Mangalik

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Rohiniranjan

Re: re:

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:00 am

Dear Sahil,

I attempt to answer your queries to the best of my ability but it must not be taken to mean that I consider myself an expert in this area that I am responding about! Often people are misled when a question is asked (as you did) to a certain person by name. Rumours spread like wildfire in the realm of jyotish because it is ruled by ... (fill in the blanks!)

I have always questioned the KBN principle -- particularly after seeing many cases where the principle did not work out as promised (thank God!). Then the clue came as does the sun after a dark night! Charakarakas. I will say no more -- go and test it in a few charts yourself and then if it succeeds try to poke holes in it and see if the water still holds and if it does not work, then examine it as well!

Infidelity is not just a wild roll in the hay, despite what the pious-but inexperienced judgmental types would pronounce/proclaim! The quicker we pronounce judgment in such matters, the farther we risk moving from reality! That is the modern challenge that jyotish faces, I am afraid :-)

I am sorry if I raised more questions in you than the number of answers you expected! Like a SEEPIE with a purpose and given a 'task' you must now process the grain of sand and gift us all with a pearl :-)

Good luck and best regards!

RR

[quote="arian_1c"]rohiniranjan ji and srsmanian ji,
I have a few Qs related to wht we r discussing here...
firstly, won't Jup in 7th result in karako-bhava nashaya, how does karako bhava nashaya function really, I mean I've reading abt it since ever, but the only thing i've ever read abt it is, that the karaka prooves malefic for the house, but wht does that means , how wud that function, I mean I was reading somewhere, and somebody had delineated tht, a person's son died due to karako bhava nashay, as his Jup was in 5th house, I mean can it be that bad. I hope u understand wht I am trying to say here, HOW seriously should we take it,and, wht do u think is the logic behind this theory...

how do u use the ashtakoota guna matching, I mean I have never really find it useful, I have seen horoscopes with great match(points wise), but their horoscopes tell they are going in extremely different directions in life, I mean I only consider the whole horoscopes, and it feels bad not being able to use the ashtakoota 'tool', afterall its been there for so long, it can't be baseless, but nobody has been able to give me a logical and proper explanation.

Sat is digbali in 7th house, how do u think a swa-rashi or uccha saturn behaves in 7th house...moreover its 'said' that aspects of saturn are more malefic than its placement, howcome???....to be really honest, these are things that evrybody tells u, and i have experimented and learn to use many such "so called things", they do work aswell, but the logic is still ....

can u discuss a bit abt ven's role in infidelity, is ven in 8th, 11th, and other dusthans the only criteria, how do u look for infidelity

*this one might interest u rohiniranjan ji* we talk a lot abt combinations for arranged marriage and love marriage, and similarly unconventional marriages and stuff, BUT, i don't think there is anythin conventional abt marriages in the west, how do u explain that....

there r quiet a few Qs, but I want to remain within the scope of this topic, so will ease up for now...

regards to all
sahil[/quote]

arian_1c

re:

Post by arian_1c » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:14 pm

I got that rohiniranjan ji, no more names now...
and don't worry, u've not raised anymore Qs than I already have, but I was expectin some answers...

anyways, wht do u think abt the whole 'un-conventional thing'

regards
sahil

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:23 pm

What names? I did not understand?

Likewise about the 'whole un-conventional' thing??

RR

[quote="arian_1c"]I got that rohiniranjan ji, no more names now...
and don't worry, u've not raised anymore Qs than I already have, but I was expectin some answers...

anyways, wht do u think abt the whole 'un-conventional thing'

regards
sahil[/quote]

arian_1c

re:

Post by arian_1c » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:23 am

"I attempt to answer your queries to the best of my ability but it must not be taken to mean that I consider myself an expert in this area that I am responding about! Often people are misled when a question is asked (as you did) to a certain person by name. Rumours spread like wildfire in the realm of jyotish because it is ruled by ... (fill in the blanks!)
"

so, i will try and not isolate anyone frm the discussion and no specific names and

the unconventional thing refers to a question i asked previously.....
abt marriages---the so called combinations for love marriage and arranged marriage, and outcaste marriages, and un-conventional marriages, i find it a bit hard to understand the combinations and rules laid down for many of the above mentioned things when most of these concepts are not so universal, and can't be applied for people on all parts of the globe...

regards
sahil

srsmanian

Manglik dosha

Post by srsmanian » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:36 am

Dear Rohiniranjanji,
I enjoy your style of taking the orthodox astrology by its horns, sometimes as its defence counsel and many times as the devil’s advocate! Thank God, vedic astrology is not an assembly of dogmas, fiercely guarded by sentinels that issue fatwas whenever someone challenges it’s sanctity! Now to your potshots at my posting on Manglik dosha:-
(a) Barring some exceptions to prove the rule, it is always a bumpy ride for the natives with Saturn in the 7th.  Medical science proclaims smoking causes cancer and alcoholism the cirrhosis of liver. But do we dare challenging the medical fraternity on case by case basis when non smokers and teetotalers are afflicted by the said diseases?
(b) Jupiter in Capricon enjoys neecha bhanga for Cancer ascendants and therefore not a malefic. But Jupiter can produce harmful effects during his dasa if (i) He is affected by Kendradipathya dosha (ii) He is an avayogi for the native (iii) He suffers from chandala yoga with the association of nodes. Am I again opening a can of worms?
To sum up in a nut shell for our erudite friend, “ of all the words of mouth and pen on astrology not withstanding, it is the ability& experience of the man to interpret, his gut feeling while reading a chart and the gift of clairvoyance he enjoys, which separate men from boys”. If you have more ‘hits’ than ‘misses’ then there is  every reason to feel happy, as the same rule is applicable to even rocket science.  SRS

arian_1c

Re: Manglik dosha

Post by arian_1c » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:20 am

srsmanian wrote: To sum up in a nut shell for our erudite friend, “ of all the words of mouth and pen on astrology not withstanding, it is the ability& experience of the man to interpret, his gut feeling while reading a chart and the gift of clairvoyance he enjoys, which separate men from boys”. If you have more ‘hits’ than ‘misses’ then there is  every reason to feel happy, as the same rule is applicable to even rocket science.  SRS
my sentiments exactly sir....

regards
sahil

srsmanian

Post by srsmanian » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:23 pm

arian_1c wrote:"I attempt to answer your queries to the best of my ability but it must not be taken to mean that I consider myself an expert in this area that I am responding about! Often people are misled when a question is asked (as you did) to a certain person by name. Rumours spread like wildfire in the realm of jyotish because it is ruled by ... (fill in the blanks!)
"

so, i will try and not isolate anyone frm the discussion and no specific names and

the unconventional thing refers to a question i asked previously.....
abt marriages---the so called combinations for love marriage and arranged marriage, and outcaste marriages, and un-conventional marriages, i find it a bit hard to understand the combinations and rules laid down for many of the above mentioned things when most of these concepts are not so universal, and can't be applied for people on all parts of the globe...

regards
sahil
Dear Sahil,

None of the principles of astrology can be proved beyond all reasonable doubts by litmus tests and same is the case with ‘karako bhava nashya’ (Jup in 5th, Mars in 3rd, Sun in 9th, Merc in 4/5th Sat in 8th,Moon in 4th and Ven in the 7th). Saturn in the 8th is an exception as it is said to enhance the longevity rather than affecting it as karaka. Unfortunately, these so called wisdoms of astrology are applied to interpret past events and shown as proof by “reverse engineering” but seldom used as  predictive tools ( for fear of failures!) for forecasting coming events. You can’t use them unilaterally for all the cases. When Jup in cancer for a Pisces ascendant is enjoying triple benefit as an exalted lagna & 10th lord posited in an angle, he can hardly spoil the 5th house as karaka. Moreover, life span of an individual is primarily linked to the strength of his own horoscope, the other factors being secondary. Saturn in the 7th is not desirable but may be a swakshetra/ exalted/ yoga karaka Saturn is a redeemer.
You can use some of the important Ashta kootas for matching, but the reading of both horoscopes in totality and match them is the best method. It is not Venus alone but association of a male, malefic to be considered for infidelity. Combination of Mars-Ven in 4th, lagna and the 7th, Sun-Venus, Moon- Mars are some pointers towards infidelity but you must apply them carefully and judiciously. Saturn’s aspects are considered vital during gochara and his placement for overall life.

The rudiments of astrology and the treatise/ hypothesis by the learned form the foundation & structure for predictive astrology. It is only natural that we use them in right proportion and device our own method/ style. A masala mix of many systems viz.. Jaimini, Parasari, Prasna, Palmistry, Numerology n Nadi is a sure way to “nowhere” as done by some of the quacks appearing on commercial channels to market their naivety. SRS

arian_1c

Post by arian_1c » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:44 pm

srsmanian wrote: Dear Sahil,

None of the principles of astrology can be proved beyond all reasonable doubts by litmus tests and same is the case with ‘karako bhava nashya’ (Jup in 5th, Mars in 3rd, Sun in 9th, Merc in 4/5th Sat in 8th,Moon in 4th and Ven in the 7th). Saturn in the 8th is an exception as it is said to enhance the longevity rather than affecting it as karaka. Unfortunately, these so called wisdoms of astrology are applied to interpret past events and shown as proof by “reverse engineering” but seldom used as  predictive tools ( for fear of failures!) for forecasting coming events. You can’t use them unilaterally for all the cases. When Jup in cancer for a Pisces ascendant is enjoying triple benefit as an exalted lagna & 10th lord posited in an angle, he can hardly spoil the 5th house as karaka. Moreover, life span of an individual is primarily linked to the strength of his own horoscope, the other factors being secondary. Saturn in the 7th is not desirable but may be a swakshetra/ exalted/ yoga karaka Saturn is a redeemer.
You can use some of the important Ashta kootas for matching, but the reading of both horoscopes in totality and match them is the best method. It is not Venus alone but association of a male, malefic to be considered for infidelity. Combination of Mars-Ven in 4th, lagna and the 7th, Sun-Venus, Moon- Mars are some pointers towards infidelity but you must apply them carefully and judiciously. Saturn’s aspects are considered vital during gochara and his placement for overall life.

The rudiments of astrology and the treatise/ hypothesis by the learned form the foundation & structure for predictive astrology. It is only natural that we use them in right proportion and device our own method/ style. A masala mix of many systems viz.. Jaimini, Parasari, Prasna, Palmistry, Numerology n Nadi is a sure way to “nowhere” as done by some of the quacks appearing on commercial channels to market their naivety. SRS
well, once again, the first thing i hear myself saying is, "cudn't agree more"
As always, there are a few things that catch ur attention more than the others, so I've underlined them...
What r ur feelings when u say Saturn is a redeemer...
I personally only use Nadi and at the most Bhakoot out of the Ashtkootas when matching horoscopes, to be honest I'm ignorant abt the rest of them.
What r the others that u use and how wud u explain them to a lay man...
Have u had any experiences over the years with the infidelity thing...
What do u think are the most important placements for Saturn in a chart, good or bad..., any special cases as per ur experience....

regards to all
sahil

Return to “Vedic Astrology”