Planetary War

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

citra

Planetary War

Post by citra » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:44 am

Moon as Lagna Lord defeated by extalted Saturn in 4H, and both planets in Scorpio Navamasa, should this considered to be very evil? Would parivraja yoga destroyed by this planetary war? Insight please.

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:25 am

Y dnt u start a discussion.

citra

Post by citra » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:42 am

Hi, I think langa lord defeated by H7 & H8 Lord is very bad. In this case, moon, the planet of emotion, was hurt by Saturn, can case some emotional problems such as depression etc. And it happen to be in H4, the emothional kendra, which makes this more serious.

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:10 am

How come u r considering garha yudha and how you r basing your results on..
Can you mention more about graha yudha for better understanding..

Is moon geting defeated effetcig most on being lagan lord or karkatwa...
How do you consider and understand that the yoga manisfestation.....
How do u think D-9 is playing its part in all this...

Do u think u really wanna to have discussion on this or just trying to
get broken readings.

Regards,
Raman

citra

Post by citra » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:57 am

Sorry, now I give some information in detail for discussion.

Planetary war

Planets conjun within one degree

If two planet is involved in planet war, the planet of smaller longitude is the winner, and the other is defeated. In this case, Moon is defeated.

Parivraja Yoga is formed by Moon in Mars Navamasa and conjun Saturn in Rasi.

Parivraja Yoga give ascetism result.

When the planet that leads to ascetism is conquered, in this case Moon, the native is not accepted into the holy order.

When the planet overcome in war is aspected by another planet, in this case Saturn aspected by Mars in Lagna, the native is not accepted into the holy order.

So, Parivraja Yoga is destroyed by planetary wars, I think.

Lagna Lord in H4, so H4 is Arudha Lagna.

Arudha Lagna represent out image, and the planetary war should be obviously sensed by the native's image.

I think Defeated Moon mostly hurt the peace of mind, emotion, and H1 things, such as health and overall well being.

Since it's the war between H1 Lord & H7, 8 Lord, the native should not enjoy things rulered by H7 and H8. In this case, Saturn in exaltion in Kendra, the good result of its exaltion and placement should be much reduced, in my opinion.

Saturn is bad in H4, though in exaltion, show some bad karma in past lives. To Cancer Lagna, Saturn is malefic, and a malefic defeat a benefic should be evil, I think.

A planet conjunct Moon or win in planetary war can give very good result, in this case Saturn. So this contradicts with the prediction said before.

Now I get confused...

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:49 am

Hi Citra ji,
:)

Nicely putted by you....
Leme put my views here , though im bit busy right now.. So will put my views in brief.

First of all i dnt put too much of pressure on yogas.. i m not saying that they are not important but starting a readin or
analysis from yoga is not wat i think is right..

Secondly, I feel Graha yuddha mainly harms the natural karaktwa of the planet. So house ownership shudnt be put into
consideration too much.There may be functional impact too but i felt it workin more on natural karkatwa side.
Regards,
Raman

citra

Post by citra » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:41 pm

Thanks for your insight.

I think Rasi aspect between planets can be more accurate reading, and planetary war plays a minor role compared to that.

And I think planetary war show a more obvious result if it is involved of Sun, Rahu and Ketu, because there's combust or eclipse in addition, if Rahu and Ketu counted as "planet".

Raman Deep Singh

Post by Raman Deep Singh » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:22 pm

Hi Citra ji,
Rashi Drishti and graha Yudhha are 2 different aspects of astrology and I feel both of them are equally important.
The reason u think otherwise may be coz in every chart u will not find graha yudhha but every chart will have rashi drishti thus more easy to test :)

Nope I think Graha Yudhha  shows impact on any planet which  looses the Yuddha.

Regards,
Raman
citra wrote:Thanks for your insight.

I think Rasi aspect between planets can be more accurate reading, and planetary war plays a minor role compared to that.

And I think planetary war show a more obvious result if it is involved of Sun, Rahu and Ketu, because there's combust or eclipse in addition, if Rahu and Ketu counted as "planet".

citra

Post by citra » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:42 am

What (maybe negative? ) impacet  will the defeated planet have according to your observation?

I think the dignity is very obvious. In this case, exalted Saturn overcome in planetary war, and it could show a more powerful way undoubtedly. But if the Moon win, what it will be?

Consider planetary war between Sun and Venus in Aries 1 degree, what the result would be? I think even Venus win, exalted Sun also show a much more important part in the native's life, though not so good compared to Sun's overcome. And combust Venus would be hurt by the Sun obviously, too. The native can show lack of skill in socialing conditions by combust Venus. And the impulsiveness and lack-of-patience can be an obvious character of the native becouse the conjuction can be found in Aries both D-1 and D-9.

Let come back to the Saturn-Moon case before. Saturn win and Moon defeated, I think the Saturn should play an obvious way because it gains dignity in Libra but Moon not so dignified even she wins the war. But Moon recieve rays from Sun and plays an important part in native's life, and like Sun, Moon could be considered as almost important role as him because those stars are so bright. Though Moon is normal in Libra and less diginfied compared to Saturn, she can contribute a greater part in the native's character. According to some views, the planet of brighter ray win the war. So if this is true, Moon can be the winer. Even some views say that Sun, Moon and Lunar Nodes don't involved in the war. So many contradictions and I get more confused now...

babulupmg

Post by babulupmg » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:11 am

Dear Sirs,

The Sun and the Moon Will not take part in GrahaYuddha.

Tara grahanamanyonyam swatam  yudha samagamou

samagama sasankena suryenastamayam saha

[The 5 non-luminaries can enter into Graha Yuddha, when they are close to each other. (Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn are non-luminaries or tara-grahas, sun and moon are prakasha-grahas (luminaries) and Rahu and Ketu are tamo-grahas). When the non-luminaries are with Moon it is just ‘samagama’ but when they are with Sun they become asta (became weak and loss all power, due to the strong ray power of Sun)].

Thus it is clear that–

Graha Yuddha (Planetary war): When two or more tara-grahas (non-luminaries) are in one sign and one of them is entering into same degree of another planet it is said that they are in Graha Yuddha (planetary war)
Samagama (Conjunct with Moon): When they conjunct with moon it is said that they are in samagama

Astamaya (Combust): When they conjunct with sun it is said that they are in asta or astamaya (combust, moudhya).

When Sun and Moon conjunct it is Amavasi, Moon losing power similar to the planets becoming asta with the ray power of Sun.

So in short we can say Graha Yuddha is an astronomical phenomena resulting from proximity between two planets – in visual longitude. It affects their power in producing astrological results.

Any of the five non-luminaries within 50 kala (50 min) of any other planet causes planetary war or Graha Yuddha in general.

Victor: The planet which wins the war is termed Victor

Defeated one, Vanquished: The planet which losses the war is termed the defeated one or the vanquished.

The victorious planet produces powerful auspicious effects, while the vanquished one becomes inauspicious.

The house in which this phenomenon occurs is destroyed and the individual suffers throughout his life in respect to that Bhava (but take total strength of chart and running dasa in various time of life to declare full result).

We should consider the vimsopakabala, Sthanadi bala, Uchcha neechadibala etc. also.
pmg

citra

Post by citra » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:28 am

Thanks, babulupmg!

Now I see the planetary war is just between Me-Ve-Ma-Ju-Sa.

It is said that the planet conjunct with Moon give good result. So Saturn should be positive according to this theory.

babulupmg

Post by babulupmg » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:19 pm

Dear Citra Ji,

//It is said that the planet conjunct with Moon give good result. So Saturn should be positive according to this theory.//

Whare is it said?

There is no any theory that Moon connected to Sat will give positive result.

citra

Post by citra » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:12 pm

Oh, I misread it again. I searched some Samagama information and it is said that the planet conjunct Moon receive ray from her, so that planet become strong.

Since Samagama is not planetary war, what impact would it be? If the conjunct planet is a natural malefic, such as Mars and Saturn, should the Moon get affilcted? If the planet is a natural benefic, such as Venus and Jupiter, should the opposite is ture? Or both are evil results? Or result differs according to which planet is younger in longtitude? Thanks!

babulupmg

Post by babulupmg » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:46 am

Dear Sir,

Moon is Man.  Man is Mind.  The Moon conjoined with any planet reflects the nature of that planet.  Moon connented to Mars gives aggressive nature.  That connected to Sat gives moody nature, interested to be isolated, spirutual mind, hates or be betrayed material well being.  If it with Jup causes Gajakesari yoga, bestowed with comfortable life, with Venus gets conjugal happiness and like this.
pmg

citra

Post by citra » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:08 am

Now I see the Moon cojunction more clearly.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”