Common Sense - a sharing that is not intended to become a thread!

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Common Sense - a sharing that is not intended to become a thread!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:29 am

Society has changed (desh-kaal, etc!) and perhaps modern jyotishis should adopt,
adapt and evolve accordingly! "Nativity will ride elephants" is now Mercedes and
BMW or Ferrari or Porche! 'Chaamar' has been replaced by A.C. and 'domestic help
such as Butlers', 'Rath' has become 'Jet planes', 'Higher vidyaa' has become
POSTGRADUATION, etc!

Our wise forefathers SAW that, I think, and reminding us kaliyugi jyotishis to
remember and take into consideration "DKP"!

Those who do, like many of us, remain loving and grateful towards
ancients who gave us much but often in cryptic slokas, which must not be taken
literally and concretely! But abstractly and metaphorically!

Some *get it* while others remain "LAKIR kay PHAKEER!"

It is all about, "adjusting" that Indians (in soul!) no matter where they end up are used to and never forgot!

Love, Light, Reminding and Lamenting,

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:30 pm

In fact a very important question, which hopefully develop into a thread.

Only through discussion such thing can one grow, If we don't allow discussion about such subject, then we must assume that those who wrote these thing, more then 4000 years ago, knew all about Mankind's development for all future, and that must be a Grand Idea.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Rhutobello wrote:In fact a very important question, which hopefully develop into a thread.

Only through discussion such thing can one grow, If we don't allow discussion about such subject, then we must assume that those who wrote these thing, more then 4000 years ago, knew all about Mankind's development for all future, and that must be a Grand Idea.
Grandpa!

Thanks for allowing me the latitude to express what I and many others felt was necessary and welcome!

I was being overly 'careful' and did not wish to step on any toes or "paws!"
:-)

Love and Gratitude,

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi Dada,

We all 'grow' with time. Imagine the kids talking about parents growing up!! Funny, but happens.

I lately got a book named 'Arabic Parts in astrology' by Robert Zoller. I ordered it in Amazon.com.  Have only read only the first chapter... how the parts were lost....
Reminds me of your abovementioned thread/post very much.
This is about the westerner's view on astrology, down the ages.. with a lot of History.

Yes, Desh Kaal Patro (time and situation specific/as per the present time & situation). Correct me if I am wrong said Gaonkar swapnil.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:35 pm

RishiRahul wrote:Hi Dada,

We all 'grow' with time...
Yes with time, some grow tall, others deep, but many simply grow wide (put on weight) ;-)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:34 am

I had read or heard long ago that kendras represent place (directions, desh-surroundings; I-here, IV-home where we grew up, VII-Other places (including distant places), X-workplace or karmabhumi) while trikonas represent kal (I-today, V-tomorrow-progeny, IX-yesterday-parent/dharma). The 'P' generally understood to be 'Patra' (nativity in the astro sense) also represents perhaps Paristhiti (placement/situation) and encompasses the trikas (VI-challenged by enemies, health problems, VIII-limitation [of life-ayu, debts, disabling diseases, accidents), XII (penury, loss of energy on futile pursuits etc, loss of mental quietitude etc). Naturally in such associative exercises nothing is flawless, complete, comprehensively perfect. Many technically-minded astrologers do not agree with or appreciate the importance of such considerations and are bothered by such ruminations. They would rather go straight to this planet in that sign house means this or that or the other. However, in my personal experience I have never found that sort of 'cook-book' or look-up-table approach too helpful, hence I like such explorative-associative approaches. Perhaps each of us is 'hard-wired' differently and so those who find the other approach 'alone' adequate for their work consistently, that is fine too. I can respect them. It has never been 'my way or take the highway!' with me. I am not too hung-up on ayanamsha too. I have seen people utilize different ayanamshas (within a reasonable range of approximately 2 degrees around the Chitra Paksha) and successfully too. It becomes complicated when different year-durations get included and a few other factors, so my approach has been that perhaps many charts fall in a range where different ayanamshas work and are within the 'tolerance' range as engineers call. For researchers, when astroindicators fall near the cusps (house, sign, nakshatra, varga) etc, the differences become critical. Toss in the accuracy of birthtimes (even if we use the same standard for the moment of birth [first breath, cutting of the cord, delivery of the full body, appearance of head of the baby etc) then the situation really becomes rather confounded and complex.

I don't know how others have fared in their studies and practice, etc. Would be nice to hears their thoughts and experiences.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:15 am

Maybe this show one of the reason to have focus on today...and not only on yesterday...or ancient......just given for mind food.

http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/Depart ... really.htm

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:47 am

Rhutobello wrote:Maybe this show one of the reason to have focus on today...and not only on yesterday...or ancient......just given for mind food.

http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/Depart ... really.htm
It is amazing! Just hours ago, I nent a private message to our dear Rishi Rahul and my sharing with him was about Ptolemy and Tetrabiblios!

Maybe our intuitive friends are tuning into something essential! All cats are similar and connected in mysterious ways!

But the FACT remains!''ZODIAC is just the beginning, and not the end!

Vargas, aspects, padas, vargas, much much more!

But you have arrived at the right place on Mystic Board where it kind of began...!

And we all learned! ;-)

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:13 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:I had read or heard long ago that kendras represent place (directions, desh-surroundings; I-here, IV-home where we grew up, VII-Other places (including distant places), X-workplace or karmabhumi) while trikonas represent kal (I-today, V-tomorrow-progeny, IX-yesterday-parent/dharma). The 'P' generally understood to be 'Patra' (nativity in the astro sense) also represents perhaps Paristhiti (placement/situation) and encompasses the trikas (VI-challenged by enemies, health problems, VIII-limitation [of life-ayu, debts, disabling diseases, accidents), XII (penury, loss of energy on futile pursuits etc, loss of mental quietitude etc). Naturally in such associative exercises nothing is flawless, complete, comprehensively perfect. Many technically-minded astrologers do not agree with or appreciate the importance of such considerations and are bothered by such ruminations. They would rather go straight to this planet in that sign house means this or that or the other. However, in my personal experience I have never found that sort of 'cook-book' or look-up-table approach too helpful, hence I like such explorative-associative approaches. Perhaps each of us is 'hard-wired' differently and so those who find the other approach 'alone' adequate for their work consistently, that is fine too. I can respect them. It has never been 'my way or take the highway!' with me. I am not too hung-up on ayanamsha too. I have seen people utilize different ayanamshas (within a reasonable range of approximately 2 degrees around the Chitra Paksha) and successfully too. It becomes complicated when different year-durations get included and a few other factors, so my approach has been that perhaps many charts fall in a range where different ayanamshas work and are within the 'tolerance' range as engineers call. For researchers, when astroindicators fall near the cusps (house, sign, nakshatra, varga) etc, the differences become critical. Toss in the accuracy of birthtimes (even if we use the same standard for the moment of birth [first breath, cutting of the cord, delivery of the full body, appearance of head of the baby etc) then the situation really becomes rather confounded and complex.

I don't know how others have fared in their studies and practice, etc. Would be nice to hears their thoughts and experiences.

Whoever said that Internet Jyotish/divination is to be taken lightly?!

Given the proper 'Environment' +'Proper 'People' + proper application of intelligence (not sure if it is paka lagna here  :smt003 ).............Internet divination can bring  :smt020 (music) with a :)!

The 'Patro' or 'paristhiti' or 'circumstance' is very important for 'Free Will' that we can apply...as Destiny goes on........>

6th house= challenges (not just in the material sense)
8th house=debt (...do...)
12 house=penury, loss of energy on futile pursuits etc, loss of mental quietitude  (...do...)

The above reminds me of a missing link with numerology.
6= challenge numbers
8= karmik debt numbers
12=could it be karmik lesson number?  or the hidden passion number!!??

Yesss.........The TRIKA'S........ Free Will...........I wonder...

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:19 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:I had read or heard long ago that kendras represent place (directions, desh-surroundings; I-here, IV-home where we grew up, VII-Other places (including distant places), X-workplace or karmabhumi) while trikonas represent kal (I-today, V-tomorrow-progeny, IX-yesterday-parent/dharma). The 'P' generally understood to be 'Patra' (nativity in the astro sense) also represents perhaps Paristhiti (placement/situation) and encompasses the trikas (VI-challenged by enemies, health problems, VIII-limitation [of life-ayu, debts, disabling diseases, accidents), XII (penury, loss of energy on futile pursuits etc, loss of mental quietitude etc). Naturally in such associative exercises nothing is flawless, complete, comprehensively perfect. Many technically-minded astrologers do not agree with or appreciate the importance of such considerations and are bothered by such ruminations. They would rather go straight to this planet in that sign house means this or that or the other. However, in my personal experience I have never found that sort of 'cook-book' or look-up-table approach too helpful, hence I like such explorative-associative approaches. Perhaps each of us is 'hard-wired' differently and so those who find the other approach 'alone' adequate for their work consistently, that is fine too. I can respect them. It has never been 'my way or take the highway!' with me. I am not too hung-up on ayanamsha too. I have seen people utilize different ayanamshas (within a reasonable range of approximately 2 degrees around the Chitra Paksha) and successfully too. It becomes complicated when different year-durations get included and a few other factors, so my approach has been that perhaps many charts fall in a range where different ayanamshas work and are within the 'tolerance' range as engineers call. For researchers, when astroindicators fall near the cusps (house, sign, nakshatra, varga) etc, the differences become critical. Toss in the accuracy of birthtimes (even if we use the same standard for the moment of birth [first breath, cutting of the cord, delivery of the full body, appearance of head of the baby etc) then the situation really becomes rather confounded and complex.

Given the proper 'Environment' +'Proper 'People' + proper application of intelligence (not sure if it is paka lagna here  :smt003 ).............Internet divination can bring  :smt020 (music) with a :)!

The 'Patro' or 'paristhiti' or 'circumstance' is very important for 'Free Will' that we can apply...as Destiny goes on........>

12 house=penury, loss of energy on futile pursuits etc, loss of mental quietitude  (...do...)

6= challenge numbers
8= karmik debt numbers

RishiRahul
Dear brother,

I do not wish to curb your 'boyish' enthusiasm (or is epiphany!), but don't get too excited and critically look around, and I don't mean just 'here'. There are many havens beyond home! ;-)

Love, Light, wide-angle lens!

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:00 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

6= challenge numbers
8= karmik debt numbers

RishiRahul
Dear brother,

I do not wish to curb your 'boyish' enthusiasm (or is epiphany!), but don't get too excited and critically look around, and I don't mean just 'here'. There are many havens beyond home! ;-)

Dada,

Maybe my expression of enthusiasm was boyish...kautukavastha :smt005 .....but Numerology reports that there 3 types of challenges.. which can be compared to the ones given by the 'trikas'.

Thus its a fertile area to ponder on.. and research... and I just shared.

But do tell/guide me if you saw any pitfall here?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:58 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

6= challenge numbers
8= karmik debt numbers

RishiRahul
Dear brother,

Dada,

Maybe my expression of enthusiasm was boyish...kautukavastha :smt005 .....but Numerology reports that there 3 types of challenges.. which can be compared to the ones given by the 'trikas'.

Thus its a fertile area to ponder on.. and research... and I just shared.

But do tell/guide me if you saw any pitfall here?

Dear brother,

I have nothing against fertility and propagation, etc! But I thought that the world was already overpopulated and many fertile Nations were trying to educate their inhabitants to move away from that!

Some zealous ones overdid that and their helicopter came down! There might be other similar facts and factoids! Don't you think that the realm of divination has become a bit overpopulated too? Like my Lala's Thela story shared earlier within the volume of Chela-Tales?

When did it become necessary or why? ;-)

When 'goodies' get spread on the smorgasbord galore and hunger is there, THAT is when we curb our impulses to grab and cook! That is what fasting as a penance means and that is how we curb karma! Sanyaam!!

Love&Light ;-)

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:50 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote: Don't you think that the realm of divination has become a bit overpopulated too?

Love&Light ;-)[/color][/b]
A very important question...

The more we want to control...the more options for failures...the more failures....the less respect from outside.

The best way to benefit Astrology is to backtrack, and see what really help...not to hope to get more under the umbrella.

The best way to help Astrology, is to be honest with some of the questions asked...when will I marry..how do he/she look...will I have a Mansion.. will I be rich ..and so on...and tell that such questions don't belong to Astrology...but to personal initiative.

When we evaluate..then we can't look at those with strongest personality, and say they understand when an Astrologer say so and so...we must look to the weakest...those who run their life by it....those people is your main group...but also your main responsibility.  

Just my cent worth of opinion :)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:01 pm

Rhutobello wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote: Don't you think that the realm of divination has become a bit overpopulated too?

Love&Light ;-)[/color][/b]
A very important question...

The more we want to control...the more options for failures...the more failures....the less respect from outside.

The best way to benefit Astrology is to backtrack, and see what really help...not to hope to get more under the umbrella.

The best way to help Astrology, is to be honest with some of the questions asked...when will I marry..how do he/she look...will I have a Mansion.. will I be rich ..and so on...and tell that such questions don't belong to Astrology...but to personal initiative.

When we evaluate..then we can't look at those with strongest personality, and say they understand when an Astrologer say so and so...we must look to the weakest...those who run their life by it....those people is your main group...but also your main responsibility.  

Just my cent worth of opinion :)

Grandpa!

You are WRONG on TWO counts!

1. It is not just 'astrology' but this entire field known as Divination!

2. What you modestly claim to be a 'cent' is really a dollar, $-ji! ;-)

Thanks for the inspiration!! Credit where credit is due, as has been the practice always!

AMDLGDH!

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:39 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote: Grandpa!

You are WRONG on TWO counts!

1. It is not just 'astrology' but this entire field known as Divination!

AMDLGDH!
You are right...and I have said the same in both Tarot and Psychic section...I even told them a story why I am on this crusade, and here it is :)

Way back, my wife had a friend who lost her husband.

After some years she went to a psychic, and asked when she would met her next "boyfriend"...this was early in the year, and she got the message that she would met him on a bus in Sept-Oct same year.

The Lady was thrilled, and she had only focus on this event, when we said she had to met other people.

When Sept-October came, she traveled a lot with buss but found none.

My evaluation why this could not happen, and what dmg the reading did.

First...it prevented the lady to seek companions the ordinary way, by slowly learn a person.
second....since she should meet this guy on a buss, she made her own image of him....and by that she focused on this image...rather to focus on person...which could not be done anyway on a short buss ride.
Third...the Psychic might say that his/her prediction was right...she only did not find the right buss.......This can't be true....because if she did not find the right buss...the physic could neither see that love would happen on the buss.

So in short...by believing she lost more then 6 month in her hunt for a companion, and in the end it is up to her, and her own belief in herself, that makes her find her next prince.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”