The role of the Master/Guru

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

iloveamma

The role of the Master/Guru

Post by iloveamma » Sat May 30, 2009 12:04 am

I have been contemplating for some time to which level the Guru is really able to override the astrological chart.

The stories of the saints and sages and satgurus state that destiny can in fact be altered when there is surrender to the guru and that the fully realzied master has full capabilities of altering a disciple's destiny.

However, is it against the laws of nature? At what point should one stop interpreting the astrological chart, and place total faith in the Guru/God?

Isn't that the logical progression of things?

For me, it took an astrologer "predicting" that something would not happen, when in fact, it already had. I am a disciple of a fully realized guru. His prediction was painful, and is something that I have thought of every single day since he said it. I do wonder, in fact, if it is something that he never should have said.  After that, I could feel inside my Guru instructing me to let go of the astrological readings and interpretations because clearly according to my chart, my destiny had already been altered.

Other people state that you must live through all your karmas, and that the Guru cannot take away things that you must live through, but can only make them easier to live with.

The question I pose, which is accurate? And at what point does one stop seeking answers from the natal chart?

Curious to hear your answers.

iloveamma

Post by iloveamma » Sat May 30, 2009 6:21 pm

Nobody wants to have a conversation?

Return to “Vedic Astrology”