Curses !! ones that last for Generations

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

asro

Curses !! ones that last for Generations

Post by asro » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:27 am

Hi Everybody

While  analysing a chart we do come across certain planetary combinations which may be termed as Curses. The word Curse confuses me for is it Dosh or Shaap  ? or both mean same in astrology.

In my limited understanding when planets are in malefic association   with Mar,Sat, Ra/ke / gullika  we may term it as shaap.
eg: Moon afflicted by aforesaid malefics termed as curse from (to ?) mother
      Ve afflicted by malefics termed as curse from (to ?) wife .

Now incase Sun is afflicted does it amount to be Pitra dosh ? or Pitra Shaap ?  

Pitra Dosh -- curses of ancestors  is studied by 9th lord , 9th house afflictions, but are there any more considerations (Badhakesh, Retrogrades ?) to  confirm it as Dosh ?    

Also few astrologers describe curses working  since generations, from maternal side or paternal side. How do we  study these curses.

In short what are curses (in true meaning), are there any types ?  and  how do we study these from Natal charts, esp generation curses.

Awaiting you responses

Warmly
Asro

astro_scholr

Re: Curses !! ones that last for Generations

Post by astro_scholr » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:04 pm

asro wrote:Hi Everybody

While  analysing a chart we do come across certain planetary combinations which may be termed as Curses. The word Curse confuses me for is it Dosh or Shaap  ? or both mean same in astrology.

In my limited understanding when planets are in malefic association   with Mar,Sat, Ra/ke / gullika  we may term it as shaap.
eg: Moon afflicted by aforesaid malefics termed as curse from (to ?) mother
      Ve afflicted by malefics termed as curse from (to ?) wife .

Now incase Sun is afflicted does it amount to be Pitra dosh ? or Pitra Shaap ?  

Pitra Dosh -- curses of ancestors  is studied by 9th lord , 9th house afflictions, but are there any more considerations (Badhakesh, Retrogrades ?) to  confirm it as Dosh ?    

Also few astrologers describe curses working  since generations, from maternal side or paternal side. How do we  study these curses.

In short what are curses (in true meaning), are there any types ?  and  how do we study these from Natal charts, esp generation curses.

Awaiting you responses

Warmly
Asro
this practice is mainly in south india. May be astrologers want to rob the people.

Usually seen placement of Rahu/Ketu , saturn , Mandi , gulika association with other planets

when with Sun - Pitra shapa. Possible that some male person in  family who dont have kid or father /grand father anual ritual is not done properly. Or demanding moksha.

When with Moon : Matra shapa . Similar to above

when with Mars: Sarpa dosha or curse of Brahmachari. There some brotherly person is demanding moksha

When Ketu with jupiter : Some families perform ganesha chaturthi as annual ritual as part of their family tradition. there possibility that God ganesha is forgotten. no ritual performed.

Rahu with jupiter: Chandala yoga. A brahmin or teacher has cursed . It is very important in female chart as jupiter is significator for married life. In this  case curse of spouse need to be taken

Rahu with saturn: curse of servant

Rahu with Venus: its important in boys chart , Curse of spouse or family diety is forgotten.

But i could not find concrete examples to justify these.
Ohm Ganeshaya Namaha

astro_scholr

Post by astro_scholr » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:09 pm

I have seen that if remedies not done then kids/next generation charts also have similar combinations... Its following to generations. this way we say that curse has followed for generations

I have seen chart of both father and son where  Mars and rahu present. It was found that brothers of great grand father have died without marrige. This family had to go through lot of troubles for marriage of boy. everytime proposals get broken for no reason. After performing ritual for those great grand father brothers boy got married. Can i say coincidental ?
Ohm Ganeshaya Namaha

volcanopetal

Post by volcanopetal » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:32 pm

My views on ur query: Curse could be translated as Shaap. If we are talking about ancestor curse then it could be pitr shaap but in reality we find it mentions as pitr dosha. the interesting question would be why one's forefather would curse to their own children? this is like pitr runa (debt of ancestors) where ancestors has done something wrong and its effects are seen on his / her generation. because the soul of the ancestor wants to get rid from the sin. Now the soul doesn't have body so the soul of ancestor will intrupt all good things in his/her genration indicating that the next genrations should perform propoer rituals. so ancestors soul will get mukti. Additionally it can be seen from 8th house as dharma bhav (dharma might indicate ancestoral line). The person having pitr dosh may show late marriages / no marriage. Frequent deaths of children. Children dies at very young age. The person having pitr dosh is addicted. The addiction may be initiated from relatives.

The reference for pitr dosha could be find in mythology - where Bhagirath has brought Ganaga on the earth to give mukti to 60000 ancestors.

Kindly add other references if you have it from mythology. Also provide real examples with chart if possible.

volcanopetal

Post by volcanopetal » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:42 pm

Please rectify in above message. I mean to say 9th and not 8th. it's typographical error. My apology!

asro

Post by asro » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Hi Astro_scholr and Volcanopetal

Foremost thanx for  your repy and  views shared.
I too did my lil research online and even offline. Online I did not get much  success but i 'ate' a few books  to look more on the shaap aspect. I found a marathi book which explained karm and its logic, in which a chapter pitra karm.  Cutting the story short,  the author says that  a natal chart has pointers in it. Rahu / ketu positions and associations are the indicators .

If in natives chart Jup is afflicted by Ra/ke it is considered as shapit  /cursed chart. If such a combination exist in the natives chart also his fathers chart then its sure indiacator of Shaap carried in family. Also such a affliction exists in natives grandfather then it surely indicate a curse that remains since generations.

Would like to read more vies from the rest members on this .

warmly
Asro

kandhan.t

Post by kandhan.t » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:55 am

hi asro, could you give name of the book? any translations available for it?

volcanopetal

Post by volcanopetal » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:02 pm

Just to add a few more things. The 10 incarnation of Shri vishnu is also due to Shaap. Shri Krishna died because of Shaap. King Dashrath was having Shaap.

asro

Post by asro » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:46 pm

Hello all,

Kandhan T, unfortunately there is no translation of the  said book, also its mere 50 pages book. I mentioned the book because it was a serendipity for me, i'd been stuck with curse/shaap logic, by chance i read this book for some other motives and found a path in it.  
Hence  i too put forth that logik to get more views on it.

@Volanopetalji -- True  about Sri Ram and Sri Krishan"s chart. Perhaps we can reproduce them here and study these through curse perspetive.

Wamly
Asro

Return to “Vedic Astrology”