Divisional Charts Software

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Barbarian

Divisional Charts Software

Post by Barbarian » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Hello,  Im new here.  I got the divisional charts software and I'm not understanding how to tell what the lagna is in the divisional charts. I cant just assume its the same as the rasi  right?  Please advise thanks.

Rohiniranjan

Re: Divisional Charts Software

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Barbarian wrote:Hello,  Im new here.  I got the divisional charts software and I'm not understanding how to tell what the lagna is in the divisional charts. I cant just assume its the same as the rasi  right?  Please advise thanks.
No, navamsha lagna would not necessarily be the same sign as in rashi chart. In a square north indian diamond chart, it is the house at the top, in the round chart it could be the one pointing up or one pointing to left. In the southern view chart (wrongly called south indian chart) the rashis are fixed, with the top left corner being pisces, next one clockwise being aries and the lagna is marked with a diagonal forward slash or the word Lg or As (lagna or ascendant).

Not to digress too much, the northern layout is counterclockwise while the sourthern layout is clockwise. If you were to view the ecliptic or zodiacal circle from south of it, the succession will be clockwise but if the zodiacal belt is viewed from the north the progression will be counterclockwise.

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Return to “Vedic Astrology”