SANDHIS: The vanishing threshold...!

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

SANDHIS: The vanishing threshold...!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:16 pm

So much is made of Sandhis, sometimes dire pronouncements in jyotish...! The vanishing point which separates signs and vargas, houses, asterisms, dasas, bhuktis, panchanga parameters ... with the 'pickle' (achaar) of ayanamshas which are often pegged on based on one or the other sandhis, often if not always! Never questioned...!

What is this sandhi? Where is this sandhi?? Is it a point, is it a cuff a zone around some vanishing point, some invisible point?

29d59m59s... 00d00m00s ... 00d00m01s

What exists in this sandhi? What can exist in zero?

Most astro-planets have 'discs' bigger than 00d00m00s. When do they really are "smack right on the sandhi?"

Thoughts, comments, observations, reflections??

Love, Light, Questions...

Rohiniranjan

Votive

Post by Votive » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:23 am

Probably it is a continuous transition rather than a swift abrupt change. I would look at it like the Sunrise. The light of the Sun starts filtering in much before the exact time of the Sunrise. We have the nautical, civil sunrises and sunsets. The impact of a sandhi is akin to the flow.

Some sandhis are radical though, from the fixed watery Scorpio to the fiery Dhanu. There is a need for acclimatization.  When a deep diver begins to resurface, he has to be gradual!!

Yet, there are abrupt incidents in life. Life changes within a moment for some. What brings on those radical changes?
Is it the sandhi?
Somehow, in my little experience such correlation is not palpably evident. There would be many factors perhaps.

votive

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:44 am

Votive wrote:Probably it is a continuous transition rather than a swift abrupt change. I would look at it like the Sunrise. The light of the Sun starts filtering in much before the exact time of the Sunrise. We have the nautical, civil sunrises and sunsets. The impact of a sandhi is akin to the flow.

Some sandhis are radical though, from the fixed watery Scorpio to the fiery Dhanu. There is a need for acclimatization.  When a deep diver begins to resurface, he has to be gradual!!

Yet, there are abrupt incidents in life. Life changes within a moment for some. What brings on those radical changes?
Is it the sandhi?
Somehow, in my little experience such correlation is not palpably evident. There would be many factors perhaps.

votive

Sandhis are like the change of scenery, like when the rocket returning to earth burns one of its portion... then adapts withing a few seconds to its natural self.

So this change also has an 'umbra'........ before and after the jolt.

I time it in dasa by using 2 or 3 useful ayanamasas.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:49 am

Votive wrote:Probably it is a continuous transition rather than a swift abrupt change. I would look at it like the Sunrise. The light of the Sun starts filtering in much before the exact time of the Sunrise. We have the nautical, civil sunrises and sunsets. The impact of a sandhi is akin to the flow.

Is it the sandhi?

votive

It is actually a lot simpler, Votive!

1-2-3-4!

One must awaken first!
Two (and 8) as the sight connects with the treasure!
Three follows and then four!

Love
Love and Light
Love and Light and Levity (evanescence!)
Love and Light and Playful Observance (under MA's watchful gaze!)

Shakti, removal of Bhranti, Bhakti, Shanti and Mukti!

Simple?

Ranjan da

Rohiniranjan

The Variable that is CONSTANT!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:03 pm

Adding to the sunrise, rocket analogy and the umbra-penumbra shadows -- sandhis must also bring to mind two factors:
The empowering or feebling effects described as the sojourn of planets approach or move away from the different sandhis, in natis and in transit.

Secondly, the three transforming sandhis in (at least) the vimshottari cycle, well known to all I am sure. These are constant sandhis, but vary from one individual to another, slightly or significantly, like the changing of guards analogically-speaking ...

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Votive

Post by Votive » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:11 am

And when the Guard changes, is the succeeding guard my friend or is it someone whom I am not certain about....probably decides the ease of the change!

votive

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:59 am

Votive wrote:And when the Guard changes, is the succeeding guard my friend or is it someone whom I am not certain about....probably decides the ease of the change!

votive
When one accepts an invitation from a dear friend (humnavaa!) long-lost, and then suddenly breaking bread together (hum-piyaala), while servers prepare the feast and even serve what lands on the plates, gratefully, and gracefully (well-trained!) then one simply and gratefully breaks the bread with a brother, long-lost...!

Life can be as simple as that or as complex and complicated as we want to make it to be!

The ride back home in royal style is simply an expression of love and hopefully respect or just caring...!

When brothers manage to *break bread together*, MA smiles!

Love, Light, re-TIREment, Gratitude!

Ranjan da

Votive

Post by Votive » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:08 am

More time for Jyotish, more time to savor Ma ki Leela!

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:46 am

Votive wrote:More time for Jyotish, more time to savor Ma ki Leela!
A display which understandable, and appropriate did not deter either from what was important!

REALITY...!

The cats must be fed, their litter-boxes kept clean and fresh water provided twice daily!

The *rest* can wait, for there is no REST as long as we choose to remain human and REAL!

Love, Light, MAYA?

Ranjan_da

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Re: The Variable that is CONSTANT!

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:05 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:Adding to the sunrise, rocket analogy and the umbra-penumbra shadows -- sandhis must also bring to mind two factors:
The empowering or feebling effects described as the sojourn of planets approach or move away from the different sandhis, in natis and in transit.

Secondly, the three transforming sandhis in (at least) the vimshottari cycle, well known to all I am sure. These are constant sandhis, but vary from one individual to another, slightly or significantly, like the changing of guards analogically-speaking ...

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

What are the 3 sandhis of the vimshottari dasa, please.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:17 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:Adding to the sunrise, rocket analogy and the umbra-penumbra shadows -- sandhis must also bring to mind two factors:

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

Rishi

The phase shift between the outer, inner and lights.

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

Rishi

?? Dada,

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:04 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Dada,

Rishi

?? Dada,

Rishi
Read my primer on scribd, rather than "snacking" on bits and pieces...! You will not be wasting time! And no comments necessary!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Return to “Vedic Astrology”