Can we reduce strengths of planets?

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

plambu

Post by plambu » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:28 pm

Hello
I have Rahu in Lagna (in Leo), and Mercury in 2nd at 29.53 degrees, hence it is neither in 2nd nor 3rd, Sun also in 2nd. I have heard of increasing strengths, but can we decrease it? Also, Rahu in Lagna overshadows Sun wherever it is present. Can something be done about it?

govardhanvt

Post by govardhanvt » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:29 am

Dear plambu

Can Sun be made to rise in the west?

The answer to the question is as simple as that.

Why do you want to decrease the strength. Rather, I would like you to take the advantage of it and  look at it positively and do enhance the good in such position .

Regards
V.T.GOVARDHAN

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:06 am

that was a very nice way of looking at things positively mr. govardhan. i completely agree with u.

plambu

Mr Govardhan could you elaborate

Post by plambu » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:09 am

Hello
If indeed the position of Mercury is good, your answer is appropriate. However, some of the astrologists say that you get neither good/bad of 2nd/3rd position as it is hanging in the middle.  Is this position beneficial? Maybe you get a better idea if you have full details. My dob is 27-9-1960, 03:38 AM in Pune (Maharashtra).
Also if sun is overshadowed by Rahu, being in Lagna, is it seen by its enemy planets or that part never happens?
Just because of my bad periods, I started to read some books and get insight. My questions should not offend anyone.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:40 pm

I think with the full details of ur birth, someone will be able to tell u more about the aspects & stuff.

Vamsee

Post by Vamsee » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:22 am

simple logic can solve this

to decrease the power of a theif, just increase the power of police.

this method is used for ppl with mangalik dosha.
they suffer due to mars and increasing jupiter's power can control the ill-effects of mars

if u feel milk has overdose of sugar, then add more milk to balance it.
sugar content will remain same but sweetness will be more balanced

remedial measures(few tantric methods work wonders) can keep disturbing planets in control

nit111

to plambu!!!

Post by nit111 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:17 am

are u in service!!!!how is ur period from march 1999 onwards???????//

plambu

to Nit111

Post by plambu » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:48 am

Hello
Till 2000-01 the period was excellent, 02-03 was also okay, but then gradually the things started declining and continued. The last two years are very bad with health problems also cropping up and overshadowing any work orders that come up. I am self-employed as it was difficult to remain in service, as within 8-10 months of each service conditions used to become so bad, that it became difficult and I had to quit. After being employed in 3-4 companies, I decided to work on my own. The main problem is that if I go out searching for work, it never finalises whereas if it comes on its own, I stand a chance to get it.
Thanks
plambu

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:42 am

Dear Friend,

This reality is not about utopia or perfect painless existence! WE are not born with a little controlboard where there are two dials labelled PAIN and PLEASURE which we may tweak and twirl and get it just right, as it suits us! I know there are vendors who would have you believe otherwise!

plambu

to rohinranjan

Post by plambu » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:35 am

Hello
Agreed. My reply was based on the question put up on the forum. I never said, I need a switch, instead I just gave some details so that if one has the knowledge, he can go on and browse my chart, and tally whatever he finds from my description. Hence pls be more open to others' views.

Bye
plambu

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:52 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:Dear Friend,

This reality is not about utopia or perfect painless existence! WE are not born with a little controlboard where there are two dials labelled PAIN and PLEASURE which we may tweak and twirl and get it just right, as it suits us! I know there are vendors who would have you believe otherwise!

This shows up as my first message on this board, by the way!

In August of that very year, I embraced reality and though pained by that experience, so much growth and relief, I received over the ensuing years!

Just trying to be equitable since I replied to Vinod_bhai's first posting on this forum!

Once again, folks, what is in a name? If KRISHNA were to arrive bearing a different NAME, would the message or the IMPACT have changed or been any different?

I am not claiming to be Krishna or whatever other names you may think of me as or so on from time to time ;-)

Big or small, focus on the message and if it is of no use to you, move on, but if it connects with you, pay attention to what you connect with and then move on!

For the messengers just impart their message and move on! They can only read out the telegram if you are illiterate but please do not expect them to explain what the original message-creator intended!

Love, Light, Reality?

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:08 am

Vamsee wrote:simple logic can solve this

they suffer due to mars and increasing jupiter's power can control the ill-effects of mars

remedial measures(few tantric methods work wonders) can keep disturbing planets in control
As i seen if jupiter and saturn have combination this theory works well, to control mars sometime jupiter not helps much, however in this topic reduce power of rahu, sometime ketu or budha can be used, isnt?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:42 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote:
Vamsee wrote:simple logic can solve this

As i seen if jupiter and saturn have combination this theory works well, to control mars sometime jupiter not helps much, however in this topic reduce power of rahu, sometime ketu or budha can be used, isnt?

So, how exactly does one reduce or increase the power as you all are calling it, of any planet?

Same process and procedure for benefics and malefics?
Inherent B or M or functional (circumstantial??)
How to deal with situation where IM (inherent or natural malefic) is FB (functional benefic) and IB is FM...?

The *plot* of the Spheres thickens...! ;-)

And then we have to punch in another variable in the CODE!

W and S! Not directions (though important and relevant from astrological angle -- the inherently preferred directions ascribed to planets!) but also their BALA states, and awasthas, and when considering houses, ashtakavarga (the prescription by DEFT Parashara for us Kaliyuga dunces and daft ones!) for after all, mangal dosha (martian blemish!) has been tied to certain houses and not a blanket blemish, no matter where the planet under inquest is?

House by sign, equal house division, Sripati-Porphyrii or the favourite of many western astrologers as also KP followers: Placidian distribution and segmentation, OR is it one of the MANY others!

Mind boggling, EH...?

Love, Light, Practical REALITY!

Return to “Vedic Astrology”