A question on Bhavas

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: shalimar123, eye_of_tiger, suzisco, RishiRahul

User avatar
RishiRahul
Astrology Reader
Posts: 7133
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Kolkata, New York, Toronto
Contact:

Re: A question on Bhavas

Post by RishiRahul » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:11 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:15 am
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:12 pm
Did you see what the seller is charging? $652+
Must be a platinum-plated edition :smt021
That said, I must admit that soon thereafter I got an email about a vintage Leica Model 0 (yes!) which was a pre-production prototype model of the world famous camera brand from Leitz optics which was launched in less than 200 units, just to gauge if consumers (Photographers) would welcome that (then) new camera model? This kind of shabby model with all original parts, but an over-all scruffy look and a fixed brassed lens and a make-shift viewfinder which might have been O' so Fashionable and wonderful when it was first launched, sold today's times for 2.4 million Euros...!

I wonder if the latest owner is even a photographer, as opposed to a collector of antiques and would even or EVER take an actual photo with that ancient prototype Leica which the auctioneer guaranteed is a perfectly functional equipment...!


Heretic as it might sound here, could that have become the modern destiny of ancient relics and manuscripts in the domain of divination in present (recent?) times amongst the modern connoisseurs of lost crafts and manuscripts or transcripts (BPHS for instance)?

And, has this been the case for recent decades or even centuries?

Makes me wonder as I have expressed to the misery of devoted folks, the question that has always troubled me: How come in Jyotish we have so many scores of ancient rule-books but not a single one that carried horoscopic examples? Except one which describes half a chart in a rather cursory manner!

Before we apply too much Logic and over-intellectualize out of our devotional outlook, perhaps this just stated must appeal to the 'thinking (and questioning) minds?'
Dear Dada,

Which is why these books should be taken as hints, coloured by other translators, who may or may not have been serious astrologers.
Serious seekers should always endeavour to 'sift the chaff' with the help of their studies and experience.

Why else could it be? I am sure I have missed out something..!

Rishi
http://www.rishirahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Rohiniranjan
Posts: 7439
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:11 pm
Location: N.A.

Re: A question on Bhavas

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:16 am

Spirit Seeker wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:31 pm
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:12 pm
Did you see what the seller is charging? $652+
Must be a platinum-plated edition :smt021
नमः शिवाय,
The cost is Pretty cheaper! I guess :smt022 :smt021
Amazon has become like Costco and Woolco of the 80's. If you consistently shop there, you will come out breaking even or even in the black (+) but lately I have been noticing a lot of such incredulously priced wares from time to time. Caveat Emptor seems to still prevail in the online marketplace.

Eysenck and Nias only published a meta-review which was well-written but did not attract the attention of most astrologers, it seems. It was not a classic certainly. Now, if someone sells the original transcript of BPHS, that might be a different case!

Don't worry, unlike MOST so called astrologers-researchers, you probably have enough fundamentals straight and under your belt already to figure the discipline and its practice (practical aspects), if you continue steadfastly and if your interest is intrinsic and true!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan
Posts: 7439
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:11 pm
Location: N.A.

Re: A question on Bhavas

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:19 am

RishiRahul wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:11 am
...

Dear Dada,

Which is why these books should be taken as hints, coloured by other translators, who may or may not have been serious astrologers.
Serious seekers should always endeavour to 'sift the chaff' with the help of their studies and experience.

Why else could it be? I am sure I have missed out something..!

Rishi
Rishi,

You have been around the *block* (Jyotish, Internet, etc) for long enough, and perhaps way more than me.

If you say so, let that mote be...?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

User avatar
RishiRahul
Astrology Reader
Posts: 7133
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Kolkata, New York, Toronto
Contact:

Re: A question on Bhavas

Post by RishiRahul » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:23 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:19 am
RishiRahul wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:11 am
...

Dear Dada,

Which is why these books should be taken as hints, coloured by other translators, who may or may not have been serious astrologers.
Serious seekers should always endeavour to 'sift the chaff' with the help of their studies and experience.

Why else could it be? I am sure I have missed out something..!

Rishi
Rishi,

You have been around the *block* (Jyotish, Internet, etc) for long enough, and perhaps way more than me.

If you say so, let that mote be...?

Dada,

The above was my feeling.
While my feeling/understanding may be alright, I still may be missing something.....

Rishi
http://www.rishirahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Spirit Seeker
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:43 am
Location: Now in Guwahati (Assam)

Re: A question on Bhavas

Post by Spirit Seeker » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:58 pm

नम:शिवाय।
After many days :smt002
Dear members I'd like to know more about intuition. Translation goes like Antardṛśti. So, is it seeing / feeling from inside? Will it have to be correct every time? When we say that it's my intuition, do we need any logic for it? or just experience would suffice?

I'm asking this query over here because, I've heard that 11th Bhāva is the house of intuition, but I don't know how is that so! From what I know about 11th house is, it is the place where Guru sits. I don't know how that is connected to intuition. Every time I use to think 8th house connection.
Thanks in anticipation

Rohiniranjan
Posts: 7439
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:11 pm
Location: N.A.

Re: A question on Bhavas

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:05 am

Spirit Seeker wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:58 pm
नम:शिवाय।
After many days :smt002
Dear members I'd like to know more about intuition. Translation goes like Antardṛśti. So, is it seeing / feeling from inside? Will it have to be correct every time? When we say that it's my intuition, do we need any logic for it? or just experience would suffice?

I'm asking this query over here because, I've heard that 11th Bhāva is the house of intuition, but I don't know how is that so! From what I know about 11th house is, it is the place where Guru sits. I don't know how that is connected to intuition. Every time I use to think 8th house connection.
Thanks in anticipation
I saw this almost identical question on lova forum from a member = murthi?

To my best recollection --Murthi is not on Mystic board forum?

When astrology or divination turns into seemingly a solution for spiritual boredom, really, that might be when growth begins?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Spirit Seeker
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:43 am
Location: Now in Guwahati (Assam)

Re: A question on Bhavas

Post by Spirit Seeker » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:09 am

नम:शिवाय।
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:05 am
To my best recollection --Murthi is not on Mystic board forum?
Dear Rohiniranjan Ji, I'm the one who have asked in that forum!!! They've been blocking my ids!!! :smt014 :smt021 You can verify the birth details that I've provided in that forum with the birth details that I've given in our mystic board forum! Or you can send an email from that forum to that id, so that I'll be the one who will reply it to you from that mail id! (if you want to verify!) :smt003
Cool :smt023
Hope you're doing well!

I didn't understand what do you mean by the following
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:05 am
When astrology or divination turns into seemingly a solution for spiritual boredom, really, that might be when growth begins?
Last edited by Spirit Seeker on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spirit Seeker
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:43 am
Location: Now in Guwahati (Assam)

Re: A question on Bhavas

Post by Spirit Seeker » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:47 am

नमश्शिवाय|
Dear Rohiniranjan Ji, they are so much biased!!! Did you observe that id color? After it got upgraded to blue, then after they've degraded to gold color again! All my previous ids were done like that.
SO much of biased! I don't encourage when people are too illogical & bias! I'll straightaway mock them with the evidence, logic / proof! Their ego will get burst if i start talking. But I don't hurt them for the sake of my satisfaction! They deserve to get corrected, when there is no logic! Mistakes happens with everyone Rohiniranjan Ji, but being adamant with illogical things are the only things which I don't encourage! Whoever it is!!!
They follow things like Ascendant degree is the starting degree in the respective Bhāva & the houses actually starts from there only! This is completely absurd which I've shown them why is that so, I've even provided the examples! Now, I'm not compelling them to change because I don't bother as I'm not attached.
Most KP folks uses that way! I don't even understand how on earth K.P. can stand & can explain Astrology?! Because the assumption of taking Ascendant degree as starting point of that Bhāva is itself absolutely absurd!
Let's say in a particular horoscope the method used given a wrong conclusion, we should completely abstain in using that method!
I've given the example of my horoscope itself, if I take my Ascendant degree as starting degree all the Grahās will shift. I'll be having Mercury in 1st which is absolutely ridiculous! Mars in 1st house, I don''t even know how on earth this placement is correct!?
In that way I'll not be having Mars-Venus conjunction, but this is the pretty OBVIOUS conjunction in my horoscope! I'll not be having Moon-Venus mutual aspect, but I can clearly feel that aspect!!! :smt013
My Moon is in Cancer & IT SHOULD BE IN 8TH! But for them it is in 7th :smt017 This is completely absurd!!!
Total Rāhu-Ketu axis got shifted! It shifted to 3-9 axis w.r.t. them. I'm very very sure of Ketu being in my 4th house!
The most funny thing w.r.t. that method is that I'll not be having Rāhu's 5th aspect on Venus! But I can clearly say that I'M experiencing Rāhu's aspect on Venus & I've Mars-Venus conjunction though they are far apart with degree (loose conjunction but still a conjunction!)

Not just these, I've pointed some more mistakes! Their ego got hurt. That's why they've been showing bias.
Last edited by Spirit Seeker on Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rohiniranjan
Posts: 7439
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:11 pm
Location: N.A.

Re: A question on Bhavas

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:59 pm

Thanks for the clarification. Jyotish has become quite the smorgasbord in recent times with diverse opinions, with each proponent of an approach, their approach being the only TRUTH. Munde munde mati bhinnaa!! :smt032
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan
Posts: 7439
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:11 pm
Location: N.A.

Re: A question on Bhavas

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:56 am

Spirit Seeker wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:58 pm
नम:शिवाय।
After many days :smt002
Dear members I'd like to know more about intuition. Translation goes like Antardṛśti. So, is it seeing / feeling from inside? Will it have to be correct every time? When we say that it's my intuition, do we need any logic for it? or just experience would suffice?

I'm asking this query over here because, I've heard that 11th Bhāva is the house of intuition, but I don't know how is that so! From what I know about 11th house is, it is the place where Guru sits. I don't know how that is connected to intuition. Every time I use to think 8th house connection.
Thanks in anticipation
I have always understood (assumed?) that the 8th house primarily represents our *subconscious*, wherefrom intuitions, kundalini, occult arise? Kind of like the black-hole/worm-hole (randhra) which even quantum physicists are increasingly tuning-into (The string folks and those that have begun to sense the presence of multi-dimensional multiverses... as a possibility?)

So, since intuitions lives in and finds its astrological abode in the subconscious (8), its vak-sthana must be 9th, the 2nd house from 8th? The modality of expression could be related to the X house, 3rd from 8th -- some hear, other see, few simply sense somatically...?

But if XI works for someone, who am I to interfere...?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

User avatar
RishiRahul
Astrology Reader
Posts: 7133
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Kolkata, New York, Toronto
Contact:

Re: A question on Bhavas

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:10 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:16 am
Spirit Seeker wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:31 pm
Rohiniranjan wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:12 pm


Did you see what the seller is charging? $652+
Must be a platinum-plated edition :smt021
नमः शिवाय,
The cost is Pretty cheaper! I guess :smt022 :smt021
Amazon has become like Costco and Woolco of the 80's. If you consistently shop there, you will come out breaking even or even in the black (+) but lately I have been noticing a lot of such incredulously priced wares from time to time. Caveat Emptor seems to still prevail in the online marketplace.

Eysenck and Nias only published a meta-review which was well-written but did not attract the attention of most astrologers, it seems. It was not a classic certainly. Now, if someone sells the original transcript of BPHS, that might be a different case!

Don't worry, unlike MOST so called astrologers-researchers, you probably have enough fundamentals straight and under your belt already to figure the discipline and its practice (practical aspects), if you continue steadfastly and if your interest is intrinsic and true!

Dear Dada,

Thanks for lovely words!

Yes, I try to be very true in my search for truths in divinatory crafts, as I am not much of a public person
Still learning but

Rishi
http://www.rishirahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

User avatar
RishiRahul
Astrology Reader
Posts: 7133
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Kolkata, New York, Toronto
Contact:

Re: A question on Bhavas

Post by RishiRahul » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:19 pm

Spirit Seeker wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:58 pm
नम:शिवाय।
After many days :smt002
Dear members I'd like to know more about intuition. Translation goes like Antardṛśti. So, is it seeing / feeling from inside? Will it have to be correct every time? When we say that it's my intuition, do we need any logic for it? or just experience would suffice?

I'm asking this query over here because, I've heard that 11th Bhāva is the house of intuition, but I don't know how is that so! From what I know about 11th house is, it is the place where Guru sits. I don't know how that is connected to intuition. Every time I use to think 8th house connection.
Thanks in anticipation
From my limited experiences.....

11th house may be a house important for intuition; we should not look for 1 factor astrology here again
Proper intuition I believe arises from a horse sense, which directly or indirectly is related to common sense & emotion, to start with

RishiRahul
http://www.rishirahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Spirit Seeker
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:43 am
Location: Now in Guwahati (Assam)

Re: A question on Bhavas

Post by Spirit Seeker » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:35 pm

नमश्शिवाय|🙏RiishiRahul Ji!
RishiRahul wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:19 pm
Proper intuition I believe arises from a horse sense, which directly or indirectly is related to common sense & emotion, to start with
Hmm, Okay. I should still think about this & thanks for updating :)

Rohiniranjan
Posts: 7439
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:11 pm
Location: N.A.

Re: A question on Bhavas

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:47 pm

RishiRahul wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:10 pm
...

Dear Dada,

Thanks for lovely words!

Yes, I try to be very true in my search for truths in divinatory crafts, as I am not much of a public person
Still learning but

Rishi
Which ones? Re. the woolco/costco/amazon (general commercialism i.e. the greed that percolates the interacting masses of buyers and sellers and their constant wrestling??

Leaving aside hypothetical concepts which in many traditions (particularly alchemical and similar magick (no typo!) -al traditions intuition probably -- being so fundamental, universal, neither bound by time nor space might not quite get captured within the domain of a house or similar sectors (rashi, nakshatra or whatever) but more like a presence that runs through several beads that make up the horoscope and keeps the beads connected as well as remaining in contact with the beads that are static (with respect to each other), but yet moving dynamically as the prayer/chant/mantra/breath continues...

Anyone who claims to capture the seat and modus operandii etc of intuition or of mind is either param gyaani or has found the fountainhead of life...!

Such is truly deserved of being worshipped by us ordinary mortals...!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

User avatar
RishiRahul
Astrology Reader
Posts: 7133
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Kolkata, New York, Toronto
Contact:

Re: A question on Bhavas

Post by RishiRahul » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:15 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:47 pm
RishiRahul wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:10 pm
...

Dear Dada,

Thanks for lovely words!

Yes, I try to be very true in my search for truths in divinatory crafts, as I am not much of a public person
Still learning but

Rishi
Which ones? Re. the woolco/costco/amazon (general commercialism i.e. the greed that percolates the interacting masses of buyers and sellers and their constant wrestling??

Leaving aside hypothetical concepts which in many traditions (particularly alchemical and similar magick (no typo!) -al traditions intuition probably -- being so fundamental, universal, neither bound by time nor space might not quite get captured within the domain of a house or similar sectors (rashi, nakshatra or whatever) but more like a presence that runs through several beads that make up the horoscope and keeps the beads connected as well as remaining in contact with the beads that are static (with respect to each other), but yet moving dynamically as the prayer/chant/mantra/breath continues...

Anyone who claims to capture the seat and modus operandii etc of intuition or of mind is either param gyaani or has found the fountainhead of life...!

Such is truly deserved of being worshipped by us ordinary mortals...!
Oh! Thanks for the nice & kind "Fundamental" words, Dada :) !

It is very difficult to be a 'Param Gyani'.
I only mentioned my thoughts on what makes good intuition

I have grown to feel that only very good knowledge of a subject (rather the proper knowledge of the use of the tools in the subject), with much practical experience in it to understand what tool works how much, may help to develop proper intuition.

Nice to communicate after so long :)

Rishi
http://www.rishirahul.com
Astro-Palmist & Numerologist
Accurate timings & solutions to specific questions

Post Reply

Return to “Vedic Astrology”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests