Sixth sense......

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Certain

Post by Certain » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:32 am

astro_scholr wrote: then u shud be called "uncertainji"  :smt003
Bilkul ji . :smt017

I think i shud pick up this emoticon as my signature. :smt003
or i can choose something like "Uncertain certain." or "Cetainly Uncertain"

astro_scholr

Post by astro_scholr » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:34 am

Certain wrote:
astro_scholr wrote: then u shud be called "uncertainji"  :smt003
Bilkul ji . :smt017

I think i shud pick up this emoticon as my signature. :smt003
or i can choose something like "Uncertain certain." or "Cetainly Uncertain"
I said this bcs I thought u  r confused soul..there something big bothering u.. thats y you are uncertain.. :)

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:07 am

Hi everyone,
Very well explained by Vivek ji .. i think nothing moe i can add to what he said...

Though i feel the same thing though more towards ketu rather than rahu coz thats what i have learned.For
having an intuition we have to make our mind thoughtless..our mind shud be unbiased towards everything and shud
have a stage where we dont think on our own and there the first thought which come to us is something which can
be our intuition towards something whihc may or may not happen....

For having our mind being thoughtless we shud have acharacteristic like ketu .....headless still existing and understanding but since cant  see thus cant be biased and hav higher concentration..

Regards,
Raman

Certain

Post by Certain » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:04 am

astro_scholr wrote:
I said this bcs I thought u  r confused soul..there something big bothering u.. thats y you are uncertain.. :)
Nope...I am not a confused soul at all.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:14 pm

Namaskaar Raman ji,
Dont under estimate Raahu!
Remember he was the only one who could see through the deception of the great deceptor Lord Vishnu in Mohini swaroopa.
vivek.
Raman Deep Singh wrote:Hi everyone,
Very well explained by Vivek ji .. i think nothing moe i can add to what he said...

Though i feel the same thing though more towards ketu rather than rahu coz thats what i have learned.For
having an intuition we have to make our mind thoughtless..our mind shud be unbiased towards everything and shud
have a stage where we dont think on our own and there the first thought which come to us is something which can
be our intuition towards something whihc may or may not happen....

For having our mind being thoughtless we shud have acharacteristic like ketu .....headless still existing and understanding but since cant  see thus cant be biased and hav higher concentration..

Regards,
Raman

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:33 pm

Namashkaar Vivekji,

Your explanations were just wonderful!!  I have noticed the intuition given by the nodes so wonderfully. You have written Great 'Literature' in this thread.

RishiRahul

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:10 pm

Namaskaar Rishi ji,
Thank you for your kind words, coming from you it means a lot.
But remember Kabir's lines
Mera muj me kuch nahi
sab kuch hain teraa

Hope it was not only 'Literature' but also have some truth in it.
Because lexigram the word and we see it contains 'true' as well as 'lie'
vivek
RishiRahul wrote:Namashkaar Vivekji,

Your explanations were just wonderful!!  I have noticed the intuition given by the nodes so wonderfully. You have written Great 'Literature' in this thread.

RishiRahul

code

Post by code » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:03 pm

Cool... I think i'm getting the concept of Rahu & Ketu being the prime denominators for Sixth sense and intitution.

Next related question.

Does it have any relation to  clinical depression/mental anxiety?

What i mean by that is, would you say that those who have the gift of sixth sense (mainly) and essence of intitution, there is a strong possiblity that those individuals suffer from depression and or clinical/constant anxiety. In other words is depression the side affect of Rahu/Ketu bestowing sixth sense.

code
PS: Certain, cheers for your explanations to the lang/words........most respectfuly appreciated. And there was no need to apologies!!!

gaonkarswapnil

Post by gaonkarswapnil » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:27 pm

Dear all

If my thinking is correct i may put my note as the discussion is going on on sixth sense then moon the karaka of mind too must play role in it as he is the one who stands just like RAM in CPU who Links Processor and HDD

And as said by Vivek ji that Rahu acts like a ravana with 10 heads like a  muti core processor

Can we in general conclude that person with vrishab lagna with moon in lagna may have capabilities of good sixth sense as astrologically moon is exalted in vrishab and rahu too

Here another point of thinking is that rahu moon yuti  not friends may also make person think out of way like sixth sense what other may think of this way
For Eg: Like a pravachan wala baba who says to his bhakts that after thousands of years world is going to end and his bhakts think that he has a sixth sense

regards

Swapnil

asro

Post by asro » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:16 am

Namaskaar all,
Intuition is a word which has come to means many different things to many people.
But really the word means IN - TUITION. This is the inner tutor which we all have inside us (the inner Guru), it prompts us all the time trying to stop us from doing any untruth. Correlating it with a graha is easy. it is Guru. Also remember that Guru has Graha Dristhi on the 5th as well as the ninth. It shows that it has the wisdom to remember the past and foresee the future.

Sixth sense:
There are five senses which are ruled by the five Planets. This leaves us with the luminaries and the Shadowy one. So the sixth or seventh or eighth and maybe even ninth senses are there.
Surya is the Aatma, Chandra is the Manah.
Now only the Nodes remain.
Raahu has only head (may be ten heads like Raavana?) and he has vision of the fifth and the ninth, so he can project into the future and also learn from the past. This is like foresight.

Ketu has no head and this is the definition of insight. Insight is of a split second and without any aid of the intellect or also of the Sum total of knowledge a person has. It is the inspirer and defies logical explanations. Remeber Ketu has no dristhi. It is as if Lord Ganesh suddenly opened the door.

vivek

Namstey Vivekji

Thanx a lot for this inerpretation. Esp making us (me) understand the Rahu drishit aspect or ketu being drishtiheen.  

Moving with the intuition thing ahead, as Rahu ketu exist thru the existence of other planets and as they chase moon (mind) or Sun (atma) , their affliction to moon or sun will it make one have better intuition rather their affliction to Mer , Jup etc ?.  

warmly
Asro

Certain

Post by Certain » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:28 pm

Respected vivekji,
I still find it difficult to understand the Rahu as having /providing sixth sense, infact technically in Rahus' mahadahsa people having sixth sense should 'lose' it or have decrease in their intutive capabilities  until in cycle they reach Ketu which provides them with their full potential.

It is not an active capability to see in past and future.Sixth sense steps in without asking , without analysing.Rahu very firmly attaches to physical world seen visible through eyes.In Mohini avtara Rahu didnt recognise Vishnu, he expected trick from Devtas as always, so he stood in line .Rahu is a destructive deceptive intellect and he had reasons to think of same from devtas so he thought of rule out getting tricked by them.Such capability is provided by Mercury too...the mode of intellect of mercury is  quick-calculative intellect but less destructive than Rahus'.
I hope i am not coming up as someone trying to contradict.

Sg.

Radhe

Post by Radhe » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:16 am

Let's not go so far in and write that we need all the 9 planets, the 12 rashis, and all the divisional charts to analyze our intuition, and most notably - our sixth sense! Oh well, of course, we need all those to judge each and every aspect of our lives, but the point of this thread, I believe is to clarify about the tendencies suggesting a person with an active sixth sense and a highly mature intuition.

So, where does it take us?

Sixth sense, intuition, ESP, etc all relate to paranormal world. They can't be measured. They can't be judged. They certainly can't be experimented in a scientific lab. Moreover, sixth sense is associated with the world since it has been in the being. It's not a modern discovery neither an artificial technology. What does this mean? This certainly says that Rahu has nothing to do with sixth sense and intuition. As a matter of fact, Rahu opposes intuition and sixth sense because Rahu is the maya hypnotizing us towards this material world. Rahu is the force attracting us to this technological world - the world of scientific domination. That is certainly the polar opposite of sixth sense, which has withstood the depths of time quite emphatically. Rahu is the planet that brings us closer to the physical world - where logic rules. It's our head; it's something that makes us see and think. Unlike the polar opposite of Rahu.... Ketu - the planet of spirituality! Add to that, the fact that Rahu rules the future, while Ketu rules the past, and sixth sense is a thing of the past, while time-travel is a thing of the future.... Clearly and most certainly, Rahu won't instill sixth sense in us; in fact, it will question the intuition we feel and motivate us to believe that it is everything, but genuine.

Next up, what else?

Do we really think that we need an exalted Mercury to have sixth sense and intuition? I would have concurred had somebody said that we need an exalted Jupiter or at least Jupiter in either Cancer or Pisces, but Mercury - the planet of intellect; the planet of scientific reasoning? Nah, Mercury is again something that would oppose sixth sense, if she were in exaltation. Moreover, if that exalted Mercury influenced Ketu, we would have a contrast of intuition and scientific reasoning.... That's certainly unwanted when we talk about intuition and the power of sensibility. Talking about sensibility, let's talk about Moon....

Moon is the planet of receptiveness, feelings, passion, and the emotions. Sixth sense and intuition work well with Moon rather than Moon's adversary Mercury - who opposed Moon due to the fact that Moon was all heart, all feelings, and all love, while Mercury was that serious young girl with rationale, logic, intellect, scientific orientation, and the reasoning power. How could feelings be related to reasoning? "I feel...." is the Moon's motto, while Mercury believes in, "I know...." See the contrast and judge for yourself! Moon develops the feeling of feeling, and intuition is feeling. Sixth sense is about sensing what you feel - not analyzing what you feel.

There you go; Moon becomes a prime candidate for the sixth sense job. Let's move slightly to the highly spiritual yogi i.e. Ketu.

Ketu is the spiritual saint. The one that has the key to message of our lives. Ketu is that guru that teaches us the hard way because at the end of the day, our only goal is to be one with Para Brahman, and only Ketu - only Ketu can show us that way. Having said that, Ketu shows us the way, doesn't it? How does it? It doesn't have any head for it to move on its own way, let alone showing us the path of eternity! That's where the intuition of Ketu comes in. That's where the feelings of Ketu come in. Ketu is the universal truth, and he shows us the way through our soul. Remember, Ketu is directly responsible to liberate our soul, and that's where Ketu takes the role of our eyes. It's a connection of our soul with Ketu - the Prtyadhi Devata of the Moon's South Node.

For those who feel intuition; for those who have sixth sense, this is a blessing from Ketu to serve the world with your inner power; and the purpose of your life is to help those who need your help.

Well, we seem to have short-listed 2 planets for the intuitive role; Moon and Ketu. Now, if these two are properly placed in our Janma Kundali then the stage is set for feeling what the Divine Mother (Paravati Mate) and her Divine Son (Ganesh ji) wants us to feel.

With that said, let's clear a few inconsistencies. The 12th house stands for what is just before us, but we can't see it. The 12th house is loss, but we lose our self only to realize the true purpose of our soul.... 12th house is the 4th from the 9th and 8th from the 5th. Does that ring something? The 12th house is the sustenance of Dharma signified by the 9th house, while the 12th house is the 8th house from the 5th house - meaning it's the house where our hidden talents lie. The 12th house is the house of learning the hidden aspects associated with our lives - our past lives because 5th house is learning what we can learn physically and mentally, while the 8th from the 5th is what we learn through our soulful experiences. Moreover, the 5th house is the house of Poorva Punyam, and 8th from the 5th means our inheritance - what we inherit from our past lives. I think now I'm talking, am I.

Hence, the 12th house becomes a major factor in determining our sixth sense as well as intuition. Let's not forget the trines to the 12th house - the 4th house and the 8th house - the Moksh Trikona. See the association of Water, Mother, Sufferings, Nurture, Hidden Wisdom, Ketu, and the Moon again!

I think we all have heard of this thing called Karakamsha. It's the chart of our soul and there are many controversies surrounding this Amsha. To understand the purpose of our sixth sense and intuitive powers, we have to review the Karakamsha chart as well. Mainly because it's the chart that connects us with our soul, and if the pattern repeats in the Karakamsha chart, especially the 12th from the Karakamsha, then it's certain that these supernatural powers are the blessings of our Ishta Devata, and we are one-step closer to nirvana.

By the way, the 5th house also plays a crucial role in determining these powers because after all, sixth sense and intuition are our talents - talents that can't be measured, but can be felt. Anyway, I hope I made sense to members out there. Otherwise, this whole thing would be another drop in the huge ocean of illusion.

Certain

Post by Certain » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:03 pm

Radhe, nice write up.keep it up.

vivekvshetty

Post by vivekvshetty » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:15 am

Namaskaar SG ji,
please read my post again.
Intuition, sixth sense are words which actually dont describe perfectly the ability we are discussing. In serious study the words used to describe this ability is called ESP.
I like to use more mystical words (i am a dreamer) and so i use foresight (this is dependent on Hindsight) and Insight (independent of anything).
For insight to happen the whole atmosphere has to be conducive.
Whereas Raahu is very analytical and thinks of a problem from all angles. He has the ability to come up with new approaches to problem and for that he is an innovator. He can anticipate. I can vouch first hand for Raahu's Dashaa giving great foresight ability, almost magical and not requiring any tools. Things just came as though someone prompting or almost seeing a picture.
Sometimes it happens that we think of an answer to a vexed issue. We analyze and try to cover all perspective but still are not able to come up with a solution. We get all Jammed up on the top. We give up and this process of giving up creates a vacuum. This is the vacuum where Insight operates, This is the headless state. Suddenly you find the answer staring at you, eye-ball to eye-ball.
It is almost as if you are rewarded for your sincerity in grappling with the problem.

These are my understandings only and not a final word. There are many things i want to add but stop myself. Somethings are not for public forums.

Remember SG ji, questioning is not contradicting, please dont stop questioning all your life. But remember to ask only the right ones.
vivek
Certain wrote:Respected vivekji,
I still find it difficult to understand the Rahu as having /providing sixth sense, infact technically in Rahus' mahadahsa people having sixth sense should 'lose' it or have decrease in their intutive capabilities  until in cycle they reach Ketu which provides them with their full potential.

It is not an active capability to see in past and future.Sixth sense steps in without asking , without analysing.Rahu very firmly attaches to physical world seen visible through eyes.In Mohini avtara Rahu didnt recognise Vishnu, he expected trick from Devtas as always, so he stood in line .Rahu is a destructive deceptive intellect and he had reasons to think of same from devtas so he thought of rule out getting tricked by them.Such capability is provided by Mercury too...the mode of intellect of mercury is  quick-calculative intellect but less destructive than Rahus'.
I hope i am not coming up as someone trying to contradict.

Sg.

Certain

Post by Certain » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:49 am

Vivekji,
ESP is same as sixth sense or intuition and Insight is not independent of anything.It is inner sight or introspective sight and its a nutshell of all analytical scenes like foresight ,hindsight and intellectual capabilities.It is vision of understanding of a larger picture using all tools simultaneously.

If anything (as u suggested about Rahus' capacity s imparting foresight) is based on 'thinking about' or calculating about is calculation or analysis or foresight only, and  not intuition or sixth sense .You are using foresight interchangeably with intuition .Many astute businessman have good foresight , they arent intuitive people.Intuitive people are not intuitive about one channel of life only.

I have first hand experience of intuitions.I was quick in comunication in early stages of my life, started speaking at age of 8 months and cud speak sentences at age o 1 yr old.I was 2yrs old when I told my mom not to let dad go out of city cuz our house wud catch fire tomorrow, she wud cry a lot.My mom ,who was quite surprised at a kid talking about such things ignored it. Next day our house caught fire.I had new born sister , myself at age of two and mom alone, was hard time for her to handle. My mom didnt still think of my sentence about it. After 6 months , I told about flood coming over and house going full of water at age of 2.5, my dad was again going out.I told her a day before and asked her to stop him.This time she was careful but didnt believe me.Dad left and next day it started raining torrentially and after 48 hours of unseasonal continous rain , city flooded and our house was signiicantly submerged.

I dont like talking about my personal life or anything but A child of 2 yrs doesnt have insight foresight or any experience.Words i used to my mom were"
"kal bahut sari aag hai , diwar par, darwaze par...,(touched two three walls ..and said ) yaha bhi yaha bhi, papa ghar par nahi hai , mummy bahut ro rahi , bahut ro rahi hai ,...papa aap mat jao."
That was a child s' way to descibe it.
When i grew up it became a usual scenario for my parents but they always kept it restricted to our family only.
My intuitive capability compelled me to explore astro, destiny , otherwise I was purely agnostic and non-believer.I am a science student having a very strong skeptics' brain.I tested myself always to differentiate between my analytical capabilities , my intuitive capabilities.Both are very different.
Analytical conclusions come after calculations; Intuitions just step in and are 100% of times correct unlike analysis. I dont get intuitions evey now and then OR about any everything I wish to know about.They just step in like uninvited guests from diferent cities at their own whims and fancies.They are not the asnwers I am looking for or events i want to know about.They are just them irrespective of I want them or not.Sometimes it happens Intuitions  wud come about Mrs.Mary next doors u care least about even 'when' I want to know desperately more about my own life . I might or might not hear anything about myself when i need it most.Analysis is your controlled thing.Intuitions are never at your command.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”