Saros, lunar nodes and INDIVIDUALS (Nativities?)

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Votive

Post by Votive » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:25 am

To answer differently, in my opinion, when all other things are equal, a gajkesari yog wherein Ju and the nodes are in angles should be lesser afflicted despite the Moon being in association with the nodes!

votive

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:49 am

Votive wrote:To answer differently, in my opinion, when all other things are equal, a gajkesari yog wherein Ju and the nodes are in angles should be lesser afflicted despite the Moon being in association with the nodes!

votive

Looking a bit further, the scenario of nodes, jupiter and moon in the same sign has a little bit of 'confounding' associated, as variables go. Here, nodes are close to moon, as well as in kendra (although sun being 12th to one of the node, fullfils the 'node being close to sun' requirement, let us say. So nodes are powerful based on what was earlier observed by you.

Now two considerations arise:
a) Assuming nodes are powerful in causing eclipses when adjacent to the sun, in other words they are highly malefic or at least highly powerful (without good or bad label attached yet)

b) If malefic, then they should destroy the gajkesari yoga which is purported to be anything but malefic. Or at least weaken it quite a bit

c) If the adjacent co-location of node and sun is energizing, then utilizing the 'nodes assume the persona of the planets they are associated with or surrogates in one word, the energized node in the presence of moon and jupiter should energize the gajkesari yoga'

Something to think about, at least for me.

Very interesting sharing! Thanks!!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:48 pm

One thing/reasoning I always follow (borrowed from K.P.)=

If a node is conjunct a planet, the node becomes stronger.

I would say= the node 'sucks' in the normal, naturalness of the planet, as the node either eclipses the planets/corrupts it to the extent of heightening the signification or the opposite, depending upon the nature of the concerned node.

Then I found confirmatory factors to this in the palm mount. I mean the mount of the planet 'not normal/natural'.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:20 pm

RishiRahul wrote:One thing/reasoning I always follow (borrowed from K.P.)=

I would say= the node 'sucks' in the normal, naturalness of the planet, as the node either eclipses the planets/corrupts it to the extent of heightening the signification or the opposite, depending upon the nature of the concerned node.

Then I found confirmatory factors to this in the palm mount. I mean the mount of the planet 'not normal/natural'.

Rishi

Rishirahul,

What a coincidental confluence of thoughts! The "Hoover" (as in vacuum cleaners!) effect of the nodes which I referred to as the 'black-hole' effect when I began noting down my observations in an article published later in stages. The version that appeared in 2004 in Boloji.com later and then further notes added to it:

http://www.boloji.com/index.cfm?md=Cont ... cleID=1069

It is heartening to note that you too arrived at the same perception about this propensity of nodes! :-)

Since we are sharing, much depends too on the state of the associated planet to a large extent in determining if its evil propensities will get sucked away by the nodes, or the benefic propensities!

It is a good lead to follow, even if I say so myself ;-)

Love, Light, Sharing!

Rohiniranjan

Votive

Post by Votive » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:37 am

Considering that the Nodes are but the interplay between the Luminaries and the earth, the impact has to be more on/by them probably. So would not the inherent strength of the Luminary play a significant role.

Afterall, in the waxing phase of moon, even the chances of a Kaal Sarpa or the hemming in of the chart gets lesser.

In the above example, I would go with the option 'c'.
Since, the flow of life invariably depends on how Baba shows the light and how Ma gives the strength to walk on the path, the value whether benefic or malefic of the Nodes would flow from the Luminaries.......

votive

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:56 am

Votive wrote:Considering that the Nodes are but the interplay between the Luminaries and the earth, the impact has to be more on/by them probably. So would not the inherent strength of the Luminary play a significant role.

Afterall, in the waxing phase of moon, even the chances of a Kaal Sarpa or the hemming in of the chart gets lesser.

In the above example, I would go with the option 'c'.
Since, the flow of life invariably depends on how Baba shows the light and how Ma gives the strength to walk on the path, the value whether benefic or malefic of the Nodes would flow from the Luminaries.......

votive

Votive is but an 'icon' of light but unlike any candle, it has a special purpose!

When lit it represents incident light (sun) and it is utilized in a setting where its reflected light (moon) shines upon the congregation!

So how can Votive be wrong! And why do you shy away from being labelled a JYOTI-shi? ;-)

It is neither a profession, nor a hobby, but just being connected to *light*!

Like it or not!

Love, Light, Observation!

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:23 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:One thing/reasoning I always follow (borrowed from K.P.)=

Rishi

Rishirahul,

What a coincidental confluence of thoughts! The "Hoover" (as in vacuum cleaners!) effect of the nodes which I referred to as the 'black-hole' effect when I began noting down my observations in an article published later in stages. The version that appeared in 2004 in Boloji.com later and then further notes added to it:

http://www.boloji.com/index.cfm?md=Cont ... cleID=1069

It is heartening to note that you too arrived at the same perception about this propensity of nodes! :-)

Since we are sharing, much depends too on the state of the associated planet to a large extent in determining if its evil propensities will get sucked away by the nodes, or the benefic propensities!

It is a good lead to follow, even if I say so myself ;-)

Love, Light, Sharing!

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

Thank you again!

Your article on boloji.com is by the far the best one on nodes.

I came across this while experimenting with K.P. along with ruling planets of the moment of question in 1984; I was 28 then.
No computers... leading to manual charting of hoarary charts with pen, paper & calculator involving 1 & a half hours!!

I found that the ruling planets were not working always.
Say,for example Mars was a ruling planet & Rahu was with Mars= mars lost its power & Rahu gained as a ruling planet.

The above 'proved' the power of the nodes, as Krishnamurthy also mentioned this as a process finding ruling planets.

RishiRahul

Votive

Post by Votive » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:48 am

No..no..I can be a Jyotishi and I would like to be one, its just that I do not have enough experience to claim to be one.

One learns and keeps on learning though, if I hang on enough maybe I can learn more!!

Like Rishiji here.
I do read with pleasure his sharings on several charts.

Rishiji, Namaste!!

Votive

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:01 pm

Votive wrote:No..no..I can be a Jyotishi and I would like to be one, its just that I do not have enough experience to claim to be one.

One learns and keeps on learning though, if I hang on enough maybe I can learn more!!

Like Rishiji here.

Rishiji, Namaste!!

Votive

I have heard it said by many teachers that true learning begins upon acquiring a degree or title!

Jyotish is like that too. The learning is continuous and it ends only when one arrives at the point of becoming a trikalagna! But then some other 'higher' education begins. Education never ends!

Love, Light, Continuous Education!

Rohiniranjan

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:28 pm

RishiRahul wrote: ...
Dada,

Thank you again!

Your article on boloji.com is by the far the best one on nodes.

I came across this while experimenting with K.P. along with ruling planets of the moment of question in 1984; I was 28 then.
No computers... leading to manual charting of hoarary charts with pen, paper & calculator involving 1 & a half hours!!

I found that the ruling planets were not working always.
Say,for example Mars was a ruling planet & Rahu was with Mars= mars lost its power & Rahu gained as a ruling planet.

The above 'proved' the power of the nodes, as Krishnamurthy also mentioned this as a process finding ruling planets.

RishiRahul

Rishi,

Thanks for appreciation. It was just a collection of my thoughts, so not such a big deal! But our coincidental confluence of conclusions was rather interesting. Almost like a synchronicity of some sort!

Although it may not just be a matter of the associated planets etc losing their power, but more like undergoing transformation, almost a qualitative change! Nodes are, afterall, a product of transformation of demon Swarbhanu through the Divine strategy and Leela of Lord Vishnu, mythologically speaking, into rahu and ketu! All-knowing Lord Vishnu surely could not have been unaware of the demon's presence and also his intentions to surreptitiously partake of the Elixir of Immortality. Why then, did the Great Lord wait until the demon had turned immortal, before dehiscing him...! Divine Mystery, Divine Leela!!

What I have marveled at most is the enormous 'play' that exists in Jyotish delineations. Several times, we have experienced too if you remember that the same chart looked at using our different choices of ayanamsha etc the conclusions and outcomes were very similar if not identical. In other gatherings, the same I have noted often enough where jyotishis (and sometimes western tropicalists too) arrived at the same conclusions (with astro-reasonings and not the typical one-liners we see) using different methods and heck even different zodiacs.

That was when my eyes opened and I realized that astrology (including) jyotish is not science (though can be still dealt with scientifically and to quite an extent logically even!) and also that ayanamsha wars are futile. That inner peace has remained steady and unwavering! And, no I was not undergoing any nodal major or minor periods! Rahu or Ketu alone do not hold the monopoly on Transformation <LOL>

I suppose I simply got lucky and long ago this to me indicated what my path and direction was supposed to be.

Love, Light, Gratitude!

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:40 pm

Votive wrote:No..no..I can be a Jyotishi and I would like to be one, its just that I do not have enough experience to claim to be one.

Like Rishiji here.

Rishiji, Namaste!!

Votive
Namaste Votive ji,

Thank you for appreciating!

The understanding of a subject like Jyotish & palmistry goes beyond books. Its knowledge + experience + reflective learning+ human experience.

Predictions are actually maths of several kinds. Then we fill in the dots with the help of experience & logic.

Thanks again. A pleasure to have your thoughts shared here.

Rishi

Return to “Vedic Astrology”