Relevance of selecting child's name as per Nakshatra & Charan.

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

kagashe

Relevance of selecting child's name as per Nakshatra & Charan.

Post by kagashe » Thu May 02, 2013 5:07 am

One of my acquaintance was blessed with grandson recently and asked me to tell him the letter as per Vedic Astrology Nakshatra and Charan to select the child's name. Before checking I warned him that if it is a typical letter it would be difficult to select the name but on his insistence I told him that the letter was ले (Le) since the child was born in Bharani 3. The possible names were Lekhu, Lekhak and very difficult to select. When he asked whether Lokesh could be selected I said no because it is applicable for Bharani 4. I asked hom whether he selected the name of his own son as per birth Nakshatra he said no but wanted to do it for grandson.

I told him that selecting the child's name by Nakshatra & Charan letter was relevant in the past since people used to forget the birth time and if the name was as per Nakshatra and Charan it was possible to do the Gun Milap at the time of selecting the bride.

I would like to ask the question to this forum whether selecting the name of the child is relevant if the accurate birth time is recorded and available for the life of the child.

The second question is should we deviate from the exact letter ले (Le) if yes how much?

Kamalakar

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu May 02, 2013 5:26 am

Dear Kagashe,

Welcome to the forum, after the long gap with such meaningful posts!!!

Warm Regards,

RishiRahul

kagashe

Post by kagashe » Thu May 02, 2013 5:56 am

RishiRahul wrote:Dear Kagashe,

Welcome to the forum, after the long gap with such meaningful posts!!!

Warm Regards,

RishiRahul
Since Jan 2010 I am working for a company. I was posted at Jharsuguda in Orissa and transferred to Delhi in Jan 2013.

I am going to visit Tuticorin Thermal Power Station in the week starting 6th May 2013 with a team of our company for doing Feasibility study of Renovation and Modernization of 3 Units which were commissioned from 1979 to 1982. I had done erection of similar 5 machines at Obra from 1976 to 1982.

I had forgotten even the name of this Forum but discovered it in one old mail and began reading the lessons in Vedic Astrology one again.

I have started using my real first name and you can address me by that. Agashe is my surname and kagashe userid I am using on forums.

Kamalakar

vivekvshetty

Re: Relevance of selecting child's name as per Nakshatra & Charan.

Post by vivekvshetty » Thu May 02, 2013 2:15 pm

kagashe wrote:One of my acquaintance was blessed with grandson recently and asked me to tell him the letter as per Vedic Astrology Nakshatra and Charan to select the child's name. Before checking I warned him that if it is a typical letter it would be difficult to select the name but on his insistence I told him that the letter was ले (Le) since the child was born in Bharani 3. The possible names were Lekhu, Lekhak and very difficult to select. When he asked whether Lokesh could be selected I said no because it is applicable for Bharani 4. I asked hom whether he selected the name of his own son as per birth Nakshatra he said no but wanted to do it for grandson.

I told him that selecting the child's name by Nakshatra & Charan letter was relevant in the past since people used to forget the birth time and if the name was as per Nakshatra and Charan it was possible to do the Gun Milap at the time of selecting the bride.

I would like to ask the question to this forum whether selecting the name of the child is relevant if the accurate birth time is recorded and available for the life of the child.

The second question is should we deviate from the exact letter ले (Le) if yes how much?

Kamalakar
Namaskaar Agaashe ji,
You are right in that when we see Shri Raama's or Shri Krishna's chart we find that they were not named as per the janma nakshatra Askshar (the Avakhahadaa chakra as it is called). even in our community the parent after the birth of a child and after the mandatory sutak period,goes to an Jyotish for seeing the auspiciousness or otherwise of the birth, also expected the jyotish to name the child. This the jyotish usually did with taking the starting letter as per the Avakhahadaa chakra according to the Nakshatra and if possible the Nakshatra Paada (charan as it is called in the Northern India). This name was called the Jaataka Naama and the parents in consultation with relatives also gave another name to the child and this name by the parents was the one which was used to address the child in daily life. the Nakshatra name was not usually revealed to anyone. Like my Jaataka Naama starts with 'Na' but my name (official) is vivek.

The Nakshatra naama is very useful as you have rightly pointed out to right away know the Nakshatra and Raashi (janma Chandra raashi) for horoscope matching not only in marriage but also for other matters like business partnerships etc. the other use was to give gochar (transit) phala. Not only raashi Gochar but also Nakshatra gochar.

Now the Ancients followed a different system of naming as the name is infact the first mantra the child receives from the world. it has a great relevance to the natives image and there is a technique of birth time rectification based on the name of the native as also a method to see the effect of the name on the native.
of course nowadays it is popular to see the numerological significance of the name as per the western method.
The Sarvatobhadra is a chakra wherein the Naama Akshara (the popular name of the native) is one of the factors from which transit is judged and it is said to be a very accurate system.

This post is a very haphazard post as i only wanted to share my thoughts and give you an idea of the importance of the Name of a person. there are many more things i wanted to write but that will be foraying into the realm of the Esoteric.

vivek

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu May 02, 2013 2:54 pm

kagashe wrote:One of my acquaintance was blessed with grandson recently and asked me to tell him the letter as per Vedic Astrology Nakshatra and Charan to select the child's name. Before checking I warned him that if it is a typical letter it would be difficult to select the name but on his insistence I told him that the letter was ले (Le) since the child was born in Bharani 3. The possible names were Lekhu, Lekhak and very difficult to select. When he asked whether Lokesh could be selected I said no because it is applicable for Bharani 4. I asked hom whether he selected the name of his own son as per birth Nakshatra he said no but wanted to do it for grandson.

Kamalakar

[edited for improved readability]

Dear Kamalakar ji,

Shetty ji has beautifully stated that 'name' is the first mantra that a child is indoctrinated by.

I am also very heartened to hear that you who by career is an applied scientist is also so seriously interested in astrology.

By fortune or misfortune but as written in stars probably, I have had a life-long association with applied and career scientists. Many belonging to that path do not take astrology or divination seriously, even without studying or knowing about these rather non-newtonian reality based disciplines for the applied scientists whose main preoccupation is the world-view through Newtonian glasses and perspective. Yet, they are deeply grounded in the material reality and how modern science (mechanical, electrical, chemical, biological, biophysical etc), and develop a sort of horse-sense as it is called and remain very earthy, but process-oriented and thorough in terms of 'details'. They are curiously an asset to divinatory sciences should those somehow 'turn the applied scientist on!'

Astrology is a vast ocean and the matter of name somehow changing ones destiny remains a popular belief. And many methods etc are incorporated in the fabric of jyotish as you will see if you explore the same.

That said, I will be remiss if I do not point out that these beliefs have not been scientifically studied or reported and anecdotal evidence is all we have to go by. Some wholeheartedly believe in that, others deny, still others are prepared to withold judgment, for the time being.

Recently, on Jyotish remedies forum, a member gave an example of a friend who changed his name and this was followed by an influx of a wonderful business career but then he got greedy and at one point built a pool in front of his house with crocodiles in it and in 2010 the business collapsed following downturn in US economy. The example was given with respect to a vastu tip which prohibits keeping bodies of water in front of the front entrance! But had a 'name' angle too.

Returning to names, what I have found (more anecdotal references) is that many individuals have names which do not begin with the namakshar etc as prescribed by astrology. Many others had their names in accordance with astrological and numerological recommendations.

In either of these groups, I found that their lives turned out pretty much 'in line and step' with what their charts indicated. In other words, names did not seem to be an important variable or influence and did not change the signature of their PHAL etc as indicated in their horoscope.

I am not saying that the belief about naming and changing it by numerology or even astrology is right or wrong, necessarily, based on what I have observed. Namely, whether one is named rightly as per horoscopic recommendation or wrongly, the course of destiny, trends and tendencies as reflected in the horoscope does not vary all that much.

In some ways, this is akin to muhurta. If the horoscopic signature is indicating failure, muhurta selection may alter the course or perception somewhat (?) but would not make a night or day difference!

I think it is essential that these matters be examined and explored other than just anecdotally. The practical roadblock inherent in that approach is that availability of time is limited for research and many of these researches are not too efficiently carried out by individuals as opposed to groups of research-saavy individuals. The current approach promotes pools of anecdotal evidence which remain private for the most part (takes time to observe and document it properly) and so we, individually, are left with what we observe and share in condensed form.

Like the observation that I have shared, above!

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu May 02, 2013 3:47 pm

vivekvshetty wrote:
Namaskaar Agaashe ji,
You are right in that when we see Shri Raama's or Shri Krishna's chart we find that they were not named as per the janma nakshatra Askshar (the Avakhahadaa chakra as it is called). even in our community the parent after the birth of a child and after the mandatory sutak period,goes to an Jyotish for seeing the auspiciousness or otherwise of the birth, also expected the jyotish to name the child. This the jyotish usually did with taking the starting letter as per the Avakhahadaa chakra according to the Nakshatra and if possible the Nakshatra Paada (charan as it is called in the Northern India). This name was called the Jaataka Naama and the parents in consultation with relatives also gave another name to the child and this name by the parents was the one which was used to address the child in daily life. the Nakshatra name was not usually revealed to anyone. Like my Jaataka Naama starts with 'Na' but my name (official) is vivek.

The Nakshatra naama is very useful as you have rightly pointed out to right away know the Nakshatra and Raashi (janma Chandra raashi) for horoscope matching not only in marriage but also for other matters like business partnerships etc. the other use was to give gochar (transit) phala. Not only raashi Gochar but also Nakshatra gochar.

Now the Ancients followed a different system of naming as the name is infact the first mantra the child receives from the world. it has a great relevance to the natives image and there is a technique of birth time rectification based on the name of the native as also a method to see the effect of the name on the native.
of course nowadays it is popular to see the numerological significance of the name as per the western method.
The Sarvatobhadra is a chakra wherein the Naama Akshara (the popular name of the native) is one of the factors from which transit is judged and it is said to be a very accurate system.

This post is a very haphazard post as i only wanted to share my thoughts and give you an idea of the importance of the Name of a person. there are many more things i wanted to write but that will be foraying into the realm of the Esoteric.

vivek
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Dear Kamalakar ji,

Shetty ji has beautifully stated that 'name' is the first mantra that a child is indoctrinated by.

I am also very heartened to hear that you who by career is an applied scientist is also so seriously interested in astrology.

By fortune or misfortune but as written in stars probably, I have had a life-long association with applied and career scientists. Many belonging to that path do not take astrology or divination seriously, even without studying or knowing about these rather non-newtonian reality based disciplines for the applied scientists whose main preoccupation is the world-view through Newtonian glasses and perspective. Yet, they are deeply grounded in the material reality and how modern science (mechanical, electrical, chemical, biological, biophysical etc), and develop a sort of horse-sense as it is called and remain very earthy, but process-oriented and thorough in terms of 'details'. They are curiously an asset to divinatory sciences should those somehow 'turn the applied scientist on!'

Astrology is a vast ocean and the matter of name somehow changing ones destiny remains a popular belief. And many methods etc are incorporated in the fabric of jyotish as you will see if you explore the same.

That said, I will be remiss if I do not point out that these beliefs have not been scientifically studied or reported and anecdotal evidence is all we have to go by. Some wholeheartedly believe in that, others deny, still others are prepared to withold judgment, for the time being.

Recently, on Jyotish remedies forum, a member gave an example of a friend who changed his name and this was followed by an influx of a wonderful business career but then he got greedy and at one point built a pool in front of his house with crocodiles in it and in 2010 the business collapsed following downturn in US economy. The example was given with respect to a vastu tip which prohibits keeping bodies of water in front of the front entrance! But had a 'name' angle too.

Returning to names, what I have found (more anecdotal references) is that many individuals have names which do not begin with the namakshar etc as prescribed by astrology. Many others had their names in accordance with astrological and numerological recommendations.

In either of these groups, I found that their lives turned out pretty much 'in line and step' with what their charts indicated. In other words, names did not seem to be an important variable or influence and did not change the signature of their PHAL etc as indicated in their horoscope.

I am not saying that the belief about naming and changing it by numerology or even astrology is right or wrong, necessarily, based on what I have observed. Namely, whether one is named rightly as per horoscopic recommendation or wrongly, the course of destiny, trends and tendencies as reflected in the horoscope does not vary all that much.

In some ways, this is akin to muhurta. If the horoscopic signature is indicating failure, muhurta selection may alter the course or perception somewhat (?) but would not make a night or day difference!

I think it is essential that these matters be examined and explored other than just anecdotally. The practical roadblock inherent in that approach is that availability of time is limited for research and many of these researches are not too efficiently carried out by individuals as opposed to groups of research-saavy individuals. The current approach promotes pools of anecdotal evidence which remain private for the most part (takes time to observe and document it properly) and so we, individually, are left with what we observe and share in condensed form.

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

A wonderful eye opening sentence (highlighted in bold) by Vivek ji, & an apt example by Dada (highlighted in bold); &...... many thanks to Kagashe ji for bringing on a wonderful topic!!

My 2 cents (2 means a lot :smt002 as we live in pairs):
During my studies in numerology I always wondered why the recorded birthname was so important, as many different types of transits & essences arose from that birthname, giving results as our mahadasas do, & worked well in results.

I, then began wondering how & why the name which was given... later ...after being born (unlike the birth planets & the hand shape etc came upon when just born) should have a marked significance as this.

The above was not logical at first, as I nearly rejected it. But gave it a rethink, as I always do when a classical text written by Parashara, Kalyan Verma & the like at first sight doesnt fall to logic.

I later realised that a name is what a person is 'known' by, & works something like the Arudha lagna, but not exactly.
And that the birth recorded name has the strength that Horary has. as horary time is got later after birth; while the modified (used) name has a lesser significance as the transits/essences arising out of that also has a strong impact on the immediate worldly image as the 'amatyakarak' does.

At times I 'Marvel' at the way these supposed esoteric crafts play Jugalbandi ...at times play 'Trigalbandi' :smt020

RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu May 02, 2013 7:10 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
vivekvshetty wrote:
Namaskaar Agaashe ji,

vivek
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Dear Kamalakar ji,

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

A wonderful eye opening sentence (highlighted in bold) by Vivek ji, & an apt example by Dada (highlighted in bold); &...... many thanks to Kagashe ji for bringing on a wonderful topic!!

During my studies in numerology I always wondered why the recorded birthname was so important, as many different types of transits & essences arose from that birthname, giving results as our mahadasas do, & worked well in results.

I, then began wondering how & why the name which was given... later ...after being born (unlike the birth planets & the hand shape etc came upon when just born) should have a marked significance as this.

The above was not logical at first, as I nearly rejected it. But gave it a rethink, as I always do when a classical text written by Parashara, Kalyan Verma & the like at first sight doesnt fall to logic.

I later realised that a name is what a person is 'known' by, & works something like the Arudha lagna, but not exactly.
And that the birth recorded name has the strength that Horary has. as horary time is got later after birth; while the modified (used) name has a lesser significance as the transits/essences arising out of that also has a strong impact on the immediate worldly image as the 'amatyakarak' does.

At times I 'Marvel' at the way these supposed esoteric crafts play Jugalbandi ...at times play 'Trigalbandi' :smt020

RishiRahul
Dear Rishi,

I wish before marking the para in my message (now blue) you had read on and marked the ones that I now mark in bold red ;-)

The now blue para was not mine but as stated, from another member of a different forum!

Lest I am being misunderstood (not for the first time!), I am certain that the name has a very important place in life and not just the official name but also the pet-name (dak-nam in bangla); these two in some ways creating a classification of formality! The official name being used by those who know us formally, in business and work etc, while the pet-name is used only by those who are closer, related or with whom we do not use social masks. One of them may be arudha as you see it and the other as they see you, etc. Name may be important in terms of perceptions, self perceiving others and others perceiving self, but it does not probably significantly change the flow of energy in the horoscope as recorded at or by the moment and epoch of birth, which gives us astrologers our favourite dish: Horoscope!

Some divinators also do those kinds of manuovers. Alan Leo's birth name was William Frederick Allan. Lacey, Sepharial also did so. William John Warner, later used the name Count Louis Hamon and his working name was 'Cheiro' we all loved and still love. A famous participant on Jyotish forum uses a name that is an ode to Lord Sun, as opposed to his birthname which also means God, by a different name.

However, like I said, I doubt if it has been demonstrated as being an effective luck-changer! I am as always open to being corrected if that is necessary :-)

FWIW, it is not just about logic and certainly not similar to improved comprehension through reading or rereading a book, but more like trying to re-write the title and change the coverpage of a book (like cosmetic beauty surgery!) without changing the contents of the book! Analogically speaking.

Name-changing, particularly of Institutions, business organizations and a few bolly flicks have been made around divinatory name-changes etc -- are huge business and veritably a 'cash-cow'though, in India for sure. Probably elsewhere as well...

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu May 02, 2013 7:55 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
RishiRahul wrote:
vivekvshetty wrote:
Namaskaar Agaashe ji,

vivek
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Dear Kamalakar ji,

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
Dear Rishi,

I wish before marking the para in my message (now blue) you had read on and marked the ones that I now mark in bold red ;-)

The now blue para was not mine but as stated, from another member of a different forum!

Lest I am being misunderstood (not for the first time!), I am certain that the name has a very important place in life and not just the official name but also the pet-name (dak-nam in bangla); these two in some ways creating a classification of formality! The official name being used by those who know us formally, in business and work etc, while the pet-name is used only by those who are closer, related or with whom we do not use social masks. One of them may be arudha as you see it and the other as they see you, etc. Name may be important in terms of perceptions, self perceiving others and others perceiving self, but it does not probably significantly change the flow of energy in the horoscope as recorded at or by the moment and epoch of birth, which gives us astrologers our favourite dish: Horoscope!
Rishi= No way Dada. You are not being misunderstood at all.
I beg apologies if you think so.
Like horary only explains the immediate details, arising from the birth of a thought, & is included & cannot depart from the birth details; Similarly the name & the modified name cannot depart from the birth details such as birth time & hand shape & major lines.
The main name is like Arudha (not entirely so), & the modified name is also how one is perceived in the society the modified name is used.
Maybe its tweaking the free will/flow of energy; but such are always within the results/ambit of the birthchart, as you rightly say.

Some divinators also do those kinds of manuovers. Alan Leo's birth name was William Frederick Allan. Lacey, Sepharial also did so. William John Warner, later used the name Count Louis Hamon and his working name was 'Cheiro' we all loved and still love. A famous participant on Jyotish forum uses a name that is an ode to Lord Sun, as opposed to his birthname which also means God, by a different name.
Rishi= Somehow the dasas arising out of the name change show the performance & development of the 'image' of THAT area.
Even an id used can hint at something why it is being used.

However, like I said, I doubt if it has been demonstrated as being an effective luck-changer! I am as always open to being corrected if that is necessary :-)
Rishi= It cannot change luck away from the one destined in the birthchart, but can help tune the challenges & karmik difficulties...make the path easier.
Call it the mind being soothed/tuned (we are talking of the modified name here). It is like a remedy.

FWIW, it is not just about logic and certainly not similar to improved comprehension through reading or rereading a book, but more like trying to re-write the title and change the coverpage of a book (like cosmetic beauty surgery!) without changing the contents of the book! Analogically speaking.

Name-changing, particularly of Institutions, business organizations and a few bolly flicks have been made around divinatory name-changes etc -- are huge business and veritably a 'cash-cow'though, in India for sure. Probably elsewhere as well...
Rishi= Elsewhere too, Dada.
Some call their father papa/baba/babbi/father/dad etc.
All these are modified names & cannot change destiny; but gives vibrations/impulses.

Love and Light,

Rohiniranjan

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu May 02, 2013 9:58 pm

Thread getting too messy and long and convoluted and I fear shall soon risk becoming a veritable "dog's breakfast", a phenomenon witnessed many times before ;-)

Hence, I broke away from the QUOTE mayajaal!

Rishi,

I doubt very much that by changing name to what birthname had been soothes someone's mind :-), unless one had already scapegoated the name with some sort of inadequacy. In olden days, sometimes names were given without much thought and individuals had to live with those names some of which led to mockery and bullying or marginalization in schools etc. A name change even under the guise of astro-karmic tuning may have some therapeutic value but unless it is demonstrated to have astrological linkages and that is very hard to do, one should not assume that it was the name-change that changed the fate or stars or whatever was written by Vidhata. That is all I am saying, from what I see and have seen. Namely, that the future trend was written at birth, even before the name was chosen or given or carried out in the newborn's life. Then those raised in other cultures also have to be careful that the children's names will not get mangled and sound like a swear-word or cause for being picked upon by school bullies etc. The wider one opens ones eyes the more wonders of the Human family living on vasudha one appreciates! There is more to a name than a namakshar or sound or mere fancy!

And then there is the troublesome question. Even if success followed following a name change recommended by a divinator, how can one be sure that the luck would not have changed anyway, even if the name were not changed or had no rhyme or reason with astrology? Hence, I wrote with some thought given to the matter of names and shared that regardless of whether people were named according to the cannons of astrology or not, their birthchart did not note or reflect the change or change its course!

Baba/dad/bapi are not names really and do not really belong to the context which we are discussing here, *energies, feelings, vibrations* notwithstanding :-)

Love, Light, Reality!

Rohiniranjan

biltu

Post by biltu » Thu May 02, 2013 11:38 pm

I think William Shakespeare dose know the importance of a name.
Last edited by biltu on Thu May 02, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biltu

Post by biltu » Thu May 02, 2013 11:43 pm

What is in a name

As the name Rose reflect the activity of "sweetness of smell" then if we give a girl a name "Rose" then dose she will create sweetness of environment where ever she goes ?
Last edited by biltu on Thu May 02, 2013 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu May 02, 2013 11:55 pm

Kamlakar ji (and other readers),

I hope my dear brother and I are not confusing you with our branching. We bongs love to explore astrological topics with a certain degree of expanding of the horizon of possibilities! I am not exactly sure what your level of familiarity is with fundamental jyotish, which has been very nicely summed up by dear Shetty ji and if you are a beginner or even intermediate, must first focus on what he shared and get familiar with what is used in traditional jyotish practice. What Rishi ji and I are conversing about is the next step where it does not hurt to put a bit more thinking in what we are doing within the framework of astrology and also perhaps a bit of questioning about why. But first of all all beginners must focus on the fundamentals as I shared recently in my recipe about the making of a jyotishi, if I remember in response to Biltu's thread.

Phalit Jyotish is in a sort of turmoil these days on other unmoderated forums and all of jyotish and jyotishis are being painted with a broad brush lumping standard jyotish and nadi jyotish and assorted other branches and twigs related to jyotish. Questions are being asked about jyotish not being a part of Vedas or Vaidik lineage and that it was imported from Greece or Babylone and all jyotishis are essentially being labelled as scam artists.

Now Jyotish just like any other human endeavour including doctors, engineers, public servants, police, even judiciary and certainly politicians have their fair or unfair share of less than "up and up and upright" individuals and since there is no body governing or regulating astrology anywhere (very few places control it but just because it is against the religious beliefs of some of the states in western countries or where communism rules (also a religion!), we all must be careful and self-regulate just as any other self-respecting profession!

I am just giving a broader picture and has nothing specifically related to the current topic, here, but all interested folks must understand and not ignore that!

Love and Light (Thank God I have retired!)

Rohiniranjan

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 03, 2013 12:15 am

biltu wrote:What is in a name

As the name Rose reflect the activity of "sweetness of smell" then if we give a girl a name "Rose" then dose she will create sweetness of environment where ever she goes ?

Dearest Biltu,

At your stated age of "93" when you do get to that point, you would want to be grateful that you can smell even a rose as it always smelt! :-)

At that 'venerable' age once you get there, your fading sense of smell (aging thing!) will be supplimented by memories, dreams and reflections (Jung's biography!) and mostly memories, since older folks do not sleep much ergo dream less and once memory begins to fade (93 is not the best of years!) as it often does by the sweet 90s -- then rose or rainbow or sky or the scent of the first raindrops hitting the dry and hot pavement or agricultural fields would hardly be embracing the good old "Biltu"!

93 year olds even sometimes forget their own name (reality biologica!) and in a sense lose their identity!

So do take your name seriously and remind yourself each morning with this simple question, "Who am I?"

This way, when you really get to *Station 93*, you will have joy in heart and would be enjoying the beautiful romantic tale of Romeo and Juliet or Heer and Ranjha or Sohni and Mahiwal or at least Tarzan and Jane!

We all talk about arudhas and personal indicators in our and other people's horoscopes but few explore the fundamental principle inherent in Jyotish! The other aspect of bhavat-bhavam! An important consideration from any house or pada or karaka!

The maraka bhavas therefrom which represent growth and death, simultaneously!

Isn't Jyotish strange, romantic yet macabre? At the same time??

Kutumba and Kalatra bhavas, then many live for also have been assigned as maraka bhavas by Vidhata (assuming that Jyotish too was created by Him/Her/Both?)

Love, Light, Beauty!

Rohiniranjan

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Fri May 03, 2013 3:52 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:Thread getting too messy and long and convoluted and I fear shall soon risk becoming a veritable "dog's breakfast", a phenomenon witnessed many times before ;-)

Rishi,

I doubt very much that by changing name to what birthname had been soothes someone's mind :-), unless one had already scapegoated the name with some sort of inadequacy. In olden days, sometimes names were given without much thought and individuals had to live with those names some of which led to mockery and bullying or marginalization in schools etc. A name change even under the guise of astro-karmic tuning may have some therapeutic value but unless it is demonstrated to have astrological linkages and that is very hard to do, one should not assume that it was the name-change that changed the fate or stars or whatever was written by Vidhata. That is all I am saying, from what I see and have seen. Namely, that the future trend was written at birth, even before the name was chosen or given or carried out in the newborn's life. Then those raised in other cultures also have to be careful that the children's names will not get mangled and sound like a swear-word or cause for being picked upon by school bullies etc. The wider one opens ones eyes the more wonders of the Human family living on vasudha one appreciates! There is more to a name than a namakshar or sound or mere fancy!

And then there is the troublesome question. Even if success followed following a name change recommended by a divinator, how can one be sure that the luck would not have changed anyway, even if the name were not changed or had no rhyme or reason with astrology? Hence, I wrote with some thought given to the matter of names and shared that regardless of whether people were named according to the cannons of astrology or not, their birthchart did not note or reflect the change or change its course!

Baba/dad/bapi are not names really and do not really belong to the context which we are discussing here, *energies, feelings, vibrations* notwithstanding :-)

Love, Light, Reality!

Rohiniranjan
Dada,

I have not mentioned anywhere that destiny can be altered by the change of name to a modified/minor one. Have I?

The name change is like using muhurthas, remedies etc.
The name change can affect a persons life similar to muhuthas, remedies.
Destiny is above them all, but their strength/soothing influence cannot be denied.

This name change thing has very strong marketing like Kalsarpa & manglik doshas these days.

The given/birth recorded name may also be destiny. But again our parents have the option of choosing our name at random or numerically.

Whatever the 'Truth' may be it is a 'Fact' that the vibrations arising out of a name without the birth details does reveal powerfully enough the nature of the individual.
And the progressions arising out of That name shows major turns/changes/bends in life.
I use them quite successfully in my timings in divination.
Being able to do so successfully so many times proved (to me) the  wonderful value of the name.
I mentioned this as vivek ji had mentioned:="Now the Ancients followed a different system of naming as the name is infact the first mantra the child receives from the world. it has a great relevance to the natives image"  
; & the word 'image' struck a bell.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri May 03, 2013 9:13 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:Thread getting too messy and long and convoluted and I fear shall soon risk becoming a veritable "dog's breakfast", a phenomenon witnessed many times before ;-)

Rishi,

Love, Light, Reality!

Rohiniranjan
Dada,

I have not mentioned anywhere that destiny can be altered by the change of name to a modified/minor one. Have I?

The name change is like using muhurthas, remedies etc.
The name change can affect a persons life similar to muhuthas, remedies.
Destiny is above them all, but their strength/soothing influence cannot be denied.

This name change thing has very strong marketing like Kalsarpa & manglik doshas these days.

The given/birth recorded name may also be destiny. But again our parents have the option of choosing our name at random or numerically.

Whatever the 'Truth' may be it is a 'Fact' that the vibrations arising out of a name without the birth details does reveal powerfully enough the nature of the individual.
And the progressions arising out of That name shows major turns/changes/bends in life.
I use them quite successfully in my timings in divination.
Being able to do so successfully so many times proved (to me) the  wonderful value of the name.
I mentioned this as vivek ji had mentioned:="Now the Ancients followed a different system of naming as the name is infact the first mantra the child receives from the world. it has a great relevance to the natives image"  
; & the word 'image' struck a bell.

Rishi

Rishi,

Where did I say that you said that name change leads to change in bhagya!!

But lots of divinators tell their clients exactly that and recommend a change in name etc to improve their destiny! I was commenting on that as being a very anecdotal type of practice with no evidence whatsoever. Divination including Jyotish is full of similar practices and that is simply a sad reality! And that includes KSY, mangalika and even flakier premises.

As Shetty ji said, "One's name is like the first mantra" so no wonder that you found that name alone gave you so much insight into the nature of individuals etc.

That would be a very different thing altogether. We are not discussing the association between the name and sense of self etc, but questioning the miraculous change with a change in name which sometimes divinators prescribe to their clients.

TWO entirely disparate things :-)

Love and Light!

Rohiniranjan

Return to “Vedic Astrology”