which Ayanamsa is correct ??

For vedic astrology discussions and general questions.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, RishiRahul

Phantom

which Ayanamsa is correct ??

Post by Phantom » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:33 am

i've seen that different people in india follow diff almanacs and ephemeris and ayanamsas

out of them which is genuine and correct?

B.V.Raman, K.P, N.C.Lahiri ?

can someone explain why which one is correct to follow

astrobhadauria

Post by astrobhadauria » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:47 pm

Dear,
Ayanm+Ansa=Ayanmansa.
The first or required rays that will be make good effects in life,and having full cultured about reading,it is the difference of Ayanmansa,from Vedic time,calculation are very popular like,each person change after person,each home change after home,each village after village and then city region, country,languages etc.True is one only stars and nature of house,in the astrology.
Ramendra
Jaipur

arian_1c

re:

Post by arian_1c » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:13 pm

welcome to the forum phantom...
we've had a marathon discussion on the topic....
here
http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=11612
hope u find it helpful..

regards to all
sahil

Rohiniranjan

Re: which Ayanamsa is correct ??

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:07 am

[quote="Phantom"]i've seen that different people in india follow diff almanacs and ephemeris and ayanamsas

out of them which is genuine and correct?

B.V.Raman, K.P, N.C.Lahiri ?

can someone explain why which one is correct to follow[/quote]

Dear Betaal!

Responding to you just because you touched a spot in my childhood heart! If you really got into the Phantom you would know that his other name was Walker (the ghost that walks). And ayanamsha, you are right is the biggest fantom on the Jyotish scene! No one has seen it but everyone believes that they have seen it! At least that is what one would understand from the bold statements that come and last a few seconds (in ayanamsha years!) and vanish. And the value ranges from 0 degrees (tropical) to nearly 25/26. Most are clustered around 23+ degrees and the war and claims remain hot and as unfulfilling as cotton candy (budhiya kaa baal)! The evidence offered looks big and impressive but when put in the mouth for tasting (or testing) vanishes in a second after shrinking to its real size (once the hot air which was making it seem big is gone as it touches water!).

Figuring out the ayanamsha is only the beginning, dear Fantom! Next stop would be whether you should be using a 365 day year or 360 day year for dashas (there are a few other variations too, lunar, synodic etc etc). then you will find someone raving about parallax corrected moon and not geocentric moon! <back to square one again>

Then you will run into the quandry! Should the year be used for all dashas or one for vimshottari and another for rashi dashas or both should be same!

I am sorry if I am not helping! You would love a black and white answer I know but someone like you who is ethereal and evanescent (you are really Phantom or are you just playing with an innocent child's belief??) would understand. For you represent the quantum manifestation of newtonian reality (there he goes again, Sahil might say!!).

X

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:23 am

i've asked this because nobody can prove that they're following right almanac and getting right dasa-antardasa etc is a tough job

i've been using a reverse method by trying one ayanamsa and asking few questions to that person about what incidents happened in their lives and and adjust dates accordingly

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:38 pm

Dear Phantom,

If you already have a technique that works, at least for you, then why do you continue to ask about the ayanamsha? You must know already ;-)

Those who have arrived at that point, do not ask about which ayanamsha is correct!

Makes sense?

Remember I am your long time fan, presuming of course that you are the real Phantom!

[quote="Phantom"]i've asked this because nobody can prove that they're following right almanac and getting right dasa-antardasa etc is a tough job

i've been using a reverse method by trying one ayanamsa and asking few questions to that person about what incidents happened in their lives and and adjust dates accordingly[/quote]

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:24 pm

i've been using a mixture of K.P and B.V.Raman and 99% times my predictions go right
also i use HORA method to cast a chart to see planet's positions when query was put up.
If Ruling planets for HORA match ruling planets during birth, only then i predict something

arian_1c

Post by arian_1c » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:53 pm

when u say HORA method, do u mean horary system......

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:31 pm

right !
since most of the times the person putting up a query doesn't comeup with exact time of birth, i tend to use horary

astrobhadauria

Post by astrobhadauria » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:07 pm

Phantom wrote:thanks :)

i've been using a mixture of K.P and B.V.Raman and 99% times my predictions go right
also i use HORA method to cast a chart to see planet's positions when query was put up.
If Ruling planets for HORA match ruling planets during birth, only then i predict something
Dear,
AHORATRA, the true meaning of HORA,and and no difference between KP or BV Raman,There are two types "Sodhan" in birth Chart,one is "Trikona" Sodhan,and second is "Ekadhipatya" Sodhan,There four Trikona in birth Chart,and which trikona haivng full powers,it is only God can say by the presence.You are great,and I am obliged to You for the making 99% accuracy.I am giving here a Date of birth-13th October 1984,Birth time is 13-00,Birth place is Mainpuri-India.Kindly predict about this person like this type.
1.Is this person is alive?
2.Is this person male or female?
3.Which type body,and hight.
4.If this person is alive,then at present time,in which degree north or south,east or west,if dead what is the conclusion of this person after death?

Ramendra Singh Bhadauria
Jaipur

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:27 pm

[quote="arian_1c"]when u say HORA method, do u mean horary system......[/quote]

Sahil,

In standard jyotish, hora skandha (as in brihat parashar HORA shastra) refers to natal horoscopy. However, hora also means the 12 divisions of the day (hora kundali) as well as the hora amsha.

Its usage in mixtures may be different. I stay away from artificial mixtures because even the so called 'pure' is quite mixed already and some practitioners a bit mixed-up!

RR

arian_1c

re:

Post by arian_1c » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:39 am

rohiniranjan wrote:
arian_1c wrote:when u say HORA method, do u mean horary system......
Sahil,

In standard jyotish, hora skandha (as in brihat parashar HORA shastra) refers to natal horoscopy. However, hora also means the 12 divisions of the day (hora kundali) as well as the hora amsha.

Its usage in mixtures may be different. I stay away from artificial mixtures because even the so called 'pure' is quite mixed already and some practitioners a bit mixed-up!

RR
i agree rr ji..

i've always felt astrology is'nt that complex a study as people perceive it to be...and that is because i myself try and stay away from the 'artificial mixtures', as u quoted it...

regards
sahil

Rohiniranjan

Re: re:

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:46 pm

unfortunately increasingly astrology has been turned into a product, a commodity and each reformulator insists that his reforumaled product is superior (kind of like ads placed by anti-baldness creme sellers). Some reformulations do have slight advantages but not as much as the promotional hype would want people to believe. And they keep coming in and vanishing. I have seen this pattern for many decades now!

RR

[quote="arian_1c"][quote="rohiniranjan"][quote="arian_1c"]when u say HORA method, do u mean horary system......[/quote]

Sahil,

RR[/quote]

i agree rr ji..

i've always felt astrology is'nt that complex a study as people perceive it to be...and that is because i myself try and stay away from the 'artificial mixtures', as u quoted it...

regards
sahil[/quote]

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:47 pm

ok
my question should have been more specific
which ephemeris do you prefer to follow to cast a horoscope ??

again the problem of 'anti-baldness cream' comes up ;)

olusanya

Vedic Astrology: Nirayana or Sayana?

Post by olusanya » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:26 am

While doing research on the use of geocentric positions as opposed to topocentric positions in Vedic astrology I happened upon this article by Avtar Krishen Kaul
aryasamaj.org/eng_art/do_celebrate_in_time.htm in which he argues that Vedic astrology cannot be based upon the Nirayana zodiac and is, according to his understanding of the Vedas, based upon the Sayana zodiac. He goes on to say that, "none of the ancient “text books” like Brihat Jatakam, Brihat Parashari, Mansagari, Phaladeepika or Jataka Parijata, etc mentions having used any Ayanamsha."
I am interested to read what the more experienced members of the forum have to say about this article. Can anyone identify when astrologers began to use an ayanamsha? According to Kaul the use of the different ayanamshas is a 'reformulation'.
I am presently reading Brihat Parashara Hora Shastra and will be diligently looking for any references to ayanamsha. I will do likewise when I begin reading the Brihat Jatakam.

Return to “Vedic Astrology”