suggests that you may be dealing with old lessons about the negative consequences of uninhibited speech. Motives mean a lot to you. You could find yourself attracting more than your share of criticism or opposition to your ideas, but if you let that stop you from speaking your mind, you are essentially inhibiting yourself from communicating. You can learn to overcome your fears. Most other people are actually more concerned with how the world sees them than they are about what they think about you. Apply your curiosity, flexibility, and take an active interest in the welfare or interests of people around you. Half of your ability comes from listening! If speaking to groups of people makes you nervous, let your thoughts escape into the outside world by writing. Make small talk wherever possible about any topics of interest, while you boost your self confidence and begin to overcome your hesitance of expounding your personal views in public.
Well placed mercury retrograde bestows a brilliant mind. Though the result will not be usual.
These people absorb thoughts & ideals through osmosis rather than careful, deliberate study. Own best teacher. Tendency to question what others accept as gospel. More capable of dealing with abstractions & impressions than those with Mercury direct.

Retrograde Saturn:
Saturn Retrograde
* feels they're never good enough inside
* indulgent outward behavior may mask inner feelings of inadequacy
* hides fears
Saturn retrograde in your natal chart, indicates that you are likely to have been abused by those with power over you, perhaps having faced unfair situations at home. You may need to declare personal boundaries, to work out conflicts with authority on a karmic scale. You could feel that fate conspires against your desires but it’s really you putting the brakes on through feelings of persecution or inhibition in the house where it is placed until you work out how to face doing or confronting whoever or whatever it is that threatens you. Your lesson is one of patience and steady application of hard work as you overcome the impatient urge to cut corners. Everything you gain will be hard won but you will eventually succeed, win the respect of others and actually can shine where you faced difficulties before.
Saturn in a chart, regardless of where one finds it, always represents the neglect of responsibilities in the past or previous life. With a retrograde Saturn, the native comes into the current life, with a tendency to carry forward the same goals that he had left unfinished in the previous life as not fulfilled.

Saturn in 4th house:
The failure would have been related to mother, education, residence etc. The native would have neglected or abused human feelings. Regardless of the effort required, the individual should establish proper home facilities and create a constructive atmosphere at home and surroundings.

As it is In libra so it also indicate that native avoided responsibility of spouse or other things related to libra.
These people nearly always grave doubts about their worthiness as human beings. Can be very childlike in their behavior & fearful of taking chances. This is an ego-reducing kind of situation. There is usually a subconscious fear of rejection & of loss. Their limitations & responsibilities are self-imposed. This is probably the most difficult retrograde.

This is just general result exact result can be find out after checking all the placement and details of chart.

Bhuwan Agrawal

Post by Bhuwan Agrawal » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:09 am

Let's summarize in two sentences so that it's easy to remember. I am just taking an example of Saturn and same logic applies to all planets.

1. You will have to learn karmic lessons in the area of life wherever SA is placed
2. RET SA is more powerful means more brilliance and more karmic lessons
3. RET SA will have high Ishtaphala implies they can deal with adversity easily
4. They become highly popular in career if supported by karaka JU/SU.

Rest all details can be used for character evaluation as done in western astrology but in predictive techniques it helps to be precise and accurate.
Let me give an example of RET MARS
1. Extremely honest and outspoken will fight till death for duty
2. Could be very aggressive and can be in trouble time to time but they can become sportsmen even in confinement.
3. They easily handle adversities due to thir actions due to high Ishtaphala.

Jhanvi

Post by Jhanvi » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:51 am

Hi, I just wanted to ask, quite generally, abt saturn retro in 3rd house??? I would love to get a view from you Manali, or anyone else. I have gemini lagna, with most planets in 3rd, jupiter, rahu, mars, retro saturn....i know pretty bad.. I just wanted to add that for the past 2 years, siblings have been a extreme source of worry for me....most astrologers are shocked to see that i have surviving siblings, which makes me quite sad....i hope nothing bad ever happens to them...my elder sis is suffering and we are suffering with her, we fear we might lose her. Anyway sorry abt goin on and on. Just pls do give some info on saturn retro in leo, 3rd house...gemini lagna.
 Thanks    :smt010

asro

Post by asro » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:48 am

Hi Manali and Bhuwanji

Thanks to you both for the lucid information. Could you also share  how does the retro planet in sign of exaltation or neecha shed its effects ?

warmly
Asro

astroboy13

Post by astroboy13 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:44 am

hi manali...nice article uve psted...

now let us suppose that there is a retrograde saturn in scorpio... now its heading towards its exaltation sign ie. libra..so how will it behave??? will it give positive or neative effects??

and suppose this retrograde saturn in scorpio is vargottam..then wat results will it give in general?

manali_thakar

Post by manali_thakar » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:05 am

Dear jhanvi,
Saturn in retrogression in the Sign Leo shows that the native avoided responsibility of leadership.

3rd House: There was undoubtedly an avoidance of responsibility concerning brothers and sisters. The native’s mental attitude would have been wanting, since he would not have made effort for self-development and communicating with others. The current life, in all possibility, will be marked by consistent need on the part of these family members concerning the 3rd house. The native will accept the responsibility, whether he is able to execute or not.

Your problem may be because of  dosha:

3rd house is a maran karak sthan for Jupiter. And moreover Jupiter is in conjunction with three malefic rahu, Saturn and mars. So it is a curse of Brahmin. And because of 3malefic in 3rd house your third house is also in curse. That is the reason of  suffering.

Jupiter in maran karak sthan:
3rd is the house of Parakrama (bravery), Maithuna (copulation) and Death. Mars is the karaka of 3rd house, showing parakrama; because it is the sign of Maithuna, Rahu gets exalted in this house in the natural Zodiac and Jaimini says 3rd is the house of death (Dinau Dine Punya).
Jupiter, being the Devaguru, by nature is a peace-loving planet who signify harmony, universal brotherhood (Vasudaiva Kutumbakam) and wisdom. When such a planet goes to the house of parakrama, he is rendered ineffective under the violent temper of Mars. This is why Jupiter gets debilitated where Mars gets exalted. He can’t withstand the violence of Mars.

Jupiter being a karaka for dharma, becomes very uncomfortable when it goes to the house of copulation. Like Sun who is rendered ineffective in the house of pleasures of Bed, Jupiter is also rendered ineffective in the house of sex.

Jupiter is again the prana of the Life force and hence also called the Jiva, where as Mars is the Mrityu karaka. When Jupiter goes to the 3rd house, the house of death, the life force diminishes, more so under the effect of Karaka Mars.

When we look at the ayana of planets we see that the ayana of Rahu is opposite to that of Jupiter. Hence wherever Rahu is strong, Jupiter is rendered weak. In the Kalachakra we see that the Kala of the Dik goveren by Jupiter, is ruled by Jupiter and hence any Jupiterian activity is prohibited in the Rahu Kala.

Guru is a spiritual Guide and he hates to sit in the house of sexual copulation. 3rd house is also the house of astra or the weapons which are used for protection or war. Guru dispise wars and fightings since his weapon is Mala.

Mars in 3rd house:
Case of  karako bhavo nashyate. So it  affects younger siblings.
karako bhavo nashate:
When the significator planet (Sanskrit "karaka") of a major life experience occupies the house which also signifies that major life experience, the matters of that house are damaged.  

Typically the normal patterns of the occupied house are quite overwhelmed by intense, dominating personality of the spouse,  relative, or other agent whom is signified by the karaka planet.  By means of the excessive demands of the spouse/relative/agent, the native experiences "too much spouse" or "too much father" etc.  Despite potentially good external appearances, matters of the house are internally "destroyed".
example:
Guru in 5th house: " too much creativity" gives huge literary & artistic production which overwhelms the natural re-productive instincts; thus few or no children.  (Can be wonderfully gifted, childless teachers.) The native is typically open-minded, warm-hearted and generous, but they tend to distribute their largesse throughout their community rather than focusing on a single family.

Rahu in 3rd house:
It is also bad for younger sibling.

Shani, Rahu and Mangal in 3rd house tend to ruin the upadesha and break the knowledge process. In such cases, a person will not be given Guru’s knowledge. That is why these planets in either 3rd or 9th are considered very bad for spiritual life.

manali_thakar

Post by manali_thakar » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:06 am

dear astroboy,
Saturn retrograde in scorpio shows negation of  balance and stability on a deeper or psychic level in past life. Other factors depends on ascendant, house placement of Saturn and other detail of the chart.

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:07 am

Hi,
Just thought to out this chart here.What  you think is gona be so atypical about this native .
In this chart almost all possible planets except venus are retro.

DOB:-17, march, 1980
TOB:- 8.47 am
POB:- Rohini,Delhi

Please put your comments....

Regards,
Raman

Jhanvi

Post by Jhanvi » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:06 am

Hi Manali,
 Wow, thank you so much for giving so much info on saturn retro. Though some of the language was a bit hard to follow(sorry, i am not from India, neither are my parents).....like "maran karak sthan".  So does this mean i might have to take care of my siblings all my life?? I am the middle one, with a 30yr old sis, and 21yr old brother. My sis is goin thru a divorce, and much worse situations are taking place. I have done jupiter mantra for years, but it seems like with most karmas, it has to be worked out. The lord of my 3rd house is sun, which sits with mercury in 11th house and is exalted. I feel now that my sun must really be neecha(as it is in navamsa) becus of all the problems with my siblings, and basically my life.
 Anyhow, thank you so much for the general view. Ur very knowledgeable for a 22-yr old. God bless

astroboy13

Post by astroboy13 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:24 am

hi manali....r u gng through ur budh mahadasa or antardasa rite now?

Pravin Kumar

Hello

Post by Pravin Kumar » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:03 am

Dear Jhanvi,

Although this is astrological forum I am writing something about palmistry to answer your above point. I saw the palm of the youngest son of my Gurudev. According to me and simple palmistry calculations this boy would never rise up in life at all and in fact according to me he should be dull in studies too. My Guruji give him some Mantra to recite daily and today he has degrees in special programming in Software and highly paid, very prosperous in life. So there are so many other things besides just the astrological readings.

Pravin Kumar

Jhanvi

Post by Jhanvi » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:25 am

Hi Pravinji,
 Thank you for that message. Yes i think charts are just one aspect, so is palmistry. Infact we can use these as tools to challenge ourselves, and rise above. I also believe thoughts manifest...and in order to have a good life, one must rise above thought, and in that way, we are truly the masters of our destiny.
 Thanks again for the message.

manali_thakar

Post by manali_thakar » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:41 am

Dear Jhanvi,

Marana - death
Karaka - significator, boss etc
Sthan – place
So the term  would mean death-inflicting state of a planet.
when planets are placed in some specific houses of the zodiac, it attains the status of death inflictor.
Such placement of planet  indicate bad previous karma which inevitably cause suffering.
Whenever any graha or a bhava goes through the process of destruction (neela shakti), an owner of a horoscope will experience suffering
why shall the jupiter attain the status when placed in 3rd houses in a horoscope. That I have explaind to you in “Jupiter in maran karak sthana” previously.
When such death inflictors is in conjunction with or aspected by Malefics or in inimical or depression signs, great grief is sure to come.
though there are some remedies for it.

As far as your question is concerned I cant predict without full details. (date of birth, birth time , birthplace)

Sun exalted in rashi chart and debilitate in navamsha chart shows that person shows willpower outside but inside he or she lacks it.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”