Chandra Mangal Yoga

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:03 pm

prasanna wrote:Dear Rishi ji,

Welcome back. We are all very happy to find U again after 7 months.

Regarding selling of wife, I too expressed the views in the same angle of yours. Hope to learn more from U .

Regards,
Hi Prasanna,

Thank you for the welcome!

Yes, you did. I would be out of town for 2 days and I would get back.

RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:18 pm

astro_scholr wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:Hi,

Regarding selling ones wife: it can have many forms. Harder to lighter.
One really sells his wife.   Ones uses his wife for his or her professional gains, by giving her to other men etc.

One sells his wife by for material gains is the main.  Chandra Mangal yoga is certainly said to give material gains as Dr. B.V. Raman said, besides many others.

The main understanding is that a person with this yoga can go to such an extent for his material gains that he can even go to low moral standards for it.

How low he can stoop while doing it is dependent on the afflicted moon and the fourth house.

A start to spark more thoughts,

RishiRahul

This is valid only when one of them is afflicted. Mainly moon as affliction to mind can lead to loose moral. selling spouse is valid only when one of them is 7th lord or both in 7th house.

RishiRahul= Moons affliction may or may not show loose moral. In fact a native with afflicted moon may not have loose moral. Affliction of Venus and also Mars, and both certainly leads to loose moral. The extent of affliction to Jupiter is also important too.

Taurus Asc , moon in 7th with powerful Mars.
Cancer Asc with moon and mars in Capricorn.

Other afflictions are 3rd aspect of Saturn on Moon and Mars. Also aspected by Rahu can lead to such possibilities
RishiRahul=The 3rd. aspect is secretly friendly, and is not a very harmful aspect in terms of a person's quality.

If mars is afflicted then it is possible that person may sell his/her brother/sister for materialistic gain.

Taurus asc with Moon and Mars in cancer.
Aquarius Asc with Moon and Mars in Aries.

RishiRahul

ranger

Post by ranger » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:56 am

Dear all,
I dont have the empemeries with me. so if any one give there chart
all planets and accendent in Degrees. I may select few and give out my output.
Ragard Ranger

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:35 am

Here is chart of someone I know very well with CMY:

17.09.1974  21.38   Karaikudi, Tamilnadu(74.47E, 10.04N)

RishiRahul= Moons affliction may or may not show loose moral. In fact a native with afflicted moon may not have loose moral. Affliction of Venus and also Mars, and both certainly leads to loose moral. The extent of affliction to Jupiter is also important too.

Should we also not consider Sun position/strength for morality?

ChanDubai

Post by ChanDubai » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:53 am

Would you mind posting some of the events in her life? and her behaviours and charecters in general (Note: i am not doubting anything about her but asking for study purpose)

kandhan.t wrote:Here is chart of someone I know very well with CMY:

astro_scholr

Post by astro_scholr » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:19 am

Couple of planetory attributes:
Moon takes mars as neutral but latter considers former as friend
Moon is queen where mars is knight.
Moon is white , mars is red
Moon is faminine , mars is masculine
moon is signficator of blood, menopause in women water reservoir, phlegmatic naturerainy season, mind, mother etc where are mars is for bone marrow. fire place, summer season,energy, valour, bilious nature
moon is satvic , mars is tamasic
moon is cool, mars is hot

Yoga is combination of imaginative and refelctive moon with fiery, rashly emotional and independant mars.
Mars is significator of sex in females, combining with cold moon  can result in delay. denial or other problems in married life

There is good amount of confusion whether to consider this as association yoga or mars dosha.
But  have not come across chart where this yoga has caused issues singularly, there other positions/yogas in combination has caused issues.

Found issues with following combinations in marital life

1. Yoga formed in  saturn owned houses/ saturn aspected
2. Yoga formed in house of venus / with venus
3. chart having Sun-Mercury ( budhaditya yoga) along with this yoga
4. Aspect or association with Rahu-ketu
5. yoga formed in house of mercury
6. Yoga having waning/weak moon.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:17 pm

kandhan.t wrote:Here is chart of someone I know very well with CMY:

Hi kandhanji,

Sun, here is darakaraka, and is the natural atmakaraka; hence will have an effect if afflicted.

The position of Sun is not as important as its affliction. For loose morals, in general, Sun would not be a confirmation factor, although its affliction may aggravate matters.

In this chart Venus attains debilitation navamsa, and /mars is afflicted in more than one way.

What transpired in his life during Aug/Sept 2002?

RishiRahul

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:44 pm

RishiRahulji, Chandrasekharji

Sorry for not mentioning that the native is a male.  

He has Budhaditya yoga too in the same house.  Hence,difficult to deliniate characteric traits produced by CMY.  He is generally timid in nature(rashi placement?) and highly impulsive.  Two traits which were mentioned previously in the post that I noticed was: moneyminded and get-rich-quick.  

Native has been on emotional rollercoaster since Guru MD. Lowest point was till Sep, 2002. There has been  slow improvement in since then.  Didnt notice the traits mentioned with respect to women.  Arranged marriage.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi kandhan.t ji,

The budhaditya yoga gets diluted here, but gives a spiritual yoga after getting cornered in life. Maybe the emotional ups and downs started from 1996 to 2002.

This chart has 2 charakaraka replacements involving the atmakaraka, showing difficult realisations.

The native having Mars afflicted and Venus in the fifth would be involved in emotional journeys with the opposite sex. The pravrajya yoga without combustion or involved in grahayudhha leads to staunch spirituality as life progresses.

Real afflictions to planets occur due to afflictions by sani. rahu, and Ketu. Here, it seems the afflictions are minor, but even then still exist.

Also Saturn is giving 3rd. aspect to Venus, which is secretly friendly and not downright harmful.

By the way, are you aware of his personal life in much detail? If so, then the case could be actually discussed in terms of the traits towards women. Also needless to mention that the traits could be light.

RishiRahul

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:37 am

RishiRahulji

Yes, the problem was mild & hidden during 1996-2000 and flared up to phobias, delusional and almost suicidal in 2000-2001.  

"This chart has 2 charakaraka replacements involving the atmakaraka, showing difficult realisations."  I can see Budh replacing Saturn.  Is there another replacement?  Also, correct me if I am wrong: Mars & Rahu or Ketu(which one?) involved in a replacement?  

As regards emotional journey with opposite sex, AFAIK he was not involved in any love affair before marriage.

His relationship with spouse is slightly rocky for couple of years now.  

"which is secretly friendly and not downright harmful ".  Could you throw more light on this?

Does involvement of Sun cancel pravrajya yoga?  Your observation regarding spirituality is interesting because right now there is no indication of  that. Right now, he is only religious in the extant sense i.e. give-and-take.

I have suggestion regarding a discussion on comparison between Pravrajya yoga, Sanyasa yoga,  Tapasvi yoga and other related renunciation yogas which would be very educative because there seems to be lot of confusion even in basic definitions of yogas.  For ex:  I came across two definitions regarding pravrajya yoga: 4 planets in one sign, involvement of moon, mars and saturn.  

If we go by the first definition, I can give charts two persons where one exhibits much spirituality and thats not the case with the other.  Difference? I think Saturn and probably other supporting placements which confirms the dictum about yogas.

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:44 am

Regarding traits towards women: I didnt find any derogatory trait towards women.  What specifically are we looking for here?

ranger

Post by ranger » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:48 am

Here is mine
16 th April 1971  7 30am
Lagna :-(Mesha :24 35 56)
(Colombo):-
Lat : 6 53 North
Lon:79 51 East

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:57 am

Dear rangerji,

What has been your experience of CMY?

PS: Just wanted to ask couple of things abour your chart, if you dont mind. You probably know the reason for asking the questions, but i am new to jyotish: Did anything happen in fourth year of eductaion? And, whats your attitude towards emancipation/self-realisation(interested/not interested).

ranger

Post by ranger » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:38 am

kandhan.t wrote:Dear rangerji,

PS: Just wanted to ask couple of things abour your chart, if you dont mind. You probably know the reason for asking the questions, but i am new to jyotish: Did anything happen in fourth year of eductaion? And, whats your attitude towards emancipation/self-realisation(interested/not interested).
I will hold it for later.

Fourth Year in education so me go abroad,education and my life drastically changed
emancipation/self-realisation is relevent.
Last edited by ranger on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:07 am

rangerji

I am referring to Ketu in 4th.

"Fourth Year so my life drastically change. "  Hope you dont mind my asking if it was positive or negative.  Just want to corelate something.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”