Can we change our destiny?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat May 28, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi,

Religions and the sense/understanding of God majorly influence 'Belief.

So beliefs due to/amongst different religions can be different.

No one can be sure of his own destiny.  Divination crafts can give a good idea; can act as a guide/third eye.

RishiRahul

ranger

Post by ranger » Sun May 29, 2011 9:04 pm

Dear Rishi Rahul and Rhutobello,
Namaskar,

I thank you for the instance you took let this benefit astrology. So that astrologer can harness it.

We Buddhist in Sri Lanka honor other religions. Some of us go to church. Hindu system is part of our buddhist culture. Some of us are Sai Devotees. Muslims and Christians listen to buddist sermons. It’s a mixed culture but live in harmony. Despite a civil war(that ended) these four religions coexisted influencing one another for long time.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon May 30, 2011 6:20 am

ranger wrote:Dear Rishi Rahul and Rhutobello,
Namaskar,

I thank you for the instance you took let this benefit astrology. So that astrologer can harness it.

We Buddhist in Sri Lanka honor other religions. Some of us go to church. Hindu system is part of our buddhist culture. Some of us are Sai Devotees. Muslims and Christians listen to buddist sermons. It’s a mixed culture but live in harmony. Despite a civil war(that ended) these four religions coexisted influencing one another for long time.

Hi ranger,

Budhhism is a sub sect of Hinduism. My father is a brahmin, and my mother is a Budhhist.

The vedic religion, Hinduism arose ages back, and subsequently other subsects 'needed' to rise because of certain discontent due to progressing 'times' and allied reasons.   I would not like to elaborate its reasons here as it would be a departure from the main topic.
Anyway, the subsects was a neccessity due to progressing times due to some lack of ground realities.

I have found many Budhhists too very much believing in astrology, rather vedic astrology as a tool to better their karma.
Their reason for being dependant on the third eye/Vedic astrology is somewhat different.

RishiRahul

ranger

Post by ranger » Mon May 30, 2011 10:27 am

RishiRahul wrote:
ranger wrote:Dear Rishi Rahul and Rhutobello,
Namaskar,

Hi ranger,

Budhhism is a sub sect of Hinduism. My father is a brahmin, and my mother is a Budhhist.

The vedic religion, Hinduism arose ages back, and subsequently other subsects 'needed' to rise because of certain discontent due to progressing 'times' and allied reasons.   I would not like to elaborate its reasons here as it would be a departure from the main topic.
Anyway, the subsects was a neccessity due to progressing times due to some lack of ground realities.

I have found many Budhhists too very much believing in astrology, rather vedic astrology as a tool to better their karma.
Their reason for being dependant on the third eye/Vedic astrology is somewhat different.

RishiRahul

Hi RishiRahul,

Buddhist do believe in astrology. Not quite sure whether Buddha endorsed it, In fact he has said that “What can stars do?” and it sums up something very important component in his teaching ie: face every movement with oneness, so  if you rely on scripts written by somebody else you missed the task in front of you.

So where can astrology be used where shall it never be used?

Buddha gives a clue where it should never be used I suppose

But when a child is born the chart describe some patterns, some skills and talents he/she has. Astrologers were consulted when Buddha was born too. One of them predicted accurately what he will become. So it says in Buddhist text.
So again these text gives us a clue where it might be used.
That is identifying one’s skills and talents, so  parents can guide children from very early days in the directions the child may be competent in, for example, I suppose.

Yes Vedict is the best I know and more relevent.
<b>For example some body spend Millions or Billions on a say Rocket or normal opening ceremony, then still oneness is subjected to belief and consultation of an astrologer is of no harm. I mean it in the context. &nbsp;As far as it is used as a tool and put it in that place NO HARM I SUPPOSE. </b>

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Mon May 30, 2011 12:32 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Hi ranger,

RishiRahul
ranger wrote: Hi RishiRahul,

Buddhist do believe in astrology. Not quite sure whether Buddha endorsed it, In fact he has said that “What can stars do?” and it sums up something very important component in his teaching ie: face every movement with oneness, so  if you rely on scripts written by somebody else you missed the task in front of you.

So where can astrology be used where shall it never be used?

Buddha gives a clue where it should never be used I suppose

But when a child is born the chart describe some patterns, some skills and talents he/she has. Astrologers were consulted when Buddha was born too. One of them predicted accurately what he will become. So it says in Buddhist text.
So again these text gives us a clue where it might be used.
That is identifying one’s skills and talents, so  parents can guide children from very early days in the directions the child may be competent in, for example, I suppose.

Yes Vedict is the best I know and more relevent.
<b>For example some body spend Millions or Billions on a say Rocket or normal opening ceremony, then still oneness is subjected to belief and consultation of an astrologer is of no harm. I mean it in the context.  As far as it is used as a tool and put it in that place NO HARM I SUPPOSE. </b>

ranger

Hi ranger,

I was wondering!?

I expected or thought you might oppose me saying that Budhhism is a subsect of Hinduism.    It is not actually. It is a separate religion having its own identity.

Anuway, the positive part is that we got the additional information, which I was not aware; that when Budhha was born astrologers were consulted.  Was Vedic astrologers consulted?

Actually smaller sub sects like Brahmo Samaj evolved due to rising discontent, for the reasons I mentioned above.

Dont you think there was a mother religion before all existed?

Religions were created due to the 'NEED', like fire, food etc.

In all religions you will find that some god like figure predicted that something would happen.

This is about the 'Third Eye' in religions.

Astrology is very much about the third eye required for soothsaying.
Vedic astrology is about the deeper third eye, which goes to understanding karma, and evolved from the 'Vedas'.

I am of the opinion that all religions had a mother religion way back, maybe lost in History.

Please pardon me for this act of provoking thoughts!

RishiRahul

ranger

Post by ranger » Mon May 30, 2011 4:41 pm

Hi Rishirahul,
RishiRahul wrote: Anuway, the positive part is that we got the additional information, which I was not aware; that when Budhha was born astrologers were consulted. &nbsp;Was Vedic astrologers consulted?
RishiRahul
RishiRahul wrote:Hi,

Religions and the sense/understanding of God majorly influence 'Belief.

So beliefs due to/amongst different religions can be different.

No one can be sure of his own destiny. &nbsp;Divination crafts can give a good idea; can act as a guide/third eye.

RishiRahul

I know what turned all this. A magic word. I happen to posses. Some of you think no one knows.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue May 31, 2011 4:20 pm

Hi ranger,

Wont you share the magic word!

RishiRahul

ranger

Post by ranger » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:06 pm

Dear Rishi Rahul,

Yes Buddism is Unique and has know parallels,

It is said some Hindu community knew darma called Dawa Darma(Is is said It was confined to few people and also known as Loka Palana Darma Or Knowledge to control world.) Since they were powerful darma in themselves these Brahmines may have been careful to share it.
But it not clear how much Lord Buddha was influenced by Dawa Darma if at all.

But whatever claim. What Buddha found, is in all sense is unique. He was the one who discovered Vippassana Meditation technique. Which is the tool to achieve praghna in Buddism.

He preached that, in-order to have a sustainable Samadhi, Five precepts are the key. On top of Samdhi is Pragnha (Wisdom) and to achieve wisdom One needs Vipassana.

Vipassana Is our daily life ( sathi or conscious life ).

To achieve business success
To achieve marital bliss
To achieve professional successes
To virtually succeed in anything.

Or to
Sowahan, Sakurdaghami, arahath (higher plains of pragna) .

So if any one interested in Buddhism Please google for it.

Please bare with me for any short commings

"In a mad world, only the mad are sane."
— Akira Kurosawa

pandu345

Post by pandu345 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:00 pm

Hello Folks,

Please , I don't mean to offend or hurt any one. This is what I would say,

When things are going well, no body cares. I design and live my own life. You have happiness, things you do work out well.
If you buy something like real estate, its price goes up, you work hard and you get promotion,your wilfe loves you,
she takes very good care of you you are blessed with kids.You love your wife, you love your parents and in laws. every body loves you.

At work you have all friends, people think good about you, you salary / earnings goes up. You spend good time on vacations.
You reach your short term ambitions , every thing you can think of has been going well or will turn up in the way you like.

If you are one who say these few lines above are true for me, you wont care. Do you need god. you don't
You don't even think about praying to god in the morning.

NOW read below

As we grow we learn many things about many gods / stories about gods  / our epics Ramayana / Mahabharata.

Our life is very complex and it changes every day , we come up new challenges every moment.
Things change , we don't like change many times but we don't have options and live with changes. One such change is marriage.
But many times things are not really in our hands, we try so much and we really cannot do anything. How do we resolve these kind of things.
Some of them are so bad  or tough , they impact rest of your life and you cant do anything. So where is the problem.
- your wife fights with you for every small and stupid reason
- you had dreams about buying gold or cars, their price turned so high
- a fight comes up between you wife and mother/father (whom you love most before you were married), your wife wants you take her side.
- you get a loss in business or loose job
- your friends start teasing you can you can revert
- you have no peace of mind no matter what
- you step away and go to some place for few hours , you get a call about some thing wrong.
- not just worldly pleasures , you start a pooja in the morning and some body screams at you.

How much can you take , you are human. If these are happening very periodically , you have no other go than god.
Among these above how many were in you hands. There are so many things you cannot plan and execute.

There are many things that happen, as long as you think it should have happened in a different or favorable way - you suffer.
when you think, it is past and it my karma result. accept this fact. God give me shakti to bear these things and react less severly when some thing happens again, you will be ok.

so for me the point is - you cannot change destiny. you can only plan and do few things. Trust god and god will help.

Thanks,
Sridhar

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:43 am

Hi,

You are quite correct. &nbsp;Exert your Free will to perform your present Karma well. THIS is very important.

RishiRahul

unknown11

Post by unknown11 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:00 pm

Being Buddhist , u even found fault with Lord Budha . He &nbsp;too cant change his destiny so he became &nbsp; Lord Budha from King Siddhartha. , He is one of the Incarnations of Lord Vishnu I do believe.
everyone has brahm inside, thats what lord vishnu said in garuda purana..
when you reach self realization and if you are worthy enough then you will become reincarnation of lord vishnu/God
or if you keep looking forward for other reincarnations of god then you will stay stuck with following others, and always looking out for some god to save the world by taking birth, which doesn't happen..

Return to “Vedic Astrology”