Mangalik

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Dharminder

Post by Dharminder » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:33 pm

It was a excellent discussion. But I still don't understand why Mr. Virichi got upst. so much. No question in this world is stupid.
Regards,
Dharam

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:00 pm

Dharminder wrote:It was a excellent discussion. But I still don't understand why Mr. Virichi got upst. so much. No question in this world is stupid.
Regards,
Dharam
oh nothing much, he just forgot that not everyone of us are as intelligent or enlightened as him & expected a lot from us.

astrobhadauria

Post by astrobhadauria » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:24 pm

Vishwas,You are not 22 years,old,your age is seeing above 80 years.
Good person want to make good everywhere.

AJ

Post by AJ » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:30 pm

I agree! Vishwas, you are so very wise for your age... well done :)
I wish I could've been so mature when I was 23 :(

God bless.
AJ

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:52 pm

astrobhadauria wrote:Vishwas,You are not 22 years,old,your age is seeing above 80 years.

Why sir?? did I say or do anything wrong?? I apologise if I did.

Omjit_23

Post by Omjit_23 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:29 am

Do A Free Manglik Dosh Check Only On Mystic Scripts
Viswas always give advices which cannot be given by an ordinary man of his age.
He must be an enlightened one.

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:34 pm

Comeon Omjit, I am just an ordinary human being like everyone else. ok maybe not so ordinary, because I am eccentric, but still ordinary.

srsmanian

Mangliks of the world

Post by srsmanian » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:02 pm

Here is some more on Manglik Dosha from the Nosey Parker!! If Mars is placed in the 2nd,4th,7th,8th & the 12th from Moon, Ascendant & Venus in someone’s chart, then the person is considered a Manglik. As per dictums of astrology, a manglik chart  should  be matched with another manglik for marriage. It has been established by research that manglik mothers deliver blue babies( caused by Rh –ve blood group) and therefore matched with another manglik to neutralize the defect.But there are exceptions to the manglik dosha. If mangal is placed in Aries,Cancer, Leo, Scorpio or Capricon, then there is no manglik dosha.If Mangal is associated or aspected by Jupiter, then also mangal dosha is nullified. The presiding deity of Mangal is Karthik n  Narasimha also is considered as the ruling deity. All of you are aware of the famous star couple going round n round to many temples , performing pujas n havans to drive away the evil effects of Mars in the chart!. We are only ordinary mortals!!!

arian_1c

re:

Post by arian_1c » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:57 pm

Mars in 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th and 12th are considered the positions for a manglik yoga, is quite a well known fact
but why and how this effects marriage is to be seen

i have seen and read that often the aspect of mars is even more malefic than the placement in a given house. Now many people consider Saturn to be a malefic planet, but it is actually Mars which has got the potential to be fierce, violent, immediate effect. Ketu also behaves in quite a similar manner to Mars, whereas Sun,  Saturn , Rah and 12th lord are considered more responsible for Separation, I think the word used for them is 'viched-atmak', viched means separation.
so, let us see how mars affects marriage being situated in the aforementioned houses...

Mars in 2nd house
Mars in 2nd house affects 2nd house by position, and 5th, 8th, and 9th house by aspect.
2nd house is the house of family
2nd house is also, the house 8th from 7th, representing longevity of the spouse's life, this is why they say that it may affect spouse's life.
8th house again, is the house 2nd from 7th, representing the house of family for the spouse.

Mars in 4th house
Mars in 4th house affects 4th house by position and 7th, 10th and 11th house by aspect.
4th house is called the sukh-sthan and also represents home...
7th house as we all know is the house represnting all matters of marriage, and importantly the spouse itself.
10th house is 4th from 7th , representing, home and family for the spouse..

Mars in 7th house
Mars in 7th house affects 7th house by position 10th, lagna(1st), 2nd by aspects
now, all these houses, 7th, 10th, 2nd, i have briefly discussed above
also, Mars is also considered a karaka for marriage(i know some of you might dis-agree with this), so Mars in 7th also, leads to karako-bhava-nashaya

Mars in 8th house
This is the worst position for Mars to be, in terms of manglik dosha
Mars in 8th house affects 8th house by position, 11th, 2nd and 3rd by aspect.

Mars in 12th house
Mars in 12th house affects 12th house by position, 3rd, 6th and 7th house by aspects.

Now, as far as the longevity of life of partner issue is concerned, that is seen from 2nd house(8th frm 7th), and the positions of Mars where it ASPECTS the 2nd house are
Mars in 7th house and
Mars in 8th house
So, these two are considered the more serious placements of Mars as far as Manglik dosha is concerned. I would rate it in the following order of malifecence Mars in 8th house>Mars in 7th house>Mars in 4th house and to be really honest I don't even consider the other two placements until there aren't other malefic aspects or combinations...

I will try and write the numerous ways a manglik dosha is considered cancelled soon, i will request others to post their views about this aswell

There is lot more to discuss here...
I have always been intrigued by how certain aspects of planets are considered more vicious than others, like 3rd aspect of Saturn has special importance, 8th aspect of Mars has  a special one, too, I will request someone to throw more light on this please.

regards
sahil

Rohiniranjan

Re: Mangalik

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:54 pm

Swetha,

In this thread some 8 pages long, I thought everything must have been already said but looks like a couple of things can still be added.

Mangal dosh: Mars placed in 12th, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th houses from lagna gives rise to mangal dosha.

Not moon, not sun, not venus, not darapada, not karakamsha, just LAGNA.

If we begin to take all these other indicators into account, the number of mangaliks would rise ridiculously high. Astrology is already confounded with vagueness, let us not propagate it even more, trying to cover all bases whether justified or not and whether intuitively possibile or logically plausible or not. Sorry if I am sounding too blunt!

Secondly, in order for the dosha to manifest, mars should not be in its own, moolatrikona or exalted signs! Also, it should preferably in a house by itself and not with another planet.

Then, if the dosha is present in a chart and it is matched by the other horoscope being mangalik also is said to take away the dosha. If mars is in the same house in both chart (12th for instance) then the dosha is eliminated the best. If in one of the charts saturn is in the same house as mars is in the other, then too the dosha is eliminated. This latter is questioned by some.

When all that is said and lamented, and many jyotishis consulted and some amount of money also spent in this quest, if one takes several charts in which partners have unbalanced mangalika sthiti (one chart has clear dosha, the other none) you will find that only a small fraction of these show the negative promises of mangal dosha, namely, the spouse without the dosha will suffer physically, be in poor or afflicted health and even die. This should not be stretched to then include other woes (poverty and what not!).

So if something is so ineffective overall in the real world (which is often very different from the world of books, some scholarly, others seemingly written over a few Fridays(!), what is all this fuss about?

The houses are associated with marriage and homelife, obviously: 12th is shayansukha and associated with marriage (upapada seed), 1st is bhavat bhavam from 7th (7th from 7th and lagna), 2nd stands for family/kutumba, 4th stands for home and peace (both very related with happy marriage!), 7th (explanation not needed I hope) and 8th which is the house of mangalya in women and sexual aspects in horoscopes of men.

Hope everyone can sleep in peace now!

Rohiniranjan

[quote="swetha"]i would like to more about Manglik... is it good or bad?
i am sure i am not one... but dont know about my husband.
my dob: 6/8/1979 TOB: 13:45, chennai
Abhishek: 1/8/1975 TOB: 9:20am, kolkata[/quote]

astrobhadauria

Post by astrobhadauria » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:58 am

In a year five time, Surya and Shani make "Yuti",and two time Mercury,When Surya and Shani Yuti,that time Mangal start to do make evils works,and give faith on the life like a Bhoot and like the Bhojan as Sharaab,Kabaab,Mangali dosa will highly make effects when this type Mangal in Kundali.There are two type Mangal,one nek mangal and one is bad Mangal,if any girl or boy have this type difference yuti in kundali,that time,the first word of the family of girl like "Ladkaa to sharaabee kabaabee hai,"and not care who is where,always drinks wine and goes to hotel to eat Maans machhali," and if girl have this effects,the family of boys start to say,"Kyaa bahu mili hai,kisi dharma karam ko nahee mantee hai,aur hameshaa telephone par apane yaaro se baat kartee rahatee hai,"there are first thing is incompatibly like the livings of both families.If without seeing the chart anyone can make situations of families,and read care fully by the living natures automatically make results about the marriage,I seen in the thousands of match making that there are this type difference made bad effects in family life,There are alos a most important hints that if those having Bad Mangal in his Kundali and want to make worship and works of religions,that means he is damaging his life and important time,if a dog always eat satwik bhojan in the custody and when he will free,naturally he use the Bhojan as per by nature.like this if a person who has the habits of drinking and eating non-veg.if he stop to eat and dink,think there are some heavy custody on him,and when he will free from custody,he will start without any fears.So think first make reading about choices of eating and drinking,then start to calculate the Manglik or Non Manglik.You can image a person without any reading of Astrology,like imagine person is manglik or not,see front uper side teeth of that person,there are two teeth long and heavy,and in center four teeth small and sharp.
Good person want to make good everywhere.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:08 am

Bhaduriaji,

The teeth description you gave fits the text-book imagery of vampire (Dracula movies if you have seen those!).

(a)   A very huge percentage of western population eats non vegetarian and drinks intoxicating drinks
(b)   A very large percentage of middle-eastern population eats non-vegetarian diet but totally abstains from intoxicating drinks (religion)

Will these be covered in the combinations you gave? How does one differentiate social groups that fall under group (a) from those in group (b)? Or does astrology does not work on non-hindus? Who is a hindu?

RR
[quote="astrobhadauria"]In a year five time, Surya and Shani make "Yuti",and two time Mercury,When Surya and Shani Yuti,that time Mangal start to do make evils works,and give faith on the life like a Bhoot and like the Bhojan as Sharaab,Kabaab,Mangali dosa will highly make effects when this type Mangal in Kundali.There are two type Mangal,one nek mangal and one is bad Mangal,if any girl or boy have this type difference yuti in kundali,that time,the first word of the family of girl like "Ladkaa to sharaabee kabaabee hai,"and not care who is where,always drinks wine and goes to hotel to eat Maans machhali," and if girl have this effects,the family of boys start to say,"Kyaa bahu mili hai,kisi dharma karam ko nahee mantee hai,aur hameshaa telephone par apane yaaro se baat kartee rahatee hai,"there are first thing is incompatibly like the livings of both families.If without seeing the chart anyone can make situations of families,and read care fully by the living natures automatically make results about the marriage,I seen in the thousands of match making that there are this type difference made bad effects in family life,There are alos a most important hints that if those having Bad Mangal in his Kundali and want to make worship and works of religions,that means he is damaging his life and important time,if a dog always eat satwik bhojan in the custody and when he will free,naturally he use the Bhojan as per by nature.like this if a person who has the habits of drinking and eating non-veg.if he stop to eat and dink,think there are some heavy custody on him,and when he will free from custody,he will start without any fears.So think first make reading about choices of eating and drinking,then start to calculate the Manglik or Non Manglik.You can image a person without any reading of Astrology,like imagine person is manglik or not,see front uper side teeth of that person,there are two teeth long and heavy,and in center four teeth small and sharp.[/quote]

srsmanian

MANGLIK DOSHA

Post by srsmanian » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:36 pm

Marriage is a unification of two minds ruled by Moon, unification of two bodies ruled by Venus and the life/ longevity of such union, ruled by the Ascendant or Lagna. Therefore, the great savants of vedic astrology have prescribed that the Manglik dosha must be reckoned from Moon, Venus & Lagna in the specified order of priority. This is not to say that Mangal is the only culprit for all the marriages that have gone on the rocks! In fact, with the exception of Jupiter, all other planets are capable of rocking the marriage boat. Venus in the 7th, by the dictum ‘karako bhava nasthi’ can cause pin pricks to marital harmony. Sun in the 7th can cause ‘Dwi kalathra’ or second marriage. Saturn in the 7th besides causing delays in marriage can also be responsible for incompatible conjugal pleasure. Same is the case with badly associated Mercury and a weak Moon in the 7th. Rahu Ketu axis of 1/7 like their mentors (Kujawad Ketu & Saniwad Rahu) can also be detrimental to a peaceful married life. To sum up, a good astrologer studies the horoscopes of man & woman in totality and gives a thoroughly balanced verdict, rather than solely relying on the Panchanga kutas. Vedic astrology is a treasure trough of mystic knowledge. The more you fathom with an open mind, chances are that you collect more precious pearls of  astro- wisdom. I still feel that last word on manglik dosha has not been said yet and let us hope for more healthy debates on the subject.

Rohiniranjan

Re: MANGLIK DOSHA

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:17 pm

SRSMANIAN ji,

I fully agree with your astrologic and reasons for looking at mangal dosha from lagna, moon, venus but why stop at that? Would kalatrakaraka, atmakaraka, darapada, upapada also not have a say in the matter of mangal dosh?

Would saturn in 7th necessarily produce the effects you state so boldly, in each and every case? Would Jupiter NEVER afflict marriage? Never ever ever? What about jupiter in 7th house in a karkata rising horoscope?

If only astrology were that simple and organized as some claim it to be! in the books and articles maybe, but once the rubber hits the road and jyotishi begins to start looking at real charts, suddenly all rules take on new meanings and the crystal clear palace of jyotish takes on a new format altogether.

RR

[quote="srsmanian"]Marriage is a unification of two minds ruled by Moon, unification of two bodies ruled by Venus and the life/ longevity of such union, ruled by the Ascendant or Lagna. Therefore, the great savants of vedic astrology have prescribed that the Manglik dosha must be reckoned from Moon, Venus & Lagna in the specified order of priority. This is not to say that Mangal is the only culprit for all the marriages that have gone on the rocks! In fact, with the exception of Jupiter, all other planets are capable of rocking the marriage boat. Venus in the 7th, by the dictum ‘karako bhava nasthi’ can cause pin pricks to marital harmony. Sun in the 7th can cause ‘Dwi kalathra’ or second marriage. Saturn in the 7th besides causing delays in marriage can also be responsible for incompatible conjugal pleasure. Same is the case with badly associated Mercury and a weak Moon in the 7th. Rahu Ketu axis of 1/7 like their mentors (Kujawad Ketu & Saniwad Rahu) can also be detrimental to a peaceful married life. To sum up, a good astrologer studies the horoscopes of man & woman in totality and gives a thoroughly balanced verdict, rather than solely relying on the Panchanga kutas. Vedic astrology is a treasure trough of mystic knowledge. The more you fathom with an open mind, chances are that you collect more precious pearls of  astro- wisdom. I still feel that last word on manglik dosha has not been said yet and let us hope for more healthy debates on the subject.[/quote]

arian_1c

re:

Post by arian_1c » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:30 am

rohiniranjan ji and srsmanian ji,
I have a few Qs related to wht we r discussing here...
firstly, won't Jup in 7th result in karako-bhava nashaya, how does karako bhava nashaya function really, I mean I've reading abt it since ever, but the only thing i've ever read abt it is, that the karaka prooves malefic for the house, but wht does that means , how wud that function, I mean I was reading somewhere, and somebody had delineated tht, a person's son died due to karako bhava nashay, as his Jup was in 5th house, I mean can it be that bad. I hope u understand wht I am trying to say here, HOW seriously should we take it,and, wht do u think is the logic behind this theory...

how do u use the ashtakoota guna matching, I mean I have never really find it useful, I have seen horoscopes with great match(points wise), but their horoscopes tell they are going in extremely different directions in life, I mean I only consider the whole horoscopes, and it feels bad not being able to use the ashtakoota 'tool', afterall its been there for so long, it can't be baseless, but nobody has been able to give me a logical and proper explanation.

Sat is digbali in 7th house, how do u think a swa-rashi or uccha saturn behaves in 7th house...moreover its 'said' that aspects of saturn are more malefic than its placement, howcome???....to be really honest, these are things that evrybody tells u, and i have experimented and learn to use many such "so called things", they do work aswell, but the logic is still ....

can u discuss a bit abt ven's role in infidelity, is ven in 8th, 11th, and other dusthans the only criteria, how do u look for infidelity

*this one might interest u rohiniranjan ji* we talk a lot abt combinations for arranged marriage and love marriage, and similarly unconventional marriages and stuff, BUT, i don't think there is anythin conventional abt marriages in the west, how do u explain that....

there r quiet a few Qs, but I want to remain within the scope of this topic, so will ease up for now...

regards to all
sahil

Return to “Vedic Astrology”