birth in Ketu Mahadasha

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

tulanandi

birth in Ketu Mahadasha

Post by tulanandi » Sun May 12, 2013 8:35 am

I recently came across something which I believe is quite unique to my culture.

Birth in Ketu Mahadasha is considered to be a curse referred to as "sataisa"and requires special "shanti puja" to be done.

Could there any specific relevance attached to Ketu mahadasha or for that matter, any specific relevance attached to which mahadasha someone in born in, except for fructification of yogas by that planet - good or bad, at different stages of life.

Rohiniranjan

Re: birth in Ketu Mahadasha

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun May 12, 2013 3:17 pm

tulanandi wrote:I recently came across something which I believe is quite unique to my culture.

Birth in Ketu Mahadasha is considered to be a curse referred to as "sataisa"and requires special "shanti puja" to be done.

Could there any specific relevance attached to Ketu mahadasha or for that matter, any specific relevance attached to which mahadasha someone in born in, except for fructification of yogas by that planet - good or bad, at different stages of life.
The obvious thing that comes to mind is that natal moon would be in the (birth)star ruled by ketu. As KP followers would say, moon will fuel the effects/indications depicted by ketu in the said chart.

As a starting point, naturally.

RR

RishiRahul
Astrology Reader

Post by RishiRahul » Thu May 16, 2013 4:34 pm

And also that 'few' vedic followers would say, that the fourth dasa lord moon should not be afflicted.
Also that moon/sun afflict the nodes.

Rishi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu May 16, 2013 11:25 pm

RishiRahul wrote:And also that 'few' vedic followers would say, that the fourth dasa lord moon should not be afflicted.
Also that moon/sun afflict the nodes.

Rishi
HUH! I thought it was the opposite...! No...?

Love and Light and Surprise!  :smt004

Return to “Vedic Astrology”