JYOTISH!

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

JYOTISH!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:51 am

Sometimes a picture/movie captures reality so well!

This one on UTUBE, recently shared by a well-wisher (hence a teacher!) caught my attention.

I share in the hope that I am not breaking any forum rules:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He7Ge7So ... ture=share

Please ignore any commercial, 'buy this, buy that' messages that might appear. I IGNORED THOSE and did not PURCHASE anything other than the MESSAGE!

Jai Ganapati!

Love, Light, ATTENTION!

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:02 pm

This was great to see, and it should teach us to have respect for our animals, wild or not, they all have a brain, which is clearly displayed in this film.

Many claim that what differ us from animals, is our ability to see, and understand pictures.....

When we saw how the artist managed to follow his/her own drawing, then it is not only training, but real ability involved.

Thx for link :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:19 am

Rhutobello wrote:This was great to see, and it should teach us to have respect for our animals, wild or not, they all have a brain, which is clearly displayed in this film.

Many claim that what differ us from animals, is our ability to see, and understand pictures.....

When we saw how the artist managed to follow his/her own drawing, then it is not only training, but real ability involved.

Thx for link :)
I am glad you enjoyed! I have heard that the elephant is a very intelligent animal and has phenomenal memory. And when I was growing up, I heard that snakes too have very powerful memories. But the latter could be a MYTH.

Though in the Jyotish context (we have got to bringing folks back to it, no matter what or sceptics including those from 'other dimensions' will chide us!), the lunar nodes are considered as Snakes (sarpa) and so is Time and Death (KALSARPA a very telling horoscope which I wrote an article about once). The lunar nodes, in astrological context are often tied in with the concept of KARMA and have been called Karmic 'planets'.

In a sense, if we move from the concrete to the metaphorical and abstract, the lunar nodes are time capsules of past actions (you must suspend your current belief and make the assumption that this is not the only lifetime that exists as many religions teach; they do have a point but we will deal with that later, Goddess-willing!) and while the 'recollections' of specific actions in the remote past may not pop up and get recalled that clearly, the consequences often serve as 'reminders' and then we can address those through right actions this time, including penance which simply means, "I am sorry Father, I have sinned...!" And then we do not just stop at the words, but walk the walk instead of the talk, with the right actions as a self-imposed penalty!

Others may disagree! I am a happy cat and do not fight! :-)

srimedico

Post by srimedico » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:47 pm

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:40 pm

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:07 am

Haha! You are in "form" today, Vinay_bhai! I hope it is not too vain on my part to say that it is very nice to see again, perhaps due to my presence here, and to see the 'lighter' side of you today with all the bouquets you tossed at me to receive with affection! Thanks!!

When you smile, it makes me very happy! I am not being artificial or sarcastic :-(

Genuinely happy for you! I always thought/felt that we have a past connection! Despite (and perhaps due to!) our ongoing 'Nok Jhonk' and mutual teasing! I am thankful to MB Forum and Proj Ghosh who introduced us a few years ago! :-)

Affectionately,

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:40 am

>"You are in "form" today...  ..."

I have grown accustomed to your verbose and digressing style of writing which often threw topics off the field. I disliked it, because I took discussions seriously. Now I take it easy, because I feel internet is rather a playground for you to ease your tensions during serious offline work. I have left those fora which allowed useless personal attacks on me. And I do not care who likes or dislikes SSS or me.

-VJ :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:12 pm

Vinay Jha wrote:>"You are in "form" today...  ..."

I have grown accustomed to your verbose and digressing style of writing which often threw topics off the field. I disliked it, because I took discussions seriously. Now I take it easy, because I feel internet is rather a playground for you to ease your tensions during serious offline work. I have left those fora which allowed useless personal attacks on me. And I do not care who likes or dislikes SSS or me.

-VJ :)
I am glad to hear that! "Adjustment" is a very important thing for sanity in this "crazy" world. Even Nature (God) is full of examples of "ADAPTATION" which is closely linked with "SURVIVAL" and 'EVOLUTION'.

As far as 'digression' is concerned, I see that as "exploration". In passing, you might have noticed (or not!) that I use a lot of analogies and associations sometimes between rather different subjects and areas in life. It is because I like to see such associations and correlations! I learn from them. I have always believed that astrology encompasses all facets of "human experience" or 'life' as some call it. So when I see a similarity between astrological factors and life, it gives me confidence that I am seeing a beautiful synchronicity. I love synchronicities because they show us that though the world may seem chaotic, some Higher Intelligence is "on duty" and hence hopelessness is simply short-sightedness.

Love and Light,

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:35 pm

:)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:47 pm

Vinay Jha wrote::)
Now you are going to keep me up, wondering, what did Vinay_bhai mean...!

Human tendency is that straight forward answers when spoon-fed, taste good but are soon forgotten!

A bit of mystery is like pickles! Even after the food is all swallowed, the aftertaste of the pickle (has to be hot and containing Longia or Nettar Hati or Jalapeno!) lingers on reminding of the meal the spoon fed, long ago!

:smt004

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:16 am

>"A bit of mystery is like pickles!"

Fuggan ki is garib ko   Hayat kaa ye hukm hai
ki samajh harek raaj   Magar fareb khaaye jaa !

Once there was an aweful rainbow in Heaven
We know its woof its texture, it is given
In the dull catalogue of common things
Philosophy will clip an Angel's wings (Lamia, by Jiohn Keats)

-VJ

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:30 am

Vinay Jha wrote:>"A bit of mystery is like pickles!"

Fuggan ki is garib ko   Hayat kaa ye hukm hai
ki samajh harek raaj   Magar fareb khaaye jaa !

Once there was an aweful rainbow in Heaven
We know its woof its texture, it is given
In the dull catalogue of common things
Philosophy will clip an Angel's wings (Lamia, by Jiohn Keats)

-VJ
If old texts and the attitude that all that is to be known by humanity is already there, then what is the point of the world to exist?

But maybe the ancients did not KNOW everything, and hence we stick around to stand on their shoulders to see farther!

Does that make sense? ;-)

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:44 am

A child standing on the shoulder of its father does not know more. Boasts of modern evolutionist fools do not make them wiser than ancient rishis.

-VJ

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:19 am

Vinay Jha wrote:A child standing on the shoulder of its father does not know more. Boasts of modern evolutionist fools do not make them wiser than ancient rishis.

-VJ
AAh! The lake is pretending to be placid! That is progress!

I am not the enemy remember! Nor are those others that you dismiss so readily! Some of them probably don't even care and might arrive soon wearing baloons for all we know! :-)

{Addendum: But the Father still picks the child and hoists him or her lovingly and playfully on his shoulder or the elder brother his baby brother similarly. The baby (brother) does not know about longevity and death for they are not in his or dictionary yet [distant possibilities, distant worries!], and was placed up on the shoulders to see the terrain a bit better. Then what he or she does with what he sees is where he must begin and one day he will do the same to the babies in his care, metaphorically speaking. If the baby does not see but keeps fearing that the elder will drop him or has nefarious intentions, the baby loses and the one who hoists the baby too!}
Last edited by Rohiniranjan on Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Vinay Jha

Post by Vinay Jha » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:46 pm

'I am not the enemy...'

yea

Return to “Vedic Astrology”