Returns...

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Dear Dada,

case1) born 29 Aug 1980 @ 5.41 a.m. in calcutta.

The native's father gets posted out of town June (-+ 1 month) 1993.

The native had to come to calcutta with others, and a difficult environment resumed in Mar ch/April 1995.

Sorry for the delay in trying to find the dates/time of some events, and for the wrong earlier dates of events.

Please suggest how we should go ahead now? Its better you lead and I will follow.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:55 pm

RishiRahul wrote:Dear Dada,

The native had to come to calcutta with others, and a difficult environment resumed in Mar ch/April 1995.

Sorry for the delay in trying to find the dates/time of some events, and for the wrong earlier dates of events.

Please suggest how we should go ahead now? Its better you lead and I will follow.

Rishi
It is simple, Rishi. Locate the first date of entry of saturn into the 12th from moon. Traditionalists would take that as the point of commencement of sadesati. Then find the moment when saturn first entered the navamsha of natal moon. Take that as the first point of test-sadesati. Since the bad events and difficult circumstances appeared in the early part of the period, see which one (traditional vs test) fits better with the observed and not the associated dasa etc for the Traditional SS and the test SS.

Then repeat same with another chart, then another, then another. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it is a duck, otherwise it is 'duck-shoot!'

Work with good quality data though, or it indeed will end up being duck-shoot!

Love, Light, Levity!

asro

Post by asro » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:31 am

asro wrote:
Quote:
Asro,

The general approximate rule for sadesati is that when saturn in its ~29.5 year orbit (as seen from earth!) arrives in the 12th sign from natal moon, the sadesati begins and it ends when saturn leaves the sign that is in the sign that is the one next to natal moon.

So, if one has moon in leo, the SS will begin when saturn enters during transit in cancer and it ends when saturn leaves virgo and enters libra.

However, the natal moon may be in ketu's nakshatra, or venus nakshatra or the first pada of solar nakshatra that is part of leo rashi (NIRAYANA).

Each nakshatra has four padas of 3d 20m each and so there are 9 nakshatra-padas in each rashi and they correspond to the 9 navamshas that are part of each sign.

Let us say the leo moon is in the fifthe navamsha in leo, ruled by leo (navamsha).
Now when saturn enters cancer (12th sign from Leo)...
The first navamsha in cancer is 'cancer', then leo, virgo, libra...

When saturn enters leo navamsha in cancer (corresponding to the natal lunar navamsha), saturn's 'grip' (as many think of it as...) begins. Over the next several months, Saturn enters leo navamsha (fifth one in leo rashi), the 2nd segment (out of the three that constitute sadesathi) begins, and then when saturn moves to virgo and leaves leo navamsha in virgo (8th navamsha in virgo), the *grip* is believed to end!

So the *grip* lasts for 25 navamshas (in three signs, flanking natal lunar navamsha).

Three considerations:
This system originally recommended by Katweji, slightly modified by rohiniranjan gives a respite of two navamshas (~6 to seven months less than 90 months (7.5 years), but also is more precise and takes into consideration in which degree/navamsha the natal moon actually is!

If natal moon is in first navamsha of leo, then the saturnian grip would begin towards the latter part of its transit in gemini (aries navamsha is seventh one in gemini)!

Clear enough...?

Namastey RRji,

Thanx for making it simple enuough to carry on my head. But  I'll need some more time to gulp it.  i mean I shall be trying this on a few of charts what i i have and try to comprehend more.   Thus I shall have more clarity with charts. But I do thank you for time you spent for me (us).

and incase i still carry the confusion . well I'll be there knocking on your door for more. I hope you dont mind !

warmly
Asro

Absolutely, Asro! That is the whole point behind having a community group, so that the testing (which is generally onerous) can be shared and duplicated, always using good quality data. Much of jyotish testing, unfortunately, does not get shared for fear of ridicule or more maliciousness that sadly is rampant on internet because of a variety of reasons. You must share your results with full details so that we can work in a sharing mode, rather than with any other ulterior motives

Since the true motion of saturn varies from period to period, you will note that the actual time period of the saturn return-sojourn will vary from the 7.5 years generally associated with sade-sati, and similar for dhaiyaa which represents the nominal 2.5 years in the fourth or the eighth from moon (also considered difficult transit zones). While testing, also remember that while these three (SS, CS, AS) remain in a sense, 'karmically-vulerable" times, they are not necessarily negative, and for that one would need to focus not just on transits, but also dasa and the birth chart and particularly navamsa and the chandra moorty consideration in transit, since padas of nakshatra (corresponding to navamsa) is what we are looking at!

Thanks for your time.

Namastey RRji

Sire, dunno is it me  or something else, but each time i decide to devote some time to be a jyotish student I end up being caught in 'Life' :smt017  . Just waking up from  bed of illness (which I had to host as it arrived from nowhere) and now that  before I touch my feet to ground I already see turbulence on career front. Thus need to set the house right before I get back to jyotish.  :smt009  

will be back with studied data but am gonna need time (more than I planned) before I do it. I hope you bear with me until then.

warmly
Asro

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:53 am

Well thank you Asro_ji, for your kind support!

But I can TELL that you have not really read or understood Saturn-blessings or the sequela ;-)

Nor have you truly embraced Shani...

No need to rush...!

Slow and steady, is Shani's way...!

Lunesoleil

Re: Returns...

Post by Lunesoleil » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:15 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:I thought (and wrote so) that perhaps navamsha is the key. The navamsha cycle is 40degrees and is known in western astrology as the nonile or novile aspect. Planets 40 degree apart in a natal chart are in conjunction in navamsha!

It's very interesting this cycle navamsha just before the Moon that I have lived with the passage of Saturn in this area of the zodiac in 1988. First contact on February 14, Saturn was a 10 ° before the Moon and Mars came two day later in the navamsha area. I lived only three years with this man and previously I had lived seven years in solitary, I left a break that had marked me deeply. This man has intervened to make great changes in my life as to send my employers to the money which had not been honest with me. He had redid all the wallpaper of my apartment which was a good thing because I had lived a few psychic phenomena of the lower astral entities. I walked in a world or I learn... This man did a third thing in my life of which I speak, but I NSTS that this meeting was a strong character, he was born under the sign of the fish (tropical zodiac) Aquarius (sidereal zodiac) with also the Moon fish in analogy with my Moon in 12th house. Neptune the modern master of fish is also in conjunction a my Sun, the sign of the fish is attached a my house 11 natal Aquarius analogy the future...
I know well the Novile 40 ° minor said aspect in astrology Western, very little used, this aspect is said spiritual as minor aspects as Quintil 72 ° divides the Zodiac into five parts or Septile 51 ° divides the Zodiac into seven parts.
I have a Novil between Venus and Mars are also master of my house twelve one and six and House seven.
In conclusion the passage of Saturn in the phase navamsha gave this meeting some karmic so he was in my house twelve. I remember the House of the solar revolution of the year which also had its importance.
Currently it is Uranus and the March Lunar in the navamsha and my registration in this forum, Uranus the modern master of Aquarius which is my ten House the Zenith, noon sun, is also my guide, also seen in the West as the master of astrologers

Thank you

for this exciting debate

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:53 pm

Lunesoleil wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:I thought (and wrote so) that perhaps navamsha is the key. The navamsha cycle is 40degrees and is known in western astrology as the nonile or novile aspect. Planets 40 degree apart in a natal chart are in conjunction in navamsha!

It's very interesting this cycle navamsha just before the Moon that I have lived with the passage of Saturn in this area of the zodiac in 1988. First contact on February 14, Saturn was a 10 ° before the Moon and Mars came two day later in the navamsha area. I lived only three years with this man and previously I had lived seven years in solitary, I left a break that had marked me deeply. This man has intervened to make great changes in my life as to send my employers to the money which had not been honest with me. He had redid all the wallpaper of my apartment which was a good thing because I had lived a few psychic phenomena of the lower astral entities. I walked in a world or I learn... This man did a third thing in my life of which I speak, but I NSTS that this meeting was a strong character, he was born under the sign of the fish (tropical zodiac) Aquarius (sidereal zodiac) with also the Moon fish in analogy with my Moon in 12th house. Neptune the modern master of fish is also in conjunction a my Sun, the sign of the fish is attached a my house 11 natal Aquarius analogy the future...
I know well the Novile 40 ° minor said aspect in astrology Western, very little used, this aspect is said spiritual as minor aspects as Quintil 72 ° divides the Zodiac into five parts or Septile 51 ° divides the Zodiac into seven parts.
I have a Novil between Venus and Mars are also master of my house twelve one and six and House seven.
In conclusion the passage of Saturn in the phase navamsha gave this meeting some karmic so he was in my house twelve. I remember the House of the solar revolution of the year which also had its importance.
Currently it is Uranus and the March Lunar in the navamsha and my registration in this forum, Uranus the modern master of Aquarius which is my ten House the Zenith, noon sun, is also my guide, also seen in the West as the master of astrologers

Thank you

for this exciting debate

Dear friend,

Certainly not a debate, I hope :-(
Just an exchange of perceptions, though from very different perspectives and zodiacs, which is not frustrating for me personally but potentially mind-expanding (in a good and healthy sense!).

As we progress on our spiritual path, which to me is nothing HOLY or anything like that, but simply the ability to look at what seemed Black and White earlier and beginning to see the glimpses of GREY in it. The ability to see a patch of colour on a canvas but at the same time the ability to see the texture of the patch (another dimension!) and to see the interface or boundaries of the colour-patch where it meets other coloured patches or reveals the canvas underneath. The analogy can keep going on and on until all readers will begin yawning and drive us out :-) (c'est une blague! Les membres sont tres gentille et aimables et amicales!!)

Revenons a nos moutons..., as the persona progresses, the finer vargas, the finer nuances known as minor aspects, including the YOD, the finger of GOD as english astrologers have called it, begins to be perceived and expressed! YOD has always intrigued me! Two difficult aspects, embracing a soft sextile! The 'Y' reminds me of a TRIPOD!

Regards,

Lunesoleil

Post by Lunesoleil » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:26 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:Revenons a nos moutons..., as the persona progresses, the finer vargas, the finer nuances known as minor aspects, including the YOD, the finger of GOD as english astrologers have called it, begins to be perceived and expressed! YOD has always intrigued me! Two difficult aspects, embracing a soft sextile! The 'Y' reminds me of a TRIPOD!

I'm writing an article on the Yod or commonly known as the "finger of God"
http://archives-lepost.huffingtonpost.f ... maine.html

I wish you a fact after noon

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:02 am

Lunesoleil wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:Revenons a nos moutons..., as the persona progresses, the finer vargas, the finer nuances known as minor aspects, including the YOD, the finger of GOD as english astrologers have called it, begins to be perceived and expressed! YOD has always intrigued me! Two difficult aspects, embracing a soft sextile! The 'Y' reminds me of a TRIPOD!

I'm writing an article on the Yod or commonly known as the "finger of God"
http://archives-lepost.huffingtonpost.f ... maine.html

I wish you a fact after noon

I would look forward with anticipation reading your article on YODs.

I must also take the opportunity to apologise to Swetha and Rishi Rahul that I have broken (already) yet another old rule (I did not know! :-(  of the forum, to not use language other than english. I occasionally posted in Indian languages and a few fragments in French. I just love all these languages and got a bit carried away, and my misdeed might have encouraged others to innocently follow suit and so on.

That said, Rishi_bhai, you should have felt comfortable to remind me of that publicly! :-) I do not expect or deserve any special considerations here! I am just another member and if I 'speed' or park in a wrong spot, I deserve a ticket! But please do not send me to jail or 'deport' me! <LOL>

Love, Light, Humble Levity,

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:43 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi
It is simple, Rishi. Locate the first date of entry of saturn into the 12th from moon. Traditionalists would take that as the point of commencement of sadesati. Then find the moment when saturn first entered the navamsha of natal moon. Take that as the first point of test-sadesati. Since the bad events and difficult circumstances appeared in the early part of the period, see which one (traditional vs test) fits better with the observed and not the associated dasa etc for the Traditional SS and the test SS.

Then repeat same with another chart, then another, then another. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it is a duck, otherwise it is 'duck-shoot!'

Love, Light, Levity!
Dear Dada,

Very corrrectly said that we should not consider the dasa here; and good quality data of a known individual who remembers data + willingness to share.

Sometimes, people are willing to share but may not remember such fine details.

Anyway, considering the chart born: 2 March 1961 @ 6.03 a.m. in Coimbatore, India:=

Moon in simha rasi, karkata navamsa (taking N.C.lahiri ayanamsa).
sani enters karkata rasi, and vrisha navamsa on 6 Sept 2004.

Still am a bit confused about the sani's entry in navamsa; would like to know when ideally sade sati is supposed to begin... i mean sani's entry to which navamsa (around this period)

Rishi
P.S: I have reverted back to the coimbatore data, as details are quite readily avaible

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:35 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

Love, Light, Levity!
Dear Dada,

Very corrrectly said that we should not consider the dasa here; and good quality data of a known individual who remembers data + willingness to share.

Anyway, considering the chart born: 2 March 1961 @ 6.03 a.m. in Coimbatore, India:=

Still am a bit confused about the sani's entry in navamsa; would like to know when ideally sade sati is supposed to begin... i mean sani's entry to which navamsa (around this period)

Rishi
P.S: I have reverted back to the coimbatore data, as details are quite readily avaible
Entry in karka rashi karka navamsha till exit from kanya rashi-karka navamsha.

unanth

My Sade Sati from Moon's Navamsa

Post by unanth » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:39 am

Hello,

Hope i understood the concept of this thread rightly and able to share.

I am giving below my birth details and corresponding &nbsp;transit details
of Saturn on My Moon's Navamsa in 3 rasis.
Using J- Hora. using default settings related to calculations Lahiri chitrapaksha.

If i am right in the details, pls confirm after proceeding with other charts You are looking at, so that i will give returns during that period. in the mean time i ll try to recollect.

July 5th 1977
Hyderabad, India
3.50 a.m ( birth certificate)

Moon in Aquarius, in Satabisha Nakshatra in 2nd pada in Rasi chart.
Moon in Capricorn Navamsa in Rasi Chart.

12th from Moon. Saturn enters Capricorn Rasi- Capricorn Navamsa on March 21st 1990

1st from Moon. Saturn enters Aquarius Rasi- Capricorn Navamsa on
March 1st 1994

2nd from Moon. Saturn enters Pisces Rasi- Capricorn Navamsa on
April 29th 1997

Leaves Pisces Rasi- Capricorn Navamsa on May 30th 1997
2nd time

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:12 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

Love, Light, Levity!
Dear Dada,

Rishi

RishiRahul wrote:Dear Dada (and others),

In respect of the study of the time of start of sade sati; cases with moon 20 to 25 degrees was not posted due to not knowing of the date of start.

case 2) born 2 March 1961@ 6.03 a.m. in coimbatore, India == sade sati started when the native went abroad to face harsh environment. Date of moving abroad- 12 Aug 2004.
                                                                                                                                                                              another step calling for harsher environment= 20-25 Dec 2004

RishiRahul

Dear Dada and others,

(N.C. Lahiri ayanamsa used)

moon enters karka (cancer) rasi=6 Sept 2004
moon enters karka (cancer) navamsha=7 Sept 2004

Nothing in particular happened on these dates in 2004, but the family (after moving to a new country on 12 Aug 2004), moved to a separate apartment independantly, on 1st. Sept 2004, after being unsettked since moving abroad.

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:47 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

Love, Light, Levity!
Dear Dada,

Rishi

In respect of the study of the time of start of sade sati; cases with moon 20 to 25 degrees was not posted due to not knowing of the date of start.

case 2) born 2 March 1961@ 6.03 a.m. in coimbatore, India == sade sati started when the native went abroad to face harsh environment. Date of moving abroad- 12 Aug 2004.

RishiRahul

Dear Dada and others,

Nothing in particular happened on these dates in 2004, but the family (after moving to a new country on 12 Aug 2004), moved to a separate apartment independantly, on 1st. Sept 2004, after being unsettked since moving abroad.

RishiRahul
Oh, now I get it what you meant in your private email when you said 'research'! This thread!! :-)

Did you mistyped the dates? You had two dates for entry into cancer rashi and cancer navamsha in cancer rashi!

Sadesati need not produce the effect on the very first date! I am getting a slightly earlier date because of ayanamsha etc, but not significantly different. This is an interesting chart because saturn is lagnesh and final dispositor of all planets. However the lagnesh-attribute has a slight 'twist', but I will leave that out for now.

This individual has a 'different' way of thinking and generally does not listen to others, is non-conformist to some extent and did he have some difficulties, obstacles with education and can be a 'difficult' person at times?

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:11 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Rishi

Love, Light, Levity!
Dear Dada,

Rishi

RishiRahul

Dear Dada and others,

RishiRahul
Oh, now I get it what you meant in your private email when you said 'research'! This thread!! :-)

Did you mistyped the dates? You had two dates for entry into cancer rashi and cancer navamsha in cancer rashi!

Sadesati need not produce the effect on the very first date! I am getting a slightly earlier date because of ayanamsha etc, but not significantly different. This is an interesting chart because saturn is lagnesh and final dispositor of all planets. However the lagnesh-attribute has a slight 'twist', but I will leave that out for now.

This individual has a 'different' way of thinking and generally does not listen to others, is non-conformist to some extent and did he have some difficulties, obstacles with education and can be a 'difficult' person at times?

Dear Dada,

using N.C. Lahiri ayanamsa I got:

moon enters karka (cancer) rasi, and karka navamsa=6 Sept 2004, early morning between 3 & 4 hrs. &nbsp; :)

If I get your ayanamsa correctly, the entry into karka rasi and navamsa comes to 28t Aug 2004, early morning around 8 a.m..(closer)

Are we on the right track now? considering the date of change being 1 Sept 2004.

Yes, Rahu can be lagnesh too, in a smaller way.
She used to listen to others till age 38; her Mars dasa showed a rebellious behaviour.

Please confirm if I am right about the dates of entry, so that I can proceed further...... The case is very interesting for sade sati study.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:38 pm

Rishi,

My sincere advice to you would be to stay with the ayanamsha you are familiar with, in other words keep that variable constant (to what you are used to and convinced of). Our parameters are not all that farther apart, for this research of yours.

What you are researching here is the zone of so called sade-sati. The rough and ready only looks at the natal moon (regardless of its position in the sign) and when saturn enters the 12th sign therefrom to when it exits the 2nd sign from natal moon, mainstream believes or claims, defines the difficult zone of sadesati.

What Katve and others have proposed is to take the 90degree zone around natal chandra spastha (the navamsha approach being a modification of that which we have spent quite a bit of time explaining and understanding! :-)

Compare in charts these two zones with actual events and experiences of the nativities and then move on to the next problem, next pot-hole on the Jyotish highway, which has many many such potholes! Arsa longa vita brevis!

Remain mindful though that the assumption that sadesati is necessarily evil, malefic, bad is not always necessarily so!

And do so without getting too excited or too discouraged too quickly (all of us mercurians have that problem and we definitely need shani on our side to counteract that! ;-))

And in between hard work and research, take the time to smell the roses and listen to good music!

Return to “Vedic Astrology”