Functional Nature of Mars in Tula

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: Functional Nature of Mars in Tula

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:39 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote:Hi

I have doubt about functional nature of Mangala or Mars for Tula lagna people, some books have said it is functional benefic while other books have said it as functional malefic?

As rule - being 7th lord/2nd lord, and natural malefic it must be functional benefic but again as maraka planet it can be functional malefic. Mars is neutral for Venus (lagna lord) in term of relationship.

Like to get your ideas...

Thanks!

:smt017  :smt017

Dear Brian,

I and Biltu have recently been raked on coals for wishing RRji (moderator!) a happy birthday prematurely (Biltu started that one and I trusted him...;-)) so with that caveat, first of all let me wish you an EARLY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 32 years represents in jyotish as the domain of awakening for mercury! May you receive ITs (merc is a neuter gender in jyotish and represents expense/investments in advanced training etc and expanding horizons as a good and fruitful pursuit, this year. Very generally speaking!

A good year to patch up with a sibling or someone like a sibling possibly elder, in case there is one with whom communication had been a bit challenged or non-existent or some 'issue' unresolved. You will have to make the next active move to resolve that, though! If this makes sense, go for it!

With those personal and sincere wishes and blessings (I am older than you and we are in an Indian cultural ambience and milieu in this Jyotish corner on ecclectic and global Mystic Board!) behind and aside; mars is lord of 2nd and 7th and thus represents a neutral house and a benefic house (or Evard's benevolent!). In my puny observations which I will not share because it takes time and effort, benefics as kendradhipatis hold back on their beneficience (why? The message is already getting too long...!) but do not become malefic, and the malefics as kendradhipatis vice versa! Now, if mars happens to represent the father and is placed in the column named expenditure, it would represent some sort of loss or expenditure pertaining to the father or some sacrifice etc perhaps between ages 15-22, Whether it did take place or not is dependent on certain variables including actual time of birth, place of birth and all that astrological actuarial precision which as an 'astrology reader' as your shingle says, you know already, I am sure!

A simple and straight question from you on this thread has received much konfusion and contortions and linguistic gymnastics, some of which would present even Hath yoga, which in the west is now being marketed as HOT YOGA, and they mean it folks! They actually do hath yoga in HEATED ROOMS! Well in Mother India, that is not an additional step or expense because Lord Sun provides more heat there than necessary, but who can challenge a Father's GIFT, as long as Mother is around too to provide remedies soon thereafter!

Maraka is something which I have never taken as a 'malefic factor', but more like the final exam after a certain course or curriculum known as a "Life-plan in learning about Human-experience"!

If you fail, you go back to the same class to repeat and hopefully improve. If you pass, you get promoted to the next class and given an opportunity to remember your earlier classmates that failed, and perhaps help them in succeeding, even as you continue to learn new things!

The schooling ONLY ends when you GRADUATE! Then you move to another institution of even HIGHER EDUCATION!

And that is how it goes! It is amusing to hear questions from querrants who say,"I have been worshipping Lord Krishna and fasting and doing charity for past forty years and still see no light! Panditji, please tell me which gemstone I should wear to find my ishta devta (guardian angel!) and will I achieve Moksha (paradise)? after this birthtime?"

I hope at least some of you see the 'jaw-dropping' effect that that kind of mentality can induce in some of us!

Dear RRji

First of all thanks you for your birth day wishes! Yes, even I leant astrology since small ages, esp. again learnt it in official way via teachers between 1999 - 2001, but I practically used it after 30years at my age. Period 2000 - 2008, I did only experiments see whether there have truth in astrology (as I had scientific and technological background :smt002 ). If talk about mercury my mercury is in 9th house as it's own house.  :)

I want to read your explanation about 2nd/7th lord (mars) in calm mind and will come back to discussion soon...

Thanks!
Dear Brahma Mihira,

What RR ji mentions here is REAL Jyotish, without going to superstitious terms, rather modern terms and less 'cryptic'.

As the few times criticized Dr. B.V. Raman had mentioned that in such cases a benefic can seize to act as a benefic.

Anyway, I loved RR ji's hot yoga bit :smt005..

RishiRahul

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:57 am

Certain wrote:
biltu wrote:Maybe this is off topic ----

what is mean by Moksha (paradise) --- from my thoughts

Moksha (paradise) is a situation or Abastha ( not an English word ) where a soul dissolve forever with the supreme power. Muni Rishi are goes into that Moksha (paradise) after their birth time. Why I say Muni Rishi, actually they are known as Sadhak ( Not an English word ) I don't have any English words to express correctly what I want to mean. Some one need to read their ( Sadhak ) life story to know and understand why they goes in to Moksha (paradise) and how.

For general people like us paradise and hell has on this earth. Whom goes into earth paradise and Whom goes into earth hell this is depend on their work and kind of thoughts on their life time. Just look around then you can see that some one live with full luxury and some one live with hard work. Why is this differences ? because of the free will.

Hope you all understand what I want to say or mean. Maybe I am wrong what I say above. but when I ask this question to him who is living inside of me he gives me this answer. And I understand and feel this is the truth. That's why I share my feelings and thoughts here by some words which I am not able to express absolutely correctly.
Mokha is not paradise , it is almost when soul merges back with 'source' or God and is uniformly aligned with it in attributes and finds/ seeks no duality from it.
Paradise is different and is synonym of heaven. You never know how many peaceful Loka exist around in different dimensions. So paradise is another 'good' dimension which is not as strenuous as Earth but then it is nothing close to be called as Moksha.
Moksha is attained by souls who desire unification over anything else. Feature/attribute required is Neutrality to everything. It is going above and beyond the opposites of Prakrati guna eg love and hatred , friendship and enmity , sacred karma or sin etc.  It is extracting oneself out of all the guna of prakriti and unifing and merging  in source / god.

As I think, Moksha is not heaven, it is totally extinguishing mind energy with element of earth, fire, water and air which are attached to soul. However Mars is one of the planet which helps to attain moksha.

Certain

Post by Certain » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:19 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Certain wrote:

Moksha (paradise) is a situation or Abastha ( not an English word ) where a soul dissolve forever with the supreme power. Muni Rishi are goes into that Moksha (paradise) after their birth time. Why I say Muni Rishi, actually they are known as Sadhak ( Not an English word ) I don't have any English words to express correctly what I want to mean. Some one need to read their ( Sadhak ) life story to know and understand why they goes in to Moksha (paradise) and how.

For general people like us paradise and hell has on this earth. Whom goes into earth paradise and Whom goes into earth hell this is depend on their work and kind of thoughts on their life time. Just look around then you can see that some one live with full luxury and some one live with hard work. Why is this differences ? because of the free will.

Hope you all understand what I want to say or mean. Maybe I am wrong what I say above. but when I ask this question to him who is living inside of me he gives me this answer. And I understand and feel this is the truth. That's why I share my feelings and thoughts here by some words which I am not able to express absolutely correctly.
Mokha is not paradise , it is almost when soul merges back with 'source' or God and is uniformly aligned with it in attributes and finds/ seeks no duality from it.
Paradise is different and is synonym of heaven. You never know how many peaceful Loka exist around in different dimensions. So paradise is another 'good' dimension which is not as strenuous as Earth but then it is nothing close to be called as Moksha.
Moksha is attained by souls who desire unification over anything else. Feature/attribute required is Neutrality to everything. It is going above and beyond the opposites of Prakrati guna eg love and hatred , friendship and enmity , sacred karma or sin etc.  It is extracting oneself out of all the guna of prakriti and unifing and merging  in source / god.
A Wonderfully Practical thought on moksha......not from the books; but from Real Experience........Certainly Growing & blossoming in Life.

RishiRahul
Thanks a lot . I wish I could attain that neutrality.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:57 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote:
Certain wrote:

As I think, Moksha is not heaven, it is totally extinguishing mind energy with element of earth, fire, water and air which are attached to soul. However Mars is one of the planet which helps to attain moksha.

For all of us who obviously have not attained/experienced Moksha, but have views on it - myself included, it is like a man trying to convey to other men how a woman experiences pregnancy, motherhood (and related...). Now, remember that this is just an analogy which by its very nature is limited and hence must not be subjected to over-generalization! For instance, I am not saying or claiming that only women can attain Moksha :-)

Moksha, I think, is when the individual's awareness expands and becomes ONE with consciousness -- and then never leaves that state...!

Love, Light, Shangrila...!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:06 pm

Certain wrote:

Whether he intended to do so or not, in Shri Vinay Jha's recent post about vargas, there was a hint about multidimensionality as expressed through the cycles of 12. If you have not, read that again paying attention to the "cycles of 12" which form an interesting pattern. Pattern of the dimensions and the vargas that get classified or categorised in Jyotish under the first 12, then the next 12, then 12+12+12+## and so on...

Evard

Post by Evard » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:21 pm

<Sigh> ., hi again .

12 and Dimensions .

The Earth is said to be recognised as a twelve sided object .

Dimensions are said to be magical . Realms of the Cyttora .

Moons are said to be a smaller twenty sided object .s :-D :-D

Twelve dimensions of magic are portended as the beginning
on sense to allow a new Magical Network of the planets at a
space of the 50 systems which make up . 02 , 10 20 N pana
known to some as pana.i pana.e and pana.u after 20[+]Om &nbsp; &nbsp; this is a newer Magical Network and dimensions comment .

biltu

Post by biltu » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:51 pm

What is Moksha -----
Rohiniranjan wrote: Moksha, I think, is when the individual's awareness expands and becomes ONE with consciousness -- and then never leaves that state...!
Very Much Appropriate answer of that question :)

Evard wrote:<Sigh> ., hi again .

12 and Dimensions .

The Earth is said to be recognised as a twelve sided object .

Dimensions are said to be magical . Realms of the Cyttora .

Moons are said to be a smaller twenty sided object .s :-D :-D

Twelve dimensions of magic are portended as the beginning
on sense to allow a new Magical Network of the planets at a
space of the 50 systems which make up . 02 , 10 20 N pana
known to some as pana.i pana.e and pana.u after 20[+]Om     this is a newer Magical Network and dimensions comment .
This time I understand you post meaning much clearly  :smt006

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:14 am

Again if we attach to topic of this thread, what about moon's functional nature? Lot of moving rashis moon consider as functional benefic or neutral but for tula lagna it is consider as functional malefic. Being 10th lord and creating raja yoga too.

Some are consider moon as natural benefic when consider functional nature, while others choose sukla or krishna paksh of the moon, what about your opinions? Esp. with moving rashis.

Certain

Post by Certain » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:12 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote:Again if we attach to topic of this thread, what about moon's functional nature? Lot of moving rashis moon consider as functional benefic or neutral but for tula lagna it is consider as functional malefic. Being 10th lord and creating raja yoga too.

Some are consider moon as natural benefic when consider functional nature, while others choose sukla or krishna paksh of the moon, what about your opinions? Esp. with moving rashis.
Why would it be functional malefic for Tula Lagna. 10Tth lord is not really worthy of being called malefic. It doesnt even host any other house in Tula lagna.

I personally have seen people in Krishna paksha getting tougher emotional time and harder times in corporal factors as well in comparison to the opposite.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote:Again if we attach to topic of this thread, what about moon's functional nature? Lot of moving rashis moon consider as functional benefic or neutral but for tula lagna it is consider as functional malefic. Being 10th lord and creating raja yoga too.

All planets have 'phasic' strengths, aka, exaltation-debilitation. Moon has the additional phasic paksha bala (dark-bright phases). The two can be utilized together to arrive at useful hints. Neither is absolute...!

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:01 am

Certain wrote:

Why would it be functional malefic for Tula Lagna. 10Tth lord is not really worthy of being called malefic. It doesnt even host any other house in Tula lagna.

I personally have seen people in Krishna paksha getting tougher emotional time and harder times in corporal factors as well in comparison to the opposite.
Apart from 1st lord, 10th is consider as more benefic than 4th or 7th. If moon become 1st, 2nd, 8th, 12th lords then it can be considered as functional neutral. If moon in the bright circle then 10th lord can consider as functional melefic. However moon is enemy to venus (lagna lord of tula). Queen can be angry with another nice woman. &nbsp;:smt002

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:29 am

Brahma Mihira wrote:
Certain wrote:

Apart from 1st lord, 10th is consider as more benefic than 4th or 7th. If moon become 1st, 2nd, 8th, 12th lords then it can be considered as functional neutral. If moon in the bright circle then 10th lord can consider as functional melefic. However moon is enemy to venus (lagna lord of tula). Queen can be angry with another nice woman.  :smt002

I wish it were truly that simple, straightforward, friend! But to each their own perceptions, belief and reality!

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:00 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote:
Certain wrote:

Apart from 1st lord, 10th is consider as more benefic than 4th or 7th. If moon become 1st, 2nd, 8th, 12th lords then it can be considered as functional neutral. If moon in the bright circle then 10th lord can consider as functional melefic. However moon is enemy to venus (lagna lord of tula). Queen can be angry with another nice woman.  :smt002

I wish it were truly that simple, straightforward, friend! But to each their own perceptions, belief and reality!
NOT simple and straightforward, just I put some ideas which help moon can be malefic to tula lagna. Or it can not be! Esp. if we neglect dark or brighter case...

:smt017

Return to “Vedic Astrology”