Cancellation Yoga in Exalted Planet

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Brahma Mihira

Cancellation Yoga in Exalted Planet

Post by Brahma Mihira » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:10 am

Dear Friends,

If you had experienced with Cancellation of Debilitation factors, what are your ideas when - ruler of the sign where the exalted planet is placed is exalted or at least is placed in its own sign?

Then is planet loss it power of Exaltation?  

Thanks!

:smt017
Neither mother, father nor any other relative can do one great splendor than one's own well-directed mind!

Rohiniranjan

Re: Cancellation Yoga in Exalted Planet

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:31 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote:Dear Friends,

If you had experienced with Cancellation of Debilitation factors, what are your ideas when - ruler of the sign where the exalted planet is placed is exalted or at least is placed in its own sign?

Thanks!

What do your personal observations and research show...?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:07 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:

Thanks!

Still i didn't get charts which have this combination for research level, but chart with - ruler of the sign where the debilitated planet is placed is debilitated - then person is struggle to success in wealth but difficult to attain it, but he has good job but money is wasted for loans, etc.
Neither mother, father nor any other relative can do one great splendor than one's own well-directed mind!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Brahma Mihira wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Thanks!

Still i didn't get charts which have this combination for research level, but chart with - ruler of the sign where the debilitated planet is placed is debilitated - then person is struggle to success in wealth but difficult to attain it, but he has good job but money is wasted for loans, etc.

[edited for clarity...]
Just a "suggestion", and certainly not a dictum when I propose: You have very rightly pointed at the concept of 'dispositors'; now in addition to focusing too exclusively and pointedly at just exalted-debilitated status of these planets and dispositors, also 'bring in' the factors of rulership and placement with respect to bhavas and then measure and match those against the measure of passage of TIME! Dashas and transits. The scene may become clearer, just like one of those days when it does not rain, but schools of clouds float about sometimes momentarily covering the sun and the sun appears from time to time. One of those enchanted, magical, beautiful days when we see the POWER of wandering DARK clouds and the patience of the CONSTANT SUN that keeps shining and showering its light on planet earth, regardless of the 'sun-filter' of dark clouds...! ;-)

Love and Light and Sunlight!!

Brahma Mihira

Post by Brahma Mihira » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Thanks!

[edited for clarity...]
Just a "suggestion", and certainly not a dictum when I propose: You have very rightly pointed at the concept of 'dispositors'; now in addition to focusing too exclusively and pointedly at just exalted-debilitated status of these planets and dispositors, also 'bring in' the factors of rulership and placement with respect to bhavas and then measure and match those against the measure of passage of TIME! Dashas and transits. The scene may become clearer, just like one of those days when it does not rain, but schools of clouds float about sometimes momentarily covering the sun and the sun appears from time to time. One of those enchanted, magical, beautiful days when we see the POWER of wandering DARK clouds and the patience of the CONSTANT SUN that keeps shining and showering its light on planet earth, regardless of the 'sun-filter' of dark clouds...! ;-)

Ok, I will research on your advices, I have found lot of people who have - ruler of the sign where the debilitated planet is placed is debilitated - combination, but not yet find who had - ruler of the sign where the exalted planet is placed is exalted - state.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:03 am

Brahma Mihira wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Brahma Mihira wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:

Thanks!

[edited for clarity...]

Ok, I will research on your advices, I have found lot of people who have - ruler of the sign where the debilitated planet is placed is debilitated - combination, but not yet find who had - ruler of the sign where the exalted planet is placed is exalted - state.

Brian!

On astrodienst -- there are 80+ charts with sun in aries and mars in capricorn.

Nearly 100 with moon in taurus and venus in pisces

80+ with saturn in libra and venus in pisces

80+ with jupiter in cancer and moon in taurus

etc etc...!

Allons-Y!!

Love, Light, Curiosity and Searching!

Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

sadasiva108

Post by sadasiva108 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:57 pm

no such thing as anything being cancelled.

Everything is added.

Meaning - if you add salt and sugar to soup, the salt does not cancel the sugar.

Neecha banga (or the reverse) is the same thing.

First you have to know what the planet means (as a karaka) and acts (as a house ruler) .. then you know what part of the being is affected by the dignity - then you add the other factors and exactly what they bring to the situation.

Because this is complex, the mind wants to codify things into simple "cancellation" platitudes.

They do not work.  

Yes, the rishis indicated these potentials, but just as a way to show a subtlety, not define an absolute.

Best Wishes,
Sam
Np promotion of own services in signatures or post.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:46 am

sadasiva108 wrote:no such thing as anything being cancelled.

Everything is added.

Meaning - if you add salt and sugar to soup, the salt does not cancel the sugar.

First you have to know what the planet means (as a karaka) and acts (as a house ruler) .. then you know what part of the being is affected by the dignity - then you add the other factors and exactly what they bring to the situation.

Because this is complex, the mind wants to codify things into simple "cancellation" platitudes.

They do not work.  

Yes, the rishis indicated these potentials, but just as a way to show a subtlety, not define an absolute.

Best Wishes,
Sam
Dear Sam,

You are quite right! Regarding salt and sugar metaphor and equating it to the bhanga yogas etc. :-)

Karm ki gati nyaari santon! Karmic total must be experienced though some deferrals and diffusing probably is permitted by the Creator, if intelligently and humbly sought. Hence the need for astrology or other appropriate divination and healing methodologies!

I too, for what it is worth to you or anyone else, share in essence your way of thinking regarding these matters, although approaches etc might be different (I am presuming, of course, not knowing you any differently from adam, as the saying goes).

However, just to add a nuance and using taste as an example, if I may:

The aamla fruit is very bitter and is often eaten in India with salt (saline taste) to diminish the bitter taste! Why eat aamla at all? It seems to have healing properties and is very rich in vitamin C and hence good for health. Point to be noted: bitterness can be reduced with salinity (minerals like NaCl come from earthy element!)

ALSO,

When aamla is eaten as such and the bitter-faced consumer then drinks a glass of plain, normal water, they notice that the water tastes SWEET! Try it if anyone does not believe it!

People (none here, and only hasty ones on other jyotish forums, of course!) often malign me that my postings (there) are not about astrology! But to me, all facets of human experience are part of astrology! Nothing mundane and samsarik is outside astrology!

Even in this posting in my aamlaa exposition, what I am really talking about is the principle underlying Jyotish_Remedies!

Salt is like mineral upaayes (earth-produced gemstones etc,) as remedies are called in jyotish framework aimed at reducing the pain associated with karma as indicated by planets in charts.

Water is like changing the perception of taste buds! Through humble simplicity and supplication to the Divine and acceptance! Penance etc as described in the hindu fairy tale (allegory) known as Shani Mahatmay!

Love, Light, Learning!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

tulanandi

Post by tulanandi » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:21 pm

sadasiva108 wrote:no such thing as anything being cancelled.

Everything is added.

They do not work.  

Best Wishes,
Sam
does not  apply to retrograde yogkarakas which are exalted....I have even seen a chart where despite placed in kendra, the effect is missing

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:04 pm

Since no one has the time for astrology, these days (!)

I looked into this retrograde/dignity matter and interesting things emerged!

The popular belief is that retrogression can influence planets particularly reversal of debility and/or exaltation.

If you look at Naomi Judd (Karka lagna - retro mars in debility) and Frank Budd (karka lagna - retro mars exalted) in rodden database (astrodienst has released it in public domain) you will find that both of them did very well during mars dasa and were celebrities in the fields of music and athletic sport (Sprinting).

Jyotish is full of 'one liner' opinions and such sweeping statements for example, "if yogakaraka is retrograde, it becomes powerless or even malefic".

PLEASE, if one is serious and sincere about jyotish, tread with healthy scepticism and caution, because sooner or later one would be giving 'advice' and suggestions during astrological readings, privately or publicly. Please be serious about that role and responsibility.

Adding on ... another interesting instance in this ongoing exploration of retrogrades has been Cassius Clay/Muhammed Ali. He has three planets retrograde, jupiter, saturn and venus. He gained a lot of fame as well as his religio/political persona and phase in life during rahu dasa but narrowly escaped five years term in jail. Pretty much what one would expect during rahu dasa (not saying that ALL will attain all that that Ali did just because rahu dasa is on...!). Jupiter is a malefic in this chart but also indicates spiritual growth which too was seen during jupiter dasa. Towards the last leg of jupiter his health condition became apparent and the bundle of energy became trapped and confined by parkinsonism. By 1985 retrograde saturn in 10th had its impact on him in an increasing manner. A quiet semi-private life with the limelight turned on him and his (OUR as humans!) vulnerabilities when he carried the Olympic torch in 1996 and the biographical movie in 2001 and finally the autobiography, "Soul of a butterfly", released just as saturn ended and mercury began. Fascinating chart to study. A good case for the key planets in tenth and also the jupiter in badhaksthana (talked about recently).

Love, Light, Learning

Rohiniranjan
Last edited by Rohiniranjan on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:50 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:Dear Tulanandi,

Would love to learn from that chart, if are comfortable in sharing.

Thanks!

BUT FIRST READ:
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 264#321264

Love, Light, Transparency!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

tulanandi

Post by tulanandi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:25 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
BUT FIRST READ:
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 264#321264

Love, Light, Transparency!
lol....and I thought there would be some good reading material there....

all is forgiven

18 Feb 1953
23:45
Male
Patna, Bihar, India

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:06 pm

tulanandi wrote: 18 Feb 1953
23:45
Male
Patna, Bihar, India

So to cut to the chase, is this the chart you were thinking of when you made your statement about cancellation etc.?

Can you restate a bit more clearly what statement you were trying to make? Please be elaborate if you can manage.

Thanks!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

tulanandi

Post by tulanandi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:50 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote: So to cut to the chase, is this the chart you were thinking of when you made your statement about cancellation etc.?

Can you restate a bit more clearly what statement you were trying to make? Please be elaborate if you can manage.

Thanks!
At times spelling things more clearly would mean shouting :-). No all caps for me....Yay! netiquette

So just politely iterating myself....yes, this is the chart....no, sadasiva108 theory "does not  apply to retrograde yogkarakas which are exalted".....

Interesting dance of dispositors as well....looking forward to your response sadasiva108 and other readers/teachers/learners

Certain

Post by Certain » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:12 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:Since no one has the time for astrology, these days (!)

I looked into this retrograde/dignity matter and interesting things emerged!

The popular belief is that retrogression can influence planets particularly reversal of debility and/or exaltation.

If you look at Naomi Judd (Karka lagna - retro mars in debility) and Frank Budd (karka lagna - retro mars exalted) in rodden database (astrodienst has released it in public domain) you will find that both of them did very well during mars dasa and were celebrities in the fields of music and athletic sport (Sprinting).

Jyotish is full of 'one liner' opinions and such sweeping statements for example, "if yogakaraka is retrograde, it becomes powerless or even malefic".

PLEASE, if one is serious and sincere about jyotish, tread with healthy scepticism and caution, because sooner or later one would be giving 'advice' and suggestions during astrological readings, privately or publicly. Please be serious about that role and responsibility.

Adding on ... another interesting instance in this ongoing exploration of retrogrades has been Cassius Clay/Muhammed Ali. He has three planets retrograde, jupiter, saturn and venus. He gained a lot of fame as well as his religio/political persona and phase in life during rahu dasa but narrowly escaped five years term in jail. Pretty much what one would expect during rahu dasa (not saying that ALL will attain all that that Ali did just because rahu dasa is on...!). Jupiter is a malefic in this chart but also indicates spiritual growth which too was seen during jupiter dasa. Towards the last leg of jupiter his health condition became apparent and the bundle of energy became trapped and confined by parkinsonism. By 1985 retrograde saturn in 10th had its impact on him in an increasing manner. A quiet semi-private life with the limelight turned on him and his (OUR as humans!) vulnerabilities when he carried the Olympic torch in 1996 and the biographical movie in 2001 and finally the autobiography, "Soul of a butterfly", released just as saturn ended and mercury began. Fascinating chart to study. A good case for the key planets in tenth and also the jupiter in badhaksthana (talked about recently).

Love, Light, Learning

Rohiniranjan
I agree with you that retrogradate planets doesnt do bad or nullify good as they are many a times advised. Astrology is mostly endangered by cook-book astrologers. Context is very important to analyse the interpretation.
Exalted retrograde Saturn will fare very differently in the context of becoming a sportman or becoming strategy maker vs  a project manager or becoming an auditor.
Tools should be analysed with respect to work being ventured into.
Good hammer (Normal Planet) vs biggest and strongest (exalted)hammer of the world can not unscrew a nut from wall  , you need screw driver for that.
It might break the wall with ugly broken patches in it.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”